PDA

View Full Version : AFC West division champs?

m0ef0e
07-21-2007, 07:37 PM
Some may say I am delusional but I think that even with the pre-season cramps the Chiefs are having, they have a decent shot at taking the division this year.

While the Chargers still have a wealth of talent on their roster, they have hired Norv Turner to replace Marty -- a coach that has a career win/loss record of 58 - 82 with only 2 playoff games in nine seasons. Turner announced after he was hired that he will be calling the plays on offense. Turner is known to be an offensive-minded coach and with the loss of Donnie Edwards, Shawne Merriman better stay away from the HGH and steroids because another 4 game suspension will be far more costly for the Chargers than it was last season. (I hate that guy. Sorry for slinging some mud here.) I don't know much at all about Charger's defensive coordinator Ted Cottrell so their defense may be on par with last year's even with the loss of Edwards. Only time will tell.

The Broncos are going to be the biggest obstacle in our division this year. They have made some decent moves on the defensive side of the ball and it seems Shanahan will continue to be a thorn in our side for a number of years to come with his 2011 contract extension. Of course, the Denver Donkeys are going to give us fits as always but I must say that Jay Cutler, while okay, is less than impressive in my opinion and their number one receiver in franchise history, Rod Smith, went under the knife this offseason for hip surgery. As far as I know, there are no complications with Smith's recovery but as all us Chiefs fans know, hip problems can be a pretty big question mark.

The Raiders will be crappy. Period. No offseason moves they have made just jump out and say "this is going to help us win more games this year". They need to go scrimage with some college teams to get some practice actually playing instead of just getting beat up.

Chiefster
07-21-2007, 07:44 PM
Some may say I am delusional but I think that even with the pre-season cramps the Chiefs are having, they have a decent shot at taking the division this year.

While the Chargers still have a wealth of talent on their roster, they have hired Norv Turner to replace Marty -- a coach that has a career win/loss record of 58 - 82 with only 2 playoff games in nine seasons. Turner announced after he was hired that he will be calling the plays on offense. Turner is known to be an offensive-minded coach and with the loss of Donnie Edwards, Shawne Merriman better stay away from the HGH and steroids because another 4 game suspension will be far more costly for the Chargers than it was last season. (I hate that guy. Sorry for slinging some mud here.) I don't know much at all about Charger's defensive coordinator Ted Cottrell so their defense may be on par with last year's even with the loss of Edwards. Only time will tell.

The Broncos are going to be the biggest obstacle in our division this year. They have made some decent moves on the defensive side of the ball and it seems Shanahan will continue to be a thorn in our side for a number of years to come with his 2011 contract extension. Of course, the Denver Donkeys are going to give us fits as always but I must say that Jay Cutler, while okay, is less than impressive in my opinion and their number one receiver in franchise history, Rod Smith, went under the knife this offseason for hip surgery. As far as I know, there are no complications with Smith's recovery but as all us Chiefs fans know, hip problems can be a pretty big question mark.

The Raiders will be crappy. Period. No offseason moves they have made just jump out and say "this is going to help us win more games this year". They need to go scrimage with some college teams to get some practice actually playing instead of just getting beat up.

I like the optimism, but I honestly think we will be hard pressed to get passed the Donks and Sandy Eggo this year, but anything is possible; we'll have to just wait and see.

Hey, respectfully sling all the mud at our AFC West foes ya want! LOL!!

m0ef0e
07-21-2007, 07:49 PM
Yea, I'm probably crazy.

Chiefster
07-21-2007, 07:51 PM
Yea, I'm probably crazy.

Hey, your opinion is as valid as any at this point.

DrunkHillbilly
07-21-2007, 08:03 PM

Put this up on VBookie!!! Let em put there money on it!!! I will be betting 100% of mine against it. I hate to be pesamistic but the realist in me always prevails.

m0ef0e
07-21-2007, 08:23 PM
I just think that if the right (or wrong) things happen to the right teams, we could have a decent shot. A head coach replacement always kind of puts a team on the bubble, it seems, and I certainly believe that Turner is a significant step down from Schottenheimer. My biggest worry is those guys with the long face. Stupid Donkeys... Is it possible to hate them more than the Raiders? I'm sure the good rule book says to hate equally though so.....

