PDA

View Full Version : Spag goes to Rams, Pioli twiddles his thumbs.

D.A.S.
01-17-2009, 03:29 PM
Well, lazy Pioli didn't fire Herm and now Spag has signed with the Rams. The best coaching prospects have all been hired while KC's lazy front office twiddles there thumbs and have meetings on rather or not to fire the biggest loser in KC history. Thank you Clark, for being a great owner and hiring a guy who gets things done before it's to late.

jerhart
01-17-2009, 03:37 PM
Well, lazy Pioli didn't fire Herm and now Spag has signed with the Rams. The best coaching prospects have all been hired while KC's lazy front office twiddles there thumbs and have meetings on rather or not to fire the biggest loser in KC history. Thank you Clark, for being a great owner and hiring a guy who gets things done before it's to late.

Wow...impatient a bit?...the guy has been the GM for 5 days and your already calling him lazy? Ya know...maybe he already has his man. Who said Spagnola was his man? Ferentz is still out there....you still have the coordinators in the playoffs....maybe he wants one of those guys.

Chill out. Someone with 3 superbowl championships I am willing to be patient with.

okikcfan
01-17-2009, 04:13 PM
Wow...impatient a bit?...the guy has been the GM for 5 days and your already calling him lazy? Ya know...maybe he already has his man. Who said Spagnola was his man? Ferentz is still out there....you still have the coordinators in the playoffs....maybe he wants one of those guys.

Chill out. Someone with 3 superbowl championships I am willing to be patient with.

Very well said and I very much agree with you, he just got here and I think he already know who he wants, only time will tell...

hometeam
01-17-2009, 04:14 PM
Agreed. Though, I am afraid the more time Herm spends in his office, the more likely he is to be there for the remainder of the season.

Purplepapist
01-17-2009, 04:35 PM
Seriously DAS...take a pill. Slowly remove your hands off the panic button and stop drinking so much caffeine. We are in good hands. Let the man work.

Canada
01-17-2009, 05:34 PM

Yeah, we didn't do things the way you would have. Remind me again why you aren't the new GM?

KCCAT21
01-17-2009, 05:37 PM
D.A.S. I am with you, I wsish we would have got Spag. But i think we got to trust Pioli, hell he has only been here a few days can't start second guessing him already.

Chieffaninfl
01-17-2009, 05:40 PM
Im with you there is a reason Pioli was so sought after, now give him a little time. Something tells me there is a plan in place 1 way or the other. CHILL!

D.A.S.
01-17-2009, 05:54 PM
Yeah, we didn't do things the way you would have. Remind me again why you aren't the new GM?

If I was the GM we'd win more than 2 games in 25. I could care less about Spag. My deal is we are keeping the worst coach in all of sports and Hunt and Pioli are doing nothing but excuse making and puffing sunshine up his butt. Pioli said he doesn't know if he will keep Herm or not. Now either he is a liar, a moron, or lazy. If he already knows he lied to us. If he thinks Herm can do the job he is a moron. If he doesn't think Herm can do it he's lazy for not firing him.

jerhart
01-17-2009, 05:56 PM
...you have really poor football logic. That's all.

D.A.S.
01-17-2009, 06:04 PM
Free agency starts in a few weeks. You need a coach before then. If they don't fire Herm soon they won't have time to interview new candidates. And it doesn't matter if they have someone they want because it's illegal to not interview a black person even if all the available black candidates who are interested are bums. So if we just up and hire someone without a long racist interview period we'll have broken the racist laws. So if you have someone in mind you need to fire Herm now so you can obey the racist laws. If you wait much longer all the free agents will sign while we're playing marry-go-round with interviewies. You either have to fire him now or your stuck with him. There isn't much time. I'm sick of losing and I'm sick of Edwards and I'm sick of Clark Hunt and I want things to get fixed around here NOW!

jerhart
01-17-2009, 06:05 PM
Free agency starts in a few weeks. You need a coach before then. If they don't fire Herm soon they won't have time to interview new candidates. And it doesn't matter if they have someone they want because it's illegal to not interview a black person even if all the available black candidates who are interested are bums. So if we just up and hire someone without a long racist interview period we'll have broken the racist laws. So if you have someone in mind you need to fire Herm now so you can obey the racist laws. If you wait much longer all the free agents will sign while we're playing marry-go-round with interviewies. You either have to fire him now or your stuck with him. There isn't much time. I'm sick of losing and I'm sick of Edwards and I'm sick of Clark Hunt and I want things to get fixed around here NOW!

