PDA

View Full Version : Tony Gonzalez

Chieffaninfl
02-04-2009, 07:49 AM
I am so tired of hearing how TGon wants out of KC. His complaints seem pretty ridiculous. WAH I want a Super Bowl ring. Im sure he is the only one on the team that does. As I recall he complained and moaned until he got a new contract. He got it , and now wants out. The other complaint is we traded Jared Allen. Ill have to admit I was pretty mad when this happened as well, but the fact of the matter is Jared might have raised our poor sack total for the year, and possibly helped us win 1 or 2 more games. But we were deffinately more than 1 player away from making the playoffs. I love Tony he has done so much for our organization, but he needs to quit his *****in. I feel we are on the right track to becoming a playoff team. If Tony keeps complaining I say send him to Detroit, hes not the only 1 wanting a ring all the other players, coaches, and fans do too.

chiefsfreak4life
02-04-2009, 08:11 AM
I haven't heard of any new grumblings by Tony, not since the trade deadline came and went last season. Has there been new info, or are you just going on that?

dbolan
02-04-2009, 08:41 AM
I agree...HE needs to know right now that a SB is not on the horizon for at least 2-3 years.So, he either stays and zips it or demands to leave now. I think Pioli will np it in the bud.

Gonzo to New Orleans! LOL!

jap1
02-04-2009, 08:55 AM
Did you guys hear about his interview after Herm was hired? I think you should read what he said before you start throwing him under the bus. He did not sound at all like he wanted out as bad as people make it sound.

balto
02-04-2009, 09:06 AM
Yahoo Sports' Jason Cole reports that Tony Gonzalez still wants the Chiefs to trade him, "barring a serious change in direction."
Gonzalez is worried GM Scott Pioli will hire Iowa's Kirk Ferentz as head coach. "Yeah, I hear they’re talking to Todd Haley," Gonzo said. "But then there’s this coach from Iowa State, some (expletive) like that and I don’t want to deal with that." Gonzalez believes the Chiefs will have a new coach by Thursday. If the choice isn't to his liking, he might ask to be traded to a contender. Three teams pursued Gonzalez at last October's trade deadline: the Bills, Giants, and Packers. Green Bay had a third-round pick on the table.
Source: Yahoo Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-gonzalez020309&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)

Lets trade Tony and LJ to the Packers for Brohm and there 2nd :)

dbolan
02-04-2009, 09:07 AM
Did you guys hear about his interview after Herm was hired? I think you should read what he said before you start throwing him under the bus. He did not sound at all like he wanted out as bad as people make it sound.

I heard it. He said he wanted to win because his chance to win a SB was closing fast and if it meant going somewhere else he wanted to go. BUT, he did say he wanted to be a Chief all of his life and would like to "see" what the new mgmt is gonna do, so sounds to me like he picked up some communication skills from Herm.

He ain't gonna get to a SB this year or next year. So, he should choose now, IMO.

hometeam
02-04-2009, 09:28 AM
Maybe our fans should quit treating Gonzalez as if he wasnt the best tight end ever. Maybe they should recognize the fact that he has done more for the Chiefs than any other player, EVER. Maybe be objective and think of the man like a human rather than a stat sheet. Maybe they should recognize that for everything TG has done for the KC organization, we owe it to him to honor his wishes to try for a super bowl ring on another team before his first-ballot hall of fame career ends.

Maybe the people whining about him whining should reevaluate what gets under thier skin. Becuase if you are crying over a stand up, great player, who has sacrificed his life for the sport and team you love, wanting to reach the pinnacle of that sport, you are way out of line.

P.S. If you think its about money, do me a favor and kick yourself in the forehead.

yashi
02-04-2009, 09:31 AM
I am so tired of hearing how TGon wants out of KC. His complaints seem pretty ridiculous. WAH I want a Super Bowl ring. Im sure he is the only one on the team that does. As I recall he complained and moaned until he got a new contract. He got it , and now wants out. The other complaint is we traded Jared Allen. Ill have to admit I was pretty mad when this happened as well, but the fact of the matter is Jared might have raised our poor sack total for the year, and possibly helped us win 1 or 2 more games. But we were deffinately more than 1 player away from making the playoffs. I love Tony he has done so much for our organization, but he needs to quit his *****in. I feel we are on the right track to becoming a playoff team. If Tony keeps complaining I say send him to Detroit, hes not the only 1 wanting a ring all the other players, coaches, and fans do too.

