PDA

View Full Version : Could we use New Uniforms

Lazeye
01-21-2009, 09:48 PM
I know its off the wall, I needed something less stressful to talk about when it comes to the team I and we all LOVE and many worship. I would like to see new uni's something cutting edge, I mean its a new era and good times are ahead.:sign0163:

Vandelay
01-21-2009, 09:54 PM
No way. We have the best uni's in the league. Why screw that up?

tornadospotter
01-21-2009, 09:58 PM
:11: NO!!!!!!! ESPECIALLY THE HELMET!!!!!!!!!
Destroy all that is the Kansas City Chiefs!!!!!!! Is this what you all want to do to get a SB Team? I STAND UP AND SAY HELL NO!!!!!!!

Are we the Donks? or the Doltz??????????
WE ARE THE CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:11: :wheelchair:

jap1
01-21-2009, 10:04 PM
I say new uni's for the cheerleaders. That pic you have of the cheerleaders, Lazeye, shows that they are obviously wearing WAAAAAAAYYYY too much clothing. This is the 90s err umm i mean the 2000's. They should get with modern times!!!

tornadospotter
01-21-2009, 10:09 PM
:11: NO!!!!!!! ESPECIALLY THE HELMET!!!!!!!!!
Destroy all that is the Kansas City Chiefs!!!!!!! Is this what you all want to do to get a SB Team? I STAND UP AND SAY HELL NO!!!!!!!

Are we the Donks? or the Doltz??????????
WE ARE THE CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:11: :wheelchair:
TO MAKE THIS TOTALLY CLEAR TO ALL THAT READ THIS FORUM, THE DAY THAT THE CHIEF NATION CHANGES THE HELMETS! I WILL BE STORMING MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Canada
01-21-2009, 10:10 PM
What about when we went from the Texans to the Chiefs??

tornadospotter
01-21-2009, 10:13 PM
What about when we went from the Texans to the Chiefs??
THAT WAS WAY BEFORE YOU OR I WERE FANS OF EVEN FOOTBALL!

Lazeye
01-21-2009, 10:34 PM
LOL, calm down I would never want to change our helmet nor did I say that but wanted to see if anybody had any ideas about it.

KottkeKU
01-21-2009, 10:48 PM
No way. We have the best uni's in the league. Why screw that up?

i like the redskins' jersies the best personallly....i love the maroon and yellow

as far as Chiefs uni's....although i am WAY in the minority on this one....id atleast like to see them wear different uni's a few times a year like the bills did a few years ago...

but i would like to see more yello, with touches of black....so basically just adding yellow and a tiny bit of black like a stripe down the pant or something..

DONT CHANGE HELMETS! OR LOGOS!!

Sn@keIze
01-21-2009, 10:52 PM
I say keep everything the same.

cept I wouldnt mind seeing just a lil bit deeper of a red, kinda of like the OU sooners.

Just a lil touch.

And now that I think bout it, change our yellow to more gold. I know they say its gold, but sorry, its yellow.

Just a lil color tweeks is all id want if we "did" modify.

Lazeye
01-21-2009, 10:55 PM
Can we change the white for black?

Sn@keIze
01-21-2009, 10:58 PM
Hell NO!!! too much like the Oakland Gayders.

Vandelay
01-21-2009, 11:00 PM
Leave them as they are. If it aint broke, don't fix it.

Lazeye
01-21-2009, 11:04 PM
true, true

leaves
01-21-2009, 11:12 PM
I'll agree somewhat with those thinking about it. I'd go for maybe some added stripes like teams are doing. Def. leave the helmets the same but the solid red on solid white or just solid white could use some flash. It even be nice just to see the "alternative" uniforms be used on occassion.

hometeam
01-21-2009, 11:20 PM
I wouldnt mind seeing some modernizing.. im not talking about the logo but the setup of the uniform~

tornadospotter
01-21-2009, 11:44 PM
:sign0153: HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU HAVE BETTER BE JOKING, OR?

