PDA

View Full Version : Positive Karma Thread

dbolan
02-06-2009, 11:35 AM
All of us have our wishes and desires....Let's spread some good karma to the Chiefs and say something positive.

Great job hiring Pioli and Haley. We are off to a great start with proven winners taking the helm.

These guy have a way with pulling a team together and making players play better.

Good trades, FA signings and a good draft are ahead.

tornadospotter
02-06-2009, 03:11 PM
The Red and Gold Storm is Building in Kansas City!

N TX Dave
02-06-2009, 03:33 PM
The Red and Gold Storm is Building in Kansas City!

:sign0098: :yahoo: :bananen_smilies046: :yahoo:
Amen baby Lets get back to a winning way in Arrowhead.

I am going to be positive and not make judgements until after I see how they play in the regular season at least. I will give the staff a pass for awhile I don't care what they do as long as I can see progress being made.

josh1971
02-06-2009, 04:07 PM
Great thread idea!

I'm really enjoying the moves that Clark Hunt, and now Hunt and Pioli had made in this off season. I have confidence now that we'll see a good DC come in, but I'm really most excited now for free agency and the draft, to see what player additions we can make.

jb

jap1
02-06-2009, 05:02 PM
You want some positive karma, I got some for ya:

we are only a couple FA's and a good draft away from competing for the AFC West!!!
:bananen_smilies046:

Cant wait for FA to start and our D to come together!!!

Vandelay
02-06-2009, 05:36 PM
Welcome to KC Mr. Haley, with the right D-cord., we can win this div. next year. (still waiting for pro anglers positive karma)

drstandley31
02-06-2009, 06:01 PM
Herm's gone! Carl's gone! Sounds pretty positive to me.

Pro_Angler
02-06-2009, 06:28 PM
How is Haley a proven winner??? DO TELL???

Canada
02-06-2009, 06:47 PM

Is he a proven loser? Do tell

prough91
02-06-2009, 07:00 PM
Is he a proven loser? Do tell

Yeah. I thought getting a team to the Super Bowl kinda made you a winner.

Bike
02-06-2009, 07:31 PM
Yeah. I thought getting a team to the Super Bowl kinda made you a winner.
Well, Wisenheimer was HC of that team. But Haley was definetely part of it.
He won't be proven a winner in my book until he wins the Chiefs a SB as HC.
Damn that sounds kinda harda$$, but hey, its been over 40 years. I'm ready.:beer:

theaxeeffect4311
02-07-2009, 04:26 AM
Maybe with Haley as our head coach, he can teach Bowe how to catch. I love Bowe, but a few less dropped passes would be nice.

Three7s
02-07-2009, 04:31 AM
What's the point of telling you? Not like you'll listen.

Canada
02-07-2009, 10:00 AM
Well, Wisenheimer was HC of that team. But Haley was definetely part of it.
He won't be proven a winner in my book until he wins the Chiefs a SB as HC.
Damn that sounds kinda harda$$, but hey, its been over 40 years. I'm ready.:beer:

I agree with you, but that still does not make him a loser!! I am excited to see what he can do!! :bananen_smilies046:
Harda$$

Pro_Angler
02-07-2009, 02:03 PM
He didnt get a team to a SB. Thier defense did in the last 3 games.
But on a brighter note we got Pioli (well see) and we kept Chan (for now) and Tg might stay and our corners should be even better next year.

Chiefster
02-07-2009, 02:25 PM
All of us have our wishes and desires....Let's spread some good karma to the Chiefs and say something positive.

Great job hiring Pioli and Haley. We are off to a great start with proven winners taking the helm.

These guy have a way with pulling a team together and making players play better.

Good trades, FA signings and a good draft are ahead.

I like their uniforms. :D

drstandley31
02-07-2009, 02:25 PM
He didnt get a team to a SB. Thier defense did in the last 3 games.
But on a brighter note we got Pioli (well see) and we kept Chan (for now) and Tg might stay and our corners should be even better next year.
On a brighter note? We dumped the worst coach in Chiefs history and a GM that was years beyond usefulness. What's brighter than that? They left us in a hole that will take years to dig out of, but at least now we have a chance. Exactly what's the down side here Mr. Sunshine? Shall I assume you were happy with the worst DL in NFL History. Worst Defense in Chiefs history. No LB Corps. An OL that forced a Pro team to adopt the spread because they couldn't block for a pro-set. Revolving door QB's... Where exactly did you think this team was going? No, We're in much better shape. I'm pretty sure Pioli knows a hell of a lot more about selcting a coach than you do. We finally have something to be happy about.

Pro_Angler
02-08-2009, 01:06 PM
I believe that Carl ruined our defense, trading off one of the best pass rushers in the eague and the leader of our D.

honda522
02-08-2009, 01:09 PM
Anyone look at the results of the poll on the main page? 55 votes 41 yes, 2 NO, and a the rest undecided.

jap1
02-08-2009, 02:05 PM
I believe that Carl ruined our defense, trading off one of the best pass rushers in the eague and the leader of our D.

The drunk driving guy who wanted out of KC? Oh yeah, I remember him. Good riddance in my opinion. A few more sacks wouldnt have made our defense leaps and bounds better. It maybe would have won us 2-3 more games this year.

hardcorechiefsfan
02-09-2009, 01:16 AM
I guess you haven't heard of the Patriots, the New England Patriots. Pioli knows them very well, in fact he was WITH them when they went to the superbowl. Obviously EVERYONE but you knows this. Go figure...

