PDA

View Full Version : Cornerback help????

Old_admin
05-02-2006, 10:35 PM
I was kind of surprised to see the Chiefs neglect their need for cornerbacks in the draft. Have any of you heard any rumors about any free agent CB's being brought in to help the Chiefs secondary? Last year, the secondary was very weak and they lost Warfield who was probably their best cover corner.

Chiefster
05-03-2006, 10:56 AM
admin wrote:I was kind of surprised to see the Chiefs neglect their need for cornerbacks in the draft. Have any of you heard any rumors about any free agent CB's being brought in to help the Chiefs secondary? Last year, the secondary was very weak and they lost Warfield who was probably their best cover corner.

The big buzz around KC is that Herm is trying to bring in Ty Law, however, I believe that to be a pipe dream at this point; but I would love to be proven wrong.

Guru
05-27-2006, 02:34 AM
Wait until July. If we are to sign him, that is when it will happen. I think the odds are good though.

Chiefster
05-27-2006, 02:40 AM
Guru wrote:
Wait until July. If we are to sign him, that is when it will happen. I think the odds are good though.

I don't know; at this point I'll need to see it to believe it.

Guru
05-27-2006, 02:42 AM
If we had any coach other than Herm, I would agree.

Chiefster
05-27-2006, 02:51 AM
Guru wrote:

True, but make no mistake Ty won't go to the Chiefs because him and Herm have some special relationship or anything; he'll go to the highest bidder.

Guru
05-27-2006, 04:01 AM
Chiefster wrote:

Guru wrote:

True, but make no mistake Ty won't go to the Chiefs because him and Herm have some special relationship or anything; he'll go to the highest bidder.

Well, if there was a year for KC to be the top bidder, this would be the year.

Chiefster
05-27-2006, 04:06 AM
Guru wrote:

Chiefster wrote:

Guru wrote:

Well, if there was a year for KC to be the top bidder, this would be the year.
True we did absolutely nothing in the way of FA acquisition...so far.

Guru
05-27-2006, 04:10 AM
Chiefster wrote:

I have to believe there is a reason for that.

Chiefster
05-27-2006, 04:39 AM
Guru wrote:

Chiefster wrote:

I have to believe there is a reason for that.

One would hope so; but you know Carl!

Guru
05-27-2006, 04:45 AM
Chiefster wrote:

Yeah, true.

Chiefster
05-28-2006, 07:31 AM
Guru wrote:

Chiefster wrote:

Yeah, true.

Who knows maybe Carl will surprize us all. :roll:

KC-Krazo
06-01-2006, 01:59 PM
we wouldnt need him if our line would step up.With pressure on the QB we could use benny sap and do fine. We get in trouble when we give the ther QB 5,7,10 seconds to throw and even TY couldnt help ya with that.this is all gunna have to start with pressure on the QB. And thats where Guns love child is supposed to help us. If bell is what he says he is no QB should have more than 3 sec. to throw. That makes the field much smaller for our corners.We shall see

Halfcan
06-02-2006, 01:00 AM
King carl says we are going to camp with what we got-he would never lie-would he??

Guru
06-02-2006, 01:01 AM
http://smiley.onegreatguy.net/liar.gif

Nope

Chiefster
06-02-2006, 01:03 AM
Halfcan wrote:
King carl says we are going to camp with what we got-he would never lie-would he??

:lol: :lol:

Oh, of course not.

chief31
06-08-2006, 10:23 AM
There is a reason for that.Our money is spent.Even with the salary cap having been raised,We are still near the cap.
Ty Law isn't going to be a Chief unless he is willing to take a huge paycut for the first season.
I did notice some cap room being made so far but certainly not enough to sign draft picks, Michael Bennett, and Ty Law.That would require some mathematical genious.But no sense in giving up until Ty has a home.

Chiefster
06-08-2006, 10:27 AM
chief31 wrote:
There is a reason for that.Our money is spent.Even with the salary cap having been raised,We are still near the cap.
Ty Law isn't going to be a Chief unless he is willing to take a huge paycut for the first season.
I did notice some cap room being made so far but certainly not enough to sign draft picks, Michael Bennett, and Ty Law.That would require some mathematical genious.But no sense in giving up until Ty has a home.