Hell NO!!! too much like the Oakland Gayders.
:sign0098:

Leave them as they are. If it aint broke, don't fix it.
:11: I love the Chiefs uniforms as they are! Do not mess with the ARROWHEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:11:

balto
01-22-2009, 12:08 AM
I say keep them the way they are BUT I think it would be GREAT to see a red top red bottom combo once or twice a year.

ATM we have
Red top White Bottom
White top Red Bottom
White top White Bottom

I really really think a Red top and Red bottom would be the change a lot of people are looking for without changing the actually look or design or the Uni's them selfs.

texaschief
01-22-2009, 12:44 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing them incorporate a light smoke or brown pewter to represent pipe smoke or buckskin in the uniforms while using the red, yellow and white like war paint on the unis in a well designed pattern.

While I'm all for tradition, the franchise is obviously going through a HUGE transition when you look at the stadium, ownership and management and there is something to be said about each era having its own look or identity. This basid uniform has gone the better part of fifty years without a Super Bowl appearance. Why not change it? It's not like this uniform is a reminder of great things from the past.

Codac
01-22-2009, 12:44 AM
I agree. The Red-Red more would be fun. But other that these jerseys are awesome. The history and tradition. Man how can you think of that!!! lol

hometeam
01-22-2009, 01:00 AM
We are the only team that wears throwbacks every game haha!

Vandelay
01-22-2009, 01:12 AM
We are the only team that wears throwbacks every game haha!
And thats what is unique about them. Lots of things need fixing on this team. the uniforms are not one of those things.

Codac
01-22-2009, 01:15 AM
yea uniforms are exactly what we don't need to spend money and time on got enough problems already

KCCAT21
01-22-2009, 02:33 PM
Do Not Touch Them!!!

Nel Toille
01-22-2009, 03:36 PM
I made a thread about this last year and got shot down by everyone but I would still like to see them 1. Incorporate the red pants with the red tops for a game or two 2. wear their white pants on the road more often and 3. maybe change the yellow to gold like the Rams did, after all, we are red and gold not red and yellow. I always thought the yellow looked a bit tacky.

chiefnut
01-22-2009, 05:22 PM
except for the stripes on the pants they have not changed much since super bowl I, let's keep it that way. the coolest lookin uniforms won't make us play any better anyway.

Nel Toille
01-22-2009, 05:35 PM
the coolest lookin uniforms won't make us play any better anyway.
You say that but history tells a different story. For some reason, most every team I can think of that has changed uniforms has played better since the uniform change: Tampa, Denver, Atlanta, St. Louis, Seattle, New England, Arizona (though the last few teams I mentioned took a few years). The only exception is the Chargers. They've been worse since they've switched uniforms but that could have more to do with Norv Turner.

hometeam
01-22-2009, 05:43 PM
Seattle looks so gross, except for the neon green accents~

maybe chiefs could add some accents kinda like sehawks does, maybe a bright yellow or dark red~

Lazeye
01-22-2009, 08:17 PM
[quote=hometeam;114091]
maybe chiefs could add some accents kinda like sehawks does, maybe a bright yellow or dark red~[/quote
Now I like that Idea, maybe even dark Gold and dark Red.

slc chief
01-22-2009, 09:06 PM
i say keep them the way they are as well but if they did add another color or change it up i would have to go with gray my gray,white and red chiefs hat looks awesome

hardcorechiefsfan
01-22-2009, 10:49 PM
Personally I don't think they should change a thing.

MDChiefs!
01-22-2009, 10:53 PM
I wouldnt mind having an alternate uniform design, but I love ours. They are so classic.

jerhart
01-22-2009, 11:04 PM
...NO!

It's football not a beauty contest...

Hayvern
01-23-2009, 01:12 AM
Yeah sure lets put that stupid looking number style like they have at Denver on our uniforms! NOT!@!!!!

DT14PRIEST
01-23-2009, 06:21 AM
I wouldnt mine going back to the all white away uniform... but leave everything else the same

:D

Chief Buck Rogers
01-24-2009, 11:23 AM
Let's look at teams that "changed" their uniforms, and their performance after.