Canada
02-09-2009, 10:04 AM

That was the one thing our D was missing? Seriously...let it go man. :funnypost:

Bike
02-09-2009, 10:31 AM
Allen didn't like the cops here. :bash: :stop:

N TX Dave
02-09-2009, 10:34 AM
Allen didn't like the cops here. :bash: :stop:

:funnypost:
Yea they kept stopping him after he was out :drunkhb: and arresting him. :D

dbolan
02-09-2009, 02:05 PM
Maybe with Haley as our head coach, he can teach Bowe how to catch. I love Bowe, but a few less dropped passes would be nice.

If he can't, signing another reciever that can and will catch should induce some peer pressure.

I think Haley will have a "harsh" positive impact on many of our players. They need to have the soy milk lining removed from their mouth pieces! LOL!

jmlamerson
02-09-2009, 02:11 PM
On a brighter note? We dumped the worst coach in Chiefs history and a GM that was years beyond usefulness. What's brighter than that? They left us in a hole that will take years to dig out of, but at least now we have a chance. Exactly what's the down side here Mr. Sunshine? Shall I assume you were happy with the worst DL in NFL History. Worst Defense in Chiefs history. No LB Corps. An OL that forced a Pro team to adopt the spread because they couldn't block for a pro-set. Revolving door QB's... Where exactly did you think this team was going? No, We're in much better shape. I'm pretty sure Pioli knows a hell of a lot more about selcting a coach than you do. We finally have something to be happy about.

You said it a whole lot better than I ever could.

The fact that some posters on here wanted to keep Herm boggles the mind. He was an abject failure in every aspect of being a HC.

Pro_Angler
02-09-2009, 07:22 PM
I actually (given the available coaches) keep chan on as HC. And if he did a great job then keep him on other wise next year we all know the crop of coaches that will be available.

Chief Tyler
02-09-2009, 07:58 PM
I don't think another experiment year (with Chan this time) was in anybody's best interest. You've got to go with what you have avaliable because at the end of the day this is an entertainment business and failure doesn't profit as well, knowingly risking an off year isn't an option. Either way, just because guys like Shanny and Chin are potential candidates for '10 doesn't mean we would land them.

honda522
02-09-2009, 09:21 PM
To everyone who doesn't agree with Todd Haley being the new coach, if Tony believes shouldn't YOU believe?

N TX Dave
02-09-2009, 10:36 PM
I don't think another experiment year (with Chan this time) was in anybody's best interest. You've got to go with what you have avaliable because at the end of the day this is an entertainment business and failure doesn't profit as well, knowingly risking an off year isn't an option. Either way, just because guys like Shanny and Chin are potential candidates for '10 doesn't mean we would land them.

:sign0098:
I am with you there - "A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush".
Who is to say that next year we could have got Shanny, Gruden, Chower or anyother or the "top" HC to come to KC, they might not want to come unless they had total control and we would have to dump Pioli also to get them much less not want to come to the boonies in KC? If we were just going to try to tread water for a year they should have just keep HE.

jmlamerson
02-10-2009, 10:41 AM
I am with you there - "A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush".
Who is to say that next year we could have got Shanny, Gruden, Chower or anyother or the "top" HC to come to KC, they might not want to come unless they had total control and we would have to dump Pioli also to get them much less not want to come to the boonies in KC? If we were just going to try to tread water for a year they should have just keep HE.

Here's a fun game. How many SB coaches have ever done well at their post-SB destination?

Here's another fun game. How many 60+ year old coaches do well in today's NFL?

Here's a final fun game. Let's count the number of times Cowher, Shanahan, and Gruden choked away a season on their old teams.

These people pining for guys like Gruden, Cowher, and Shanahan are delusional.

N TX Dave
02-10-2009, 12:18 PM
Here's a fun game. How many SB coaches have ever done well at their post-SB destination?

Here's a final fun game. Let's count the number of times Cowher, Shanahan, and Gruden choked away a season on their old teams.

I go along with you all the old SB HC that are available did not come into the league as a proven HC that had won a SB they were coordinators at one time. I would rather catch the next young fire in a bottle than have an old flickering flame in a bottle and you can not do that without taking a chance.
Only time will tell if we have that flame or not but I am happy with the hire.

dbolan
02-10-2009, 01:25 PM

For kicks....I will try to answer in some worth while degree.

First answer: Cannot tell. There are not any HC's older than 60.

Second: Cowhers teams choked, I suppose, or was it bad decisions by the players? I know that Cowher did not throw those stupid picks in the flat during the SB...it was Chris...I mean Neil O'Donnel! LMAO! His accomplishments AND lack there of were also very dependent on the "superstars". He relied on over achievers and that got him to a few AFC champ games and 1-1 at the SB.

Gruden: Didn't Rich Gannon throw a high number of pics in the SB?? Didn't Gruden take the Bucs to a SB and win with Brad Johnson? Not too bad, I suppose.

Shannahan: 2 SB's in 2 appearances...Pretty darn good but admittingly, in other seasons after the SB's, he could not get it done.

In a final note, as far as folks getting to goo-goo over these guys as candidates, I think you are right to a degree. They did have to pay some dues to get what they got and sometimes it was not pretty. I really don;t think they would be leaps and bounds better than the Haley hire but the experience "MAY" have made a difference.

Just my spin on it! :beer: