PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts and Prayers for Guru!

Chiefster
01-24-2009, 11:19 PM
Hey Crowd family I wanted to let you all know that Guru was involved in a pretty serious auto accident. The facts as I know them are that he was struck by a pickup truck running a Stop sign.

I remember three things specifically.

1. seeing the truck out of the corner of my eye right before it hit.
2. seeing the pavement come right up to my windshield during the roll.
3. hearing my youngest in the back seat say "I think my arm is broken"

Needless to say, the third one scared me more than the first two.

He turned out to be fine though. Just a minor bruise.

Crap. Off to the ER for me. My eye is giving me fits. Hopefully its nothing.

No joy. AFter the ER trip they could not remove the object. Now it is worse and I can't even close my eye to sleep. Hopefully an ophthalmologist can get me in ASAP this morning.

Of all the injuries to occur after this accident I get this one.

I'd like us all to get behind our Chiefs brother here!

Thoughts and prayers for you and your little Guru!

Big Daddy Tek
01-25-2009, 12:04 AM
God bless Guru. Hope the youngster is OK.

Guru
01-25-2009, 12:07 AM
Both the boys are fine. My eye is healing thankfully. Will have a permanent scar on my eyeball but at least not in my field of vision.

Here are pics of the aftermath...

Pictures by kcchiefsguru - Photobucket (http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii69/kcchiefsguru/)

Chiefster
01-25-2009, 12:09 AM
Geeezzzz! Was the guy drunk or just not watching what the heck he was doing?

Big Daddy Tek
01-25-2009, 12:19 AM
Both the boys are fine. My eye is healing thankfully. Will have a permanent scar on my eyeball but at least not in my field of vision.

Pictures by kcchiefsguru - Photobucket (http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii69/kcchiefsguru/)

You can still compete with Thigster for the starting job next year!

Chiefster
01-25-2009, 12:21 AM
You can still compete with Thigster for the starting job next year!

Well he is Guru ya know!

tornadospotter
01-25-2009, 01:11 AM

Glad everybody is ok! Nothing worse than being in a accident with your family.

Canada
01-25-2009, 09:43 AM
Glad to hear youare all doing OK!!

Vandelay
01-25-2009, 11:37 AM
Well wishes to you and your family Guru.

Bike
01-25-2009, 01:57 PM
From the looks of that car, its a blessing everyone is ok.
Good luck to you and yours Guru...

Guru
01-25-2009, 02:13 PM
Geeezzzz! Was the guy drunk or just not watching what the heck he was doing?
He wasn't drunk but I am betting he was using his cell phone.

AkChief49
01-25-2009, 06:46 PM
Sorry to hear about this Guru. Looks like he t-boned you good. VERY GOOD to hear the family is o.k. Thank God for that! Hope the eye is feeling better. I am of the opinion that a ticket should be issued every time a cop sees a cell phone to someone's ear while driving. What ever happened to both hands on the wheel? God bless and speedy recovery!!

m0ef0e
01-26-2009, 11:28 AM
Glad to year the young 'uns are ok. Hope your eye gets better soon, Guru.

chiefnut
01-26-2009, 01:34 PM
THANK GOD, no one seriously hurt, hope you & your son heal quickly...physicaly & emotionaly

Canada
01-26-2009, 01:51 PM
Sorry to hear about this Guru. Looks like he t-boned you good. VERY GOOD to hear the family is o.k. Thank God for that! Hope the eye is feeling better. I am of the opinion that a ticket should be issued every time a cop sees a cell phone to someone's ear while driving. What ever happened to both hands on the wheel? God bless and speedy recovery!!

Its illegal to talk on a cell phone while driving in Canada (unless you have hands free) This is a good expamle why, Ihave seen a ton of them. Just glad that Guru and family are OK. :bananen_smilies046:

Guru
01-26-2009, 02:05 PM
Its illegal to talk on a cell phone while driving in Canada (unless you have hands free) This is a good expamle why, Ihave seen a ton of them. Just glad that Guru and family are OK. :bananen_smilies046:I would love to see a law like that enacted in the US.

Canada
01-26-2009, 02:23 PM
I would love to see a law like that enacted in the US.

It just went into effect recently so it may follow along in the US soon. You Americans all want to be like Canada!! :D

YZILLA
01-26-2009, 08:33 PM
My prayers are with you and your Family Brother ! Im glad I get the chance to have a beer with ya at the Home Opener !

rbedgood
01-26-2009, 09:24 PM

Glad you and the kids are okay...but have to confess I was kind of hoping for a picture of the eye with fragment sticking out.

I am a sicko...

Hayvern
01-26-2009, 11:03 PM
Hang in there man, I am glad to hear that everyone is alright.

hardcorechiefsfan
01-27-2009, 12:00 AM

I was horrified to hear about yet another wreck that could of been prevented if someone would of waited until they got home before talking to someone on their cellphone, but I'm relieved that you and your family made it out ok.
I thought that using cellphones while driving WAS illegal here but people still do it. I've known alot of people who died while using a cell phone and driving. Guru, you were very lucky to come out of it with just a scarred eyeball for life.

