PDA

View Full Version : Things weren't always this bad!!

Big Daddy Tek
01-26-2009, 01:34 AM
Well, I watched a seven minute highlight of Priest Holmes in 2003 on you tube and it made me pretty damn happy. I almost forgot what it was like. I was gonna put it on here but the embed didnt work and I couldnt figure it out.

texaschief
01-26-2009, 01:37 AM
:sign0153:

Hayvern
01-26-2009, 02:45 AM
Well, I watched a seven minute highlight of Priest Holmes in 2003 on you tube and it made me pretty damn happy. I almost forgot what it was like. I was gonna put it on here but the embed didnt work and I couldnt figure it out.

A simple link should be easy enough!

Three7s
01-26-2009, 03:28 AM
I'm pretty sure this is the same video Tek's talking about.

Priest in all his glory!

YouTube - Priest Holmes Highlights 2003

jimmphue
01-26-2009, 04:13 AM
Tony Richadrson deserves alot credit. He is freakin awsome!

Sn@keIze
01-26-2009, 05:17 AM
Ahhh, those were the days (for Offense). ya i miss ol Priest too..

Check out the block Trent Green made right at 3 minutes and 15 secs. into the video..

SUhhhweeeet!

brish
01-26-2009, 06:43 AM
Awesome!

That leaping touchdown was the first TD i ever saw in the first game i ever saw.. It was then i though: "Damn that looked awesome! What game is that?". I've been a football and Chiefs fan ever since.. Mind you I live on the other side of the planet, and it isn't until recent years, that football has been on tv regularly here in Denmark. Atleast not at watchable hours of the day.. :yahoo:

slc chief
01-26-2009, 07:47 AM
the dude was bad tony richardson was bad the whole o-line was bad damn those were the days

Pro_Angler
01-26-2009, 08:57 AM
the dude was bad tony richardson was bad the whole o-line was bad damn those were the days

QFT we need another great full back can that lead block

honda522
01-26-2009, 10:29 AM
I miss Priest so much, I'd take him of LJ any day. If he had not been injured and injury prone, he would of been the best running back in the history of the NFL.

chiefnut
01-26-2009, 10:32 AM
well Brish, glad to have you on board. i don't know if there has ever been a Dane in the nfl, but the CHIEFS had a Norwegan...Jan Stenerud greatest kicker in CHIEFS history and a member of the Pro Football Hall Of Fame. the story goes that while he was in college, i believe it was Minnesota when his friend convinced him to tryout as a walkon. his friend had him practice kicking from a tee, he really didn't know anything about american football. when he got to the practice he tee'd it at the fifty and kicked it straight thru the uprights with room to spare. when he saw the shock on the faces of the coaches, he thought he had done something wrong and was ready to leave. needles to say they didn't let him and the rest is history.

brish
01-26-2009, 12:02 PM
well Brish, glad to have you on board. i don't know if there has ever been a Dane in the nfl, but the CHIEFS had a Norwegan...Jan Stenerud greatest kicker in CHIEFS history and a member of the Pro Football Hall Of Fame. the story goes that while he was in college, i believe it was Minnesota when his friend convinced him to tryout as a walkon. his friend had him practice kicking from a tee, he really didn't know anything about american football. when he got to the practice he tee'd it at the fifty and kicked it straight thru the uprights with room to spare. when he saw the shock on the faces of the coaches, he thought he had done something wrong and was ready to leave. needles to say they didn't let him and the rest is history.

All I can say is. Morten Andersen! Most points ever scored.. ring a bell? hehe :D

chiefnut
01-26-2009, 12:13 PM
All I can say is. Morten Andersen! Most points ever scored.. ring a bell? hehe :D

I didn't know is was a native of Denmark, i learned something today. although i still think Jan was still the greatest CHIEFS kicker.:D

Chief4Ever&Ever
01-26-2009, 12:14 PM
Those were the days!! Chiefs were a force to be reckoned with! We will get there again!!

Never give up!! Never stop believing!!!

chiefnut
01-26-2009, 12:24 PM
Those were the days!! Chiefs were a force to be reckoned with! We will get there again!!

Never give up!! Never stop believing!!!

that's what being a CHIEFS fan really is, knowing that with just the addition of that missing piece, going to our third super bowl is just around the corner. and being there to cheer them on all the way.:yahoo:

Chief Tyler
01-26-2009, 01:22 PM
Man, look at that line, and Richardson beastin it up. Those were some good days, even if we didn't win any postseason games.

chiefnut
01-26-2009, 01:41 PM
heck that was a great line and ARROWHEAD was feared by all, nearly impossible for a visiting to eek out a win. i go back even farther all the way to beginning. i love the story Buck Buchannon told about in his rookiie year. he sacked lamonica and helped him up, Stram met him as soon as he came off the field, grabbed him by the arm and yelled " I pay you to knock him down, let his guys pick him up!" now those were the best old days.

m0ef0e
01-26-2009, 05:14 PM
Stenerud is considered by man to be the best kicker of all time.

honda522
01-26-2009, 10:12 PM
Part of me wonders how much the loss of Richardson meant to the Chiefs. If we had a good fullback and line, Jamal would look kinda like Preist, but you cant EVER beat Priest.

Coach
01-26-2009, 11:45 PM

Just post the url. There is no need to embed the code.

xxkourtneyxx
01-27-2009, 01:53 AM
dam i didnt know green could block lol

Big Daddy Tek
01-27-2009, 02:01 AM
I'm pretty sure this is the same video Tek's talking about.

Priest in all his glory!

YouTube - Priest Holmes Highlights 2003 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oMO9CfG03A)

yeah, thats it Vern. Great times.