PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs RB Larry Johnson Refusing To Report To Camp?

Sweets
07-20-2007, 01:29 PM
Chiefs RB Larry Johnson is said to be dug in, entrenched, refusing to report to training camp until he has a new contract. The Chiefs believe Johnson already has a contract, which has one year remaining on it, scheduled to pay the running back over $1.9 million this season. Johnson is seeking somewhere in the vicinity of $28 million in guaranteed money, which is an easy enough number to trace. Three years ago, San Diego gave running back LaDainian Tomlinson a deal that included $21 million in bonuses. Since then, the salary cap has increased about 35 percent, which would make the guaranteed money in Tomlinson's deal worth about $28 million. At this time, Johnson is unwilling to take much less. ... Kansas City takes an opposite view. Johnson is scheduled to make more than $111,000 per game, wages he would lose if he has not reported. Plus, the Chiefs could opt to fine Johnson $14,000 each day he is not at training camp while also pursuing a pro-rated portion of his initial signing bonus that could amount to as much as $660,000. The potential lost wages could prove to be enough to bring back Johnson.
Source: Adam Schefter, NFL.com (http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/10262309)

m0ef0e
07-20-2007, 01:32 PM
Very informative with the numbers. Thanks!

DrunkHillbilly
07-20-2007, 01:33 PM
$1.9 million is a JOKE!!!!

Sweets
07-20-2007, 01:37 PM
Thanx m0e...I try!!!

I just wonder if LJ is looking at the numbers and really serious about sitting out, of course in his defense, and I say this from my point of view only since I'm not a Chiefs fan, was he really treated fairly in KC? He's always be put in a negative light by the KC media I think, even after his great showing last season the Chiefs never really looked at him as the RB in the limelight, the go to guy and he proved he should have gotten a better pay day, contract or no, pay the man for what he did over and beyond I mean he would have gotten his normal pay regardless if he didn't do well last season so show him the money....it's not his fault there are parts of the team that suck...

KC Chiefs management stop being cheap bastadges!!!!!!

DrunkHillbilly
07-20-2007, 01:50 PM
Thanx m0e...I try!!!

I just wonder if LJ is looking at the numbers and really serious about sitting out, of course in his defense, and I say this from my point of view only since I'm not a Chiefs fan, was he really treated fairly in KC? He's always be put in a negative light by the KC media I think, even after his great showing last season the Chiefs never really looked at him as the RB in the limelight, the go to guy and he proved he should have gotten a better pay day, contract or no, pay the man for what he did over and beyond I mean he would have gotten his normal pay regardless if he didn't do well last season so show him the money....it's not his fault there are parts of the team that suck...

Finally someone else has seen the light!!!!

KC management has NEVER been willing to go out and get a "top notch" free agent because of money and now it appears they are not willing to sign their own either because of the same reasons!!

As far as the top notch comment goes, I don't think Priest was considered top notch by most but damnit, he sure as hell worked out for us!!!

Chiefster
07-20-2007, 08:30 PM
Pay him or trade him, and I seriously don't care which at this point. If we pay him, it should not be 28 million. IMO

Canada
07-20-2007, 10:56 PM
Pay him or trade him, and I seriously don't care which at this point. If we pay him, it should not be 28 million. IMO

yup...about the way i feel

chief31
07-21-2007, 12:01 AM
Thanx m0e...I try!!!

It is hard to pay a guy, who won't accept anything. Has he made some offer, othere than "More than everybody else"? I haven't heard a report of him asking for anything less, or even, a short-term deal? The only thing that I have heard, from his side of this, is "Pay me so much, that you will never be able to afford anyone else." (Yes, slight exaggeration.)

While so many people have jumped onto L.J.s side, in this matter, most still say, "not that much". How about letting Larry know that? You voice your opinions that the organization is being unfair, well, there is more to it, than that.

YZILLA
07-21-2007, 01:50 AM
The more I look at this the more I am beginning to think We should pack him to Dallas and Take Barber and their first round picks. Which they have two I think. They got a first round from Clevland for Quinn. That seems fair for a 29 million dollar back. Hell Barber and one first round would be good. I think we can run with Colby Smith and Bennett and the Guy from Europa league who was tearing it up. We will be fine. its obvious he doesnt want to be here for loyalty . He wants the cash in case he gets hurt ( which I understand ) but cmon show that you actually wanna be a Chief , Sounds like he wants to go to the highest bidder to me . Only bad part about first round picks is that Herm will get more linebackers and ends instead of some beefy Offensive lineman. OH well....GO Chiefs!!!

chief31
07-21-2007, 02:14 AM
I like it. If Herm were granted ten first round picks, he still wouldn't take on offensive tackle.