I had the same reaction when I read what he said this morning. I'm sick of hearing his whining. Only 1 of 32 teams wins the Super Bowl, get over it. He obviously doesn't want to retire a Chief anymore.

I'm interested to see how Pioli handles the situation.

stone cold
02-04-2009, 09:35 AM
I agree with hometeam. Tony is one of the best players to ever grace arrowhead stadium so honor the man and let him do what he wants.

dbolan
02-04-2009, 09:40 AM
Maybe our fans should quit treating Gonzalez as if he wasnt the best tight end ever. Maybe they should recognize the fact that he has done more for the Chiefs than any other player, EVER. Maybe be objective and think of the man like a human rather than a stat sheet. Maybe they should recognize that for everything TG has done for the KC organization, we owe it to him to honor his wishes to try for a super bowl ring on another team before his first-ballot hall of fame career ends.

Maybe the people whining about him whining should reevaluate what gets under thier skin. Becuase if you are crying over a stand up, great player, who has sacrificed his life for the sport and team you love, wanting to reach the pinnacle of that sport, you are way out of line.

P.S. If you think its about money, do me a favor and kick yourself in the forehead.

It is about money and FAME. Favor denied. TG should have spoken up much sooner than this. He, above all knows how much was left in his tank over the past 5 years and when Dick Vermeil was there and they were producting some serious offensive numbers, no gripes from Gonzo.

For Christ's Sake....What team doesn't want to get to a Superbowl?? Can't Gonzo make decisions for himself without trying to sucker punch the Chiefs organization?

He has done his fair share of whining over the years as well...Wanting the ball more, etc etc.

Has he been a great player for the Chiefs. Yes. Did he make the decision to stay there for the charities he participates in and for the BBQ and for the cold weather? Yes, but it was all about the money and fame.

So, I say let him go. He and Opra seem to have thing, so I am sure it will only be a matter of time before he hits daytime TV! LOL!

yashi
02-04-2009, 09:42 AM

Everybody here would give a standing ovation to Tony if he were to come to Arrowhead playing for another team. I doubt a single person here doesn't appreciate the fact that he's pretty much the best TE in NFL history and has done it in the red, gold, and white his whole career.

It's not about that.

This is starting to turn into a Brett Favre situation. Will he be back next year? Do we gameplan with him or without him? Do we need to sign/draft a tight end to fill his spot? Do we need to start making significant changes to the playbook since we might not have a great pass catching TE next year?

This is where I have a problem. As much as TG has done for KC, we have to do what's best for KC, not TG, whether that means trading him or keeping him around. He signed a contract agreeing to play for us. If he didn't want to play here, then he shouldn't have signed his name on the dotted line.

Canada
02-04-2009, 09:43 AM
So why should we have to suffer as fans so that Tony (who is under contact) can go play somewhere else. True loyalty is sticking with your team when it is most diffcult. Ask Tiki Barber how it feels to abandon your team because they won't win. If Tony leaves then this team is worse off and that is not fair to any person who supports the Red and Gold. I have been wanting a KC SuperBowl longer than Tony. What is the great Tony G doing to make that happen? I am not questioning the fact that Tony is arguably one of the best to walk the field in Arrowhead but if he does not want to be here anymore then he should not have signed the contract.

Canada
02-04-2009, 09:44 AM
Everybody here would give a standing ovation to Tony if he were to come to Arrowhead playing for another team. I doubt a single person here doesn't appreciate the fact that he's pretty much the best TE in NFL history and has done it in the red, gold, and white his whole career.

It's not about that.

This is starting to turn into a Brett Favre situation. Will he be back next year? Do we gameplan with him or without him? Do we need to sign/draft a tight end to fill his spot? Do we need to start making significant changes to the playbook since we might not have a great pass catching TE next year?

This is where I have a problem. As much as TG has done for KC, we have to do what's best for KC, not TG, whether that means trading him or keeping him around. He signed a contract agreeing to play for us. If he didn't want to play here, then he shouldn't have signed his name on the dotted line.

