PDA

View Full Version : Herm signed as ESPN Analyst

OPLookn
01-29-2009, 03:09 PM
Well I guess now he can tell the entire country he doesn't know why a team isn't winning. To bad we can't take what ESPN is paying him and subtract it what we had to pay him for booting him out....

ESPN signs Herm Edwards - Kansas City Star (http://www.kansascity.com/news/breaking_news/story/1007315.html)

Nel Toille
01-29-2009, 03:16 PM
I'll be interested to see if Herm ever has an opinion on anything now that he has no ties with any organization. He used to bore me to death when he was on TV while still coaching for the Chiefs because they'd ask him a question and he was always so on the fence about everything.

hermhater
01-29-2009, 03:18 PM
Another one of these threads?

Geez...

Codac
01-29-2009, 03:52 PM
Thats cool. I'm happy for the guy. He is doing something he will be good at.

Chief Tyler
01-29-2009, 04:37 PM
I guess that means we won't have our star DB coach.

127markaz
01-29-2009, 04:44 PM
If Herm's history teaches us anything, ESPN's ratings will tank.

Sn@keIze
01-29-2009, 08:11 PM
I just cant wait to see the coors light commercials.

slc chief
01-29-2009, 08:28 PM
this tells me one thing herms deepest passion is not coaching.if he was purely enjoying and trying to be the best coach he could be he would not be a brodcaster at his age.he never had the chiefs best interest on top of his aggenda this whole year, so screw you herm i am glad you are gone and i hope you are happy behind your desk you set this franchise back big time

yashi
01-29-2009, 08:50 PM
this tells me one thing herms deepest passion is not coaching.if he was purely enjoying and trying to be the best coach he could be he would not be a brodcaster at his age.he never had the chiefs best interest on top of his aggenda this whole year, so screw you herm i am glad you are gone and i hope you are happy behind your desk you set this franchise back big time
so I assume you feel the same way about Bill Cowher?

slc chief
01-29-2009, 09:50 PM

no because bill cowher is actually a great coach and really does not have to prove that he knows what he is talking about.he has earned respect from fans like you and i .sperm edwards on the other hand is like listening to matt millen tell people how to build a franchise.all i am saying is that if herm had the fire to be a succesfull coach in this league he would have become a defensive coordinator and made his presents felt around the league. but that is what got us where we are at herm does not have the drive needed to be a good nfl coach

hometeam
01-29-2009, 10:55 PM
They could have used a cardboard cutout and got the same reactions that he will give "................................................."

tornadospotter
01-30-2009, 12:11 AM
I just cant wait to see the coors light commercials.
And I like coors lite,,,,,, this will suck:mob:

Hayvern
01-30-2009, 12:24 AM

Seriously, these are two different scenarios. Cowher LEFT he was not fired, he RETIRED. Herm on the other hand was FIRED. Completely different scenarios!

hermhater
01-30-2009, 01:25 AM
If Herm's history teaches us anything, ESPN's ratings will tank.

:lol:

partysan
01-30-2009, 01:26 AM
He has just the right caliber expertise required for a job with ESPN.

Three7s
01-30-2009, 02:40 AM
And I like coors lite,,,,,, this will suck:mob:
Actually, I'm looking forward to their commercials if they do one on Herm. Just imagine what they could come up with! You play to win the game! Hello?!

dbolan
01-30-2009, 09:45 AM
He is doing what he is best at...Selling himself. The ONLY reason ESPN hired him was simply for "show".

He is a master bullsh*tter and getting a gig at ESPN just solidifies that fact through and through.

For Pete's sake...Why not hire Gruden or Shottenheimer or Holmgren....At least you would have someone there that has a reasonable amount (or more) of credibility.

I like one of the previous posts that insinuated a drop in ESPN rankings due to HErm being their...LOL! Ironically enough, the ratings will probably go up just to hear a LOSER babble on and on and on! lmao

Bike
01-30-2009, 12:29 PM
He has just the right caliber expertise required for a job with ESPN.
Yep. Maybe Herm, Kiper, and Mort can team up.
Herm for extensive game time analysis.:sign0153:
Kiper for extensive draft analysys.:sign0153:
Mort for extensive nfl news.:sign0153:
:drunkhb: :drunkhb: :drunkhb: :drunkhb:
Aside the team Herm produced in KC, this will have to go on record as the most inept team ever produced.

prough91
01-31-2009, 05:21 PM
Herm has done analyst work before for ESPN and he was pretty good actually. He will never ever do a Coors Light commercial.

Hayvern
01-31-2009, 05:30 PM
Herm has done analyst work before for ESPN and he was pretty good actually. He will never ever do a Coors Light commercial.

But couldn't you see it already:

Fan: Hey Coach, Jim here is trying to steal my cold Coor's Light!

Coach: "That's life, get over it!"

prough91
01-31-2009, 05:35 PM
But couldn't you see it already:

Fan: Hey Coach, Jim here is trying to steal my cold Coor's Light!

Coach: "That's life, get over it!"

Lol, I didn't say it wouldn't make for a funny commercial, just that Herm wouldn't do it!