True, however, I think you are correct in your observation that "...Law isn't going to be a Chief".

chief31
06-08-2006, 10:40 AM
Eventhough it sure is a pretty picture.
Law; Surtain; Knight and Pollard.
Very pretty.

KC-Krazo
06-08-2006, 07:30 PM
chief31 wrote:
I did notice some cap room being made so far but certainly not enough to sign draft picks, Michael Bennett, and Ty Law.That would require some mathematical genious.But no sense in giving up until Ty has a home. SO i read what ya wrote right we would have been at least 16 million over without the extension? :roll: Or have we spent that somewhere? please elaborate?

chief31
06-08-2006, 10:44 PM
O.K. Well,we were sixteen million dollars over the "old" cap number for this season.Then the new C.B.A.(collective bargaining agreement) Raised the salary cap. If it were not for the restructuring of some players contracts, and the cuts that were made, we still would have been over the salary cap. Now with the couple of minor signings that we've made, I don't beleive there is much room left under the cap.
Now I'm not a salary cap expert, so maybe they have made more room than I thought.But I doubt it.

Hope that clarifies the way I am looking at it.

KC-Krazo
06-08-2006, 11:09 PM
chief31 wrote:
O.K. Well,we were sixteen million dollars over the "old" cap number for this season.Then the new C.B.A.(collective bargaining agreement) Raised the salary cap. If it were not for the restructuring of some players contracts, and the cuts that were made, we still would have been over the salary cap. Now with the couple of minor signings that we've made, I don't beleive there is much room left under the cap.
Now I'm not a salary cap expert, so maybe they have made more room than I thought.But I doubt it.

Hope that clarifies the way I am looking at it. I was hopin warfield,T-rich, would have made some cap space.And i figure mabey even Hicks by the start of season.

Guru
06-09-2006, 12:20 AM
Leave the cap for the experts. I won't even try to pretend that I understand those numbers at all. :evil:

Chiefster
06-09-2006, 01:32 AM
Guru wrote:
Leave the cap for the experts. I won't even try to pretend that I understand those numbers at all. :evil:

I once thought I did; ahh, but alas I was wrong.

Guru
06-09-2006, 02:05 AM
Chiefster wrote:

Guru wrote:

Kinda like that damn QB rating system./

Chiefster
06-09-2006, 02:12 AM
Guru wrote:

Chiefster wrote:

Guru wrote:

Kinda like that damn QB rating system./

:lol: :lol: :lol:

There's a system??

Guru
06-09-2006, 02:17 AM
Chiefster wrote:

There's a system??

ONly if you think 158.7 or 157.8 or whatever = perfect.

How can you have a perfect rating if you didn't complete every single pass for a touchdown?

Chiefster
06-09-2006, 02:52 AM
Guru wrote:

Chiefster wrote:

There's a system??

ONly if you think 158.7 or 157.8 or whatever = perfect.

How can you have a perfect rating if you didn't complete every single pass for a touchdown?

Eh; the epitome of subjectivity......OUCH!

Oh, you know! :-?

Guru
06-09-2006, 02:54 AM
Chiefster wrote:

WOW!!! Two in one sentence. That had to hurt. Here let me help. :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

Chiefster
06-09-2006, 03:03 AM
Guru wrote:

Chiefster wrote:

WOW!!! Two in one sentence. That had to hurt. Here let me help. :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

Gee thanks! :roll: :lol:

Of course you know I'm not above mod abuse. Hmmmmm!

Guru
06-09-2006, 03:05 AM
Chiefster wrote:

Darnit Carl!!!
Darnit Carl!!!
Darnit Carl!!!

chiefster :evil:
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! :-D

Chiefster
06-09-2006, 03:10 AM
Guru wrote:

Chiefster wrote:

Darnit Carl!!!
Darnit Carl!!!
Darnit Carl!!!

chiefster :evil:
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! :-D

There; fixed it all up fer ya. :-D :lol:

Guru
06-09-2006, 03:19 AM
http://smiley.onegreatguy.net/ahh.gifhttp://smiley.onegreatguy.net/ninjastealth.gifhttp://smiley.onegreatguy.net/nunchucks.gif

KC-Krazo
06-09-2006, 08:35 AM
I saw where the Chiefs signed 4 . Didn't see any CORNERBACK HELP! :roll:

Guru
06-10-2006, 12:06 AM
We just need to get McNugget back and all would be well.

