PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Interview Already Conducted

texaschief
02-04-2009, 12:45 PM
Per PFT:

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/02/04/chiefs-have-complied-with-rooney-rule/

As the Kansas City Chiefs continue to engage in one of the most secretive job searches in NFL history, some basic information has emerged regarding the process.

According to Nick Athan of Warpaint Illustrated, Chiefs owner Clark Hunt recently told a Kansas City radio station that the team has complied with the Rooney Rule, and that Hunt is “pleased” with the candidates who have been interviewed to date.

If, then, the Rooney Rule has been satisfied, the Chiefs are free to interview and hire Cardinals offensive coordinator Todd Haley without interviewing now or in the future any futher minority candidates.

But it’s impossible to know whether Haley is the leading candidate without knowing who the other candidates might be.

And, apparently, we won’t know any of their names, since the Chiefs presumably told them that, if any of their names emerge during the process, the team will assume that the candidate whose name emerges is responsible for the leak — and that the candidate will be disqualified from consideration.

If they've really already complied with the Rooney Rule, then I've gotta tip my hat to Pioli. In this day and age, to keep this kind of thing this private and secretive, is truly amazing.

PLEASE GOD... DON'T LET IT BE FERENTZ.

jerhart
02-04-2009, 12:48 PM
Per PFT:

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/02/04/chiefs-have-complied-with-rooney-rule/

According to Nick Athan of Warpaint Illustrated, Chiefs owner Clark Hunt recently told a Kansas City radio station that the team has complied with the Rooney Rule, and that Hunt is “pleased” with the candidates who have been interviewed to date.

This is where I have a problem with this article...not what I call a reliable source IMO.

dbolan
02-04-2009, 12:54 PM
Per PFT:

ProFootballTalk.com - CHIEFS HAVE COMPLIED WITH ROONEY RULE? (http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/02/04/chiefs-have-complied-with-rooney-rule/)

...But it’s impossible to know whether Haley is the leading candidate without knowing who the other candidates might be.

And, apparently, we won’t know any of their names, since the Chiefs presumably told them that, if any of their names emerge during the process, the team will assume that the candidate whose name emerges is responsible for the leak — and that the candidate will be disqualified from consideration.

PLEASE GOD... DON'T LET IT BE FERENTZ.

Disqualifying them for a leak is bullshat. There is no possible way for any of these candidates to be contacted without anyone else knowing. This includes friends, wives, Mom's, anyone they are close too and/or being seen in KC, at an airport or with a KC representative. Period.

chiefnut
02-04-2009, 01:05 PM
Who "leaked" the info on the CHIEFS non disclosure rule to the candidates? would it not seem logical that it was one of the candidates thereby acknowledging them as a candidate thereby disqualifying them as a candidate??? since no CHIEFS source was sited it is probably not true.

jap1
02-04-2009, 01:07 PM
Disqualifying them for a leak is bullshat. There is no possible way for any of these candidates to be contacted without anyone else knowing. This includes friends, wives, Mom's, anyone they are close too and/or being seen in KC, at an airport or with a KC representative. Period.

An interview doesnt have to be done in person. There are phone interviews as well as teleconferencing. In this day and age of technology, it would be very easy to conduct interviews without anyone else knowing.

Also I had posted something from another website a week ago saying that interviews had already been conducted with a couple candidates. I cannot remember where I read it, but this isnt the first I heard about "secret" interviews.

valley_22
02-04-2009, 02:16 PM
The list I think is like this

Bill Cowher
Bill Parcells
The frozen corpse of Vince Lambardi (who could have gone 6-10 last season)
Art Shell

Ya, those were the guys who interviewed.