Solution: Go cheer for another team Nancy.

D.A.S.
01-17-2009, 06:07 PM
...you have really poor football logic. That's all.

People have been telling me that for years. It always seems that when all is said and done I'm always right. And everyone who knows me does not dare to say things like that to me because there sick of me telling them I told you so.

D.A.S.
01-17-2009, 06:08 PM
Solution: Go cheer for another team Nancy.

Well I'm actual a real fan, not a fair whether fan such as people like you.

jerhart
01-17-2009, 06:11 PM
Well...unlike you...I have faith in Clark. I believe he has made a good move with Pioli. I am certain that Pioli and Clark are hard at work now. Unlike you...I'm not 'sick' of it....I have faith in our front office that they will get the job done correctly.

Familiar with the saying 'Haste makes waste'?

nigeriannightmare
01-17-2009, 06:24 PM
IMO, i think that Pioli is waiting for this weekend to play out, it's all about Baltimore's DC, Mr. Rex Ryan.

okikcfan
01-17-2009, 06:32 PM
If I was the GM we'd win more than 2 games in 25. I could care less about Spag. My deal is we are keeping the worst coach in all of sports and Hunt and Pioli are doing nothing but excuse making and puffing sunshine up his butt. Pioli said he doesn't know if he will keep Herm or not. Now either he is a liar, a moron, or lazy. If he already knows he lied to us. If he thinks Herm can do the job he is a moron. If he doesn't think Herm can do it he's lazy for not firing him.

If you were the GM we would be tied with the lions:lol:

D.A.S.
01-17-2009, 06:53 PM
Well...unlike you...I have faith in Clark. I believe he has made a good move with Pioli. I am certain that Pioli and Clark are hard at work now. Unlike you...I'm not 'sick' of it....I have faith in our front office that they will get the job done correctly.

Familiar with the saying 'Haste makes waste'?

Misplaced faith can be dangerous.

Are familiar with the tortoise and the hair. How the rabbit was lazy so he lost the race when he should have won. They should be able to turn around the team but they are just sitting around giving paychecks to Herm Edwards instead of getting the ball rolling.

D.A.S.
01-17-2009, 06:54 PM
IMO, i think that Pioli is waiting for this weekend to play out, it's all about Baltimore's DC, Mr. Rex Ryan.

I hope you are correct. Still, why not fire Herm so the job will be free when Ryan's season ends.

D.A.S.
01-17-2009, 06:57 PM
If you were the GM we would be tied with the lions:lol:

At least I would quit if I was a loser. The Chiefs front office just wants to keep on dragging out dead careers.

texaschief
01-17-2009, 06:59 PM
Unbelievable.

jerhart
01-17-2009, 07:02 PM
Misplaced faith can be dangerous.

Are familiar with the tortoise and the hair. How the rabbit was lazy so he lost the race when he should have won. They should be able to turn around the team but they are just sitting around giving paychecks to Herm Edwards instead of getting the ball rolling.

...so you honestly think Clark and Hunt are doing nothing right now?

How did you feel during that two week span when we were without a GM and there was NO word coming out of KC of who we were interviewing. Did you think we were being 'lazy'? What happened....? In the end we landed Scott Pioli...the most sought after GM in the league.

Here we are again....the Head Coaching position is in question...and just like the GM situation...Clark AND Pioli are not leaking any information to the media. And if you would be PATIENT....we might come out on top again with this move.

If you can't trust a man with 3 Championships....who do you trust?

By the way...your analogy is horrible for the sake of your argument. The Tortoise who took his time ended up winning the race.
:sign0104: :sign0104: :sign0104: :sign0104: :sign0104:

jerhart
01-17-2009, 07:04 PM
Unbelievable.

No kidding.