Heh, i posted at the same time!! Great minds and all...:bananen_smilies046:

hometeam
02-04-2009, 09:50 AM
I agree. Let him go. But not with contempt. Let him go as a Chief. Let him go as a HUMAN, not as a contract and stat sheet.

TG isnt doing this for fame or money, he is doing it becuase he is a competitor, and he has the drive to be the best.

Of course you didnt hear him complaining with Vermeil in thier, they had a chance to go to the bowl every year! That is his goal, to be the best, to reach the top! NOT fame or money!

hometeam
02-04-2009, 09:56 AM
There is no Brett Favre situation here, he is going to be there unless they trade him, and he has not said otherwise. As for being under contract, do you think that if they dont trade him he will do anything but try his hardest? He will continue to be the stand up player he has always been, and play his heart out.

As for loyalty, can it even be questioned? He has devoted his LIFE to the Chiefs, and the KC fans. What has he done to bring KC superbowl? Hmm lets think about that.. oh, just more than anyone? Should he relegate himself to losing just becuase it would mean the fans wouldn't ever see him in another uniform? Don't confuse loyalty with insanity.

Canada
02-04-2009, 10:21 AM
There is no Brett Favre situation here, he is going to be there unless they trade him, and he has not said otherwise. As for being under contract, do you think that if they dont trade him he will do anything but try his hardest? He will continue to be the stand up player he has always been, and play his heart out.

As for loyalty, can it even be questioned? He has devoted his LIFE to the Chiefs, and the KC fans. What has he done to bring KC superbowl? Hmm lets think about that.. oh, just more than anyone? Should he relegate himself to losing just becuase it would mean the fans wouldn't ever see him in another uniform? Don't confuse loyalty with insanity.

This is what I love about Chiefs fans. He can not win here. Great attitude!! How about voicing his opinion on how to win in KC instead of how he wants to leave. I tell you what, if you can tell me right now who is gonna win the SB next season then I will agree that Tony should have a chance to play there. If not, how about trying to win for the fans you are so loyal to.

hometeam
02-04-2009, 10:26 AM
Canada. I am chiefs fan through and through. I am also very objective.

We are not going to win a super bowl next year. Will we improve? yes! will we win a super bowl? no!

Fact of the matter is, I am arguing the same point that you guys are, and that is to let him go.

The difference is; I am arguing to let him go with honor and recognize that he is a person. You guys are arguing to let him go in a state of contempt like we did with JA, becuase he is nothing more than a piece of meat with a trade value.

Come on man! We are on the same team here, I just factor humanity into my contemplations~

Canada
02-04-2009, 10:34 AM
Canada. I am chiefs fan through and through. I am also very objective.

We are not going to win a super bowl next year. Will we improve? yes! will we win a super bowl? no!

Fact of the matter is, I am arguing the same point that you guys are, and that is to let him go.

The difference is; I am arguing to let him go with honor and recognize that he is a person. You guys are arguing to let him go in a state of contempt like we did with JA, becuase he is nothing more than a piece of meat with a trade value.

Come on man! We are on the same team here, I just factor humanity into my contemplations~

Did u predict Arizona to be anywhere near it this year? Can we win a SB by 2010? Why not. We have the most cap space in the league with a young team and a lot of talent. We have the most sought after GM in the league and are about to et a new HC and DC. Considering the parity in the NFL and the fact that 2010 is an uncapped year I think we have a pretty legitimate shot at putting together a contender. I am not in any way arguing that we should let TG go. I think he should stay in KC and try and win here. When Tony G leaves the Chiefs it will be with honour. I would prefer it was wearing the Red and Gold and hoisting the Lombardi trophy. Even if Tony has 3 years left in him then we have just as good a chance at a championship than any other team. It drivesme nuts to listen to people talk about loving the Chiefs but continue to call them losers. Cant win in KC. Such a load of crap

hometeam
02-04-2009, 10:52 AM
Actually, I have picked AZ to win thier division and have a super bowl shot four years running. So yes, I have been giving AZ a chance, and it took them four years to realize that dream, all while setting all kinds of records on being the "worst" team to ever make it to the bowl.

As I said, I am a fan, but I am objective. Being a blind supporter with no critiques does not serve your team well.

My purpose was not to hijack this thread, lets not make this about me or you and our differences in opinion on what kind of fans we should be/are.

