PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs get permission to speak to Haley

wildcat
02-03-2009, 05:23 PM
The Haley rumors are starting to looking more likely to come true...

Chiefs get permission to speak with Haley | Red Zone (http://chiefsblog.kansascity.com/?q=node/664)

balto
02-03-2009, 05:52 PM
Dammit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Three7s
02-03-2009, 05:58 PM
I was wondering when someone would post this! I heard it about an hour ago on the radio, but couldn't find a source. Thanks!

chief31
02-03-2009, 06:02 PM
The story...

Chiefs get permission to speak with Haley

The Chiefs have received permission from the Arizona Cardinals to interview Todd Haley for their head coaching vacancy, sources said.

It was unclear when or where the meeting between Haley and Chiefs general manager Scott Pioli will take place.

Haley, 42, gained prominence this year as the Cardinals’ offensive coordinator. The Cardinals won the AFC West, had one of the league’s highest-scoring offensive teams and advanced to their first Super Bowl, where they were beaten in the final seconds by the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Haley and Pioli worked together from 1997 through 1999 with the New York Jets, Pioli as the director of pro personnel and Haley as an assistant coach.

The Chiefs were planning to announce their new head coach later this week.

Chiefs get permission to speak with Haley | Red Zone (http://chiefsblog.kansascity.com/?q=node/664)

Hayvern
02-03-2009, 11:50 PM
The story...

Chiefs get permission to speak with Haley

The Chiefs have received permission from the Arizona Cardinals to interview Todd Haley for their head coaching vacancy, sources said.

It was unclear when or where the meeting between Haley and Chiefs general manager Scott Pioli will take place.

Haley, 42, gained prominence this year as the Cardinals’ offensive coordinator. The Cardinals won the AFC West, had one of the league’s highest-scoring offensive teams and advanced to their first Super Bowl, where they were beaten in the final seconds by the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Haley and Pioli worked together from 1997 through 1999 with the New York Jets, Pioli as the director of pro personnel and Haley as an assistant coach.

The Chiefs were planning to announce their new head coach later this week.

I am sure they already talked and this is only a formality. I have no doubt the deal is already done and all is left is to have this "interview" and announce the decision. Which would make my conspiracy theory story right on the mark.

Chiefster
02-04-2009, 12:17 AM
If hired, will he build an offense and ignore the defence??? Hopefully Pioli won't let that happen.

josh1971
02-04-2009, 01:02 AM
grmmph!

I was so hoping this wouldn't be the case, but we'll see what happens from here.

jb

okikcfan
02-04-2009, 01:53 AM
Ya know we have to set back and let Pioli work his plan. I'm sure he has got this all laid out the way he wants it. The HC, the DC and the OC. I know he wants a winning team and I say sit back, relax and watch em go. I have the up most faith in Pioli, it was the fins last year, the Cards this year and I pray it will be the CHIEFS next year!!!!!!!:bananen_smilies046:

brish
02-04-2009, 02:03 AM
They way I see it, it couldn't get much worse than what Herm and Carl did to us last year, so this year is bound to bring improvements..

Haley > (Herm * 10) Nuff said!

KristofLaw
02-04-2009, 04:03 AM
If hired, will he build an offense and ignore the defence??? Hopefully Pioli won't let that happen.
There seems to be alot of noise coming out of Chicago regarding their coaches/coordinators/etc. Mind you it could be speculation but the way the cards seem to be falling...