D.A.S.
01-17-2009, 07:09 PM

How did you feel during that two week span when we were without a GM and there was NO word coming out of KC of who we were interviewing. Did you think we were being 'lazy'? What happened....? In the end we landed Scott Pioli...the most sought after GM in the league.

Here we are again....the Head Coaching position is in question...and just like the GM situation...Clark AND Pioli are not leaking any information to the media. And if you would be PATIENT....we might come out on top again with this move.

By the way...your analogy is horrible for the sake of your argument. The Tortoise who took his time ended up winning the race.

Who are Clark and Hunt? You Mean Pioli and Hunt?

No, I didn't think they were lazy. I just waited to see since they had plenty of time. Now we they are running out of time. And we landed a cheater.

It's not a matter of patience. When you are on a time clock get off your butt and get to work. There is NO excuse for keeping the worst coach in team history. Just fire him and get on with it.

Those three championships are tainted. If he wins three championships without cheating then you can boast about something.

Finally, the tortoise did not take his time. He just went out got to work and would not drag his heels. The rabbit took a nap because he was an arrogant moron. One worked and the other slept.

D.A.S.
01-17-2009, 07:11 PM

By the way, let me complement you on your name calling. Makes you look real mature. In fact, how old are you? You aren't acting like an adult.

jerhart
01-17-2009, 07:14 PM
By the way, let me complement you on your name calling. Makes you look real mature. In fact, how old are you? You aren't acting like an adult.

Sorry I'm taken...plus you're not my type.

hardcorechiefsfan
01-17-2009, 09:19 PM
I still think that he should hire a HC with an Irish temper.

tornadospotter
01-17-2009, 09:31 PM
I still think that he should hire a HC with an Irish temper.
I think we should Hire D.A.S. , he seems to be purty smart and knows what to do! :D

texaschief
01-17-2009, 09:38 PM
I think we should Hire D.A.S. , he seems to be purty smart and knows what to do! :D

Really? That's your conclusion, huh?

okikcfan
01-17-2009, 10:04 PM
Wow, I think we need to sit back, relax,have a beer and see what happens after the playoffs, or who knows maybe even the super bowl. We have time and I think going into this Pioli had and has a plan and is waiting for things to fall into place. His past has shown us he is very good at what he does so lets just give him some time and let him do his job.....

okikcfan
01-17-2009, 10:15 PM
A note for D.A.S. With 2 of the coaches already gone and the Gun being interviewed I would have to say that there is a pretty good chance that Herm will be gone before too long. I'm sure they all know more than we do..

hometeam
01-17-2009, 10:16 PM
DAS, you have some validity to your argument, However, view your opinion with some objectivity, realize you dont know everything, and most of all, CALM.

Pioli is no fool, and thats why Hunt hired him. Give him more than a few days. I can assure you, someone like Pioli in a position he is is not sitting around twiddling his thumbs. Give the guy the benefit of the doubt, and think that maybe.. just MAYBE he knows whats happening and what his plan is with his new organization~

Bike
01-17-2009, 11:31 PM
If Pioli wanted Spag, he woulda went after him...
Rex Ryan hot on the Jets radar...
I don't think Pioli will interview Shanahan.
I really think Herm stays or he woulda been already gone...

Nel Toille
01-17-2009, 11:33 PM
The guy has been our GM for less than a week and he's already getting labels such as "lazy". If you listened to his press conference he made the point clear that he was going to find the right guy and not the first guy available. If it takes another year to find the right head coach then so be it. I'd rather they get a guy they are confident with than pick the first man available. We should trust Pioli's judgement here because, frankly, we have no other choice.

greg3564
01-17-2009, 11:43 PM

I'm really not sure where you were going with that little gem. But seriously, get on some meds before it's too late. :iamwithstupid:

Bike
01-17-2009, 11:51 PM
I'm really not sure where you were going with that little gem. But seriously, get on some meds before it's too late. :iamwithstupid:
No doubt. I think I know what the D and The A stands for. Help me out on the S...

jerhart
01-17-2009, 11:55 PM
Ya...I think D.A.S. is going to read this thread tomorrow morning and realize he has no clue what he was talking about....I hope.

jap1
01-17-2009, 11:58 PM
For all that we know they have already interviewed with people. After all, few people realize that (according to cbssports.com) Hunt interviewed a few people other than Pioli. He just did it all behind closed doors. Both Hunt and Pioli seem like people who dont want the media to know everything (or anything really) about their goings on.

