PDA

View Full Version : Thank GOD Haley has no plans to meet with KC...

Pro_Angler
02-02-2009, 07:56 PM
TYTYTYTYTYTYTY

Todd Haley Has No Plans to Interview with Chiefs --
Mon Feb 2, 2009 --from FFMastermind.com
The Kansas City Star reports if the Chiefs plan to introduce a new head coach this week, it doesn't look as if Cardinals OC Todd Haley is too interested. ... Asked whether he had plans to interview in Kansas City this week, Haley said: "I have no plans. The quarterback and receivers have invited a bunch of us to go to the Pro Bowl. That's what I'm thinking about. It might take my mind off of this right now." Haley said he has not had any communication with Chiefs GM Scott Pioli, with whom he worked with the New York Jets in the 1990s. "As I've said for the last two weeks, my focus has been on this game, which is the biggest game I've ever been involved in," Haley said. "That is what I have told my agent, to not talk to anybody, and that's what I've done."

jap1
02-02-2009, 08:10 PM
TYTYTYTYTYTYTY

The Kansas City Star reports if the Chiefs plan to introduce a new head coach this week, it doesn't look as if Cardinals OC Todd Haley is too interested. ... Asked whether he had plans to interview in Kansas City this week, Haley said: "I have no plans. The quarterback and receivers have invited a bunch of us to go to the Pro Bowl. That's what I'm thinking about. It might take my mind off of this right now." Haley said he has not had any communication with Chiefs GM Scott Pioli, with whom he worked with the New York Jets in the 1990s. "As I've said for the last two weeks, my focus has been on this game, which is the biggest game I've ever been involved in," Haley said. "That is what I have told my agent, to not talk to anybody, and that's what I've done."

Thats funny, because i read on ESPN's rumor page that Mortensen said Haley had already been talking to Chiefs "front office personnel" last week. But after the whole Shanahan thing, I dont think I believe anything Mortensen says about KC.

theaxeeffect4311
02-02-2009, 08:31 PM
Thats funny, because i read on ESPN's rumor page that Mortensen said Haley had already been talking to Chiefs "front office personnel" last week. But after the whole Shanahan thing, I dont think I believe anything Mortensen says about KC.

If we were following Mort, then we would have Cowher, Shanahan, and Haley as our head coach.

But I think it's funny that Haley does not want to interview for a head coaching job. Unless Pioli has already made a deal with him, I'm glad Haley will be heading to Hawaii as Pioli chooses someone else as the head coach.

MoJ
02-02-2009, 08:35 PM
No plans? Hmmmm...better read this

http://www.southtownstar.com/sports/1408782,020209sptsupernb.article

Sn@keIze
02-02-2009, 09:10 PM
Im really starting to like Mort.

If hes says we're getting somebody at least we no thats who we're not going to get.:D

Coach
02-02-2009, 10:20 PM

If hes says we're getting somebody at least we no thats who we're not going to get.:D

Mortenson may be be good at breaking down tape and player evaluation. At least I think he is. But he doesn't have a clue when it comes to reporting, and I think that is the mistake he has made. Just because you are a good analyst, it doesn't mean you are a good reporter.

Chiefster
02-02-2009, 11:53 PM
The head coach of the Kansas City Chiefs will be.....

Whoever Hunt and Pioli decide upon.

Seek
02-03-2009, 08:08 AM
I have learned specially with Herm that coaches say one thing and mean another. He has no plans to talk to the Chiefs, but then he will come out and say. I had no plans to talk the Chiefs because they didn't contact me. Well they did, so my plans changed.

Or I have no plans to interview, because I already did, but I can't say that because then people will blame me for NOT being focused on the superbowl.

The media is a PR tool for the NFL. Until we hire a coach, you have to look at every report skeptically yet with some sort of value to it. Specially if it is a person who is known.

KU4LIFE
02-03-2009, 12:27 PM
Mortensen seems to have no clue whats going on in KC.

Nel Toille
02-03-2009, 12:42 PM

Who is to say that Schefter was right and Mort wasn't? I bet you anything this is what happened: The Chiefs probably at least tried to contact Shanny. He probably said "No thanks" or "I'm not interested in talking right now, maybe later" or something to that effect. The Chiefs said "Alright, don't tell anyone we had this talk or else you'll wake up dead" blah blah blah. Now I bet Mort caught wind of the fact that the Chiefs tried to contact him and broke the story under the assumption that a deal had already been done, however, as far as he and the rest of us are concerned, nothing ever happened. Schefter is just as wrong on this, though, because he didn't know any more than the rest of us. We were all lied to about whatever happened and now everyone looks like an idiot, IMHO.

dbolan
02-03-2009, 02:06 PM
"He has no plans to talk to the Chiefs". Hence, the word "plans".

Money talks....He will come to KC and he will keep his home in AZ with the custom swimming pool while his wife will stay there, counts the money with their five kids, gets serviced by the pool guy, files for divorce all while Todd coaches in KC and gets a new hottie GF! lmao!

Canada
02-03-2009, 03:31 PM
TYTYTYTYTYTYTY

So this is now third hand information? Are these the mandatory kinds of sources you want so badly?

jap1
02-03-2009, 05:53 PM
Who is to say that Schefter was right and Mort wasn't? I bet you anything this is what happened: The Chiefs probably at least tried to contact Shanny. He probably said "No thanks" or "I'm not interested in talking right now, maybe later" or something to that effect. The Chiefs said "Alright, don't tell anyone we had this talk or else you'll wake up dead" blah blah blah. Now I bet Mort caught wind of the fact that the Chiefs tried to contact him and broke the story under the assumption that a deal had already been done, however, as far as he and the rest of us are concerned, nothing ever happened. Schefter is just as wrong on this, though, because he didn't know any more than the rest of us. We were all lied to about whatever happened and now everyone looks like an idiot, IMHO.

Actually Shanahan said that he was never contacted by KC. And Mort later said that too after he retracted his statement. Also, lets say your story is true, it is still irresponsible to say that someone is ready to sign a contract when all you know is that they have talked on the phone.

slc chief
02-03-2009, 06:34 PM
TYTYTYTYTYTYTY

i would not be so sure the chiefs recieved permission today to talk to haley.i am totaly going to put my trust in pioli on our next head coach. being around bellichick for so long i would like to think pioli knows what to look for

Pro_Angler
02-03-2009, 08:55 PM
i POSTED A LEGITIMATE SITE AND STORY!!!!!!

slc chief
02-03-2009, 11:20 PM

this thing with the gm and now the head coach who knows what turn it will take next

Three7s
02-04-2009, 12:00 AM
You can type in caps lock all you want, Haley is gonna be our coach and there's nothing you can do about it.

Chiefster
02-04-2009, 12:14 AM
I have learned specially with Herm that coaches say one thing and mean another. He has no plans to talk to the Chiefs, but then he will come out and say. I had no plans to talk the Chiefs because they didn't contact me. Well they did, so my plans changed.

Or I have no plans to interview, because I already did, but I can't say that because then people will blame me for NOT being focused on the superbowl.

The media is a PR tool for the NFL. Until we hire a coach, you have to look at every report skeptically yet with some sort of value to it. Specially if it is a person who is known.

Couldn't have said it better myself...no, really! :D

Canada
02-04-2009, 08:58 AM

With third hand information.