Chiefster
06-10-2006, 01:02 AM
Guru wrote:
We just need to get McNugget back and all would be well.

My Memory must be really bad - McNugget???? Is that McClingon you're referring to???

Guru
06-10-2006, 01:37 AM
Yes and yes. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chiefster
06-10-2006, 02:02 AM
Guru wrote:

...What was the question again???

Guru
06-10-2006, 02:06 AM
Chiefster wrote:

Guru wrote:

Hmmm, lemme see...

My Memory must be really bad YESSSSSS- McNugget???? Is that McClingon you're referring to??? YESSSSSSS

:lol:

Chiefster
06-10-2006, 02:12 AM
Guru wrote:

Chiefster wrote:

Guru wrote:

Hmmm, lemme see...

My Memory must be really bad YESSSSSS- McNugget???? Is that McClingon you're referring to??? YESSSSSSS

:lol:

Ummm; so, then, what your saying is that your answer is: "yes". :-D

Guru
06-10-2006, 02:31 AM
That is what the 8-ball said.

Chiefster
06-10-2006, 02:34 AM
Guru wrote:

Why yes; yes it is. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guru
06-10-2006, 02:40 AM
Chiefster wrote:

Guru wrote:

So, your 8-ball agrees that your memory is really bad? :hammer:

Chiefster
06-10-2006, 02:45 AM
Guru wrote:

Chiefster wrote:

Guru wrote:

So, your 8-ball agrees that your memory is really bad? :hammer:

You must not speak for the 8 ball. Why; that's BLASPHEMY!!

Halfcan
06-13-2006, 12:42 AM
If we get a pass rush this year, our CB's will look a lot less ****ty.

Chiefster
06-13-2006, 12:44 AM
Hopefully Hali will help out in that regard.

KC-Krazo
06-14-2006, 09:22 PM
Halfcan wrote:
If we get a pass rush this year, our CB's will look a lot less ****ty. I been saying that for a few years. http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2006/06/1.jpgNo pass rush and your corners look like ned in the first grade!http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2006/06/2.jpg[/img]I got my fingers crossed for anouther year!http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2006/06/2.jpg

Chiefster
06-15-2006, 12:46 AM
KC-Krazo wrote:

Halfcan wrote:
If we get a pass rush this year, our CB's will look a lot less ****ty. I been saying that for a few years. http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2006/06/1.jpgNo pass rush and your corners look like ned in the first grade!http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2006/06/2.jpg[/img]I got my fingers crossed for anouther year!http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2006/06/2.jpg

Time will tell. I'm hoping for a great showing, but must admit that my expectations are gaurded but optimistic.

Guru
06-15-2006, 12:49 AM
Chiefster wrote:
Time will tell. I'm hoping for a great showing, but must admit that my expectations are gaurded but optimistic.

OH good grief man. You know that your expectations are as high as they were last year because the records are 0-0. Just tell the truth. :hammer:

Chiefster
06-15-2006, 12:54 AM
Guru wrote:

Chiefster wrote:

OH good grief man. You know that your expectations are as high as they were last year because the records are 0-0. Just tell the truth. :hammer:

Ok, ok I'll tell ya the truth: just stop with the hammer already; my head is already pounding!!! :-P

Guru
06-15-2006, 02:04 AM
Chiefster wrote:

Guru wrote:

Chiefster wrote:

Ok, ok I'll tell ya the truth: just stop with the hammer already; my head is already pounding!!! :-P

AS Mel Gibson would say in Lethal WEapon.... You shouldn't tempt me man!!!

Chiefster
06-15-2006, 06:33 AM
Guru wrote:

...You're not trying to draw some psycho pension...You really are crazy.

Guru
06-15-2006, 06:48 AM
Chiefster wrote:

Guru wrote:

...You're not trying to draw some psycho pension...You really are crazy.

I'm hungry. I'm gonna get something to eat.

Chiefster
06-15-2006, 07:00 AM
I love that show.