Big Daddy Tek
01-18-2009, 11:57 AM
Were keeping Herm. Lets put this thread on pause until next year, unless Herm wins 8-9 games and gets a contract extension! Man, you guys will be sad.

jerhart
01-18-2009, 12:17 PM
Were keeping Herm. Lets put this thread on pause until next year, unless Herm wins 8-9 games and gets a contract extension! Man, you guys will be sad.

Sources?

leaves
01-18-2009, 01:07 PM
I think this is just another thread for some Pioli-hating, but I guess opinions are entitled.

slc chief
01-18-2009, 01:37 PM
pioli has not even been hear a week and already some whining about him. give the guy some time

KristofLaw
01-18-2009, 02:51 PM
Let's fire Pioli!!!:lol:

debearzz
01-18-2009, 06:52 PM
We are either keeping Herm or going for a playoffs coach *cough* Rex Ryan *cough*.

jerhart
01-18-2009, 07:10 PM
Todd Haley is my new man! After seeing that Cards offense! wow! Young and firey!

D.A.S.
01-18-2009, 07:14 PM
You guys are upset because your Pioli messiah delusions aren't working out. It's apparent at this point that it was all Billechek and cheating caring Pioli and not that he was worth anything. If he had a shred of competence he would have fired Edwards. But he is just Carl Peterson part 2. I completely understand when you've made a fool of yourself by building an altar to someone who turns out to be a bum that you would be upset. But when your wrong your wrong. He was a cheater. He has NO accomplishments to his name since he got where he is by cheating and now he can't handle the job the Clark "worst owner in sports" Hunt has given him. Face it, the GM is pointless. He just hires a coach and keeps out of the way. One man can be coach and GM so the position serves no point. All he does is hire a coach. Even Peterson could win with a good coach. Pioli doesn't know whether or not to hire the losingist coach in the NFL over the last 2 years so he is stupid. I'm sure your all kiss his butt until he proves he can't do anything without cheating and then throw him under the bus too. So, enjoy your losing. Enjoy your slim knowledge of football. And enjoy your little forum. I can't stick around here and debate with people when it sounds like a monkey jumping on a keyboard could produce better text. You just wait and see what happens. And write this down, "I told you so!"

jerhart
01-18-2009, 07:20 PM
You guys are upset because your Pioli messiah delusions aren't working out. It's apparent at this point that it was all Billechek and cheating caring Pioli and not that he was worth anything. If he had a shred of competence he would have fired Edwards. But he is just Carl Peterson part 2. I completely understand when you've made a fool of yourself by building an altar to someone who turns out to be a bum that you would be upset. But when your wrong your wrong. He was a cheater. He has NO accomplishments to his name since he got where he is by cheating and now he can't handle the job the Clark "worst owner in sports" Hunt has given him. Face it, the GM is pointless. He just hires a coach and keeps out of the way. One man can be coach and GM so the position serves no point. All he does is hire a coach. Even Peterson could win with a good coach. Pioli doesn't know whether or not to hire the losingist coach in the NFL over the last 2 years so he is stupid. I'm sure your all kiss his butt until he proves he can't do anything without cheating and then throw him under the bus too. So, enjoy your losing. Enjoy your slim knowledge of football. And enjoy your little forum. I can't stick around here and debate with people when it sounds like a monkey jumping on a keyboard could produce better text. You just wait and see what happens. And write this down, "I told you so!"

Thank god.

OTR Chiefs fan
01-18-2009, 08:28 PM
Thank god.

Ditto on that! Hey D.A.S., want some cheese with that whine? :lol::D

slc chief
01-18-2009, 09:31 PM

then be gone clown. and you might be the one with little football knowlege if you think all a gm does is hire a coach.ask denver and shannahan if not having a gm works out

Coach
01-18-2009, 10:28 PM

Exactly. At this point, I'm going to assume the Chiefs keep Herm. Look at the bright side, Herm is supposedly a great evaluator of draft talent. If we combine him and Pioli, we should have another extremely strong draft class given our high draft position.

