PDA

View Full Version : ESPN: Shanny NOT likely to come to KC

jap1
01-23-2009, 11:44 PM
On sportscenter Mortenson just said that he re-checked his sources and there have been NO negotiations, and NO discussions with the two. He basically retracted his earlier statement and said that Clark Hunt has looked into Shanahan.

His last words on the subject were that Shanahan probably will NOT be the HC.

Bike
01-23-2009, 11:47 PM
On sportscenter Mortenson just said that he re-checked his sources and there have been NO negotiations, and NO discussions with the two. He basically retracted his earlier statement and said that Clark Hunt has looked into Shanahan.

His last words on the subject were that Shanahan probably will NOT be the HC.
Then why the hell did he report it without verifying his sources? Piss-poor.

josh1971
01-23-2009, 11:49 PM
He just wanted to be the first to get on it, and as you said, didn't check his sources. And yep- piss poor journalism.

Bike
01-23-2009, 11:50 PM
And #2: Why isn't Pioli considering Shannahan without even an interview? Pioli must have somebody picked out (Haley)...

DMN
01-24-2009, 12:04 AM
The more I follow up on this the more I am not interested in Haley. His attitude seems raw and I just dont like him since the arguing with players on the sideline fiasco. I am really hoping it isnt him.

theaxeeffect4311
01-24-2009, 12:11 AM
The more I follow up on this the more I am not interested in Haley. His attitude seems raw and I just dont like him since the arguing with players on the sideline fiasco. I am really hoping it isnt him.

I have to agree with you. I do not think he should get much praise for an offense that has Warner passing to Fitzgerald and Boldin and has not had a running game until the playoffs.

Does anyone know how the Arizona players feel about Haley? Maybe that would give us some insight to whether or not he will be a good head coach.

leaves
01-24-2009, 12:52 PM
I have to agree with you. I do not think he should get much praise for an offense that has Warner passing to Fitzgerald and Boldin and has not had a running game until the playoffs.

Does anyone know how the Arizona players feel about Haley? Maybe that would give us some insight to whether or not he will be a good head coach.

That's the tough part, because they're all in the super bowl, nobody's gonna comment on issues like that. My presumption would be that Warner doesn't care, Fitzgerald loves him, Boldin hates him (and the franchise). It seems like the young players really work well with Haley, but the vets don't appreciate his charge. I'd like having him solely because he takes charge and we have a pretty young team. (LJ probably would not appreciate Haley at all)

Seek
01-24-2009, 04:16 PM
A couple things. A. At this point in time it would be breaking NFL rules if the Chiefs were already in contract talks with Shanarat, so of course Agents are going to deny everything. That is what they are paid to do. They also fabricate stories to help show an interst in their clients.

I am tired of reporters speculating. We can do that here on a forum.

The Kc media did say yesterday that Shanarat was one of the Chiefs targets. Personally, I am not thrilled with that decision. I never liked his whinning attitude.

Guru
01-24-2009, 04:27 PM
The more this gets denied the more I think it has legs.

leaves
01-24-2009, 07:01 PM
I am tired of reporters speculating. We can do that here on a forum.

The Kc media did say yesterday that Shanarat was one of the Chiefs targets. Personally, I am not thrilled with that decision. I never liked his whinning attitude.

I don't know who speculates more us or the sports journalists.

Vandelay
01-24-2009, 07:29 PM
Too bad we can't get paid to speculate, like those guys do. So far we've found out as much as any journalist has.:lol:

nigeriannightmare
01-24-2009, 07:53 PM

Same thing with Pioli. People were reporting about how contracts negotiations had stalled, and the fact that Clark wouldn't fire Herm, and blah blah blah. I completely agree.

hermhater
01-24-2009, 08:37 PM
I think it's gonna be Haley.

He can't be talked to until their season is over.

Chief4Ever&Ever
01-24-2009, 09:00 PM
Come on die hard Chiefs fans Shanahan is the enemy!! He coached the donkey's for h@#! sakes! Pick someone else!!

Vandelay
01-24-2009, 09:40 PM
Come on die hard Chiefs fans Shanahan is the enemy!! He coached the donkey's for h@#! sakes! Pick someone else!!
I'm not really hoping Shannahan is the next coach, but really, what better way to screw the donks than for them to pay Shannahan to kick their own a$$. Plus it would bring back the hatred of the donks and the raiders that seems to have been missing with our last two head coaches.

Chiefster
01-24-2009, 11:55 PM

Could be, they have ESPN sounding like The Enquirer.

Pro_Angler
01-25-2009, 01:09 PM
Then why the hell did he report it without verifying his sources? Piss-poor.
he must be related to some of the people that are registered here... lol

Seek
01-26-2009, 09:07 AM

That is what Forum is for. It is a place to speculate and discuss possibilities for something we all have in common. The freaking reporters do this for a living. A lot of the time in Twitlocks instance, He actually thinks they can help influence a decision by convincing his readers that his opinon is absolutely the truth and that the Chiefs (CP) don't know what they are doing.

nigeriannightmare
01-26-2009, 02:54 PM

The guy has won 2 superbpwls and has won numerous playoff games...what better way to stick it to the donkeys than with the guy that pushed them over the top. Get over it, if and when he signs he becomes a chief first and foremost. Neil Smith had no problem leaving the Chiefs for Denver time for a little retribution.

Seek
01-26-2009, 05:51 PM
The guy has won 2 superbpwls and has won numerous playoff games...what better way to stick it to the donkeys than with the guy that pushed them over the top. Get over it, if and when he signs he becomes a chief first and foremost. Neil Smith had no problem leaving the Chiefs for Denver time for a little retribution.

I hate Neil Smith for that. Just because a coach won a superbowl two times before does not mean, they will or can repeat that again. You can look at DV as an example of that. Fact of the matter Shanarate got canned in Denver. He was struggling to make the play offs in Denver, so why do you want a hated Rival who struggled for our competition here?

nigeriannightmare
01-26-2009, 07:33 PM
I hate Neil Smith for that. Just because a coach won a superbowl two times before does not mean, they will or can repeat that again. You can look at DV as an example of that. Fact of the matter Shanarate got canned in Denver. He was struggling to make the play offs in Denver, so why do you want a hated Rival who struggled for our competition here?

It's the mentality of the team that's gonna change. DV won a superbowl with 2 different teams and did us pretty good justice for the time he was here. That can be up for debate. But Shanahan is one of the games greatest coaches any team who simply doesn't want because of where he coached is dumb, IMO.

I believe the head coach of New England got fired in Cleveland and look where he is now. Maybe Shanahan just needs some new scenery and the same can happen for him. I can't believe the simpole fact that he's WAS a donkey, who got fired, is reason to not want him as a coach.

FYI, If John Elway wanted to be a chief I would have been all for it.