Atlanta: Red & Black -> Black & Black/Red, they made it to the superbowl under reeevs and lost. that was several years after glanville made the uni switch

Seachickens: Blue, Emerald Green & White, to Grey Blue, emerald green, neon green and white. That uni change was done to coincide with the conference change. Playoffs, superbowl(lost) and now nothing with the Walrus at the helm

Tampax Bay: Gay Pirate -> Skull Flag and Pewter pants, lost the silly orqnge for a dark red. Playoffs, superbowl (won only because it was against his former team), nothing since then.

Donkey's: Orange & blue -> darker orange and darker blue, the helmet logo was better though. Superbowl, won. The reason they won was the same reason that Miami never did. The running game. When they went, they had Terrell Davis, before that they had to rely on Donkey teeth himself. Think about "The Drive", Elway -> WR & out of bounds. There was no running in there, not because they had to move the ball, but becasue they didn't have a back. Every time the Donk's went to a superbowl the other team teed off with the Blitz and shut Elway down.

The Tatankas, changed their helmets, and nothing

Uni changes are done for $$Dollerage$$ reasons. think Cowboys, how many jerseys have they displayed over the last 10 years? New coach, new jersey. I'd say only the Patsies have pulled off a successful uni transition for "A New Day of Hope".

Finally there's this: Our Chiefs resurrected the red pants at the request of Lamar in his final season, cause he always liked the white top, red lower. The white/white became our travel uniform in the 80's if I remember correctly. If you look at old film, we used to travel white/red, with home Red/white.

Overall:

DON'T CHANGE A FRAKING THING!!!!!

:mob:

Lazeye
01-24-2009, 12:24 PM
I think i started this thread cause after 20 years of CP and now clark at the helm, think we could use a dusting off. Ok, not a major change and dont touch the helmet but think we could use some excitement for use die hard fans close to arrowhead and from afar. Our new stadium has not done much for me yet cause its not done. And like all things it will one day happen and we all know about it and the more we will like it will depend on how much we were involved in the process or ideas of it.

Big Daddy Tek
01-25-2009, 12:35 AM
Let's look at teams that "changed" their uniforms, and their performance after.

Atlanta: Red & Black -> Black & Black/Red, they made it to the superbowl under reeevs and lost. that was several years after glanville made the uni switch

Seachickens: Blue, Emerald Green & White, to Grey Blue, emerald green, neon green and white. That uni change was done to coincide with the conference change. Playoffs, superbowl(lost) and now nothing with the Walrus at the helm

Tampax Bay: Gay Pirate -> Skull Flag and Pewter pants, lost the silly orqnge for a dark red. Playoffs, superbowl (won only because it was against his former team), nothing since then.

Donkey's: Orange & blue -> darker orange and darker blue, the helmet logo was better though. Superbowl, won. The reason they won was the same reason that Miami never did. The running game. When they went, they had Terrell Davis, before that they had to rely on Donkey teeth himself. Think about "The Drive", Elway -> WR & out of bounds. There was no running in there, not because they had to move the ball, but becasue they didn't have a back. Every time the Donk's went to a superbowl the other team teed off with the Blitz and shut Elway down.

The Tatankas, changed their helmets, and nothing

Uni changes are done for $$$ reasons. think Cowboys, how many jerseys have they displayed over the last 10 years? New coach, new jersey. I'd say only the Patsies have pulled off a successful uni transition for "A New Day of Hope".

Finally there's this: Our Chiefs resurrected the red pants at the request of Lamar in his final season, cause he always liked the white top, red lower. The white/white became our travel uniform in the 80's if I remember correctly. If you look at old film, we used to travel white/red, with home Red/white.

Overall:

DON'T CHANGE A FRAKING THING!!!!!

:mob:

Horrible argument. All of them the teams you mentioned, went to to the super bowl. Come on man.

