PDA

View Full Version : Who woul have thunk??? Hockey is lookin pretty good these days huh??!!??

DrunkHillbilly
07-23-2007, 06:35 PM
The NFL is running a muck with drunk drivin, gun totin, dog fightin, steroid stabbin and everything else you can think of!

The MLB has been and is still a drug infested organization that doesn't want to admit it has a problem!

The NBA has officials calling games to pad the bets they have made and are now going into the witness protection program. Has a commissioner that is holier than now and really is a piece of ****!

Hockey just continues on with their low ratings but very rarely do you hear about these off the field (or ice) problems that the other leagues have. Once in a while you will hear something but not as often as the others. I wonder why?

Chiefster
07-23-2007, 07:48 PM
The NFL is running a muck with drunk drivin, gun totin, dog fightin, steroid stabbin and everything else you can think of!

The MLB has been and is still a drug infested organization that doesn't want to admit it has a problem!

The NBA has officials calling games to pad the bets they have made and are now going into the witness protection program. Has a commissioner that is holier than now and really is a piece of ****!

Hockey just continues on with their low ratings but very rarely do you hear about these off the field (or ice) problems that the other leagues have. Once in a while you will hear something but not as often as the others. I wonder why?

LOL!!!

Heh, hockey has lost it's burst and I think you mean "holier then thou". :D

Canada
07-23-2007, 08:35 PM

Cause it is mostly Canadians playing and we are very friendly. :character0066:

Chiefster
07-23-2007, 08:48 PM
Cause it is mostly Canadians playing and we are very friendly. :character0066:

...As evidenced by the stitches you had to get in your head.
j/k

Canada Rocks! :)

Canada
07-23-2007, 08:53 PM
i didn't start it and i only got like 11 stitches...I was also kind enough to return the favor.

Chiefster
07-23-2007, 08:54 PM
i didn't start it and i only got like 11 stitches...I was also kind enough to return the favor.

I know bud; just given ya a hard time. :)

DrunkHillbilly
07-23-2007, 08:54 PM
LOL!!!

Heh, hockey has lost it's burst and I think you mean "holier then thou". :D

Actually I meant "holier thAn thou" :invasion:

Canada
07-23-2007, 08:55 PM
plus i think he hit me just to let me know how well we were getting along. :)

Chiefster
07-23-2007, 08:56 PM
Actually I meant "holier thAn thou" :invasion:

LOL!!! That would be it.

Chiefster
07-23-2007, 08:57 PM
plus i think he hit me just to let me know how well we were getting along. :)

Well you Canadians are just that way. LOL!!!

Canada
07-23-2007, 08:58 PM
...the beer helps keep me friendly too. :)

Chiefster
07-23-2007, 09:01 PM
...the beer helps keep me friendly too. :)

So where's that helmet???

Canada
07-23-2007, 09:06 PM
So where's that helmet???

I got it on and I am ready to go in coach :character0054:

Chiefster
07-23-2007, 09:14 PM
I got it on and I am ready to go in coach :character0054:

Genlemen; start your engines.

Canada
07-23-2007, 09:19 PM
Genlemen; start your engines.

uh...no drivin for me or Jared tonite coach. :bananen_smilies046::bananen_smilies085:

Chiefster
07-23-2007, 09:25 PM
uh...no drivin for me or Jared tonite coach. :bananen_smilies046::bananen_smilies085:

Call the cab. :D

m0ef0e
07-23-2007, 09:30 PM

The reason you dont hear about this crap in hockey is cuz the market is way smaller and the payoffs arent as big.

EDIT: With a more conservative budget, comes a more conservative lifestyle and mindset. Most of the time anyway. (i.e.) - Vick allegedly started the dogfighting operation pretty much immediately after he was signed as a rookie. A young guy suddenly has millions to spend, not being a veteran in either work or life, he gets involved in severely wrong stuff. I may be wrong but if Vick was making thousands instead of millions, he may have not been so eager to blow his money on a not only risky, but illegal, enterprise.

Canada
07-23-2007, 09:35 PM
The reason you dont hear about this crap in hockey is cuz the market is way smaller and the payoffs arent as big.

EDIT: With a more conservative budget, comes a more conservative lifestyle and mindset. Most of the time anyway.

Plus in hockey, you can get out all your agression on the ice and only serve a five minute penalty.

Chiefster
07-23-2007, 10:07 PM
Plus in hockey, you can get out all your agression on the ice and only serve a five minute penalty.

Ahhhh; hockey justice. Use of those sticks could be assault with a deadly weapon. lol!