BTW -

I just saw Shawne Merriman, Ladanian Tomlinson, Antonio Gates, Mike

Shanahan, the Broncos starting D, and Carl Peterson all poppin roids while driving drunk on their way to an illegal dogfighting event.....:pepper:

Chiefster
07-21-2007, 08:26 PM
I just think that if the right (or wrong) things happen to the right teams, we could have a decent shot. A head coach replacement always kind of puts a team on the bubble, it seems, and I certainly believe that Turner is a significant step down from Schottenheimer. My biggest worry is those guys with the long face. Stupid Donkeys... Is it possible to hate them more than the Raiders? I'm sure the good rule book says to hate equally though so.....

BTW -

I just saw Shawne Merriman, Ladanian Tomlinson, Antonio Gates, Mike

Shanahan, the Broncos starting D, and Carl Peterson all poppin roids while driving drunk on their way to an illegal dogfighting event.....:pepper:

The Chiefs wouldn't be so lucky as to have Carl actually engage in activity that would cost him his job. LOL!

m0ef0e
07-21-2007, 08:32 PM
The Chiefs wouldn't be so lucky as to have Carl actually engage in activity that would cost him his job. LOL!

Delusions... Delusions...

Chiefster
07-21-2007, 08:52 PM
Delusions... Delusions...

Sad ain't it.

chief31
07-22-2007, 02:09 AM
Nice optimism.

But, I don't see things the same. The Chargers are too talented to fall as far as we would need them to. The Broncos will be good, unless Cutler is terrible. In which case, they should be able to minnimize his mistakes, making them better than us. Even the raiders aren't as bad as you think. Their defense was fourth, in the NFL, in yardage allowed, number one in passing yards allowed. That is considering that they played in the AFC West, with the Donks, Chargers and us. If they can find a little bit of an offense, then they could become a decent team.

Sorry for the negativity. I feel like I am expected to rain on everybodys parade, around here.

Chiefster
07-22-2007, 04:54 AM
Nice optimism.

But, I don't see things the same. The Chargers are too talented to fall as far as we would need them to. The Broncos will be good, unless Cutler is terrible. In which case, they should be able to minnimize his mistakes, making them better than us. Even the raiders aren't as bad as you think. Their defense was fourth, in the NFL, in yardage allowed, number one in passing yards allowed. That is considering that they played in the AFC West, with the Donks, Chargers and us. If they can find a little bit of an offense, then they could become a decent team.

Sorry for the negativity. I feel like I am expected to rain on everybodys parade, around here.

You and I tend to where the non-homer hats; not that everyone else does mind you. That's ok though, our man Canada will be by anytime now to provide balance. :D

Canada
07-22-2007, 05:57 PM
Nice optimism.

Chargers...they can fall enough that coupled with our improvements make it an interesting race. Philip Rivers is gonna stink this year. Watch and see. Turner will have them running around like idiots. :francis:

Cutler is terrible.:deep11:

The Raiders are as bad as I think (and that is bad) I have already had one person tell me that they think we are going to be fighting with the Raiders and now you think the could be a decent team. News Flash...they suck and will suck next year.

They will find NO offence this year.:sign0105:

And we don't "expect" you to rain on the parade, but I always bring my umbrella Just in Case!! :Spell 1: Did you guys know that there are no smilies with umbreallas? hmmmm...Micheal Vick gets an umbrella. this is so unfair.

Chiefster
07-22-2007, 06:53 PM
Chargers...they can fall enough that coupled with our improvements make it an interesting race. Philip Rivers is gonna stink this year. Watch and see. Turner will have them running around like idiots. :francis:

The Raiders are as bad as I think (and that is bad) I have already had one person tell me that they think we are going to be fighting with the Raiders and now you think the could be a decent team. News Flash...they suck and will suck next year.

