PDA

View Full Version : ChiefsCrowd.com Article : The Haley in Red

Coach
02-05-2009, 10:21 PM
Well, what do we do now? We get a head coach for the team, and over the last few weeks, fans and friends of the Chiefs have certainly thrown about a number of names. But none of those has been more seriously bandied about than that of Arizona’s offensive coordinator Todd Haley. Given that it was (statistically anyway) Arizona’s offense which got them to, and gave them a shot at winning, the Super Bowl....

More... (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=10647&Itemid=2)

hometeam
02-06-2009, 12:43 AM
this article highlights the main thing I like about Haley.

He is fiery! no more 'one-emotion Herm' on the sideline!

theaxeeffect4311
02-06-2009, 01:31 AM
If Pioli thinks Haley can be our head coach, then I'll go with him.

okikcfan
02-06-2009, 03:36 AM
What will be interesting is will he keep Chan and Who will he bring in as the new DC? Let the fun begin!!!!:bananen_smilies046:

Coach
02-06-2009, 07:56 AM
I think Romeo Crennell is the logical choice. I'd be surprised if it wasn't.

jmlamerson
02-06-2009, 10:06 AM
I think Romeo Crennell is the logical choice. I'd be surprised if it wasn't.

I thought so too, but I keep hearing about the LB coach of the Cardinals, Davis, for the job.

Pro_Angler
02-06-2009, 11:32 AM
sorry coach but, thai guys has no right to be our HC!!! JUST ANOTHER STUPID PETERSON MOVE. And you guys just lap it up like puppies.. I'd thought Chiefs fans to be a bit more skeptical and smarter by now. Haley is a 1/2 good coordinator thats it nothing more. SAve this and remember what I said.

dbolan
02-06-2009, 01:09 PM
sorry coach but, thai guys has no right to be our HC!!! JUST ANOTHER STUPID PETERSON MOVE. And you guys just lap it up like puppies.. I'd thought Chiefs fans to be a bit more skeptical and smarter by now. Haley is a 1/2 good coordinator thats it nothing more. SAve this and remember what I said.

The please enlighten us and advise on who "the guy" should have been?

Not Cowher...He already said no. You can't MAKE him do it. Same with Shanny.

So, who????? While you are at it, who is the best DC for the job and how do we get him?

On top of that, what are your ideals on team personnel? Who should we draft, trade and/or sign from free agency?

Make all of you ideals known so when or IF the time comes, you can rub shat in our face with both hands.

:D

jmlamerson
02-06-2009, 01:15 PM

Sorry we couldn't keep Herm as the coach like you wanted.

Drunker Hillbilly
02-06-2009, 01:39 PM
I know you live in Az as do I. I am not going to say Haley was the person I would have picked however I do think he was as good a pick as any other guy being thrown around outside of the coaches that were not possibilities. I E... Cowher, Shannahan etc. The Cardinals had a top 5 offense in the league. If they can upgrade a few O linemen, this team will be a .500 team next year. I don't know about you but I will take .500 over what we have regurgitated the last couple years!!!!!

josh1971
02-06-2009, 02:17 PM
Everywhere Haley's been, the team's offense has done really well, and the team has gone to the post-season, if not the championship game for the conference.

Yeah, he's only been an offensive coach- but then, lots of coordinators have been made head coaches and have done really well. Mind if I point to one?

Bill Cowher- defensive coordinator.

I'm going to guess that Scott Pioli and Clark Hunt have a lot more insight, know a bit more about Todd Haley than any of us. Just a guess.

jb

NWA Chief
02-06-2009, 10:18 PM
I would like to say that I am not against the choice of Haley because I am a big offensive guy. I do want to point out that Haley had Warner, Fitzgerald, Boldin and a decent line. I like Haley but I feel the next big step is to find a DC that can help us out the most. We need to make changes to our D but we need a guy that can use what he have on D from Week 1 and on....Again, I am not against Haley as a coach. I wouldn't have minded Frazier or Russ Grimm though.

Coach
02-06-2009, 11:43 PM
I don't think Pioli is a dummy. If he felt Haley was the best option the Chiefs had available, then I'm going to trust his judgement.

Chiefster
02-06-2009, 11:46 PM
I don't think Pioli is a dummy. If he felt Haley was the best option the Chiefs had available, then I'm going to trust his judgement.

I agree; I for one am going to see what kind of job Haley does before passing judgement.

Pro_Angler
02-06-2009, 11:52 PM
I would rather see a defensive coordinator get the HC job then a one year wonder OC. We have Chan for the offense. AZ's offense was for one year and it was thier players. They couldn't run the ball and thier defense was good for what 4-5 games.

Chiefster
02-06-2009, 11:58 PM
I would rather see a defensive coordinator get the HC job then a one year wonder OC. We have Chan for the offense. AZ's offense was for one year and it was thier players. They couldn't run the ball and thier defense was good for what 4-5 games.

Regardless of who we have as HC, except Herm, it will take at least 3 seasons to build a winning team. IMHO
But, agree that we need a coach that will be dedicated to developing both sides of the ball.

Coach
02-06-2009, 11:58 PM

Haley was not a 1 year wonder. Listen to intelligent football minds talk about Haley and you will quickly realize that he has had success in multiple roles with multiple franchises. He has slowly worked himself into getting a shot as a HC. He could be the next great HC.

I like a HC with some fire and he certainly seems to have that.

Chiefster
02-07-2009, 12:00 AM
Haley was not a 1 year wonder. Listen to intelligent football minds talk about Haley and you will quickly realize that he has had success in multiple roles with multiple franchises. He has slowly worked himself into getting a shot as a HC. He could be the next great HC.

I like a HC with some fire and he certainly seems to have that.

True, he's not going to be wishy-washy.

Bike
02-07-2009, 11:46 AM
No. Lets let the DC run the defense this time around...
Let the OC run the offense.
Let the HC weed out the players that can't/don't want to play.

okikcfan
02-07-2009, 11:48 AM
I wish he had a little more time under his belt as an OC but he has proven himself in every area he has worked. I trust Pioli, and I trust he has a plan, and with a good FA market and another good draft, Arrowhead will be rockin again in 09!!!:bananen_smilies046:

okikcfan
02-07-2009, 11:54 AM
No. Lets let the DC run the defense this time around...
Let the OC run the offense.
Let the HC weed out the players that can't/don't want to play.

I have a strong feeling thats what Pioli is looking at right now, I think he will have a new DC by the end of next week and what he can get in the FA at the end of the month will tell us who stays and who goes....