PDA

View Full Version : So what does this mean for Chan Gailey?

jap1
02-06-2009, 02:48 AM
Everyone is reporting that Haley is our new HC. I wonder what this means for Chan Gailey. He is known for running a more traditional/power running offense. This year he changed on the fly to the spread. Haley seems to be a bit of an innovator.

I wonder what this means for Gailey. Personally, I think he is a good OC. I guess we will wait and see ...

Three7s
02-06-2009, 05:04 AM
Everyone is reporting that Haley is our new HC. I wonder what this means for Chan Gailey. He is known for running a more traditional/power running offense. This year he changed on the fly to the spread. Haley seems to be a bit of an innovator.

I wonder what this means for Gailey. Personally, I think he is a good OC. I guess we will wait and see ...
It changes nothing for him. He's a great OC and that's what he'll remain.

Seek
02-06-2009, 07:16 AM
I think it means nothing. They will probably even promote him to OC and Assistant HC. The Chiefs denied Tampa Bay authorization to interview Chan Gailey. It would be unethical of Pioli to deny a coach an opportunity somewhere and then cut him a month later.

jtandcrew
02-06-2009, 07:37 AM
I think having Gailey and Haley would be a great fit. I think they would make a great team and COULD possibly put 1 of the best offenses on the field next year. Depending, of course, what we do in the draft and in FA.

Coach
02-06-2009, 07:52 AM
I think Gailey is safe as well.

chiefsfreak4life
02-06-2009, 08:00 AM
I agree, I think Gailey is staying. Clark Hunt really likes Gailey and I think Gailey and Haley will work well together. However on the defensive side, what will happen there?? I expect to see alot of changes.

slc chief
02-06-2009, 08:14 AM

this means we get the best of both worlds hopefully

yashi
02-06-2009, 09:15 AM
Haley n' Gailey, as I like to call them, should propel our offense to the top. If we can bring in a defensive genius capable of leading the defense himself, I really like where this team is heading.

chiefnut
02-06-2009, 09:37 AM
at least their names go together well " the Haley Gailey Boys"

dbolan
02-06-2009, 10:03 AM
It means nothing other than Gailey stays just as he has thus far.

Now, it's time for some playmakers on Offense, Lineman included (lol) and for the defense to get sured up with some playmakers.

As AZ proved and the 2nd SB loss of the Rams, you can have a ton of offense but if you boyz on defense can't make a stop when you have to have it, then a loss is inevitable.

jap1
02-06-2009, 10:07 AM
Yeah, I like Gailey, so I hope this means he stays and we have a really strong offensive game plan this year.

loyalchief91
02-06-2009, 02:17 PM
Sounds like the offensive we be on point.. Don't know bout the defense tho

Bike
02-06-2009, 06:42 PM
Gaily should stay. Gaily and Haley should benefit each other. He will also take a lot of pressure of Haley in his 1st year as HC.
Besides - Haley and Gaily rhyme. They should work good together...

Coach
02-07-2009, 12:38 AM
I didn't get impression from the press conference that Chan's job was safe. We'll see how this plays out.

DT14PRIEST
02-07-2009, 03:46 AM
I didn't get impression from the press conference that Chan's job was safe. We'll see how this plays out.

Same, the vibe I got from the whole situation was that Chan was the 'backup' plan if Haley refused the HC position. But now that Haley is the guy now I'd give Gailey a 40% chance of staying on board as the current OC maybe less pending how much Haley wants to institute his own offensive scheme into the mix.

Pro_Angler
02-07-2009, 02:06 PM
I will say this, there might be some OC descrpencies if Chan stays (I hope he does). Haley will have to learn to be a HC and let his OC do his thing. I think herm tried to mess with things too much and handcuffed coordinators.

okikcfan
02-07-2009, 02:25 PM

I agree, no ones job is safe @ this point...

Chiefster
02-07-2009, 02:26 PM

If we keep Gailey I think he will run the kind of Offense that Haley wants him too.

Chiefster
02-07-2009, 11:45 PM

At this point I'm not sure that any of the asst. coaches are safe.

N TX Dave
02-08-2009, 12:04 AM
I will say this, there might be some OC discrepancies if Chan stays (I hope he does). Haley will have to learn to be a HC and let his OC do his thing. I think herm tried to mess with things too much and handcuffed coordinators.

:bananen_smilies046:

You are 100% correct there, he is the HC not HC/OC. He should let Chan stay this year at least to see if they can work together I mean Chan has been where Haley is at now and he may be a great help to him.

I too think Herm's big problem was he tried to force his coordinators to play his way instead of their way and it obsessively did not work.

YZILLA
02-08-2009, 01:29 AM
Chiefs | Gailey could be candidate for college job
Sat, 07 Feb 2009 14:09:55 -0800
Kevin Gorman, of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, reports Kansas City Chiefs (http://www.kffl.com/team/21/nfl) offensive coordinator Chan Gailey (http://www.kffl.com/player/11765/nfl) may be a candidate for the offensive coordinator position at the University of Pittsburgh.

DT14PRIEST
02-08-2009, 06:48 AM
Chiefs | Gailey could be candidate for college job
Sat, 07 Feb 2009 14:09:55 -0800
Kevin Gorman, of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, reports Kansas City Chiefs (http://www.kffl.com/team/21/nfl) offensive coordinator Chan Gailey (http://www.kffl.com/player/11765/nfl) may be a candidate for the offensive coordinator position at the University of Pittsburgh.

After that pitiful 3-0 loss to Oregon State I can see why Wannstedt and the University of Pittsburgh are looking for an overall on the offensive side of things

yashi
02-08-2009, 10:32 AM
Well, if Haley calls the plays next season it makes sense that Gailey wouldn't be back. A lot of coaches around the league do this. Andy Reid, Kubiak, Josh McDaniels is going to call the plays next year for the Broncos too.

greg3564
02-08-2009, 02:51 PM
I think Gailey will be gone. He was kept as insurance should the crop of potential coaches dwindled too low. OC is a pivotal position and I bet Haley has his choice. Anytime you have major changes like we've had, typically none of the main coaching personnel are kept.

Pro_Angler
02-08-2009, 10:32 PM
:bananen_smilies046:

You are 100% correct there, he is the HC not HC/OC. He should let Chan stay this year at least to see if they can work together I mean Chan has been where Haley is at now and he may be a great help to him.

I too think Herm's big problem was he tried to force his coordinators to play his way instead of their way and it obsessively did not work.

OMG mark this down in history of Chiefscrowd.com someone agrees with me..tytyty Oh ty so much.....:bananen_smilies046:

hardcorechiefsfan
02-08-2009, 11:33 PM
at least their names go together well " the Haley Gailey Boys"
I'm imagining someone writing a '60's jingle about them - There is Haley and that is Gailey! They are making winners nowwwwwww...