You are absolutely right, we do have a chance in the next THREE years, but maybe Tony feels like he may not have that long, maybe he does not. As I said, I am saying let him go becuase he wants out, and he has done enough for us to respect his wishes, and move on without him.

Canada
02-04-2009, 10:57 AM
Why is it when you support the Chiefs people always say I am a blind supporter? I guess you have your opinion and I have my "blind support" I didn't even know that our 2-14 team had any problems. You say you are objective but you have already counted out the Chiefs and you don't even know who are Coach is yet. How is that objective in any way?

Bike
02-04-2009, 11:00 AM
Actually, I have picked AZ to win thier division and have a super bowl shot four years running. So yes, I have been giving AZ a chance, and it took them four years to realize that dream, all while setting all kinds of records on being the "worst" team to ever make it to the bowl.

As I said, I am a fan, but I am objective. Being a blind supporter with no critiques does not serve your team well.

My purpose was not to hijack this thread, lets not make this about me or you and our differences in opinion on what kind of fans we should be/are.

You are absolutely right, we do have a chance in the next THREE years, but maybe Tony feels like he may not have that long, maybe he does not. As I said, I am saying let him go becuase he wants out, and he has done enough for us to respect his wishes, and move on without him.
If TG leaves now and decides to go to a 'prebuilt' contender, then shame on him. He becomes nothing but another Carlos Beltran. I don't see TG as a so-called rent-a-player. Hell, he could go to Pittsburg or NE and not see a superbowl in the next 3 years. Who knows?
Well, I think Tony knows and he stays right here to get his ring...Pioli and Hunt will make sure of it.

hometeam
02-04-2009, 11:08 AM
Canada,

Dont get so worked up, I said nothing about you being a blind supporter, I said I am not, which is why I am objective enough to not give us a super bowl next year, when as you said, we dont even know who the coach is.

Canada
02-04-2009, 11:12 AM
Canada,

Dont get so worked up, I said nothing about you being a blind supporter, I said I am not, which is why I am objective enough to not give us a super bowl next year, when as you said, we dont even know who the coach is.

I am not getting worked up, I have been listening to the same comments on this board for a couple of years now. there is a reason my sig is a Homer flipping the bird. Just because I support them does not make it blind support.:bananen_smilies046:

texaschief
02-04-2009, 12:24 PM
The sudden outbursts from TG and LJ (on the radio today) only affirms a possible hiring of Ferentz. TG says he expects a decision in two days. That makes me think he has already been informed of which way the Chiefs are leaning. If he's already coming out and repeating his trade demands, Ferentz is probably the guy. You've gotta think if it was Haley or Gailey, he wouldn't be saying all this crap again.

Bike
02-04-2009, 12:28 PM
Man I hope not Ferentz. I don't see what he has done to warrant a HC job in the NFL - other than being buds with Pioli.
If Ferentz comes here, I'm gonna stick my head in the toilet and flush 3 times, then go outside and take a pipe wrench to my truck.

hometeam
02-04-2009, 12:38 PM
I agree, Ferentz please dont be our guy. Then again, if we do get him, maybe LJ will take a paycut with another team just to get out of KC, and TG wont be so demanding on what team he goes to or not (see Bills from last year)

texaschief
02-04-2009, 12:39 PM
Man I hope not Ferentz. I don't see what he has done to warrant a HC job in the NFL - other than being buds with Pioli.
If Ferentz comes here, I'm gonna stick my head in the toilet and flush 3 times, then go outside and take a pipe wrench to my truck.

Ferentz would turn what has been a good off season thus far, into a disastrous one.

dbolan
02-04-2009, 12:48 PM
TG's Quote on Yahoo Sports:

“I love Kansas City. I really do. If I could stay there, I would. That’s why this is going to be a tough decision,” Gonzalez said.

If I could stay there I would??? First of all..HE CAN stay there. Second of all, he needs to remember that it is NOT just HIS decision either.

I will bet ANYONE on this board a $1000 that if TG stays in KC for the rest of his career, that when he does retire, his arse will move out of state.

He also said:

"I want to win a Super Bowl.”

Well...Who doesn't TG?? All of the sudden, since he got his props from Oprah Winfrey, his attitude has developed a stinchy swagger.

Trade him, cut him...Whatever. He has been hanging with LJ too much.