Besides, I'd rather wait one year and get someone like Bill Cowher versus hiring a relative no-name just for the sake of changing coaches.

jerhart
01-18-2009, 10:31 PM
Exactly. At this point, I'm going to assume the Chiefs keep Herm. Look at the bright side, Herm is supposedly a great evaluator of draft talent. If we combine him and Pioli, we should have another extremely strong draft class given our high draft position.

Besides, I'd rather wait one year and get someone like Bill Cowher versus hiring a relative no-name just for the sake of changing coaches.

At this point? He has barely been in office for a week. I think he has picked his man (someone in the playoffs) and we will hear come the next few days. We knew he wasnt going to announce anything over the playoff weekend...give it some time.

texaschief
01-18-2009, 10:38 PM
At this point? He has barely been in office for a week. I think he has picked his man (someone in the playoffs) and we will hear come the next few days. We knew he wasnt going to announce anything over the playoff weekend...give it some time.

Hope is fading quick. The haters are getting desperate.

KristofLaw
01-18-2009, 11:02 PM
Well, two more down. Time reveals all, well maybe not all but you know. Philly's gone, wonder what'll result of that McNabb situation. I noticed a new D. Lebeau thread, how about J.Johnson? Both unlikely, but interesting...

Coach
01-18-2009, 11:08 PM
Well, two more down. Time reveals all, well maybe not all but you know. Philly's gone, wonder what'll result of that McNabb situation. I noticed a new D. Lebeau thread, how about J.Johnson? Both unlikely, but interesting...

McNabb wants out of Philly in a bad way. It will be interesting to see where he lands. Sign Cowher, and McNabb and then draft a QBOTF to be groomed? Who knows?

jerhart
01-18-2009, 11:09 PM
It has been a week...why get desperate? Look there are some good potential candidates out there still. Now that the conference championships are up...we can interview these guys....even tho some of the teams lost. These are just my opinions remember.

Rex Ryan-DC-Ravens...I know Jets are supposedly going to snag him, then again Pioli was suppose to end up in Cleveland.

Russ Grimm-OLC-Cards...an architectural master when it comes to O-lines.

Hue Jackson-QB Coach-Ravens...Responsible for moling Flacco and others.

Todd Haley-OC-Cards...he is my new number one pick...the mind behind that cards Offense who have been pulling upsets the past few weeks.

...and NOW we are allowed to speak with them. Spag, Ferentz, and Schwartz got all the media attention. But there are other good guys out there.

I also think we will have a hard time bringing in a DC, ST coach and DB coach under Herm when his status is up in the air. If we keep him...again...it's one year. Who will want to come in knowing that the house could be cleaned in a year? I also think these coaches making lateral moves to other teams is a good indicator that something is going on we dont know. They are not gettin positional promotions...its more or less job security...again, there is so much uncertainty with Herm and next year. I just think it will be hard to bring in new staff in this situation.

I guess this is why I am trying to remain so optimistic...in reality, it has only been a week for Pioli in office. I just think Pioli's man was in the playoffs and he has been waiting till the AFC and NFC championships are over so he can contact them...

...blah I am rambling...

Everyone just be Patient or I will have to start to call you D.A.S. :lol:

KristofLaw
01-18-2009, 11:21 PM
McNabb wants out of Philly in a bad way. It will be interesting to see where he lands. Sign Cowher, and McNabb and then draft a QBOTF to be groomed? Who knows?
Last year I couldn't wait for NY to get knocked out because I heard rumors regarding Eli Manning coming this way. I know alot of people think he's over-rated... he has a ring. I can't believe people want to run McNabb out of Philly... what did they do before he got there? ...pssst he's a leader.

jerhart
01-18-2009, 11:30 PM
....scratch Rex Ryan...he is supposedly accepting the Jets job and it will be announced tomorrow.

