PDA

View Full Version : And the Hits just keep on comming....

okikcfan
02-07-2009, 11:18 AM
And with Thursday night’s report by Fox’s Jay Glazer that Cardinals offensive coordinator Todd Haley has accepted a job as the head coach of the Chiefs, it’s possible Warner will view Kansas City as a viable alternative. :lol:

Coach
02-07-2009, 11:20 AM
Yeah right. No way Warner comes here.

okikcfan
02-07-2009, 11:22 AM
These two shall pass? With 2007 MVP Tom Brady (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/5228/;_ylt=AkRaGgklc7XdNJ2vg24kyPOr0op4) planning to return from the severe knee injury he suffered in the New England Patriots (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/nwe/;_ylt=Aj5pJT56Lkz7z9TJZTBAXU6r0op4)’ ’08 opener, conventional wisdom suggests that career backup Matt Cassel (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7406/;_ylt=ArS1rN3_ox7HK9MgvzBS02Cr0op4), who overcame a shaky start to emerge as a productive NFL passer, will be dealt to the highest bidder. The Pats franchised Cassel on Thursday, which would guarantee him a one-year salary of $14.65 million and tie up a significant portion of their cap – which, in theory, is merely a means of facilitating trade talks with a team like the Chiefs, Bears, Vikings, Lions or 49ers. Don’t be shocked, however, if Cassel ends up spending the ’09 season in New England. For one thing, there is still enough uncertainty about the pace of Brady’s recovery that Cassel, even at that price, might be kept on as an insurance policy. Also, as far-fetched as it might sound, don’t put it past owners Robert and Jonathan Kraft and head coach Bill Belichick to come up with a multiyear package that might entice Cassel to stay on as Brady’s eventual successor. Best guess: Cassel sticks around for another year, makes serious coin as Brady’s backup and cashes in even more handsomely via trade or free agency at this time in 2010.

Coach
02-07-2009, 11:34 AM
hope he doesn't come to KC.

marloweopatchiefs
02-07-2009, 01:31 PM
we don't need another qb darn't stick with thigpen and have gray as the back up.

Pro_Angler
02-07-2009, 01:54 PM
And what is wrong with Thigpen? Why don't we give a QB more of a chance then a few games. He played very good and if not for our D we could have easily been 11-12 wins last year.

Drunker Hillbilly
02-07-2009, 06:15 PM
And what is wrong with Thigpen? Why don't we give a QB more of a chance then a few games. He played very good and if not for our D we could have easily been 11-12 wins last year.
This may be the funniest post in the history of the site!!!!!!!!!:yahoo:

slc chief
02-07-2009, 06:45 PM

i agree about thig dont know about 11-12 wins especially since he came in late. but he definantly showed signs of being a great qb for us. he had more touchdowns and yards then flacco and ryan. but in every bodys eyes they are the good young qbs. thigpen put up some awesome numbers but it comes down to wins. and tyler can thank herms defense for not helping him out. as far as warner coming to kc that is just stupid he would not last 1 game behind this line

Chiefster
02-07-2009, 07:16 PM
I would be very surprised to see Warner here in KC.

tornadospotter
02-07-2009, 07:24 PM
I would be very surprised to see Warner here in KC.
Why sir you have already met Warner in Kansas City.:11: Several in fact.:D

Chiefster
02-07-2009, 07:55 PM
Why sir you have already met Warner in Kansas City.:11: Several in fact.:D

??????

tornadospotter
02-07-2009, 08:12 PM
Why sir you have already met a Warner in Kansas City.:11: Several in fact.:D

??????
:wheelchair: Thought maybe you need some clarification there.

Chiefster
02-07-2009, 08:24 PM
[/u][/i]

:wheelchair: Thought maybe you need some clarification there.

You thought correctly my friend.

hermhater
02-07-2009, 09:25 PM
I met some Warners!

Chiefster
02-07-2009, 09:49 PM
I met some Warners!

...Same hear, I just didn't know it. :D

Chieffaninfl
02-07-2009, 10:07 PM
No thanks the last thing we need is an aging quarterback. What does he have like 1 year left in him. I hate just temporarily filling a need that would be a awful move.

Chiefster
02-07-2009, 10:11 PM
No thanks the last thing we need is an aging quarterback. What does he have like 1 year left in him. I hate just temporarily filling a need that would be a awful move.

Kinda likle we did with Warren Moon.

