PDA

View Full Version : $$$ Cash Makes the World Go Round $$$

KristofLaw
01-18-2009, 02:33 PM
With the rest of America losing jobs and worrying about their 201s, what effect will the economy have on the NFL free-market? The MLB has already been effected with big-players Boston, Texas, LA tightening the purse-strings. Only mad-man NY has been willing to dole out the ridiculous contracts they enforced on the league. So where does this leave the NFL, and our Chiefs franchise?

KCCAT21
01-18-2009, 06:36 PM
Until we have a uncapped year I don't think the economy or anything else is going to affect the Chiefs. Yes we are small market, but we are still like 40 million below the cap. We should be good for 09'.

dkennedy2323
01-18-2009, 07:32 PM
I saw on ESPN that next year might be the last uncapped year for salaries. Everyone was freaking out, and comparing it to baseball and how gaps in markets ruin the competetive nature of the sport. The fact is, it's not as much about having a cap, but sharing the revenue. As long as we have revenue sharing in football, and everyone gets an even cut... any team can be competetive as long as they make good decisions.

okikcfan
01-18-2009, 09:01 PM
with the cost of the refubs and new stadiums the cost of tickets are going up big time in some area's so it will have an effect on income for the owners which will start trinkling down to the coaches and players in time. Who knows what will happen in the next few years....

hometeam
01-18-2009, 11:52 PM
remember NFL profit sharing, I think KC will be just fine.