PDA

View Full Version : Herms Gone, Is Cowher Out?

okikcfan
01-24-2009, 02:54 PM
Now that Herms is gone, I would say that pretty much closes the deal for bringing Cowher in as HC next year. You can't bring Haley in for only a year and say sorry, didn't work out... So I am guessing Cowher was never on the table. Not too many people will sign a one year contract, it's just not worth it. Unless? What do you think?

Sn@keIze
01-24-2009, 03:14 PM
If we do get Cowher then Cowher will want to have to come back to coaching..

right now hes seems pretty content just analyzing..

Cowhers not coming back any time soon, maybe 2010..

hometeam
01-24-2009, 03:52 PM
All signs point to - yes he is out

All hope points to - no he is not out

greg3564
01-24-2009, 06:55 PM
Cowher's reason for staying put is his daughter is in high school and she graduates this year. But that still doesn't guarantee he will even come back to coach. Once those guys get in the broadcasting booth, life is pretty easy compared to being a head coach. Quite honestly, I'll be content with anyone(other than Gailey) that Pioli picks for head coach. I like Haley, although he lacks definitive head coaching experience. I like Shanahan too. I'd take Shanahan's career winning percentage of .616 over Herm's .488 anyday.

Chiefster
01-24-2009, 07:22 PM
I would take either or. I like Haley, I like Cowher even more. I can't stand Shanarat but he is a good head coach.

Coach
01-24-2009, 11:05 PM
All signs point to - yes he is out

All hope points to - no he is not out

Exactly.

texaschief
01-24-2009, 11:14 PM
They said on NFLN that Cowher is the name at the top of the list. But they didn't say whether or not Cowher would be interested.

Coach
01-24-2009, 11:18 PM
They said on NFLN that Cowher is the name at the top of the list. But they didn't say whether or not Cowher would be interested.

He hasn't specifically said no to the Chiefs job, but he did say on the Rome show a couple of days ago that he won't coach until his daughter graduates which I believe is next year.

I think it would be very unlikely at this point that he could be named as the coach. But I'm still hopeful.

texaschief
01-24-2009, 11:22 PM
If the Chiefs got some guarantee from Cowher that he'd accept the job next season, I think the Chiefs will wait and keep Gailey for the interim.

Coach
01-24-2009, 11:24 PM
If the Chiefs got some guarantee from Cowher that he'd accept the job next season, I think the Chiefs will wait and keep Gailey for the interim.
At this point, it's probably the best case scenario for Chief fans wanting Cowher.

texaschief
01-24-2009, 11:28 PM
The graduation thing doesn't make sense to me. She's got, what, 5 months left in high school? If you were planning to take a job next season and the job you want is open THIS year, why would you put your future team in a hole by not accepting the job this season?

greg3564
01-24-2009, 11:35 PM
The graduation thing doesn't make sense to me. She's got, what, 5 months left in high school? If you were planning to take a job next season and the job you want is open THIS year, why would you put your future team in a hole by not accepting the job this season?

Who says he wants a job this year.

Pro_Angler
01-25-2009, 01:10 PM
And who say's he want's to coach the chiefs??

Bike
01-25-2009, 01:59 PM
And who say's he want's to coach the chiefs??
And who's to say Pioli wants him here...:sign0153: :drunkhb:

Pro_Angler
01-25-2009, 05:54 PM
And who's to say Pioli wants him here...:sign0153: :drunkhb:

I'm sure he want's him here like we all do. he would give the team the toughness it needs especially on the defensive side. It will not hapen this year that is almost for certain. I think for him to come here in 2010 would depend on what we do next year.

theaxeeffect4311
01-25-2009, 06:22 PM
I'm sure he want's him here like we all do. he would give the team the toughness it needs especially on the defensive side. It will not hapen this year that is almost for certain. I think for him to come here in 2010 would depend on what we do next year.

Plus, if Pioli does want the Chiefs to switch to a 3-4 defense, then Cowher would be a great coach to do that. So I have to think that Pioli would be interested in him. We will have to see how this turns out. I would have to think that the Chiefs should at least make Cowher an offer.