PDA

View Full Version : putting our trust in pioli

slc chief
02-03-2009, 06:45 PM
this whole haley deal has us chiefs fans divided. some say bring him in others want a big name proven coach(cowher,shanahan,parcells,holmgren)regardless it comes down to who pioli thinks will best lead the chiefs to numerous of victories. i would like to think pioli knows a good coach when he see's one. being around bellichick for so long.this is the best case scenerio that pioli has a diamond in the rough. worst case scenerio would be that none of these proven coaches want to coach this year.and we are stuck with a very weak coaching pool i for one am going to trust piolis choice on this one lets pray to god he gets it right

Three7s
02-03-2009, 06:53 PM
this whole haley deal has us chiefs fans divided. some say bring him in others want a big name proven coach(cowher,shanahan,parcells,holmgren)regardless it comes down to who pioli thinks will best lead the chiefs to numerous of victories. i would like to think pioli knows a good coach when he see's one. being around bellichick for so long.this is the best case scenerio that pioli has a diamond in the rough. worst case scenerio would be that none of these proven coaches want to coach this year.and we are stuck with a very weak coaching pool i for one am going to trust piolis choice on this one lets pray to god he gets it right
I'm all for Haley. All of the people that are whining about it are just scared that he'll be a dud. Well, guess what? Haley has worked with Pioli before and he coached one of the most explosive offenses this season. Oh, that's not enough for you, is it? I guess Cowher and Shanahan CLEARLY STATING THAT THEY ARE NOT INTERESTED IN COACHING THIS SEASON has no effect on your feelings about getting Haley? It's really too bad because this is how most great head coaches start off. Gotta start your legacy somewhere!

slc chief
02-03-2009, 07:02 PM
I'm all for Haley. All of the people that are whining about it are just scared that he'll be a dud. Well, guess what? Haley has worked with Pioli before and he coached one of the most explosive offenses this season. Oh, that's not enough for you, is it? I guess Cowher and Shanahan CLEARLY STATING THAT THEY ARE NOT INTERESTED IN COACHING THIS SEASON has no effect on your feelings about getting Haley? It's really too bad because this is how most great head coaches start off. Gotta start your legacy somewhere!

i am not against haley at all i have came to the realization that cowher and shanahan will NOT COACH THE CHIEFS. i am good with that i like haley. most importantly i believe pioli knows how to find good coaches but the most important part i believe pioli knows how to make a franchise an elite franchise

Three7s
02-03-2009, 07:06 PM
i am not against haley at all i have came to the realization that cowher and shanahan will NOT COACH THE CHIEFS. i am good with that i like haley. most importantly i believe pioli knows how to find good coaches but the most important part i believe pioli knows how to make a franchise an elite franchise
Oh, my post wasn't targeted at you, it was targeted at the people that aren't even willing to give Haley a chance here.

Chieffaninfl
02-03-2009, 07:28 PM
I am for Haley also. The old names are are ok but new blood is the trend, and teams are winning with them. Haley has appeared to improve players at the positions he has coached. Remember it took Cowher 13 seasons to win a super bowl. It took Tomlin 2. Pioli knows what he wants, and how champions are built. I trust in him.

Vandelay
02-03-2009, 07:34 PM
Personally Haley was not my first choice, but its not up to me. I do trust Pioli to hire the right man for the job, so if he hires Haley, I'm on board 100%. But until someone signs on the dotted line, I'm going to hold out hope for Cowher.

N TX Dave
02-03-2009, 08:29 PM
I am not basically all for Haley but I am not against him either. I agree if Pioli picks him then OK with me. I also agree that I am not sure I want a old retread coach even a SB winner (take your pick). I will guarantee you the fans around here will not wait 13 years to get to the SB. If Cower came in and did not build the team and win the SB in 10 years the fans would turn on him like a hungry shark would turn on a lawyer.

Look at Marty ten years of not winning the SB even though we were always in the hunt people were happy he left. Then look at DV he came in as a SB winning coach and scored all kinds of points but because his defense was so bad people were starting to call for his head.

We need a young hungry HC one that is not set in his ways and willing to make the changes that need to make.

chiefsfreak4life
02-03-2009, 10:52 PM
I am for Haley also. The old names are are ok but new blood is the trend, and teams are winning with them. Haley has appeared to improve players at the positions he has coached. Remember it took Cowher 13 seasons to win a super bowl. It took Tomlin 2. Pioli knows what he wants, and how champions are built. I trust in him.

Pioli wants to win. Period. That's what he is used to. He helped build a winning team in New England, but was always under the shadow of Bellichek. Coming to KC, he has the chance to show the world how much of the winning was him. I think he will make the right decisions, and think them thru carefully.

Lazeye
02-04-2009, 03:44 AM
I am all for Haley and do think Pioli and Clark will do something unheard of around here for some time and that is Win a SB in atleast 3 years. IMO

chiefsfreak4life
02-04-2009, 08:16 AM
I am all for Haley and do think Pioli and Clark will do something unheard of around here for some time and that is Win a SB in atleast 3 years. IMO

Oh no! Not another 3 year plan!!:D

dbolan
02-04-2009, 10:05 AM
If you believe Pioli was a great hire for the Chiefs then it is not about trust at this point. It is about support.