DrunkHillbilly
07-21-2007, 03:29 AM
I like it. If Herm were granted ten first round picks, he still wouldn't take on offensive tackle.

This goes on all the time when guys are up for extensions!!!! I promise you will be regretting it if they get rid of him!!! IMO.

J Jones and 2 picks???? $29 million??? I don't think so!

chief31
07-21-2007, 05:31 AM
I have little doubt, that he would play harder, for another team. I also believe that he would have better numbers, with another team. While you believe that I would regret getting rid of him, I believe that you will regret keeping him and over-paying him. He has had a bad attitute, in Kansas City. He will continue to have a bad attitude, here. Now, without the dominant O-line that he has made a name for himself, off of, his statistics have nowhere to go, but down.

Chiefster
07-21-2007, 05:37 AM
I have little doubt, that he would play harder, for another team. I also believe that he would have better numbers, with another team. While you believe that I would regret getting rid of him, I believe that you will regret keeping him and over-paying him. He has had a bad attitute, in Kansas City. He will continue to have a bad attitude, here. Now, without the dominant O-line that he has made a name for himself, off of, his statistics have nowhere to go, but down.

Agreed; he has made no secret of the fact that KC is too small a town for him and does not provide the kind of night life he wants.

DrunkHillbilly
07-21-2007, 02:43 PM

I'll tell ya one thing I would regret....trading him for an average at best running back from Dallas and two draft picks! I they want to trade him, fine but they and those who say he's not worth more than 10 or 11 million will regret it. And please quit wanting to trade him for nothin!!! This dude is gonna get PAID!!!! So why would you accept Jones and a couple of draft picks for a player that will get a TON of cash? If he's gonna get that money, why wouldn't you demand more in trade for him?

BTW, I don't want to hear you cheering for him this season when he scores a bundle of TD's or goes for several 200 yd games again. ***** if he played hard like you wanted him too, he could probably get 300 yds!!!!????? LOL!:character00265:

wolfpack
07-21-2007, 03:39 PM
16-18 mil and no more. need money for allen`s contract also. the glasses er hunts wont spend big amounts for both. trade LJ and see what the other backs do. i`m not expecting ahole lot from our "o" anyway so i wont be let down.

DrunkHillbilly
07-21-2007, 04:46 PM
16-18 mil and no more. need money for allen`s contract also. the glasses er hunts wont spend big amounts for both. trade LJ and see what the other backs do. i`m not expecting ahole lot from our "o" anyway so i wont be let down.

I'm ok with a 16-18 million offer.

Chiefster
07-21-2007, 07:34 PM
I'll tell ya one thing I would regret....trading him for an average at best running back from Dallas and two draft picks! I they want to trade him, fine but they and those who say he's not worth more than 10 or 11 million will regret it. And please quit wanting to trade him for nothin!!! This dude is gonna get PAID!!!! So why would you accept Jones and a couple of draft picks for a player that will get a TON of cash? If he's gonna get that money, why wouldn't you demand more in trade for him?

BTW, I don't want to hear you cheering for him this season when he scores a bundle of TD's or goes for several 200 yd games again. ***** if he played hard like you wanted him too, he could probably get 300 yds!!!!????? LOL!:character00265:

I agree with this; if we trade him we better get value for him.

chief31
07-22-2007, 01:26 AM

Don't tell me not to root for my Chiefs, O.K.? If you want to ramble on and think that L.J. is the world, then be my guest. But don't worry about my support for the team.

Just because I would rather see his half-hearted efforts leave town, doesn't mean that I wouldn't want success, from him, if he stays.

I am a Chiefs fan. Period. I want what is best for the Chiefs. In my opinion, Larry isn't it.

If he stays, I will cheer for him. Get over it.

Chiefster
07-22-2007, 04:59 AM
Don't tell me not to root for my Chiefs, O.K.? If you want to ramble on and think that L.J. is the world, then be my guest. But don't worry about my support for the team.

Just because I would rather see his half-hearted efforts leave town, doesn't mean that I wouldn't want success, from him, if he stays.

I am a Chiefs fan. Period. I want what is best for the Chiefs. In my opinion, Larry isn't it.