Chiefster
01-25-2009, 12:42 AM
I say leave 'em like they are.

hometeam
01-25-2009, 01:15 AM
Hehe I dont think the uniform changes had alot to do with the records of the teams~ And if they did, that means a SB trip for us :P

Just a little change would be all that is needed, even if its wearing some alternates sometimes, or like I said, just adding dark red or yellow accents to the uniforms, maybe even just on certain players if they want to wear gloves or shoes with the accent color (like the seahawks neon green)

closeproximity
01-25-2009, 11:20 AM
We need a change...end of story. Ketchup and Mustard is getting old and I stopped eating those sandwiches when I was kid. Of course people will bring up the history...a Super Bowl win 40 years ago, whoa. I would ask anyone: are you wearing the same clothes that you had 40 years ago...I think not. New owner, new GM, new coach, new stadium...new uniforms.

It is GO TIME!

Bike
01-25-2009, 11:24 AM
Don't touch my Chiefs uniforms!!

Chief Buck Rogers
01-25-2009, 01:58 PM
All of the teams I mentioned went to the Superbowl, but how many won?

Patriots (Spygate)
Broncos (Elway & Terrell Davis) but there was no incipient event, they just changed for $$$. If I remember correctly, Shannahan had already been there a year, maybe two?

Who else has won. Not went, WON?!!

jerhart
01-25-2009, 02:20 PM
For everyone who wants to change our uniforms...

...you belong here ->The Fashion Police: Ugly shoes, bags and prom dresses (http://www.thefashionpolice.net/)

...This is a FOOTBALL forum...end of story.

Nel Toille
01-25-2009, 03:50 PM
For everyone who wants to change our uniforms...

...you belong here ->The Fashion Police: Ugly shoes, bags and prom dresses (http://www.thefashionpolice.net/)

...This is a FOOTBALL forum...end of story.
Way to be a manly-man, dude.
YouTube - orgazmo - now you are a man

Bike
01-25-2009, 04:21 PM
[quote=Nel Toille;114688]Way to be a manly-man, dude.
/quote]
Is there any other kind?

jerhart
01-25-2009, 05:07 PM
Way to be a manly-man, dude.
YouTube - orgazmo - now you are a man (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oECIKVaz5rc)

...we're not looking to be crowned miss America here...let's worry about working on putting together a winning season for a change...

...I just want to drink beer and watch my Chiefs smash all those teams with their pretty little jerseys into the ground.

Bike
01-25-2009, 05:13 PM
...we're not looking to be crowned miss America here...let's worry about working on putting together a winning season for a change...

...I just want to drink beer and watch my Chiefs smash all those teams with their pretty little jerseys into the ground.
Yeah Jerhart!! I mean really, who's got a shot at us in the afc west in 09? Donks? No way. Haters? No way. Bolts and Norv? No way!!!!
But in the meantime theres not much to do - but - drink beer!!!:bananen_smilies046:

jerhart
01-25-2009, 05:26 PM
Yeah Jerhart!! I mean really, who's got a shot at us in the afc west in 09? Donks? No way. Haters? No way. Bolts and Norv? No way!!!!
But in the meantime theres not much to do - but - drink beer!!!:bananen_smilies046:

It's the truth...! :bananen_smilies046:

And you are right...Clark landed Pioli...already the NFL's biggest front office acquisition by far this season. Let Pioli find his men and work his magic with our draft. We have some stand out rookies from last season that will only improve more this season.

The Donks have Josh Mcdaniels now...hopefully another Weis, Crennel, and Mangini...along with our Special Teams Coach! ha!

We all know as long as Al Davis is alive we will always be one up on the faiders...

...and the sparks have there issues with their RB situation....and yes...Norv is still there, how, I dont know.

...let's not worry about if we look 'pretty enough'.....let's focus on the task, WINNING FOOTBALL GAMES.

Just a reminder for those who are worried about if we look pretty enough...we went 6-26 the last two seasons...do we really need to be discussing our uniforms right now?

Bike
01-25-2009, 05:46 PM
It's the truth...! :bananen_smilies046:

And you are right...Clark landed Pioli...already the NFL's biggest front office acquisition by far this season. Let Pioli find his men and work his magic with our draft. We have some stand out rookies from last season that will only improve more this season.

The Donks have Josh Mcdaniels now...hopefully another Weis, Crennel, and Mangini...along with our Special Teams Coach! ha!

