PDA

View Full Version : Ron Prince to be a Chief's coach?

wildcat
01-20-2009, 03:32 PM
I don't see how this could have any truth to it. Ron Prince would not be a popular pick as any kind of coach for the Chiefs. K-State put up some points at times this past season, but they had a weak run game and no defense. In fact, they got dominated at the line on both sides of the ball. OK, I guess maybe we would take him as a special teams coach, but nothing more.

Rivals.com College Football - Whispers: Will Bellotti coach? Look to Spring (http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=902244)

KCCAT21
01-20-2009, 05:44 PM
I hope we don't take him as anything. He is a good talker, but that is all I can say for the guy. I wish him well, just with nothing to do with my teams.

Chief Tyler
01-20-2009, 05:48 PM
I don't wish him well, he belittled the coaching staff here and destroyed a program that was handed to him in a basket. Juco transfers aren't the foundation for a winning program!

Satch
01-20-2009, 06:23 PM
I hope we don't take him as anything. He is a good talker, but that is all I can say for the guy. I wish him well, just with nothing to do with my teams.

Wait a minute. It sounds like you are describing Herm.

texaschief
01-20-2009, 06:29 PM
Isn't Prince black? Sounds like the token interview to me. There's no way Pioli could justify this signing.

Chief Tyler
01-21-2009, 01:45 AM
Isn't Prince black? Sounds like the token interview to me. There's no way Pioli could justify this signing.

Na, he's pure honkey.

texaschief
01-21-2009, 02:08 AM
joke, right?

okikcfan
01-21-2009, 03:17 AM
Let's face it, we don't have freaking clue who the next head coach is gonna be nor does anyone else. It's a guessing game for all. We all have guessed and they all have moved elseware, heck, Herm doesn't even know if he's staying or going. Myself I pray he's going because I can't think of one good reason to keep him.

Chief Tyler
01-21-2009, 07:49 AM
joke, right?

nope, he's a white guy.

Edit*, wikipedia says differently, but he looks as white as any when you see him in person and in picture. Odd, not that any of it really matters.

wildcat
01-21-2009, 09:32 AM
He is a black coach. They made a big deal about his firing after such a short time. The media pointed out what a small number of black coaches there are in the NCAA and how he should have been given more time. Charles Barkley even spoke out about it.

In my opinion it is ridiculous for anybody to be hired or fired or even interviewed because of the color of their skin. If we are all truely equal then we wouldn't even be talking about this. When is the last time you heard somebody complain that red heads don't get a fair amount of coaching jobs compared to people with brown hair? The color of a person's skin should be as irrelevant as the color of their hair.

Chief Tyler
01-21-2009, 11:29 AM
He is a black coach. They made a big deal about his firing after such a short time. The media pointed out what a small number of black coaches there are in the NCAA and how he should have been given more time. Charles Barkley even spoke out about it.

In my opinion it is ridiculous for anybody to be hired or fired or even interviewed because of the color of their skin. If we are all truely equal then we wouldn't even be talking about this. When is the last time you heard somebody complain that red heads don't get a fair amount of coaching jobs compared to people with brown hair? The color of a person's skin should be as irrelevant as the color of their hair.

Yep, huge fan and student here, but I don't pay attention to the media. To me he just looked really tan, and I agree, skin color shouldn't matter and in Prince's case it didn't, he destroyed the KSU program. Some of my favorite coaches right now are black -- Mike Tomlin--

Btw, what did Barkley say about Prince's firing? I know he's said some pretty radical stuff about other topics.

okikcfan
01-21-2009, 12:01 PM

Well said, Thank You....

wildcat
01-21-2009, 05:14 PM
Btw, what did Barkley say about Prince's firing? I know he's said some pretty radical stuff about other topics.

He was mostly upset that Auburn didn't hire a black coach. He went on to talk about the lack of quality opportunities for black coaches at major colleges. He used Kansas State as an example of a place where you can't win consistently, thus saying Prince never had a chance to succeed (or at least that's how I read it).

Charles Barkley outraged by Auburn Tigers' hiring of Gene Chizik - ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3770769)

KCCAT21
01-21-2009, 05:41 PM
Wait a minute. It sounds like you are describing Herm.

:lol: Never thought of it like that!!

Chief Tyler
01-21-2009, 08:04 PM
He was mostly upset that Auburn didn't hire a black coach. He went on to talk about the lack of quality opportunities for black coaches at major colleges. He used Kansas State as an example of a place where you can't win consistently, thus saying Prince never had a chance to succeed (or at least that's how I read it).

Charles Barkley outraged by Auburn Tigers' hiring of Gene Chizik - ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3770769)

Haha, not that I buy into a word of what Barkley says if it is something other than basketball, but KSU was the winningest program in college football for a period of 10 or 12 years, starting in the early 90's. They had down seasons throughout Snyder's career, but to use them as an example of an inconsistent program and the reason for Prince's failure is complete trash.

hometeam
01-21-2009, 08:44 PM
thats turrrrible