PDA

View Full Version : Will Pioli Fire Herm?

D.A.S.
01-16-2009, 10:53 PM
Will Pioli fire Herm before the 2009 season?
He better!

Bike
01-16-2009, 10:55 PM
If not, we should fire Pioli....

D.A.S.
01-17-2009, 12:08 AM
If not, we should fire Pioli....

Amen. :D

okikcfan
01-17-2009, 05:06 AM
We can only hope and Pray that he does fire Herm, Please!!

spiman
01-17-2009, 08:41 AM
No I hope not! A new coach will want to retool again. Dare I say it REBUILD NOOOOOOOOOOOOOo

windwalker
01-17-2009, 09:23 AM
Why waste the $$ on firing Herm.. he has one year left on his contract.. he is still in his "re-building" mode.

The players believe in him and not just the rookies and 2nd year guys. I think the Chiefs will win a lot more games in spite of him.

Settle down.. let's see what next year brings, and then, when his contract is up.. decide who the next coach is going to be..

Vandelay
01-17-2009, 01:04 PM
Why waste the $$ on firing Herm.. he has one year left on his contract.. he is still in his "re-building" mode.

The players believe in him and not just the rookies and 2nd year guys. I think the Chiefs will win a lot more games in spite of him.

Settle down.. let's see what next year brings, and then, when his contract is up.. decide who the next coach is going to be..
Get rid of Herm now. Yes they will win more game in spite of him, maybe 6 or 7. But with a good in game coach, maybe they win 9 or 10. And that might win the afc west.

Hayvern
01-17-2009, 01:11 PM
Get rid of Herm now. Yes they will win more game in spite of him, maybe 6 or 7. But with a good in game coach, maybe they win 9 or 10. And that might win the afc west.

Which the next logical conclusion is that the front office will say, "See we knew Herm could do it!" The reality is that he would be lucky to win 10 games next year. He will lose at least three because of his clock management and play calling.

Vandelay
01-17-2009, 01:23 PM
Which the next logical conclusion is that the front office will say, "See we knew Herm could do it!" The reality is that he would be lucky to win 10 games next year. He will lose at least three because of his clock management and play calling.
Herm has bad clock managment? I don't recall that. Oh wait, there was that jets game. Ah, and that bucs game. Almost forgot the charger game at home.

Hayvern
01-17-2009, 03:21 PM
Herm has bad clock managment? I don't recall that. Oh wait, there was that jets game. Ah, and that bucs game. Almost forgot the charger game at home.

And don't forget the Raiders game at home in the 2007 season.

royalswin100games
01-19-2009, 02:06 PM
Losing to the Raiders at home is unforgivable.

Three7s
01-19-2009, 05:40 PM
I wish he'd fire Herm, but it's becoming more and more likely that he won't.

KCCAT21
01-19-2009, 05:54 PM
The longer it goes on, the more worried I get that he won't. I still think he will, but he is sure making me nervous. Wish we would hear something.

theaxeeffect4311
01-19-2009, 10:36 PM
I do not what is up with Pioli and Hunt not firing Herm, but they may be looking for his replacement before they fire him. It's a bad strategy because how are teams supposed to know that you are hiring if the position is already filled. I do not know what is going on, but you cannot expect a guy coming into the franchise would see Herm as a guy worth keeping.

Pro_Angler
01-19-2009, 10:52 PM
seemed to me that Pioli talked pretty highly of herm during his press conference.

KottkeKU
01-20-2009, 01:57 AM
keep herm edwards = keep tyler thigpen

and lose herm = lose thigdaddy (atleast as a starter)

Big Daddy Tek
01-20-2009, 01:59 AM
I do not what is up with Pioli and Hunt not firing Herm, but they may be looking for his replacement before they fire him. It's a bad strategy because how are teams supposed to know that you are hiring if the position is already filled. I do not know what is going on, but you cannot expect a guy coming into the franchise would see Herm as a guy worth keeping.

Many people would disagree with you.

dbolan
01-20-2009, 10:34 AM
Yep...Seems to look like it. Hermie is a master BS'er and the longer he stays, the more likely he stays. There have been too many coaches slip by to other teams thus far.

Although...I see a possibility of Gruden coming to KC. Another opportunity for him to stick it to Al Davis.

theaxeeffect4311
01-21-2009, 03:39 AM
Many people would disagree with you.

Of course people can disagree with me. That is the point of an opinion. My opinion: There is no good reason to keep Herm for one more season. I do not care that there are great coaches in 2010. Do you think they'll want to come to a team like KC if we keep losing like we do? On top of that, do you think that Herm will try knowing that he will not be here next year? To me, this is the best time to hire a new head coach.

texaschief
01-21-2009, 03:52 AM
Yep...Seems to look like it. Hermie is a master BS'er and the longer he stays, the more likely he stays. There have been too many coaches slip by to other teams thus far.