Coach
02-07-2009, 10:22 PM

The offense scored enough points to win several games last year, but the defense let us down. I remember thinking this would be a Top 10 defense as we were heading into the 2008 season. The lost of Allen combined with the underachievement of Dorsey and our LB's really hurt us. I thought the CB's played well though. Especially when you consider the kind of time that opposing Qb's had in the pocket.

i agree about thig dont know about 11-12 wins especially since he came in late. but he definantly showed signs of being a great qb for us. he had more touchdowns and yards then flacco and ryan. but in every bodys eyes they are the good young qbs. thigpen put up some awesome numbers but it comes down to wins. and tyler can thank herms defense for not helping him out. as far as warner coming to kc that is just stupid he would not last 1 game behind this line

Warner would be a 1 year solution for a team that is at least 2-3 years away from competing for an AFC championship.

slc chief
02-07-2009, 10:32 PM
The offense scored enough points to win several games last year, but the defense let us down. I remember thinking this would be a Top 10 defense as we were heading into the 2008 season. The lost of Allen combined with the underachievement of Dorsey and our LB's really hurt us. I thought the CB's played well though. Especially when you consider the kind of time that opposing Qb's had in the pocket.

Warner would be a 1 year solution for a team that is at least 2-3 years away from competing for an AFC championship.
and he would be a very unnecessary cap hit i think it would be a waste of time and money to bench thigpen for one year of warner

tornadospotter
02-08-2009, 12:37 AM
I met some Warners!

...Same hear, I just didn't know it. :D
:11: Yes you did, and I really think that Warners are good people, but thats just my opinion!

Chiefster
02-08-2009, 12:46 AM
:11: Yes you did, and I really think that Warners are good people, but thats just my opinion!

...Clearly a biased one. :D

tornadospotter
02-08-2009, 12:51 AM
...Clearly a biased one. :D
You think?

OK,
your right!:11: :sign0098:

Pro_Angler
02-08-2009, 12:57 PM
We lost 9 games by a TD or less. Thig averages what 20-21pts a game?? I say the defense lost those 9 games and we won 2 thats 11 wins right there not to mention everyother game but the 2 blow outs we could have been 14-2 last year. Thigpen is just fine he was even the 2nd highest point scoring QB in fantasy since he had started. And you guys want nothing more to get rid of him??

jmlamerson
02-08-2009, 01:33 PM
We lost 9 games by a TD or less. Thig averages what 20-21pts a game?? I say the defense lost those 9 games and we won 2 thats 11 wins right there not to mention everyother game but the 2 blow outs we could have been 14-2 last year. Thigpen is just fine he was even the 2nd highest point scoring QB in fantasy since he had started. And you guys want nothing more to get rid of him??

I think people are worried about Thigpen's 2nd half production and whether he can succeed in a non-spread offense. They also look at his height, his small school background, and the fact that he didn't win any close games this year as possible indicators that he's flash-in-the-pan.

My opinion is that we have no better options in 2009, and it's worth keeping him to see whether Thigpen can thrive with a real OL.

Chiefster
02-08-2009, 04:05 PM

Not everyone feels this way, I for one believe that he should at least have the opportunity to compete for the starting job.

spiman
02-08-2009, 08:35 PM
Yea right again

Pro_Angler
02-08-2009, 08:49 PM
I think people are worried about Thigpen's 2nd half production and whether he can succeed in a non-spread offense. They also look at his height, his small school background, and the fact that he didn't win any close games this year as possible indicators that he's flash-in-the-pan.

My opinion is that we have no better options in 2009, and it's worth keeping him to see whether Thigpen can thrive with a real OL.

Our offense wasnt on the field when our defense got drove on in last minute of those games to lose it for us...

jmlamerson
02-08-2009, 11:56 PM
Our offense wasnt on the field when our defense got drove on in last minute of those games to lose it for us...

True, but he also didn't produce in the second halves of games. One of the reasons we kept blowing halftime leads is because we couldn't score in the 2nd half.

Bike
02-09-2009, 12:38 AM
True, but he also didn't produce in the second halves of games. One of the reasons we kept blowing halftime leads is because we couldn't score in the 2nd half.
I think some of that had to do with Herms' inability at halftime adjustments. With Dick Curl and Herm gone, Hopefully Thig can get some coaching from somebody that knows what they're doing...

jmlamerson
02-09-2009, 02:42 PM
I think some of that had to do with Herms' inability at halftime adjustments. With Dick Curl and Herm gone, Hopefully Thig can get some coaching from somebody that knows what they're doing...

Oh, I agree. And I'm not saying that it was Thigpen's fault we lost the games. Only that it's an indicator that we should be reasonably concerned about. That it's too early to consider Thigpen a bust or a success - he's shown flashes of both.

bnm5510
02-09-2009, 04:05 PM
Where has anybody heard anyone within the organization say that they weren't going to give thigpen a chance to compete for the starting job.

jmlamerson
02-09-2009, 04:07 PM
Where has anybody heard anyone within the organization say that they weren't going to give thigpen a chance to compete for the starting job.

They haven't said anything about personnel yet, either negative or positive. I'm sure we'll be hearing more as soon FA begins.