...there are still good coaching candidates out there!

texaschief
01-18-2009, 11:35 PM
The 2010 head coaching class is too stacked to pass on. I doubt Pioli fires Herm knowing his options will drastically improve in one year's time coupled with the fact that his owner would rather keep him. Those reasons alone should insure Herm another year. Add the fact that he's solely responsible for a culture change at Arrowhead that busted them out of the vicious cycle of signing overpriced, average (at best) free agents to help win 8 games a season. While another coach may have won more than 2 games last season, no matter who they were, they wouldn't have won more than 5 games.

jerhart
01-18-2009, 11:39 PM
The 2010 head coaching class is too stacked to pass on. I doubt Pioli fires Herm knowing his options will drastically improve in one year's time coupled with the fact that his owner would rather keep him. Those reasons alone should insure Herm another year. Add the fact that he's solely responsible for a culture change at Arrowhead that busted them out of the vicious cycle of signing overpriced, average (at best) free agents to help win 8 games a season. While another coach may have won more than 2 games last season, no matter who they were, they wouldn't have won more than 5 games.

I understand and agree with the 2010 coaching logic....BUT, if this is the case; how do you bring in a new defensive coordinator, special teams coach, and defensive backs coach (who knows who else will leave) when they know that Herm will probably be gone in a year? I just think by keeping Herm you are going to make it harder to fill the other coaching vacancies with top coordinator prospects. Does this makes sense? "Hey, come work under Herm...he will only be here for a year." just doesnt sound right? ...I dont know if I would want to jeapordize my career by working under Herm knowing he has bombed two straight seasons. None of our coordinators who have left for other teams have gotten a promotion.

jerhart
01-18-2009, 11:43 PM
NFL.com Blogs » Blog Archive Chiefs could consider Cardinals’ Haley « (http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/01/18/chiefs-could-consider-cardinals-haley/)

My new #1 prospect...even tho Cards made it to the SB, the Chiefs are allowed to talk to him...they just can't hire him until after the SB.

KristofLaw
01-18-2009, 11:45 PM
We only won two games, thus we get the #3 pick. However, we could have won double, triple or even quadruple that amount. Our youthful players are learning about close games, even if they lost them. Plus, Arizona's brand new stadium got them to the bowl, hopefully the same will happen in KC.

greg3564
01-19-2009, 12:45 AM

I think if the Chiefs were keeping Herm, they would have already come out and said so. Makes no sense for Pioli and Hunt to say they're evaluating Herm. Makes no sense to up and fire him right off the bat either. I think Pioli has someone in mind and they're taking their time to get their ducks in a row before they let Herm go. I also think that keeping Herm another season demoralizes the fan base, something Hunt wants to avoid as it affects ticket and merchandise sales. There are very few fans left who think Herm can coach in the pros.

jerhart
01-19-2009, 01:02 AM
I think if the Chiefs were keeping Herm, they would have already come out and said so. Makes no sense for Pioli and Hunt to say they're evaluating Herm. Makes no sense to up and fire him right off the bat either. I think Pioli has someone in mind and they're taking their time to get their ducks in a row before they let Herm go. I also think that keeping Herm another season demoralizes the fan base, something Hunt wants to avoid as it affects ticket and merchandise sales. There are very few fans left who think Herm can coach in the pros.

Agree...no rush. Pioli has his man in mind and we will be the last to know. It will get done. :bananen_smilies046:

Vandelay
01-19-2009, 01:03 AM
I still haven't given up on Cowher. CBS is done for the season, maybe we'll all get a big suprise in the next few days.

Coach
01-19-2009, 10:48 AM
I still haven't given up on Cowher. CBS is done for the season, maybe we'll all get a big suprise in the next few days.
Me too. Imagine the feeding frenzy and media circus around Cowher if he would have said that he is coming back to coaching before he had signed a deal. It would be nuts. Combine that with the fact that all of the coaches on our staff are leaving to take lateral positions with other organizations. Sign McNabb, Cowher has his Pro-bowl QB and this team is on their way.

Canada
01-19-2009, 11:08 AM
I hope you guys are right!!