Woot!!

I don't think Sweets was serious about not wanting "to hear you cheering for him this season", but I've been wrong before. Anyway, it would be more like reading you cheering for him. LOL!

DrunkHillbilly
07-22-2007, 05:51 AM

Have you been drinkin????? You see that big LOL after the post along with the smiley????? Pull yourself together! Suck down some corn starch, your skin is a little thin!!!!

Chiefster
07-22-2007, 07:11 AM
Have you been drinkin????? You see that big LOL after the post along with the smiley????? Pull yourself together! Suck down some corn starch, your skin is a little thin!!!!

This is what smilies are for; to convey sentiment.

chief31
07-22-2007, 12:32 PM
Yeah, hillbilly, my bad. I obviously jumped the gun. I have grown used to arguing with you. Anyway, my apologies. I'll look for my argument in some other post then.Lol.

DrunkHillbilly
07-22-2007, 03:00 PM
Yeah, hillbilly, my bad. I obviously jumped the gun. I have grown used to arguing with you. Anyway, my apologies. I'll look for my argument in some other post then.Lol.

No worries.

YZILLA
07-22-2007, 05:26 PM
By the way I said Barber and two first round picks not Jones which you kept saying post after post. Barber is a much better power back who has a hell of a future, ( Better than Jones ) in my opinion. Either way I am rooting for the chiefs whoever shows up to play .

Chiefster
07-22-2007, 07:02 PM

Well ok, but if it happens again you'll be disqualified. :)

chief31
07-22-2007, 11:55 PM
Well ok, but if it happens again you'll be disqualified. :)

What?!?!?!? No point dedution first?

Chiefster
07-23-2007, 01:01 AM
What?!?!?!? No point dedution first?

Alright fine; a point deduction and then disqualification.

chief31
07-23-2007, 01:48 AM
Tough negotiations there, Chiefster.Lol.

Chiefster
07-23-2007, 08:53 AM
Tough negotiations there, Chiefster.Lol.

Well you know some people just bring out the best in me. LOL!

chief31
07-23-2007, 10:35 AM
Infact, if fair is to be fair, then I should get several warnings. Ala "Pacman" Jones.

Canada
07-23-2007, 11:58 AM
You will also have to pay a fine in ArrowCash!

Chiefster
07-23-2007, 07:50 PM
Infact, if fair is to be fair, then I should get several warnings. Ala "Pacman" Jones.

Nope; we are going to make an unfair example of you.

You will also have to pay a fine in ArrowCash!

...Good call!!!

wolfpack
07-23-2007, 09:45 PM
lenny and the gang thought tonight he`d hold out for a week. wichita`s channel 12 did an interveiw with Bowe last night and he said he was 95% healed over his hammy pull. lenny tonight said Bowe was real out of shape.

Chiefster
07-23-2007, 09:52 PM
lenny and the gang thought tonight he`d hold out for a week. wichita`s channel 12 did an interveiw with Bowe last night and he said he was 95% healed over his hammy pull. lenny tonight said Bowe was real out of shape.

Great; another Sims.

Guru
07-24-2007, 12:28 AM
Finally someone else has seen the light!!!!

KC management has NEVER been willing to go out and get a "top notch" free agent because of money and now it appears they are not willing to sign their own either because of the same reasons!!

As far as the top notch comment goes, I don't think Priest was considered top notch by most but damnit, he sure as hell worked out for us!!!

ehem Joe Montana

Chiefster
07-24-2007, 12:33 AM
ehem Joe Montana

Heh; he only won four Super Bowls.

Guru
07-24-2007, 12:34 AM
Heh; he only won four Super Bowls.

Just saying that the Chiefs management HAS gone to the mat for a big market player in the past. PLUS, Joe is the only one that has nearly paid off.

Chiefster
07-24-2007, 12:42 AM
Just saying that the Chiefs management HAS gone to the mat for a big market player in the past. PLUS, Joe is the only one that has nearly paid off.

Yeah, I was agreeing with you that he was a big talent that we went out and got; even though it was at the end of his career. It was one of the most enjoyable couple of seasons of Chiefs football I had experienced.

Congrats on breaking the 1000 post count barrier. BTW :)

Guru
07-24-2007, 12:54 AM
Yeah, I was agreeing with you that he was a big talent that we went out and got; even though it was at the end of his career. It was one of the most enjoyable couple of seasons of Chiefs football I had experienced.