DrunkHillbilly
07-23-2007, 10:09 PM

EDIT: With a more conservative budget, comes a more conservative lifestyle and mindset. Most of the time anyway. (i.e.) - Vick allegedly started the dogfighting operation pretty much immediately after he was signed as a rookie. A young guy suddenly has millions to spend, not being a veteran in either work or life, he gets involved in severely wrong stuff. I may be wrong but if Vick was making thousands instead of millions, he may have not been so eager to blow his money on a not only risky, but illegal, enterprise.

Or there's just not as many idiots!!!

stlchief
07-24-2007, 12:22 AM
I hope other NFL team fans aren't listening in here and hearing us talk about hockey as if it were comparable in any way / shape / form to some good ole' American-invented sports (read: basketball / baseball / football).

How can these sports not have character issues? They are US sports.

As Bill Murray said in stripes, our ancestors have been kicked out of every decent country in the world.

So who cares if there are no "character" issues hockey / soccer / cricket / curling / bob-sledding / etc.

All Americans (and our adopted Canadian brethren) are OK with the controversy.

Bonds does roids? re-sign him. NBA ref cheats? fire him. Vick fights dogs? jail him.

But we'll keep drinking our beers and watchin. Why? We AMERICANS (and a Canadian).

DrunkHillbilly
07-24-2007, 01:12 AM
I hope other NFL team fans aren't listening in here and hearing us talk about hockey as if it were comparable in any way / shape / form to some good ole' American-invented sports (read: basketball / baseball / football).

As Bill Murray said in stripes, our ancestors have been kicked out of every decent country in the world.

So who cares if there are no "character" issues hockey / soccer / cricket / curling / bob-sledding / etc.

Bonds does roids? re-sign him. NBA ref cheats? fire him. Vick fights dogs? jail him.

But we'll keep drinking our beers and watchin. Why? We AMERICANS (and a Canadian).

HUH???

chief31
07-24-2007, 10:34 AM
Or there's just not as many idiots!!!

No doubt. The reason that we dont hear as much about it, is because not as many people care about the sport, or the atheletes. If a hockey player gets arrested for DUI, it isn't a big story, so the national media doesn't pick up the story. IMO.

Chiefster
07-24-2007, 10:50 AM
No doubt. The reason that we dont hear as much about it, is because not as many people care about the sport, or the atheletes. If a hockey player gets arrested for DUI, it isn't a big story, so the national media doesn't pick up the story. IMO.

:sign0156:
...More then likely; it simply doesn't draw as much attention unless they do something truly despicable.

DrunkHillbilly
07-24-2007, 12:35 PM
:sign0156:
...More then likely; it simply doesn't draw as much attention unless they do something truly despicable.

This is all true but I would bet that there are a LOT less incedents than in the other 3 major sports.:character00173:

Chiefster
07-24-2007, 12:59 PM
This is all true but I would bet that there are a LOT less incedents than in the other 3 major sports.:character00173:

That, too, is a possibility.:sign0156:

Canada
07-24-2007, 03:29 PM

Don't mean to burst your bubble but basketball was invented in Canada by James Naysmith

And please do not ever class hockey with soccer, cricket, curling and bob sledding. I am a big hockey fan and it gets a lot more coverage in Canada. I really think that there are not as many "idiots" playing hockey. Maybe it is because we are not giving 22 year old hockey players 10 million dollars and then telling them not to do anything stupid.

chief31
07-25-2007, 02:13 AM
Well, in hockey, they play on ice. Ice is cold. What happens to a mans "junk" when it gets cold? That's right, hockey players don't have the "testicular fortitude" to be as "ballsy" as other major sports' atheletes.

Guru
07-25-2007, 02:21 AM
Well, in hockey, they play on ice. Ice is cold. What happens to a mans "junk" when it gets cold? That's right, hockey players don't have the "testicular fortitude" to be as "ballsy" as other major sports' atheletes.
Yeah but they try. Ever seen a bench clearing brawl? Good stuff man.

DrunkHillbilly
07-25-2007, 02:24 AM

You can't be serious can you? What do the other sports athletes do that is so ballsy?

Chiefster
07-25-2007, 05:21 AM
Yeah but they try. Ever seen a bench clearing brawl? Good stuff man.

Talk about entertainment!

You can't be serious can you? What do the other sports athletes do that is so ballsy?

Why haven't you heard? They use roids and sponser dog fights; just to name a couple.

chief31
07-25-2007, 06:29 AM
Yeah, I'm seious about the cold being a crime deterrent.Lol.

No. That was a joke.:character0065: There's the smiley that I forgot.