Nel Toille
02-04-2009, 12:51 PM
I would be shocked and really disapointed if it was Ferentz. College coaches NEVER make it as Head Coaches in the NFL. This is more true than anything else. It's a different world, different mindset. I'm okay with hiring coordinators and assistants from the college ranks, but head coaches need to be in the league a few years before they make that jump.
As for Tony G, I'm starting to get a little sick of this guy. If he wants to be traded, fine. He deserves that. Just talk with Scott. He's not Peterson and I'm sure he'd be willing to let Tony go if he that's what he wanted. There's no reason to create a stir with the media. It makes him look childish and him and LJ should just be traded together if they're both going to act like this. I love Tony G because he's a stand up guy but his behavior lately is making me question whether or not he's just another prima donna. I'd love to see the both of them get traded to a division rival only to be knocked out of the playoffs by US.

yashi
02-04-2009, 12:55 PM
Don't trade him. We probably wouldn't get any value for him whatsoever, so I'd rather have him honor his contract by playing here and catching 100 balls than getting a 4th round pick who likely ends up playing special teams.

The Chiefs are better with TG than without him, and that's ultimately what matters to me.

Nel Toille
02-04-2009, 12:59 PM
If the Chiefs trad Tony you can bet your *** we will draft Crabtree.

dbolan
02-04-2009, 01:05 PM
Don't trade him. We probably wouldn't get any value for him whatsoever, so I'd rather have him honor his contract by playing here and catching 100 balls than getting a 4th round pick who likely ends up playing special teams.

The Chiefs are better with TG than without him, and that's ultimately what matters to me.

One of the reasons he has caught so many balls is due to him being a primary reciever most of these years. Our WR talent, or lack there of, has allowed him to be more prolific. Look at New Orleans...Very good recievers..Less balls to the TE. TG wanted the BALL and the money...He got it. Now he has poopy pants.

He and LJ can help change each others diapers, as far as I am concerned.

Make up your mind TG.

texaschief
02-04-2009, 01:10 PM
I would be shocked and really disapointed if it was Ferentz. College coaches NEVER make it as Head Coaches in the NFL. This is more true than anything else. It's a different world, different mindset. I'm okay with hiring coordinators and assistants from the college ranks, but head coaches need to be in the league a few years before they make that jump.

Well, he wasn't a good college coach, so maybe they're thinking it works the other way around as well. Maybe bad college coaches will make GREAT NFL coaches... someone find me Tyrone Willingham's number QUICK!!!

Vandelay
02-04-2009, 01:12 PM
C'mon Tony, just shut your pie hole. If you have concerns, take a cue from Pioli and and deal with this behind closed doors, not by whining to the media, it makes you look bad. Tony has been one of my favorites since we drafted him, but I don't appreciate this, it's not helping anybody.

Bike
02-04-2009, 01:14 PM
As for Tony G, I'm starting to get a little sick of this guy. If he wants to be traded, fine. He deserves that. Just talk with Scott. He's not Peterson and I'm sure he'd be willing to let Tony go if he that's what he wanted. There's no reason to create a stir with the media. It makes him look childish and him and LJ should just be traded together if they're both going to act like this. I love Tony G because he's a stand up guy but his behavior lately is making me question whether or not he's just another prima donna. I'd love to see the both of them get traded to a division rival only to be knocked out of the playoffs by US.
Well, I wouldn't go that far. Bill Parcels, for example, coached on EIGHT college teams before going to the NFL. He's been pretty successful...

chiefnut
02-04-2009, 01:51 PM
IF, thats a big "if", we trade TG then without the best TE in nfl history as a security blanket maybe we have to throw downfield more to the WR's. Maybe Tony thinks bringing in a college coach will take a couple seasons to aclimate himself to the nfl way, and he has suffered thru enuf rebuilding already. Maybe he just wants to end the greatest TE career somewhere w/a chance to win a playoff game to get a shot at the big one. Maybe he just feels frustrated that after all the good years and near misses the downhill slide was too steep and hitting the bottom too hard. maybe our reaction to the last two seasons have been even more vocal and extreme. maybe it's not that hard to understand the way he feels. thats alot of maybe's!!!

m0ef0e
02-04-2009, 01:56 PM
Tony should remember that he is considered the greatest TE of all time and holds the records that he does because he has been a Chief all these years...