Congrats on breaking the 1000 post count barrier. BTW :)

Same to you on 16 Grand you post whore. :36:

Chiefster
07-24-2007, 12:57 AM
Same to you on 16 Grand you post whore. :36:

Hehehe!! Thank you, thank you very much. :D

DrunkHillbilly
07-24-2007, 01:02 AM
ehem Joe Montana

Uhhhhhhh, I didn't know I needed to specify......ONE THAT IS NOT OVER THE HILLLLLLLLL AND AT THE END OF HIS CAREER!!!!!!:SHOCKED:

Is Culpepper still available? How bout Rice?

Guru
07-24-2007, 01:14 AM
Uhhhhhhh, I didn't know I needed to specify......ONE THAT IS NOT OVER THE HILLLLLLLLL AND AT THE END OF HIS CAREER!!!!!!:SHOCKED:

Is Culpepper still available? How bout Rice?

Maybe so but back in 93 that was friggin HUGE!!! Plus, have we been back to the AFC championship since then? NO

Chiefster
07-24-2007, 01:17 AM
Maybe so but back in 93 that was friggin HUGE!!! Plus, have we been back to the AFC championship since then? NO

Good point; one, I have to admit, that I had since then forgotten about.

DrunkHillbilly
07-24-2007, 01:19 AM

So that means we should go out and sign an over the hill free agent? Come on man, you know guys get signed every year and we do nothing!!! I'll give ya '93 but damn, 14 years and we can't sign a free agent at a skill position that is worth a damn??? Like I said, I loved Priest but I don't think anyone thought he would do what he did! I'm talkin about a guy that everyone knows is a good player and other teams were interested in.

Guru
07-24-2007, 01:24 AM
So that means we should go out and sign an over the hill free agent? Come on man, you know guys get signed every year and we do nothing!!! I'll give ya '93 but damn, 14 years and we can't sign a free agent at a skill position that is worth a damn??? Like I said, I loved Priest but I don't think anyone thought he would do what he did! I'm talkin about a guy that everyone knows is a good player and other teams were interested in.
Let me rephrase as I didn't say this initially. Do I disagree with your thought on the issue? No, I do not.

Have the Chiefs gone out and got a BIG off-season signing? Definitely yes!

DrunkHillbilly
07-24-2007, 01:27 AM
Let me rephrase as I didn't say this initially. Do I disagree with your thought on the issue? No, I do not.

Have the Chiefs gone out and got a BIG off-season signing? Definitely yes!

I gave you Priest and if you want ,I'll even give you Montana. Although I am not counting him.

Name some other free agents that have impacted our team in a big way in the last 10 years?

Guru
07-24-2007, 01:28 AM
I gave you Priest and if you want ,I'll even give you Montana. Although I am not counting him.

Name some other free agents that have impacted our team in a big way in the last 10 years?

Ummm, go back and reread my post again. I agreed with you for Gods sake. Why are you still arguing?

Chiefster
07-24-2007, 01:30 AM

Andre Rison. IMO

Was he more then 10 years ago? I can't remember.

DrunkHillbilly
07-24-2007, 01:32 AM
Ummm, go back and reread my post again. I agreed with you for Gods sake. Why are you still arguing?

NOT ARGUING! However, you did say "yes" we have had some BIG time signings. Just curious who they are because I disagree, that's all.

I am just frustrated because we haven't had a big time receiver EVER!!! I had a list of about 8 or 10 that signed this year and we didn't look at one even though their 1st pick was a receiver!!!

DrunkHillbilly
07-24-2007, 01:34 AM
Andre Rison. IMO

I have this conversation with my buddy all the time and he is the ONLY one we can come up with! He's not even a Chiefs fan and he says the same thing.

He may be right at 10 years.

EDIT: Oh Sorry.....NOT ARGUING!!!!!!

Chiefster
07-24-2007, 01:34 AM
Andre Rison. IMO

NOT ARGUING! However, you did say "yes" we have had some BIG time signings. Just curious who they are because I disagree, that's all.

I am just frustrated because we haven't had a big time receiver EVER!!! I had a list of about 8 or 10 that signed this year and we didn't look at one even though their 1st pick was a receiver!!!

1997-1999

DrunkHillbilly
07-24-2007, 01:36 AM
1997-1999

Did we cut him or what happen? I know he was in a little trouble and his crazy *** wife burnt his house to the ground. I can't remember.

