PDA

View Full Version : What about Gruden to the Chiefs?

KCCAT21
01-16-2009, 06:32 PM
I love Gruden, always have. I am not sure Pioli and him would work good together, but I think if we got a good DC and brought in Gruden it would work.

leoness8
01-16-2009, 06:39 PM
I also have always been a fan of Johnny Gruden. Because of this...it most likely will delay the process of whats going to happen with the head coaching position. Take your time Pioli. Make the right move.

hometeam
01-16-2009, 07:02 PM
Looks like Gruden is on the market, what do you guys think about him in KC? I dont know that Pioli would do it, but I wouldn't mind one bit. The only reservation I have about Gruden is his very hard to decipher offense on young QB's.

Thoughts?

Chieffaninfl
01-16-2009, 07:54 PM
That is a horrible idea. He is a bad coach, and a poor evaluator of talent. If you look at the draft picks hes made in the years since coaching the bucs you will see how bad he really is. He stepped in with a team that Dungy built, and won a ring, but check his record since that. Not good. Please dont wish this on us.

hometeam
01-16-2009, 08:01 PM
Built a raiders team that went to the SB and lost again him as well~

I would love to have him, we need a fiery coach in KC.

Bike
01-16-2009, 09:31 PM
He won a superbowl and went to sh!t.
No thanks.

yashi
01-16-2009, 09:36 PM
That is a horrible idea. He is a bad coach, and a poor evaluator of talent. If you look at the draft picks hes made in the years since coaching the bucs you will see how bad he really is. He stepped in with a team that Dungy built, and won a ring, but check his record since that. Not good. Please dont wish this on us.

what he said.

KCCAT21
01-16-2009, 09:39 PM
Ok, if you don't want Gruden then give us someone you do want.

Coach
01-16-2009, 09:44 PM
No way do I want Chucky. No Way!
http://blogs.msg.com/gameon/images/2007/07/12/grudenchucky_2.jpg

ESPN.com - Page2 - Head-to-Head: Jon Gruden vs. Chucky (http://espn.go.com/page2/s/hruby/030123.html)

Bike
01-16-2009, 10:29 PM
Ok, if you don't want Gruden then give us someone you do want.
Spagnouli, Ryan, Cowher, Shannahan...

Hayvern
01-16-2009, 11:49 PM
Spagnouli, Ryan, Cowher, Shannahan...
:11:what he said!

windwalker
01-17-2009, 08:44 AM
No Way

windwalker
01-17-2009, 08:48 AM
No Way

KCCAT21
01-17-2009, 05:22 PM
You like Shanahan? What has he done without Elway? I would take a chance on Ryan, Spangnolo or however you spell his name is now in St. Louis, and Cowher has said he is not coming back. Sounds like choices are becoming limited. Let Pioli give Gruden talent, and I think he could win.

Chieffaninfl
01-17-2009, 05:46 PM
Gruden is a patchwork guy, he fills holes for now not for long term, That is the last thing we need here. Not only that he also never accepts when he drafts a bust. He could have drafted Adrian Peterson, but wanted to prove that Cadillac was not a bust. Doesnt look that way to me. Also he didnt build a Super Bowl team, he wasnt there long enough to build anything. Give me Shannahan all day. Shannahan has produced 1000 yard rushers out of no name running backs, and drafted the likes of Jay Cutler, and Brandon Marshall. Teamed with Pioli I think we would have a good combo. Maybe Romeo as DC.

Chieffaninfl
01-17-2009, 05:53 PM
Gruden is a patchwork guy, he fills holes for now not for long term, That is the last thing we need here. Not only that he also never accepts when he drafts a bust. He could have drafted Adrian Peterson, but wanted to prove that Cadillac was not a bust. Doesnt look that way to me. Also he didnt build a Super Bowl team, he wasnt there long enough to build anything. Give me Shannahan all day. Shannahan has produced 1000 yard rushers out of no name running backs, and drafted the likes of Jay Cutler, and Brandon Marshall. Teamed with Pioli I think we would have a good combo. Maybe Romeo as DC.
My bad I didnt realize Gruden was at Oakland for 4 yrs.

slc chief
01-18-2009, 12:43 AM
grden sucks i dont want him here

dbolan
01-20-2009, 09:37 AM
One thing to remember...Gruden will not be the one that evaluates all of the talent and he will not have the final say. Pioli will take care of that stuff.

KCCAT21
01-20-2009, 10:15 AM
Sounds like we won't have to worry about Chucky to KC. A lot of rumors out there have him ending up at Notre Dame. I personally don't have anything to back that up, just what I have read and heard. I still like him and wish him luck.