Guru
01-27-2009, 12:16 AM
It just went into effect recently so it may follow along in the US soon. You Americans all want to be like Canada!! :D You know, as much as we like to make fun of it, you have a good thing going up there.

My prayers are with you and your Family Brother ! Im glad I get the chance to have a beer with ya at the Home Opener !Looking forward to it bud.

Glad you and the kids are okay...but have to confess I was kind of hoping for a picture of the eye with fragment sticking out.

I am a sicko...Yes, you are a sicko.:lol: Whats funny is that you would never know I had an eye problem by looking at it. The first few days it was red as hell. It looks good now but still causes me some minor pain every now and then. Hopefully that will fade sooner rather than later. I have my eye doctor on call.

Guru
01-27-2009, 12:17 AM
I was horrified to hear about yet another wreck that could of been prevented if someone would of waited until they got home before talking to someone on their cellphone, but I'm relieved that you and your family made it out ok.
I thought that using cellphones while driving WAS illegal here but people still do it. I've known alot of people who died while using a cell phone and driving. Guru, you were very lucky to come out of it with just a scarred eyeball for life. You found a way to make it sound really bad and really good at the same time. :sign0098:

Chiefster
01-27-2009, 11:06 PM

That too would not surprise me.

Its illegal to talk on a cell phone while driving in Canada (unless you have hands free) This is a good expamle why, Ihave seen a ton of them. Just glad that Guru and family are OK. :bananen_smilies046:

Absolutely agreed!

Hayvern
01-27-2009, 11:28 PM
We have that law in California too, it really doesn't stop too many people though.

spiman
01-27-2009, 11:55 PM
Text'n law is next in Cali.. Cell phones r evil..

Hayvern
01-28-2009, 12:12 AM
Text'n law is next in Cali.. Cell phones r evil..

That actually went into place on January 1

Guru
01-28-2009, 12:28 AM
I can't believe people text while driving. That is worse than talking on the damn phone while driving.

Hayvern
01-28-2009, 01:45 AM
I can't believe people text while driving. That is worse than talking on the damn phone while driving.

You would not believe some of the things I have seen people do while driving in California. I recently saw a guy literally reading a newspaper while tooling along at 55 miles per hour the other day!

N TX Dave
01-28-2009, 10:48 AM
You would not believe some of the things I have seen people do while driving in California. I recently saw a guy literally reading a newspaper while tooling along at 55 miles per hour the other day!

I once saw a guy getting a BJ driving down the Nimitz at 60MPH in Oakland.
:sign0098:

Coach
01-28-2009, 12:19 PM

Exactly what I was thinking when I read what happened. I'm glad to hear you and the kids are OK. Having an accident with your kids in the car has to be one of the worst fears of any parent.

As a child, I was in a head-on accident with my sister and mother in the car. Scary stuff.

I drive for a living so I see the craziest crap on the road. People putting on mascara, curling their hair, electric shavers, bj's, masturbation, sleeping, reading newspapers.. I've seen a lot of stupid crap. But about 6-7 years ago, I saw something that I still remember vividly.

I was on a 4-lane road. I looked over at the car to my right that was going in the same direction as me. The guy was driving by himself. He screwed the top off of a half-gallon of vodka and proceeded to fill his coffee mug with vodka as he was driving down the road next to me. Here's the kicker, although I'm not sure it makes any difference, it was 7:30 AM.

It is really hard to not your lose patience with other drivers when you drive as much as I do. Just yesterday, I almost rear-ended a woman in Cincinnati who though it would be a good idea to come to a complete stop in the middle lane of an interstate.

Glad to hear everything is OK.

KCCAT21
01-28-2009, 05:15 PM
Glad to hear you and yours are ok Guru.

Guru
01-28-2009, 07:51 PM
Exactly what I was thinking when I read what happened. I'm glad to hear you and the kids are OK. Having an accident with your kids in the car has to be one of the worst fears of any parent.

As a child, I was in a head-on accident with my sister and mother in the car. Scary stuff.

I drive for a living so I see the craziest crap on the road. People putting on mascara, curling their hair, electric shavers, bj's, masturbation, sleeping, reading newspapers.. I've seen a lot of stupid crap. But about 6-7 years ago, I saw something that I still remember vividly.

I was on a 4-lane road. I looked over at the car to my right that was going in the same direction as me. The guy was driving by himself. He screwed the top off of a half-gallon of vodka and proceeded to fill his coffee mug with vodka as he was driving down the road next to me. Here's the kicker, although I'm not sure it makes any difference, it was 7:30 AM.

It is really hard to not your lose patience with other drivers when you drive as much as I do. Just yesterday, I almost rear-ended a woman in Cincinnati who though it would be a good idea to come to a complete stop in the middle lane of an interstate.

Glad to hear everything is OK.Damn. People are stupid.

Chiefster
01-31-2009, 03:28 AM

Wow! just wow!

prough91
01-31-2009, 04:53 PM

Come on, Canada was a little stressed that day and you know how he is when his blood alcohol gets low.