If we had a bona fide, HOF WR thru all or most of his tenure here, Tony's numbers may not be quite so impressive. (I'm sure he still would have done quite well but maybe just not quite as good.)

However, it seems that the records and accolades are less important to Tony that winning a championship-- which is understandable. Ultimately, that is what all these guys play for every year. If Tony goes somewhere else to put the icing on his cake, I won't blame him but he should keep this behind closed doors until at least after the new HC is named and he decieds for sure wether he wants to be traded or not.

Bike
02-04-2009, 02:00 PM
IF, thats a big "if", we trade TG then without the best TE in nfl history as a security blanket maybe we have to throw downfield more to the WR's. Maybe Tony thinks bringing in a college coach will take a couple seasons to aclimate himself to the nfl way, and he has suffered thru enuf rebuilding already. Maybe he just wants to end the greatest TE career somewhere w/a chance to win a playoff game to get a shot at the big one. Maybe he just feels frustrated that after all the good years and near misses the downhill slide was too steep and hitting the bottom too hard. maybe our reaction to the last two seasons have been even more vocal and extreme. maybe it's not that hard to understand the way he feels. thats alot of maybe's!!!
True. I'm sure everybody associated with the Chiefs hates losing. I'm sure everybody on this forum hates losing. I don't, for example, hear Brian Waters spouting off about being traded to a contender. Hell, everybody wants to win! New GM, new HC, new DC, new era!
I hope TG quiets down and gets his ring right here.

N TX Dave
02-04-2009, 02:05 PM
This is what I love about Chiefs fans. He can not win here. Great attitude!! How about voicing his opinion on how to win in KC instead of how he wants to leave. I tell you what, if you can tell me right now who is gonna win the SB next season then I will agree that Tony should have a chance to play there. If not, how about trying to win for the fans you are so loyal to.

You are correct only one team will win the next SB and maybe one different team the next year, if Tony can pick them out then let him play for them if the team he goes to does not win the SB will they be willing to give us extra picks good. As you say if he can't then man up and try to make the Chiefs better the team that has made his future secure by paying him well over the last 12 years.

chiefnut
02-04-2009, 02:11 PM
True. I'm sure everybody associated with the Chiefs hates losing. I'm sure everybody on this forum hates losing. I don't, for example, hear Brian Waters spouting off about being traded to a contender. Hell, everybody wants to win! New GM, new HC, new DC, new era!
I hope TG quiets down and gets his ring right here.

i never said he was right or that i condone quitting or whining, only that i can understand his frustration and reaction

Bike
02-04-2009, 02:15 PM
i never said he was right or that i condone quitting or whining, only that i can understand his frustration and reaction
I can understand his frustration, but not necessarily his reaction. He should consider waiting to see what our new coaching staff is gonna look like before spouting off to the media...

yashi
02-04-2009, 06:24 PM
Tony's now refuting that he wants out of KC.

FOX Sports on MSN - NFL - Gonzalez: I'm willing to stick with Chiefs (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9180456/Gonzalez:-I%27m-willing-to-stick-with-Chiefs)

Either way, he should be a Chief next year. No reason to trade him. LJ is a different story, because unlike TG he is average now, much less a pro bowler.

okikcfan
02-04-2009, 06:35 PM
Thats what LJ does, talks trash obout his team and team mates but never about himself, Why? Hmmm.. he thinks he special, he's too good, cut him, let him go and see how much he gets for himself. :mob:

TheLateGreat#58Fan
02-04-2009, 07:34 PM
I cant believe the number of people on this forum who are crucifying Tony Gonzalez for these comments.
So he wanted the ball more at a time
So he wanted more money at a time
So he expressed his concern over if Ferentz is hired and what he might want if that happened
(many on here have fears about A Ferentz hire)
He has been in KC for 12 great seasons- on and off the field
He feels he is getting near the end of his career and wants to be in a position to be with a team that odds on will be in the Super Bowl hunt
You cant compare his actions to Brett farve's or LJ's
I pray that we are in the Super Bowl hunt next year, I assure you very little would make me happier, maybe he "should" have waited until the next coach is named but he was just voicing his opinion.
He probably has a better perspective on whether KC is year away than anyone outside that clubhouse
Sorry I wrote so much just my opinion-
I know everybody on here loves the Chiefs and I am onboard with that, I just hate seeing this guy torn up.
He has been great for this team and I dont see how anybody on here can take anything away from what he did on the field

Chieffaninfl
02-04-2009, 08:02 PM
[quote=stone cold;115996]I agree with hometeam. Tony is one of the best players to ever grace arrowhead stadium so honor the man and let him do what he wants.[/We did do what he wanted we gave him the big contract he wanted. Did he deserve it? Without a doubt. He is the best tight end ever and a great person off the field. But he got the contract he wanted. Now this is what he asked for to end his career as a Chief.