Guru
06-15-2006, 07:02 AM
Chiefster wrote:
I love that show.

It is a classic. You know they are making Lethal Weapon 5 now. Don't know when to quit.

Chiefster
06-15-2006, 07:38 AM
Guru wrote:

Chiefster wrote:
I love that show.

It is a classic. You know they are making Lethal Weapon 5 now. Don't know when to quit.

I didn't know that. Number 1 is still the best. Although I loved the ending in 2:

...diplomatic immunity....BLAM!.... It's just been revoked.

chief31
06-15-2006, 10:21 AM
I have always considered myself to be "defensive minded"
as a football fan.
I'm a Chiefs fan, but have always had an appreciation for an outstanding defensive team.The Pittsburgh Steelers are a paticularly intriguing organization.(Bill Cower is incredible.) Each off-season, they allow their "big name" free agents to leave, with little to no worry. And,lo-and-behold, their defense stays where it was. Right there at the top of the heap.
I have mentioned how I feel about offensive philosophy. Great blocking =great offense.
That is directly relative to my defensive Philosophy. Disrupt their blockig =disrupt their offense.
And as always,there are exceptional players on defense who can make big plays,consistently, even when the offense seems to be running smoothly. "Primetime";Rod Woodson;Brian Urlacher; Ray Lewis, just to name a few recent players. And, it sure is nice to have those guys around. But, in order to beat great blocking, with any degree of regularity, you have to be able to find a way to get a player an open look at the target.(quarterback/halfback).Now, depending on a defensive lineman to beat a great offensive lineman is a very conservative way of trying this, and will result in an inconsistent defense.
Wich brings me back to Bill Cower.The "blitzburgh" defense loses players to free agency every year because they can afford to.Cower does not depend on a player beating his blocker. He counts on a player who won't be blocked. By blitzing from all directions, and from every player on the field.
Ther is a thread in this forum about missuse of Derrick Johnson. I agree with this to an extent. It's my opinion that the entire defense of the Chiefs was missused last season. they were predictable in that they blitzed rarely, and with the same couple of players. Maybe I missed it, but I never noticed Sammie Night blitzing on any passing down last season. If you dont' do it then the opposition knows you won't do it. Predictability. I grant that a 3-4 is quite different from a 4-3. However, if Peyton Manning is guessing who is gonna blitz...then his offense is off balance.
I haven't watched alot of Jets games. So I won't pretend to Know what I'm in for this season.But I've seen alot of Gunther Cunningham coached defense and I know that he will get alot of blitzes going. I just hope he can be creative enough to get more defenders a clear shot at the ball than what we had last season.

Oh yea, I realize that I talk too much. Just haven't had a place to do it with any real Chiefs fans 'til now, so I'm just letting it all out.Venting, if you will.TY

Chiefster
06-15-2006, 12:45 PM
Nice read; good opinions; vent as much as you want and as often. :-D

I think that if Gunther is going to turn the defense around it is going to have to be this year or Herm, the front office, and fans are going to loose patience.

Guru
06-16-2006, 12:19 AM
Chiefster wrote:

I think that if Gunther is going to turn the defense around it is going to have to be this year or Herm, the front office, and fans are going to loose patience.

I don't know. I can see Herm giving him 2 years no matter what happens. More if he is successfull though, of course. :-D

Chiefster
06-16-2006, 12:54 AM
Guru wrote:

Chiefster wrote:

I don't know. I can see Herm giving him 2 years no matter what happens. More if he is successfull though, of course. :-D

Well, as a Chiefs fan there's one thing that I have learned, and that is anything is possible. :-D

chief31
06-16-2006, 09:30 AM
Warfield helped but T-Rich had no contract when we were sixteen million over so his salary was already off the books then.And be careful wishing Hicks away.While I won't argue that he has been less than successful these past couple of seasons, I do believe him to be a very dedicated man who puts forth a huge effort.I'm not in a huge hurry to be rid of him myself.

Chiefster
06-16-2006, 12:51 PM
I don't believe that there is any questioning his heart, but his abilities may be another may well be the issue. I don't recall seeing a lot of production from him last year, but it might be that he contributed in ways that are not readily recognizable.