Although...I see a possibility of Gruden coming to KC. Another opportunity for him to stick it to Al Davis.

Thank you for that John Madden. You continue to have an amazing grasp for the obvious. :lol:

yashi
01-21-2009, 09:14 AM
Thank you for that John Madden. You continue to have an amazing grasp for the obvious. :lol:

You play...to win...the game! Hello?!

dbolan
01-21-2009, 10:19 AM
The intention was to place emphasis on Herm's BSing abilities. LOL!

Wish I had Madden's cash flow!

Bike
01-21-2009, 12:53 PM
Doink.

Big Daddy Tek
01-22-2009, 01:58 AM
Of course people can disagree with me. That is the point of an opinion. My opinion: There is no good reason to keep Herm for one more season. I do not care that there are great coaches in 2010. Do you think they'll want to come to a team like KC if we keep losing like we do? On top of that, do you think that Herm will try knowing that he will not be here next year? To me, this is the best time to hire a new head coach.

?? Their is no such thing as coaches not trying at any point, EVER. If you believe this than you are more niave than I thought. ESPECIALLY Herm Edwards.

Codac
01-22-2009, 02:17 AM
I say keep him, but make him the new D-Back coach. All the players love the guy. They just don't love that he can't win games.

theaxeeffect4311
01-22-2009, 10:33 AM
?? Their is no such thing as coaches not trying at any point, EVER. If you believe this than you are more niave than I thought. ESPECIALLY Herm Edwards.

Instead of taking shots at each other, how about you just give your reason for why the Chiefs should keep Herm Edwards?

greg3564
01-22-2009, 11:47 AM
Instead of taking shots at each other, how about you just give your reason for why the Chiefs should keep Herm Edwards?

Ummmm.......I got nothing! No reason exists in this world to keep Herm another year, none at all.

dbolan
01-22-2009, 11:52 AM
Ummmm.......I got nothing! No reason exists in this world to keep Herm another year, none at all.

Actually, I started a thread asking for one good reason to keep Herm and NO ONE posted a thing! LMAO!!

:sign0098:

tornadospotter
01-22-2009, 11:52 AM

We need a DC?
:D

Codac
01-22-2009, 01:13 PM
Herm would be a great DB Coach. We need a DB coach. It works out pretty good. I don't like him as a head coach. Thats a good reason to keep him.

yashi
01-22-2009, 01:18 PM
I love the idea, but there's no way Herm would agree to be demoted all the way to DB coach..

theaxeeffect4311
01-22-2009, 06:12 PM
I love the idea, but there's no way Herm would agree to be demoted all the way to DB coach..

Agreed. And I'm not sure I would let Herm be our DC. Cover 2 defense is hard to run. Even when Dungy was running it with Freeney and Mathis, they still did not rank that well. We need a different face on defense. A conventional 4-3 defense would not be bad. I've seen many teams pull it off pretty well. Titans, Giants, Eagles, Bears, and Vikings are to name a few.

Stevefullerqb
01-22-2009, 10:49 PM
It has been too long and i think Herm and Pioli are getting to know each other. I also think Herm is extremely likable and Pioli will find his commitment to the franchise is pure. In a way I believe both Pioli and Herm are going to find some common ground. Herm has made an attempt to rebuild the franchise and Pioli is sure to realize he is commited to the success of the franchise. That being said what does Pioli stand to lose if he fires Herm without a real worthy successor? Herm probably has more knowlege of what we have than we give him credit for. My take is Pioli will agree to work w/ Herm next year to see how things come together. Just my take though-1st post but the board is what I have been looking for..

Bike
01-22-2009, 10:57 PM
It has been too long and i think Herm and Pioli are getting to know each other. I also think Herm is extremely likable and Pioli will find his commitment to the franchise is pure. In a way I believe both Pioli and Herm are going to find some common ground. Herm has made an attempt to rebuild the franchise and Pioli is sure to realize he is commited to the success of the franchise. That being said what does Pioli stand to lose if he fires Herm without a real worthy successor? Herm probably has more knowlege of what we have than we give him credit for. My take is Pioli will agree to work w/ Herm next year to see how things come together. Just my take though-1st post but the board is what I have been looking for..
Good 1st post. I'm sure Herm is a good guy and is truely dedicated to the future of the Chiefs. But unfortunately for Herm, and us, is he can't coach. Losing 23 out of last 25 games does not warrant him keeping his job. His assistants are jumping ship and he was a no-show at the senior bowl. Herm is done in KC.

greg3564
01-22-2009, 11:49 PM

Not going to happen. Pioli would have already come out and said if he were keeping Herm. Add the front office silence to the exodus of assistant coaches and the writing is on the wall. Herm is toast.