PDA

View Full Version : Dream offseason

balto
01-22-2009, 02:19 PM
Ok guys just wanted to put a couple things down. A Dream offseason and I'll try to make it short.

DREAM
FA's:(no way we get them all hehe)
Sign Suggs-DE
Sign Vilma-MLB
Sign Haynesworth-DT

DRAFT:(this trade COULD happen)
Trade 3rd overall with Eagles 21st,28th,52nd and trade 4th round picks.

1)21st- Duke Robinson "G" Oklahoma
1)28th- Alex Mack "C" California
2)34th- Brian Cushing "OLB" USC
2)52nd- Shonn Greene "RB" Iowa (with the idea Pioli does something with LJ)
3)67th- Herman Johnson "RT" LSU (we convert him from G to RT and he will be a beast at 6'7 382)
4)117th- Graham Harrell QB" Texas Tech
5)131st- Ramses Barden "WR" Cal Poly-SLO (6'6 227 with ok speed)
6)162nd- Glover Quin "CB" New Mexico
7)195th- Chase Patton "QB" MU (could be our QOFT with Shanahan coaching him)

SO we would have 3 QB's fighting it out (Thigy, Harrell, and Patton)

A stud Power Back in Greene

A new WR

Oline would look like this:

Albert/Waters/Mack/Duke/Herman

and with Suggs, Vilma, Haynesworth and not to mention drafting Cushing as our OLB our D is 100000 times better.

I know what a dream, but looks good doesn't it hehe

jmlamerson
01-22-2009, 02:26 PM
I like where your heart's at - but there is no way that trade happens!

jerhart
01-22-2009, 02:27 PM
I'd go for that...

...but who's coaching them? ;)

KCCAT21
01-22-2009, 02:30 PM
If we could get half of that done, it would be awesome.

I think the Ravens will try and make a run at Suggs, and let Lewis go. For the record I do not want Lewis. He is a Future HOF on the decline.

I would love to see us trade out of the number 3 pick. Unless Pioli can see something I don't. There is not anyone up there who is good enough to take, for us not to try and pick up extra picks. But he gets paid to do and I don't.

I am just ready to hear something from them. Anything.

balto
01-22-2009, 02:35 PM
Well lets go with the current Rumor and pick Shanahan as our HC hehe.

Maybe Shanahan could make a Pro-Bowler out of one of our young QB's lol

jerhart
01-22-2009, 02:38 PM
Well lets go with the current Rumor and pick Shanahan as our HC hehe.

Maybe Shanahan could make a Pro-Bowler out of one of our young QB's lol

I was with you until the HC....A.S. just shot that rumor down too...who knows...

...I am just not a fan of leftovers and someone who made their name leading one of our most hated oppositions.

I hope Pioli brings in a new fresh name no one is familiar with and He makes a name leading our Chiefs. JMO tho.

I still dig your draft tho! :bananen_smilies046:

jmlamerson
01-22-2009, 02:48 PM
The top five FAs I want are:

Albert Haynesworth - he'll probably bolt Tennessee and we can offer him the most money

Nnamdi Asomuga - Al Davis might not franchise him. If he doesn't we need to offer him the moon. As much as I love Carr and Flowers, Asomugha is a force unto himself and is only 28.

Karlos Dansby - I'm pretty wary of Vilma. I'm tired of an undersized defense and I want a big smashmouth LB. He's only 27 and could lock down our ROLB position for the next decade.

Julius Peppers - Nothing against Suggs, but unless we go to a 3-4, he's not as valuable as Peppers. If we go to a 3-4, I'll change them out.

TJ Housmenzadah - Would compliment Bowe perfectly, and would give us a badly needed big time WR.

For the draft, assuming we get these guys (or reasonable facsimiles), and assuming we stay in the 4-3, I want to draft:

1,3 Eugene Monroe - gives us good young bookend tackles for the next decade.

We trade our 2009 2nd rounder and our 2010 2nd rounder to move the 20 spot

1,20 Rey Maualuga - our defense is suddenly physical and fearsome.