Chiefster
07-24-2007, 01:37 AM
Did we cut him or what happen? I know he was in a little trouble and his crazy *** wife burnt his house to the ground. I can't remember.

I think so; he had gotten into some legal trouble in KC...surprise, surprise.

Guru
07-24-2007, 01:41 AM

I never once said we had more than one. I said Joe Montana.

DrunkHillbilly
07-24-2007, 01:43 AM
I never once said we had more than one. I said Joe Montana.

NOT ARGUING!!!!

Oh, ok well IMO.......It's time for another!!

Guru
07-24-2007, 01:45 AM
NOT ARGUING!!!!

Oh, ok well IMO.......It's time for another!!

Hey, now we agree on two things. Imagine that.

Chiefster
07-24-2007, 01:59 AM
Hey, now we agree on two things. Imagine that.

Hey; that's progress. :D

CHIEF4Life
07-24-2007, 02:36 AM
Good post, why pay that much for him? Yes he is great but we have a franchise to think about!!

Chiefster
07-24-2007, 02:40 AM
Good post, why pay that much for him? Yes he is great but we have a franchise to think about!!

Welcome aboard CHIEF4Life! I agree that if we are not going to pay him then we need to quit messing around with the situation and get the best value we can for him.

Guru
07-24-2007, 02:41 AM
Lets just find out what Green Bay wants to offer for him.

Chiefster
07-24-2007, 02:48 AM
Lets just find out what Green Bay wants to offer for him.

Ought to at least be able to get a first round pick. IMO

Guru
07-24-2007, 02:51 AM
Ought to at least be able to get a first round pick. IMO
Gee. Ya think?

Chiefster
07-24-2007, 02:53 AM
Gee. Ya think?

LOL!!!

Well maybe a first round pick is a bit unrealistic. :p

chief31
07-24-2007, 10:53 AM

I'M NOT ARGUING EITHER!!!:character0065:

While it was not a free-agent signing, but a trade, would Willie Roaf count?

Chiefster
07-24-2007, 10:56 AM

Will he certainly is "big". :D

DrunkHillbilly
07-24-2007, 12:50 PM

Not for this discussion. I'm speaking of free agent signings.

My whole point of this is to show that for the most part, this team hasn't been willing to go out and spend money on good free agents like other teams have to improve the team! Trust me, if you go back and look at the free agents that have been available over, let's just say the last 6 or 7 years, it will appall you as a Chiefs fan. Knowing that we have never in our life times been able to get over the hump.

Although those years with Marty getting us to the playoffs, it became a little frustrating to me after a couple of years to know all most for sure that the next year, we would get to the playoffs and then take a dump! We have been mired in mediocrity for tooooo long now and appearantly the draft hasn't gotten us to where we want to be. How else do you get there?:sign0085: :sign0085: :character00173:

kenny1937
07-24-2007, 01:58 PM
.........We have been mired in mediocrity for tooooo long now and appearantly the draft hasn't gotten us to where we want to be. How else do you get there?

:wheelchair: Hee, Hee, you have to look at the big picture, mediocrity makes a bunch of money, without spending bunches of money, Hee Hee, I learned that from Tex Marrs, Hee Hee!!

DrunkHillbilly
07-24-2007, 04:01 PM
.........We have been mired in mediocrity for tooooo long now and appearantly the draft hasn't gotten us to where we want to be. How else do you get there?

:wheelchair: Hee, Hee, you have to look at the big picture, mediocrity makes a bunch of money, without spending bunches of money, Hee Hee, I learned that from Tex Marrs, Hee Hee!!

This is my point kenny. All they are concerned with is lining their pockets and not winning! I don't care what they try to tell us! Until they start proving they are trying to win, I will always believe that! And it's a shame because Chief fans support the team whether we are winning or losing so why not try and win something for a change, I mean it's only been 40 years!!!!

Chiefster
07-24-2007, 05:22 PM
This is my point kenny. All they are concerned with is lining their pockets and not winning! I don't care what they try to tell us! Until they start proving they are trying to win, I will always believe that! And it's a shame because Chief fans support the team whether we are winning or losing so why not try and win something for a change, I mean it's only been 40 years!!!!

Well only 38 technically; but who's countin.

DrunkHillbilly
07-24-2007, 05:26 PM
Well only 38 technically; but who's countin.