Pro_Angler
01-19-2009, 11:11 AM
How many years does MCnabb have left? I would feel better with someone like Cassell. Those of you saying give Pioli a chance are right on. You don't come in here and start firing people the first week unless you have someone signed. If cowher does come back he wouldnt have made a diescision while he was still working.

KristofLaw
01-19-2009, 01:27 PM
How many years does MCnabb have left? I would feel better with someone like Cassell. Those of you saying give Pioli a chance are right on. You don't come in here and start firing people the first week unless you have someone signed. If cowher does come back he wouldnt have made a diescision while he was still working.
He's 32, so he'll probably live another 40 at least. Cassell's gonna be franchised.

Pro_Angler
01-19-2009, 01:43 PM
He's 32, so he'll probably live another 40 at least. Cassell's gonna be franchised.
dont you think that they will frnchise Cassel only to be able to retain him to get something for him? If they don't franchise him he can go any wheres and they get nothing for him. It would only be smart to franchise him, then play the market and get something for him.

tornadospotter
01-19-2009, 04:23 PM
Good Bye.

KristofLaw
01-19-2009, 05:05 PM
dont you think that they will frnchise Cassel only to be able to retain him to get something for him? If they don't franchise him he can go any wheres and they get nothing for him. It would only be smart to franchise him, then play the market and get something for him.
I agree that this is a possibility and it makes both good business sense as well as football sense. I think the Pats'll be overcome with the football logic, Brady's down and possibly out for '09, the rationale is a second year with the system could be a world better than last year. Watch to see who they sign, draft or trade for however I would guess they'll hold onto their assets, and yes Cassel is an asset to their franchise. You might make a point that Brady/Cassel are the poor man's version of Montana/Young, within their franchise.

Pro_Angler
01-19-2009, 05:51 PM
They might keep Cassel if Brady cannot go this next season, but if he can, I think Cassell will be traded if not this year for sure next. They can't aford to keep both.

greg3564
01-19-2009, 06:29 PM
McNabb? Yeah, that's just what we need...another immobile QB in the waning days of his career. No thanks! I'd much rather stick with Thigpen than bring in a washed up QB.

KristofLaw
01-19-2009, 08:25 PM
McNabb? Yeah, that's just what we need...another immobile QB in the waning days of his career. No thanks! I'd much rather stick with Thigpen than bring in a washed up QB.
I don't get where the idea of McNabb being immobile comes from? And what's wrong with a little wisdom and knowledge? He's ancient at 32... come on, it can't hurt to think about the idea. And the washed up idea is exactly what I hope Philly fans get brain-washed into believing. I'm tired of that noise about how venomous they are... good be venomous at 3-13 again you ungrateful whiny %#$#%#$.

jap1
01-19-2009, 08:53 PM
Holding on to Cassel until they know how healthy Brady is a great idea, and sounds just like something Belichick would do. I dont think they will know for sure whether he will make the season opener until July at the earliest. Unless Brady powers through the rehab (which is pretty near impossible when you are talking ACL rehab).

At that time of year, I think it will be real hard to trade him to another team unless someone is desperate (due to some other injury). Offseason training would be over and the pre-season will have started or be about to start. Any team he is sent to will need him to learn a new playbook on the fly. Sounds like a recipe for failure to me.

Pro_Angler
01-19-2009, 08:58 PM
Jap1 you make some valid points. I still don't think Mcnabb is even an option. i would rather have thigpen who knows the system and has shown gtreat promise.

greg3564
01-19-2009, 09:47 PM
I don't get where the idea of McNabb being immobile comes from? And what's wrong with a little wisdom and knowledge? He's ancient at 32... come on, it can't hurt to think about the idea. And the washed up idea is exactly what I hope Philly fans get brain-washed into believing. I'm tired of that noise about how venomous they are... good be venomous at 3-13 again you ungrateful whiny %#$#%#$.

Yeah, ancient at 32. How many years do you really think he has left? I could see bringing in a guy like that if it were the only piece missing from the puzzle and he gets you to playoffs. But, he does not provide any real tangibles and would cost the team too much money and probably a draft pick. The bottom line is not even McNabb would win us any more of a significant amount of games. He has good stats, but also plays with some talent(something we're sorely lacking).