3rd Round - Best OG

4rd Round - Best RB

5rd Round - Best C

6rd Round - Best QB

7rd Round - Best OL

Our front seven is revamped, our OL is set for a decade, and we win 12+ games in 2009.

leaves
01-22-2009, 03:22 PM
ha, this is a clever idea. My meaningless dream would be LJ goes somewhere for that 2nd.
Then FA: J.Peppers, Suggs, D. Sharper, H. Evans
1st-Oher/Monroe OT
2nd-Cushing LB
2nd-Mack/Unger C
3rd-Nic Harris S
4th-Chris Baker DT
5th-Herb Donaldson RB
6th-Jarett Dillard WR
7th-Mike Teel/Best player

Lazeye
01-22-2009, 04:02 PM
...I am just not a fan of leftovers and someone who ade their name leading one of our most hated oppositions
I hope Pioli brings in a new fresh name no one is familiar ith and He makes a name leading our Chiefs.:bananen_smilies046:
Amen to that!

Sn@keIze
01-22-2009, 04:34 PM
My dream offseason:

Pioli GM

Shanahan HC

Shottenheimer D coordinator.

Let them work their magic from there.:D

Im not giving up on Cowher either, hes not coming back anytime soon. But what does that say bout you when both of your assistants are facing each other in the SB after you leave.. Cowher Power!!

jmlamerson
01-22-2009, 05:01 PM
My dream offseason:

Pioli GM

Shanahan HC

Shottenheimer D coordinator.

Let them work their magic from there.:D

Im not giving up on Cowher either, hes not coming back anytime soon. But what does that say bout you when both of your assistants are facing each other in the SB after you leave.. Cowher Power!!

Yeah, I like Cowher a lot, but everyone forgets that he choked in every big game except for the one that the refs threw for him.

Also Tomlin wasn't ever Cowher's asisstant - he was the Minnesota DC prior to coming to the Steelers.

Sn@keIze
01-22-2009, 05:03 PM
Yeah, I like Cowher a lot, but everyone forgets that he choked in every big game except for the one that the refs threw for him.

Also Tomlin wasn't ever Cowher's asisstant - he was the Minnesota DC prior to coming to the Steelers.
oh, my bad. thanks jm.

wildcat
01-22-2009, 05:12 PM

I am a big Cowher fan, but it could mean that the reason he took his team to the SB a few years ago is because he had a couple of great assistants carrying him.

The Steelers were a force for a long time under Cowher though, so I am sure it was more than having the right assistants.

Nel Toille
01-22-2009, 05:18 PM
I like the idea of drafting Harrell. If he'd there in the third or fourth, we should take him.

jmlamerson
01-22-2009, 05:32 PM
I like the idea of drafting Harrell. If he'd there in the third or fourth, we should take him.

Harrell will be there in the 6th (at least) if we want him. Between his broken hand and his college offense, he may go undrafted all together.

jap1
01-22-2009, 08:02 PM
Harrell will be there in the 6th (at least) if we want him. Between his broken hand and his college offense, he may go undrafted all together.

I also heard he is doing horrible at the Senior Bowl.

jmlamerson
01-22-2009, 08:11 PM
I also heard he is doing horrible at the Senior Bowl.

He broke his hand six weeks ago! What is he even doing there?

I don't dislike Harrell. But he's a poor man's Thigpen. How exactly would he be of more benefit to our team than just sticking with Thigpen?

jap1
01-22-2009, 08:25 PM
He broke his hand six weeks ago! What is he even doing there?

I don't dislike Harrell. But he's a poor man's Thigpen. How exactly would he be of more benefit to our team than just sticking with Thigpen?

Yeah, but I thought it was his non-throwing hand. That shouldnt affect your ability (or rather inability) to read defenses and your arm strength.

Sn@keIze
01-22-2009, 09:57 PM
I would be shocked of Herrall went late draft or even undrafted...

He put up Heisman numbers.. and was right up there with the rest of the big name big 12 QBs...

ya he had crabtree, but if you want to look at it that way, crabtree had him also...

If we are going QB..it all depends what Lions are going to do...they may go with either QB or not one at all.

leaves
01-22-2009, 10:38 PM
I could picture the Lions doin the Viking thing and grabbing two qb's this yr.