PDA

View Full Version : Any word on Alan Faneca's future with the Steelers?

DrunkHillbilly
07-22-2007, 10:54 PM
Last I heard he was very very unhappy with the moves the organization had made with the coaching staff. He had said he would be interested in reuniting with Russ Grimm. Haven't heard anything in a while.

Chiefster
07-22-2007, 11:03 PM
Last I heard he was very very unhappy with the moves the organization had made with the coaching staff. He had said he would be interested in reuniting with Russ Grimm. Haven't heard anything in a while.

Sorry, but I too have not heard anything.

Chiefster
07-22-2007, 11:11 PM
Alan Faneca, still bitter, promises not to show it during what he called his last training camp with the Pittsburgh Steelers.
"I'm going to go abut my business and play football,'' the six-time Pro Bowl guard said. "Any distraction would be through the media and how they perceive me going about my business of playing football."
Faneca deeply resents the fact the Steelers made him a perfunctory contract extension offer early this year, one he said was issued only so club officials could say they made him an offer. No talks have taken place on a new one and Faneca said he will play through the final year of his contract and go elsewhere in 2008. He said the Steelers will get his very best on the field this season.
"It's about playing with the guys next to you and playing for a job as well,'' Faneca said. "It's a true sense of playing for a job, it just happens to be somewhere else the following year."
New coach Mike Tomlin said he has no doubts that Faneca will act and play up to his best.
"You don't play football the way he plays football without being a professional. I think ultimately your character shows through; it's obvious when you turn the tape on what his football character is about."
Faneca blew off his team's OTAs except for one required minicamp he attended, although he missed one of those practices and was reportedly fined by Tomlin. Faneca will earn a salary of $3.375 million this season on top of the $1 million roster bonus he received in March.
Faneca, 30, said he might be motivated more this year.
"I think it's definitely motivation when everyone's talking about your age, your play, people are analyzing you and the situation, that motivates you," he said...

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/steelers/home.htm

DrunkHillbilly
07-22-2007, 11:17 PM
Alan Faneca, still bitter, promises not to show it during what he called his last training camp with the Pittsburgh Steelers.
"I'm going to go abut my business and play football,'' the six-time Pro Bowl guard said. "Any distraction would be through the media and how they perceive me going about my business of playing football."
Faneca deeply resents the fact the Steelers made him a perfunctory contract extension offer early this year, one he said was issued only so club officials could say they made him an offer. No talks have taken place on a new one and Faneca said he will play through the final year of his contract and go elsewhere in 2008. He said the Steelers will get his very best on the field this season.
"It's about playing with the guys next to you and playing for a job as well,'' Faneca said. "It's a true sense of playing for a job, it just happens to be somewhere else the following year."
New coach Mike Tomlin said he has no doubts that Faneca will act and play up to his best.
"You don't play football the way he plays football without being a professional. I think ultimately your character shows through; it's obvious when you turn the tape on what his football character is about."
Faneca blew off his team's OTAs except for one required minicamp he attended, although he missed one of those practices and was reportedly fined by Tomlin. Faneca will earn a salary of $3.375 million this season on top of the $1 million roster bonus he received in March.
Faneca, 30, said he might be motivated more this year.
"I think it's definitely motivation when everyone's talking about your age, your play, people are analyzing you and the situation, that motivates you," he said...

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/steelers/home.htm

Thanks.

Chiefster
07-22-2007, 11:19 PM
No problem! :D

chief31
07-22-2007, 11:58 PM
I heard he was refusing to be a co-captain of the offense.

DrunkHillbilly
07-23-2007, 12:37 AM
I heard he was refusing to be a co-captain of the offense.

He was here in Az. for a few weeks workin out with some guys and the local media got to him. He definetly displayed his dislike for what was happening in Pitt. and said on numerous occassions that if there were any way for him to be with with Grimm he would be willing to do almost anything to make it happen. Haven't heard a word since. I am sure he will stay a Steeler for one more year then he is done there!

Chiefster
07-23-2007, 01:00 AM
He can come to KC. :D

chief31
07-23-2007, 01:47 AM
Oh yeah, He's a great talent and has a bit of a mean streak, on the field. I'd be thrilled to bring him in.

Chiefster
07-23-2007, 09:00 AM
Oh yeah, He's a great talent and has a bit of a mean streak, on the field. I'd be thrilled to bring him in.

...And would nicely fill a huge gaping ho...., ummmm need on the team; yeah that's it. :D

chief31
07-23-2007, 10:39 AM
I would be thrilled if the Chiefs were to bring in a guy with his credentials. Especially if Kyle Turley were to return to form and play by his side. That would be a nasty tendem.

m0ef0e
07-23-2007, 11:41 AM
I would be thrilled if the Chiefs were to bring in a guy with his credentials. Especially if Kyle Turley were to return to form and play by his side. That would be a nasty tendem.

That would definately ease my mind some going into the season...

Chiefster
07-23-2007, 07:56 PM

Nothing would hurt my feelings less then to see turnstile return to some semblance of his former self, but at this point I really have to see it to believe it.

Coach
07-24-2007, 08:35 PM

Are we still hanging our hopes on Kyle Turley?

Chiefster
07-24-2007, 08:37 PM
Are we still hanging our hopes on Kyle Turley?

Not me.

Coach
07-24-2007, 08:49 PM
Not me.

I think he will have the same view of Chiefs games that I do this year. 8 ft from a TV with a beer in hand. Both hands if everything goes right.

Canada
07-24-2007, 09:34 PM
I think he will have the same view of Chiefs games that I do this year. 8 ft from a TV with a beer in hand. Both hands if everything goes right.

...or wrong Hey look at me!! I am a pessimist!! :sign0085:

Chiefster
07-24-2007, 10:45 PM

LOL!!!

Yup; that may well be his game situation. I'd take the league minimum to sit on the bench and watch the game.