PDA

View Full Version : You make the call.

honda522
02-06-2009, 09:34 PM
High Powered Offense with a ok defense, or...........
Ok Offense and a High Powered Defense?

I take the High Powered Offense. Its more exciting to me. Of course the defense can't be as atrocious as what they were this year. I was thinking 15th ranked defense.

So what do you call for?

texaschief
02-06-2009, 09:41 PM
So, basically, Pittsburgh or Arizona, Oklahoma or Florida... who won those games again? :rolleyes:

honda522
02-06-2009, 09:45 PM
So, basically, Pittsburgh or Arizona... who won that game again? :rolleyes:
Just remember AZ's defense was ranked like 23rd?

And freaking Pittsburgh is lucky as always.

texaschief
02-06-2009, 09:47 PM
Just remember AZ's defense was ranked like 23rd?

And freaking Pittsburgh is lucky as always.

Lucky, like calling the right defenses at the right times? What about their win was lucky?

honda522
02-06-2009, 09:55 PM
Lucky, like calling the right defenses at the right times? What about their win was lucky? One play could have changed the out come.

Pro_Angler
02-06-2009, 11:44 PM
weve had both since the 90's. We have proven that a good offence doesnt make up for a bad defense.

Chiefster
02-06-2009, 11:47 PM
I prefer both a solid offense and defense.

Coach
02-06-2009, 11:50 PM
I am a defensive guy. But I did enjoy the glory days with Priest. If I had to choose, I'd say defense. I really enjoy getting the big stop when the game is on the line.

Chiefster
02-07-2009, 12:06 AM
I am a defensive guy. But I did enjoy the glory days with Priest. If I had to choose, I'd say defense. I really enjoy getting the big stop when the game is on the line.

I miss both the defensive dominance of the nineties and DV's high octane offense.

rodu
02-07-2009, 12:08 AM
I choose both

Chiefster
02-07-2009, 12:08 AM
I choose both

Kansas City Chiefs Forums - View Single Post - You make the call. (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showpost.php?p=116652&postcount=7)

:D

N TX Dave
02-07-2009, 12:16 AM
I agree that we have seen that neither works. Marty had a top defense that could stop average team but could not stop the top teams and an average offense that could score on average teams but not top teams. Then with Dick we could score on teams but the defense could not stop the top teams froms scoring more. Choose your posion one is no better than the other they both will kill you.

I think you need a great offense that can score on anybody even the good teams and a good defense that can stop the average teams and slow down the great teams.

Chiefster
02-07-2009, 12:18 AM
I agree that we have seen that neither works. Marty had a top defense that could stop average team but could not stop the top teams and an average offense that could score on average teams but not top teams. Then with Dick we could score on teams but the defense could not stop the top teams froms scoring more. Choose your posion one is no better than the other they both will kill you.

I think you need a great offense that can score on anybody even the good teams and a good defense that can stop the average teams and slow down the great teams.

REP!!! :D

texaschief
02-07-2009, 03:37 AM
One play could have changed the out come.

Which play? The play where they called the perfect defense where the DE stepped into the passing lane and went 100 yards for the TD? Yeah, lucky... or a good defensive call and great defensive player making a great defensive play.

theaxeeffect4311
02-07-2009, 04:14 AM
Which play? The play where they called the perfect defense where the DE stepped into the passing lane and went 100 yards for the TD? Yeah, lucky... or a good defensive call and great defensive player making a great defensive play.

See Tex, I understand where he is coming from. When you look at the Arizona defense, they made some good plays. I especially liked when Big Ben got sacked, then in the next play he still picked up the first down...wait, how many times did he do that?

honda522
02-07-2009, 11:21 AM
ANY NUMBER OF PLAYS!! All it took was one play to change the outcome of the game. You take away the INT TD. If Warner didn't force it in there.....or if they could of tackled him.

Or they could of reviewed the fumbler.

I DONT CARE ANYMORE, the came is over and DONE. This is your opinion on how you would like to see the Chiefs pan out on offense and defense. You do realize in 03' the Chiefs defense was ranked close to last?? I am not talking about having a defense like that. I want a defense like the Redskins, but the offense of the 03' team.

okikcfan
02-07-2009, 11:38 AM
I would have to say the INT. and the defence is what lost it for the Cards...When they had to they moved the ball with ease, alot of missed tackles and so on. Look at that last drive Pitts. made, bam, bam, bam, game over. How many Chiefs games have we seen that looked like that? Way too many to count.

marloweopatchiefs
02-07-2009, 01:21 PM
def a high powered offense like the one from the vermeil days and ok defense. Back then are defense was just downright horrible and couldn't stop anyone. And if we even had a medicore defense back then we would have went to the superbowl i think.

Chiefster
02-07-2009, 01:29 PM
def a high powered offense like the one from the vermeil days and ok defense. Back then are defense was just downright horrible and couldn't stop anyone. And if we even had a medicore defense back then we would have went to the superbowl i think.

That has been the Chiefs in a nutshell; either a great defense and bad offense or a great offense and a bad defense. We just have not been able to get the two together; except for last year - we were bad on both offense and defense. Both showed flashes at times, but nothing really that would make me say we were good on one or the other on a consistent basis.

slc chief
02-07-2009, 01:35 PM
how about a balanced team that is my vote

marloweopatchiefs
02-07-2009, 01:36 PM
that would work to

Pro_Angler
02-07-2009, 01:51 PM
I'd rather see a great defense and the offense we had the 2nd half of last season.

chiefnut
02-07-2009, 01:54 PM
if you have a stellar defense and less than average offense, the D will give that O more chances and w/better field position...although if the O is truly horrible then the D is on the field too long and will get tired.
if the O is stellar and the D less than average they will score quickly and often again putting your suspect D in harms way way too long and too often allowing them to give up scores and field position
it seems to me a great D can help the offense more than a great O helping the defense so i'll vote "DEFENSE"

Chiefster
02-07-2009, 02:19 PM

I think that's everyones vote. :D

Northcountry68
02-07-2009, 02:49 PM
Defense wins championships...PERIOD!

Bike
02-07-2009, 10:27 PM
I want a defense that scores points!!
BTW, if anybody thinks Pittsburg was lucky, allow me to refer you to a phrase my ol' man use to tell me:
You make your own luck.

Coach
02-07-2009, 10:29 PM

That is almost always how you win in the playoffs. Pittsburgh was the most balanced team in the superbowl and they won.

Bike
02-07-2009, 11:15 PM
That is almost always how you win in the playoffs. Pittsburgh was the most balanced team in the superbowl and they won.
Correct. I don't see anyone keeping them out of SB next year either. In 2011, however....

Coach
02-07-2009, 11:22 PM
Correct. I don't see anyone keeping them out of SB next year either. In 2011, however....
Pittsburgh needs to address the OL in a big way.

Bike
02-07-2009, 11:32 PM
Yeah - and they should with the OL talent in this years draft...

Chiefster
02-07-2009, 11:46 PM

They're not alone.

N TX Dave
02-07-2009, 11:55 PM

:sign0153:

We were a balanced team last year.

:mob:

I still want a great offensive that can score on anybody with a good defense that can stop average teams and slow the great teams. If we can score 32 points in the playoffs and only give up 24 we will win.

Chiefster
02-07-2009, 11:58 PM
:sign0153:

We were a balanced team last year.

:mob:

I still want a great offensive that can score on anybody with a good defense that can stop average teams and slow the great teams. If we can score 32 points in the playoffs and only give up 24 we will win.

Yup, bad on both sides of the ball.

Bike
02-08-2009, 12:08 AM
Yup, bad on both sides of the ball.
I bet that made an interesting training camp. Bad offense vs. bad defense and Herm praising both sides for blowing each other off the line...:sign0153:

Chiefster
02-08-2009, 12:10 AM
I bet that made an interesting training camp. Bad offense vs. bad defense and Herm praising both sides for blowing each other off the line...:sign0153:

:lol: Never thought of it like that.