And we don't "expect" you to rain on the parade, but I always bring my umbrella Just in Case!! :Spell 1: Did you guys know that there are no smilies with umbreallas? hmmmm...Micheal Vick gets an umbrella. this is so unfair.

As well he should; after all he's Michael VicK. LOL!!!

m0ef0e
07-23-2007, 11:26 AM
Nice optimism.

That's all valid. I think Cutler will be terrible, personally. Also the Chargers would have to fall a long way but we always seem to play them and the Broncos well. Of course the division games will be close. Other than the Raiders' stint from 2000 to '03, one has to go back to 1986 - '87 to find a repeat AFC West division champ. It's always up for grabs in the biggest dogfight in the NFL. (No, Vick, you can't get in the purse. Not that kind of fight.)

chief31
07-23-2007, 11:30 AM
That's all valid. I think Cutler will be terrible, personally. Also the Chargers would have to fall a long way but we always seem to play them and the Broncos well. Of course the division games will be close. Other than the Raiders' stint from 2000 to '03, one has to go back to 1986 - '87 to find a repeat AFC West division champ. It's always up for grabs in the biggest dogfight in the NFL. (No, Vick, you can't get in the purse. Not that kind of fight.)

^^ROTFLMFAO!!!!
Very nice.

m0ef0e
07-23-2007, 11:32 AM

I agree on pretty much all this. Phillip Rivers may do ok, but I'm not looking for him to break any records. I think Jay Cutler sucks myself and last year, when the Broncos pulled Plummer, I honestly thought it was going to hurt them. I still think it did and will for some time to come. While the Raiders D is good, it's not good enough to overcome their shortcomings on the other side of the ball. They have made really no moves on offense this year to accquire a real "game-breaker" sort of guy that I have seen. I think those fans and that D are going to be disappointed by extremely lackluster offensive production again this season.

Chiefster
07-23-2007, 08:18 PM
As much as it pains me to say it, and trust me I hope I'm wrong; I see our division stacking up like this:

Sandy eggo
Donks
Chiefs
Faders

Which ironically is in line with Pro Football Weekly who sees it as follows:

Sandy Eggo: 11-5
Donks: 10-6
Chiefs: 9-7 (Again, but this time with us missing the play-offs)
Faders: 4-12

Canada
07-23-2007, 08:30 PM
This is how I see it

Chiefs

...Who cares about the rest

and that does not pain me at all to say it

DrunkHillbilly
07-23-2007, 08:48 PM
This is how I see it

Chiefs

I love those ROSEY glasses you wear!!!!!!:bananen_smilies058:

Chiefster
07-23-2007, 08:50 PM
This is how I see it

Chiefs

There's that balance I've been speaking of.

I love those ROSEY glasses you wear!!!!!!:bananen_smilies058:

It keeps him pleasant eh. :D

wolfpack
07-23-2007, 10:08 PM
Bolts,donks,us and the faiders.but i would have never dreamed the niners beating the donks at their on place. i guess i could go chiefs,bolts faiders and then the donks. hey, if i can dream Selma Hiyak (?) is in bed with me i can dream just about anything.

Chiefster
07-23-2007, 10:14 PM
Bolts,donks,us and the faiders.but i would have never dreamed the niners beating the donks at their on place. i guess i could go chiefs,bolts faiders and then the donks. hey, if i can dream Selma Hiyak (?) is in bed with me i can dream just about anything.

Dream for you; nightmare for her. :)
j/k

Guru
07-23-2007, 11:43 PM
Yea, I'm probably crazy.

Didn't you hear? That is a prerequisite of being a Chiefs fan.

Chiefster
07-23-2007, 11:54 PM
Didn't you hear? That is a prerequisite of being a Chiefs fan.

Up until now the jury was still out on m0ef0e. :D

stlchief
07-24-2007, 12:07 AM
I think the Chiefs are a lock. Doesn't matter who is the QB. The D is better and the receivers are improved. Tynes is gone (woo-hoo) and that should get us a game by itself.

The Chargers didn't get better, maybe a little worse. Remember who joined our D? Turner is a consistent loser.

Donkeys have Cutler who has a losing record and, surprise surprise, makes bad decisions. Isn't that what Plummer USED to do? Then the guy plays better ball and they bench him to end his career (good riddance though - no sympathy for anyone who plays in Denver).

The Raiders -- c'mon. They are a long way from a QB away from .500. If they were, Aaron Brooks would have looked decent. But as I recall, I ALMOST felt sorry for him.

And - most importantly, Chiefs still get 8 games @ home.

(Unless we trade LJ -- which I support -- then please file this post for the 2008 pre-season.)

Chiefster
07-24-2007, 12:25 AM
I think the Chiefs are a lock. Doesn't matter who is the QB. The D is better and the receivers are improved. Tynes is gone (woo-hoo) and that should get us a game by itself.

The Chargers didn't get better, maybe a little worse. Remember who joined our D? Turner is a consistent loser.

Donkeys have Cutler who has a losing record and, surprise surprise, makes bad decisions. Isn't that what Plummer USED to do? Then the guy plays better ball and they bench him to end his career (good riddance though - no sympathy for anyone who plays in Denver).

The Raiders -- c'mon. They are a long way from a QB away from .500. If they were, Aaron Brooks would have looked decent. But as I recall, I ALMOST felt sorry for him.

(Unless we trade LJ -- which I support -- then please file this post for the 2008 pre-season.)

This means that should they be fortunate enough to win all eight of those home games then they would need at least two or three wins on the road to guarantee a play-off spot.

DrunkHillbilly
07-24-2007, 01:10 AM

WOW!!!! A lock?????????????????????:owws:

Hey Canada, as much as I don't like to admit it, I think we have someone who has been drinkin more than us!!!! Alright, maybe as much!

Chiefster
07-24-2007, 01:13 AM

Hey Canada, as much as I don't like to admit it, I think we have someone who has been drinkin more than us!!!! Alright, maybe as much!

"It isn't so much the speed; I just wish I hadn't drunk all that cough syrup."

DrunkHillbilly
07-24-2007, 01:15 AM
"It isn't so much the speed; I just wish I hadn't drunk all that cough syrup."

WoooooooooHoooooooooooo these pain killers are GRRRRRRRRREAT!

Guru
07-24-2007, 01:16 AM

Yeah, but we need more positive posters for the Chiefs chances this year to provide some balance.

Chiefster
07-24-2007, 01:20 AM
Yeah, but we need more positive posters for the Chiefs chances this year to provide some balance.

...Yup, and that responsibility falls to stlchief71 and Canada; the resident optimists.

DrunkHillbilly
07-24-2007, 01:23 AM
...Yup, and that responsibility falls to stlchief71 and Canada; the resident optimists.

I'm not sure our pesimism is actually affecting things on the field.

Damn I need some of those glasses!!! With this buzz, things probably look reeeeeeal good!!:bananen_smilies058:

Chiefster
07-24-2007, 01:25 AM
I'm not sure our pesimism is actually affecting things on the field.

Damn I need some of those glasses!!! With this buzz, things probably look reeeeeeal good!!:bananen_smilies058:

I don't think that Guru was referring to "affecting things on the field."

DrunkHillbilly
07-24-2007, 01:28 AM
I don't think that Guru was referring to "affecting things on the field."

I know, I was just playin.

Chiefster
07-24-2007, 01:40 AM
I know, I was just playin.

OIC

Once again folks; smilies help convey sentiment. :)

DrunkHillbilly
07-24-2007, 01:41 AM
OIC

Once again folks; smilies help convey sentiment. :)

I'm just going to preface every post with "NOT ARGUING"!

Until I'm arguing of course!!!

Guru
07-24-2007, 01:42 AM
I'm just going to preface every post with "NOT ARGUING"!

Until I'm arguing of course!!!

Oh good God. Drive it home. Next time I won't bother.

DrunkHillbilly
07-24-2007, 01:47 AM
Oh good God. Drive it home. Next time I won't bother.