We all know as long as Al Davis is alive we will always be one up on the faiders...

...and the sparks have there issues with their RB situation....and yes...Norv is still there, how, I dont know.

...let's not worry about if we look 'pretty enough'.....let's focus on the task, WINNING FOOTBALL GAMES.

Just a reminder for those who are worried about if we look pretty enough...we went 6-26 the last two seasons...do we really need to be discussing our uniforms right now?
I concur!! After all, the only pretty around here worth discussing is................................................ .................................................. .............................Canada?????!!!!!!:ban anen_smilies046:

Pro_Angler
01-25-2009, 05:51 PM
I think change in uniforma would mark a new era in chiefs football and give some life to this team.

theaxeeffect4311
01-25-2009, 06:38 PM
I think change in uniforma would mark a new era in chiefs football and give some life to this team.

Financially speaking though, adding new uniforms would be a good move for the Chiefs. Sure, they would have to spend money to make money, but think of all the fans who would buy jerseys if they came out with new ones. Is it needed? Not really. Is it a priority? By no means. Is it a possibility? I would think so.

Lazeye
01-25-2009, 07:19 PM
[I think change in uniforma would mark a new era in chiefs football and give some life to this team.]
That is why I started this to see what we all thought and alot of no's have come some maybe's and and this small group that think it could help give some life to the players and fan base, it has nothing to do with being pretty.

jerhart
01-25-2009, 07:34 PM
That is why I started this to see what we all thought and alot of no's have come some maybe's and and this small group that think it could help give some life to the players and fan base, it has nothing to do with being pretty.

I bet you will see some added life to our team with Pioli in as GM and Herm not coaching....there are other ways of giving our team some life without tampering with our history.

Nel Toille
01-25-2009, 08:06 PM
I don't think anyone here is suggesting that we completely overhaul the uniforms. Just make a few touches to improve them and bring them up to modern times. I still think they should make the yellow darker or a gold because we are red and gold not red and yellow. Don't be afraid of change, jerhart. It's going to eventually happen.

KristofLaw
01-25-2009, 11:38 PM
I don't believe we should make any adjustments to the uniforms as of now however... what's up with the hate? Is this a way of weeding out new posters?

Chief4Ever&Ever
01-26-2009, 12:26 PM
Keep the uniforms the way they are!! Change the team!!

tornadospotter
01-26-2009, 01:04 PM
I concur!! After all, the only pretty around here worth discussing is................................................ .................................................. .............................Canada?????!!!!!!:ban anen_smilies046:
His Wife yes, Canada no.:D :bananen_smilies046:

chiefnut
01-26-2009, 01:06 PM
the cards changed in 2005, the bills in 1974, 2002, the bears 1950, the lions 2004, the bengals 1981,2004, the falcons 1971,1990,1999 changed helmet for super bowl-lost,2003,2004. just a small sampling.....uniforms don't make you play better

jerhart
01-26-2009, 01:10 PM
Change is good....but tampering with tradition is not what I am in favor of.

I love the new renovations going on with Arrowhead. Updating sporting venues is inevitable with time.

But there are things I do not like to change...for one...the name of 'Arrowhead' stadium. Are all of you who are fine with changing our uniforms okay with the fact that the name of our stadium is due to change and we could end up playing at something along the lines of 'Sprint' Stadium...?

....Why change our uniforms? Dont say to add life or mark the start of a new era....you do that with personnel moves and that is reflected with your record...lets not jump the gun an assume we are going to have the marvelous season and we need to mark it with new uniforms....?

We are unique because we keep with tradition...we dont have throwbacks... I am sorry if some of you dont like our 'mustard' color...because it isn't 'gold.' Well stop calling it gold...call it mustard..problem solved.

...I love change...I was all about getting rid of Carl and Herm. I am all about updating Arrowhead...

...I am Not about changing the name of Arrowhead, along with changing our uniforms....

...for those who dont like our uniforms...DEAL WITH IT.

jerhart
01-26-2009, 01:11 PM
the cards changed in 2005, the bills in 1974, 2002, the bears 1950, the lions 2004, the bengals 1981,2004, the falcons 1971,1990,1999 changed helmet for super bowl-lost,2003,2004. just a small sampling.....uniforms don't make you play better

exactly....

Chief Tyler
01-26-2009, 01:13 PM
How could you not like the uniforms? We've got the best colors and logo in the league by far.

tornadospotter
01-26-2009, 01:14 PM
Change is good....but tampering with tradition is not what I am in favor of.

I love the new renovations going on with Arrowhead. Updating sporting venues is inevitable with time.

But there are things I do not like to change...for one...the name of 'Arrowhead' stadium. Are all of you who are fine with changing our uniforms okay with the fact that the name of our stadium is due to change and we could end up playing at something along the lines of 'Sprint' Stadium...?

....Why change our uniforms? Dont say to add life or mark the start of a new era....you do that with personnel moves and that is reflected with your record...lets not jump the gun an assume we are going to have the marvelous season and we need to mark it with new uniforms....?

We are unique because we keep with tradition...we dont have throwbacks... I am sorry if some of you dont like our 'mustard' color...because it isn't 'gold.' Well stop calling it gold...call it mustard..problem solved.

...I love change...I was all about getting rid of Carl and Herm. I am all about updating Arrowhead...

...I am Not about changing the name of Arrowhead, along with changing our uniforms....

...for those who dont like our uniforms...DEAL WITH IT.

:11: I AGREE!!!!!!!
ARROWHEAD WILL ALWAYS BE THE ONLY NAME FOR ME, OF THE HOME OF THE CHIEFS!!!!!!:11:

m0ef0e
01-26-2009, 05:15 PM
I think we should switch to spiked chainmail with razor-sharp edges.

Bike
01-26-2009, 05:18 PM
I think we should switch to spiked chainmail with razor-sharp edges.
And rocket-propelled grenades. Now thats football!:bananen_smilies046:

closeproximity
01-26-2009, 06:51 PM
The uniforms will change when the Hunts feel that we are not selling enough merchandise and that a change will increase that. Tradition has nothing to do with it. Also, the belief that if they change the uniforms, it would cause current fans to dump the team is ridiculous. You change the uniforms to get new fans. Purists hated adding the wildcard to baseball. They did it to add fans. They know the old guard will not leave baseball. They want to attack new fans. That is why all teams change they uniforms or their logo etc or their name ("Bullets to Wizards). I say update the uniforms and let the old guard complain about how they used to be.

Lazeye
01-26-2009, 07:01 PM
nice

Sn@keIze
01-26-2009, 08:09 PM
Im a Die Hard fan and have been all my life..

A slight change in color doesnt mean im not..

not going to complain if they dont change or if they do..

But Ketchup Mustard and Mayonaise? come on..a tweek isnt going to hurt.

slc chief
02-06-2009, 10:16 PM
i am seeing alot of grey instead of the gold/orange /yellow. at the haley press conferance it was all grey red black and white. if you notice alot of there merchandise is also the same colors who knows if ant of this means anything just saying i am seeing alot of grey anybody else noticing or am i going color blind

Chiefster
02-07-2009, 12:16 AM
How could you not like the uniforms? We've got the best colors and logo in the league by far.

I agree; I say keep 'em like they are, but then again I'm a conservative. :D

theaxeeffect4311
02-07-2009, 04:22 AM
The uniforms will change when the Hunts feel that we are not selling enough merchandise and that a change will increase that. Tradition has nothing to do with it. Also, the belief that if they change the uniforms, it would cause current fans to dump the team is ridiculous. You change the uniforms to get new fans. Purists hated adding the wildcard to baseball. They did it to add fans. They know the old guard will not leave baseball. They want to attack new fans. That is why all teams change they uniforms or their logo etc or their name ("Bullets to Wizards). I say update the uniforms and let the old guard complain about how they used to be.

Couldn't agree more. I think is a season where they might change with everything else changing.

Northcountry68
02-07-2009, 02:48 PM
Maybe bust out a black jersey with the same patterns as the normal jersey, matched with the red pants for a home game.