I was always taught to round up:character0065:

Chiefster
07-24-2007, 05:30 PM
I was always taught to round up:character0065:

Did you grow up on a ranch? :D

DrunkHillbilly
07-24-2007, 06:38 PM
Did you grow up on a ranch? :D

No but I like Ranch Dressing!!:bananen_smilies102:

OTR Chiefs fan
07-24-2007, 08:25 PM
The more I look at this the more I am beginning to think We should pack him to Dallas and Take Barber and their first round picks. Which they have two I think. They got a first round from Clevland for Quinn. That seems fair for a 29 million dollar back. Hell Barber and one first round would be good. I think we can run with Colby Smith and Bennett and the Guy from Europa league who was tearing it up. We will be fine. its obvious he doesnt want to be here for loyalty . He wants the cash in case he gets hurt ( which I understand ) but cmon show that you actually wanna be a Chief , Sounds like he wants to go to the highest bidder to me . Only bad part about first round picks is that Herm will get more linebackers and ends instead of some beefy Offensive lineman. OH well....GO Chiefs!!!

LJ has never had any true loyalty to the Chiefs. He's always felt under appreciated and has had somewhat of a chip on his shoulder since he was drafted. Especially with Vermille's "taking off the diapers" quote. So, don't expect him to show any loyalty. For him it's all about getting paid. Having said that, I don't blame him. He needs to get paid more than he's getting now. But not 28 mil. :sign0082: True, that Chiefs management have never paid top dollar for talent. But I have a feeling this will get done. If not, they need to make a decision quick and not make this a prolonged thing

Coach
07-24-2007, 08:31 PM
I hope we don't get short changed in a trade. I agree that LJ has been pissed since the diaper comment. Now he is looking to make a statement to the league. Getting paid LT money is validation for him.

Chiefster
07-24-2007, 08:34 PM
I hope we don't get short changed in a trade. I agree that LJ has been pissed since the diaper comment. Now he is looking to make a statement to the league. Getting paid LT money is validation for him.

Oh geeez, I forgot all about that; if that's what's feuling his fire then he needs to just let it go because all he's doing is confirming the sentiment.

Coach
07-24-2007, 08:53 PM
Oh geeez, I forgot all about that; if that's what's feuling his fire then he needs to just let it go because all he's doing is confirming the sentiment.

Agreed!

Chiefster
07-25-2007, 12:37 AM
Agreed!

Love the tallent, but can't stand the attitude.:character0099:

kenny1937
07-26-2007, 02:34 AM
We need a young Priest Holmes clone, there has to be one out there somewhere. (sigh), Iwould even settle for a Barry Sanders clone, come on Carl this can't be as elusive as your five year plan, the talent has to be out there, do your job and find it. (groan)

:wheelchair: Don't tell me how to do my job, You old whippersnapper You!!!

luv
07-26-2007, 04:08 AM
Thanx m0e...I try!!!

You're a closet Chiefs fan?

Guru
07-26-2007, 04:16 AM
You're a closet Chiefs fan?

Carl has a way of bringing out true colors.

Chiefster
07-26-2007, 05:30 AM
Carl has a way of bringing out true colors.

...Shameless Cindy Lauper plug. :p

Guru
07-26-2007, 05:31 AM
...Shameless Cindy Lauper plug. :p

You DIDN'T just say her name on a football BB. What is wrong with you.:bluegrab:

Chiefster
07-26-2007, 08:06 AM
You DIDN'T just say her name on a football BB. What is wrong with you.:bluegrab:

...Couldn't help it; your "true colors" comment demanded it.

kenny1937
07-27-2007, 12:36 AM
What does Cindy Lauper have to do with the color Blue?
In fact what does she have to do with anything? (Grin)
I'm more interested in Kansas City RED, GO CHIEF'S!!

(I know I'm meddling with a private joke between you and guru, Chiefster, couldn't help myself :wheelchair: made me do it, grin)

:punk:

Chiefster
07-27-2007, 05:19 AM
What does Cindy Lauper have to do with the color Blue?
In fact what does she have to do with anything? (Grin)
I'm more interested in Kansas City RED, GO CHIEF'S!!

(I know I'm meddling with a private joke between you and guru, Chiefster, couldn't help myself :wheelchair: made me do it, grin)

:punk:

Were do you get the color blue, and what private joke? It looked public to me. :)

kenny1937
07-28-2007, 02:27 AM
I guess I misread something down the line, it is probably just as well, Kenny1937 signing off.

Chiefster
07-28-2007, 02:36 AM
I guess I misread something down the line, it is probably just as well, Kenny1937 signing off.