Come on GURU, I'm just playin!!!!

Wax on Wax off Daniel son!! HE HE!!

Guru
07-24-2007, 01:52 AM
Come on GURU, I'm just playin!!!!

Wax on Wax off Daniel son!! HE HE!!

I don't mind smack talking fans of opposing teams but I hate doing it with fellow Chiefs fans.

I have to agree with Chiefster, if you are joking, at least post a smiley or something.

Outside that.....:character0066:

DrunkHillbilly
07-24-2007, 01:56 AM
I don't mind smack talking fans of opposing teams but I hate doing it with fellow Chiefs fans.

I have to agree with Chiefster, if you are joking, at least post a smiley or something.

Geez!@!! ok! Just because we disagree on something doesn't mean I am talkin smack! I just have a different opinion.:invasion: OK???

Chiefster
07-24-2007, 01:57 AM

Yup!

Can't we all just get along? :D

Guru
07-24-2007, 02:24 AM
Geez!@!! ok! Just because we disagree on something doesn't mean I am talkin smack! I just have a different opinion.:invasion: OK???

eh. I suppose that will do.
:victory:

Chiefster
07-24-2007, 02:26 AM
eh. I suppose that will do.
:victory:

Well this is the:invasion:

timbok
07-24-2007, 02:56 PM
only one thing I can say...
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
that is all

Canada
07-24-2007, 03:15 PM

I can go with as much, but I will not be surpassed!! :sign0156:

jpkpohl
07-24-2007, 03:33 PM
I hope you are correct...no, I pray you are correct. The good news is that the Chiefs are always going to win the division this time of year. Let's wait and see what team we put out on the field.

Chiefster
07-24-2007, 05:13 PM
I hope you are correct...no, I pray you are correct. The good news is that the Chiefs are always going to win the division this time of year. Let's wait and see what team we put out on the field.

:sign0156:

Welcome aboard jpkpohl!

Coach
07-24-2007, 09:17 PM
I think if Huard is QB and the Chiefs resign LJ that they have a realistic shot of finishing in the Top 2 in the division. Cutler is just as big a question mark as Croyle or Huard. I think Phillip Rivers is decent but could struggle with Norv changing the playbook.

Chiefster
07-25-2007, 12:32 AM
only one thing I can say...
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
that is all

Are you typing??? :D

I think if Huard is QB and the Chiefs resign LJ that they have a realistic shot of finishing in the Top 2 in the division. Cutler is just as big a question mark as Croyle or Huard. I think Phillip Rivers is decent but could struggle with Norv changing the playbook.

I don't know who all may have gotten the boot in Sandy Eggo when Marty got canned; is the same OC still there?

DrunkHillbilly
07-25-2007, 12:52 AM
Are you typing??? :D

I don't know who all may have gotten the boot in Sandy Eggo when Marty got canned; is the same OC still there?

Was that Cam Cameron? If so, he is now the head coach of the Dolphins.

Chiefster
07-25-2007, 05:23 AM

Heck I don't know. Where's a Sandy eggo fan when ya need one? :D

chief31
07-25-2007, 06:30 AM
If I am correct, then Cam was the OC and they also lost their DC.

m0ef0e
07-25-2007, 11:34 AM

I'm not sure but I think I read something about Turner bringing and a new OC. I know the DC is new, though.

P.S. - Keep the optimism flowin, I love it! Tell the doomsayers how it is! :character00218:

Canada
07-25-2007, 02:14 PM
Yes...Cameron was the OC in SD

Chiefster
07-25-2007, 06:49 PM
Yes...Cameron was the OC in SD

Thank you for clearing that up my Canadian friend. :D

Boltblazer
07-29-2007, 06:17 PM
:lamende:
http://http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/archive/index.php/t-104208

luv
07-29-2007, 06:19 PM
:lamende:
http://http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/archive/index.php/t-104208
Link took me nowhere. Do you post there?

stlchief
07-29-2007, 07:24 PM
Link took me nowhere. Do you post there?

Wouldn't a dead link just posted be labeled as: :sign0137: