PDA

View Full Version : running back depth

chief31
07-25-2007, 08:56 AM
It appears we might not have seen the last of Priest Holmes in Kansas City. According to a report from 610 Sports in Kansas City, Holmes is planning a comeback. If true, this makes things very interesting for Larry Johnson and the Chiefs. When the report broke late Tuesday evening, league sources confirmed it’s probable that if Holmes is medically cleared, he’ll show up sometime in the first three of four days of training camp next week. The addition of Holmes would put a cramp in KC’s contract talks with Alvin Keels, Johnson’s agent. Granted, Priest doesn’t really fit into Herm Edwards’ plans, but nonetheless he’d make a solid third-down back. This news most likely won’t sit well with Johnson, considering he’s going to hold out. With Holmes back, he needs to tread carefully or his value may decrease in the eyes of the organization. That means trade talks with the Green Bay Packers could intensify over the next week.

Source: Nick Athan, Warpaint Illustrated (http://chiefs.scout.com/2/661376.html)

Just thought I would post this, as it is still possible.

DrunkHillbilly
07-25-2007, 10:33 AM
It appears we might not have seen the last of Priest Holmes in Kansas City. According to a report from 610 Sports in Kansas City, Holmes is planning a comeback. If true, this makes things very interesting for Larry Johnson and the Chiefs. When the report broke late Tuesday evening, league sources confirmed it’s probable that if Holmes is medically cleared, he’ll show up sometime in the first three of four days of training camp next week. The addition of Holmes would put a cramp in KC’s contract talks with Alvin Keels, Johnson’s agent. Granted, Priest doesn’t really fit into Herm Edwards’ plans, but nonetheless he’d make a solid third-down back. This news most likely won’t sit well with Johnson, considering he’s going to hold out. With Holmes back, he needs to tread carefully or his value may decrease in the eyes of the organization. That means trade talks with the Green Bay Packers could intensify over the next week.

Source: Nick Athan, Warpaint Illustrated (http://chiefs.scout.com/2/661376.html)

Just thought I would post this, as it is still possible.

I really hope this doesn't happen. Priest is D U N!!! This would just be a distraction that we don't need.

m0ef0e
07-25-2007, 11:56 AM
I love Priest. He seems to me like the kind of guy that would admit it if he feels he can't perform. If he is cleared to come back, I would love to see Priest back on the field. Let's see, he's an awesome runner who smells the end zone like a blood hound chasing a bleeding skunk. He's a good receiver out of the backfield and, oh yea, he's better at picking up a blitz than LJ.

Chiefster
07-25-2007, 07:22 PM
I too am skeptical of a comeback from Priest, but a part of me actually hopes he can.

Canada
07-25-2007, 07:55 PM
I really hope this doesn't happen. Priest is D U N!!! This would just be a distraction that we don't need.

LJ is a distraction that we don't need, but you love him!

Chiefster
07-25-2007, 08:57 PM
Canada, what did you blow all your ArrowCash on?

Canada
07-25-2007, 09:01 PM
You wait and see who the starting QB is and then check out how much cash i got!! All eggs 1 Basket!! I am gonna be an Arrowcash millionaire...of a hobo!! Hey!! I am being pessimistic again!! Whee or woop or hoot!! Whatever it is :)

Chiefster
07-25-2007, 09:29 PM
WOOT! dude WOOT! :D

wolfpack
07-25-2007, 10:27 PM
there is no freaking way queen carl is dumb enough,even for him, to use the return of holmes as leverage against lj. not a 34 year old back who hasnt played in 2 years. holmes is riding on his past now. he`ll have yo prove himself all over again.

Chiefster
07-25-2007, 10:35 PM
there is no freaking way queen carl is dumb enough,even for him, to use the return of holmes as leverage against lj. not a 34 year old back who hasnt played in 2 years. holmes is riding on his past now. he`ll have yo prove himself all over again.

Agreed.

Nite Crowd!

Coach
07-25-2007, 10:52 PM
I'd love to see Priest come back. I loved how he could catch out of the backfield. He could be a great 3rd down back.

Canada
07-25-2007, 10:55 PM
I'd love to see Priest come back. I loved how he could catch out of the backfield. He could be a great 3rd down back.

Exactly...I am not lookin for him to replace LJ, but I would like to see him get some playing time, after that...we will have to wait and see what happens.

stlchief
07-26-2007, 12:03 AM
I think Priest just cemented LJ's demise (unless LJ has an attitude adjustment and comes to the table w/ realistic #'s now).

We want to get younger. We have some young RB's. What will they learn from LJ? Not much - be strong and run N&S. What can they learn from Priest? How to wait for your blocking to develop. How to pick up a blitz. How to get open and hold on to the ball. How to run in the open field.

I think the odds just increased that LJ heads to GB.

Maybe we don't win as many games this year, but draft picks and more salary cap room for a young growing team in '08.

And I still wouldn't count us out in '07.

Now if LJ stays at a reasonable price, then as long as Holmes hands didn't get old, I think the team just got a lot better....

DrunkHillbilly
07-26-2007, 12:48 AM
Priest is only doin this to collect his money. He might not play a down!

Chiefster
07-26-2007, 01:17 AM
I think Priest just cemented LJ's demise (unless LJ has an attitude adjustment and comes to the table w/ realistic #'s now).

We want to get younger. We have some young RB's. What will they learn from LJ? Not much - be strong and run N&S. What can they learn from Priest? How to wait for your blocking to develop. How to pick up a blitz. How to get open and hold on to the ball. How to run in the open field.

I think the odds just increased that LJ heads to GB.

Maybe we don't win as many games this year, but draft picks and more salary cap room for a young growing team in '08.

And I still wouldn't count us out in '07.

Now if LJ stays at a reasonable price, then as long as Holmes hands didn't get old, I think the team just got a lot better....

I hope I'm wrong, but I think we probably go 8-8.

chief31
07-26-2007, 02:08 AM

Of course this is leverage. Not a whole lot, but still, every little bit helps.

luv
07-26-2007, 03:50 AM
Is this where I should talk about IF Priest plays, will we need Bennett? Do you think we should have two veteran players as backup RB's when we have fresh, young talent in Smith? This is assuming LJ doesn't get traded. THat's a whole other topic, though.

chief31
07-26-2007, 04:12 AM
Welcome aboard, Luv. Hope to hear from ya early and often.

luv
07-26-2007, 04:16 AM
Count on it. I have no life. :)

Guru
07-26-2007, 04:17 AM

You know not what you say.

Chiefster
07-26-2007, 05:27 AM
Count on it. I have no life. :)

I knew we had more in common then being mere Chiefs fans! LOL!