No problem; we're all just posting out of boredom.

chief31
07-28-2007, 10:45 AM
This is an outrage!!! :character00269:

Chiefster
07-28-2007, 12:59 PM
This is an outrage!!! :character00269:

It truly is! :mob:

Boltblazer
07-29-2007, 06:27 PM
Good! Then the demise of the Queefs will be complete.:yahoo:

Sweets
07-29-2007, 06:34 PM

^^^Always the bridesmaid never the bride:lol:

how is that working out for ya anyway???

luv
07-29-2007, 06:36 PM

Heh. We never even get to be the bridesmaid...lol.

Boltblazer
07-29-2007, 06:39 PM

Which part? you wanting to dress like a girl? Or the part where your GM hates the queefs too.

Sweets
07-29-2007, 06:45 PM
I am a girl, moron.....my GM?? he doesn't care...I'm a 49erfan...you remember 49-26 don't ya...huh...don't ya...

luv, at least your team knows what it's like to win a SB trophy, maybe you should show the lil chargertroll what one looks like, or I could show him 5.......

Canada
07-29-2007, 06:46 PM

Did you just think of that now...all by yourself?? Cause I have never heard that before. You must have a professional writer feeding you posts or something cause the is noooooooooo way that any normal person could come up with such a clever well thought out nickname. I am soo impressied with you use of the letter Q and U. Very impressive, and to add in that absolutely brilliant bit of comedy...queefs...awesome man

Sweets
07-29-2007, 06:48 PM
Funny NOW that the chargers finally got something how the fans come to other boards to talk crap, a few years back they'd still be on their own site cowering in the corners licking themselves, telling themselves it's ok...

luv
07-29-2007, 06:49 PM
Funny NOW that the chargers finally got something how the fans come to other boards to talk crap, a few years back they'd still be on their own site cowering in the corners licking themselves, telling themselves it's ok...
Yes, they are the perfect example of bandwagon fans. We'll see where they're at again in a few years.

Boltblazer
07-29-2007, 06:51 PM
I am a girl, moron.....my GM?? he doesn't care...I'm a 49erfan...you remember 49-26 don't ya...huh...don't ya...

luv, at least your team knows what it's like to win a SB trophy, maybe you should show the lil chargertroll what one looks like, or I could show him 5.......

See how much more interesting this "smack" room got.

Sweets
07-29-2007, 06:52 PM
Interesting??? Hardly....just sharpening the nails is all...thanx Corky

Sweets
07-29-2007, 06:55 PM
Smack room???I guess Corky can't read, <looks up and sees Hardcore Chiefs Discussion> yep the Corky can't read...

luv
07-29-2007, 06:56 PM
Smack room???I guess Corky can't read, <looks up and sees Hardcore Chiefs Discussion> yep the Corky can't read...
Was just about to post the same thing.

luv
07-29-2007, 06:59 PM
I think the Chiefs will be a more well-rounded team in the next few years. With or without LJ. A lot of people don't like Herm, but I'm giving it a few years before making a judgement call. Speaking of coaches, how are you guys enjoying Martyball?

stlchief
07-29-2007, 07:19 PM
Martyball, we can tell the story well here in KC. Great regular season, sucky post-season, kick Marty out, team drops about about 4 - 7 wins for years to come.

Get ready SD!

Coach
07-29-2007, 08:07 PM
Martyball, we can tell the story well here in KC. Great regular season, sucky post-season, kick Marty out, team drops about about 4 - 7 wins for years to come.

Get ready SD!

I think this will be the case for the Bolts this year. I think Marty put Phillip Rivers in a position to win. Lots of small ball. IMO Phillip Rivers production this year will fall considerably. But having LT in the backfield definitely makes him a better QB.

sling58
08-04-2007, 08:36 AM
Just pay LJ I say. He has proved himself. Yea sitting out might not be the best way to do thing but 1.9 mil for a player of his caliber I think might be a slap in the face. Give him his money and lets play ball.

chief31
08-04-2007, 08:40 AM
Just pay LJ I say. He has proved himself. Yea sitting out might not be the best way to do thing but 1.9 mil for a player of his caliber I think might be a slap in the face. Give him his money and lets play ball.
How much money?

Chiefster
08-04-2007, 11:14 PM
How much money?

That is the question. While I agree that 109 mil. is comparatively low, but expecting LT money is not realistic IMO.