Canada
02-04-2009, 08:07 PM
[quote=stone cold;115996]I agree with hometeam. Tony is one of the best players to ever grace arrowhead stadium so honor the man and let him do what he wants.[/We did do what he wanted we gave him the big contract he wanted. Did he deserve it? Without a doubt. He is the best tight end ever and a great person off the field. But he got the contract he wanted. Now this is what he asked for to end his career as a Chief.

This is still a business. And what about the 1000s of fans who have supported the Chiefs long before Tony showed up and will continue to do so long after Tony G leaves. Don't they deserve to keep Tony if he makes the Chiefs better? He signed a contract. If he wanted to leave then he should not have taken the money. Fact is, we are closer to a SB with Tony than without.

Drunker Hillbilly
02-04-2009, 08:23 PM
Not pointing to any one member but I love the fact that several on here are being critical of TG for voicing his displeasure and wanting to be traded. I believe this was discussed when LJ was in the news for all of his stupidity. It was said that TG is a class act and would never voice his dirty laundry in the media. I said it then and I say it again now, at some point, MOST players put their foot in their mouth at some point! This makes 2 for TG!!!! If he wants to go, let him go! Same with LJ!! As much as I like both of them, I don't want ANY player on the team if they don't want to be here. Their heart won't be in it and we can't have that on this team right now. Its all or nothing!!!!!!!

KristofLaw
02-04-2009, 11:35 PM
Tony G wants to win... he's at the pro-bowl, he should be in recruitment mode for next year, which is what I believe this partially is.

Lazeye
02-05-2009, 02:33 AM
TG will get a SB here in 2010 if not 2011, I think playoffs for 09 cause we were so close on so many games this year with a good rookie class coming in and the 07 and 08 class improving and the afc west sucking for 09. KEEP GONZO!!!

hermhater
02-05-2009, 02:47 AM
TG will get a SB here in 2010 if not 2011, I think playoffs for 09 cause we were so close on so many games this year with a good rookie class coming in and the 07 and 08 class improving and the afc west sucking for 09. KEEP GONZO!!!

I like your style!!!

dbolan
02-05-2009, 11:15 AM
[quote=Chieffaninfl;116164]

This is still a business. And what about the 1000s of fans who have supported the Chiefs long before Tony showed up and will continue to do so long after Tony G leaves. Don't they deserve to keep Tony if he makes the Chiefs better? He signed a contract. If he wanted to leave then he should not have taken the money. Fact is, we are closer to a SB with Tony than without.

Mr. Canada...I could not agree more. I see that TG is now back pedalling in order to save some face. His approach on this entire deal was poor to begin with..Almost Brett Favre'ish.

I remember sitting in the stands, in the rain when we played the NE Patriots and Scott Zolak was their QB. On that day, I think there was only about 30 people in that section of Arrowhead.

WE, the fans have been complaining for YEARS about the mis-management and even the unsuccessful coaching because it has yet to net another SB crown.

Sorry...To me it is just like my kids...The patience has been repeatedly tried and tested, so either get on the boat and shut-up or nut-up and get out.

:beer:

jmlamerson
02-05-2009, 11:56 AM
Tony's now refuting that he wants out of KC.

FOX Sports on MSN - NFL - Gonzalez: I'm willing to stick with Chiefs (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9180456/Gonzalez:-I%27m-willing-to-stick-with-Chiefs)

Either way, he should be a Chief next year. No reason to trade him. LJ is a different story, because unlike TG he is average now, much less a pro bowler.

I have a feeling this is the media looking for a story than an actual story. Tony's been pretty consistent that he want to play for a winner and not be on a team continually "rebuilding." I think he wants to see if we stay the course this offseason or if we actually keep our good players and are active in FA.