PDA

View Full Version : Kipers Latest..........

Drunker Hillbilly
02-14-2009, 05:41 PM
At this point he has the Chiefs taking Mark Sanchez at #3. A lot of the names mentioned on this board he doesn't have going until about #10 and up. Not that this means jack I just thought I would post his latest mock up.

Hayvern
02-14-2009, 05:55 PM
Yeah, who did this guy have us taking last year? Matt Ryan? Another QB. I think it always funny reading what these guys think. Kiper has no idea what the Chiefs need this off-season, he is just going down the list of available people and assigning them to teams.

AkChief49
02-14-2009, 06:24 PM
Yeah I think "Count Chocula" is throwing darts(blind folded)sorry I do not remember who coined the count chocula first ...someone on this board. thought it was funny as heck!

hometeam
02-14-2009, 07:00 PM
I wouldnt put too much stock in what Kiper has to say, Mayock is usually the closest from what I have seen, and hes still usually way off~

texaschief
02-15-2009, 12:00 AM
Mock drafts and their evaluations are unreliable because they just have every team drafting for need instead of the best players available.

If you want to get a good read on the draft:
go to all these mock draft sites and look at their player rankings.

Take the average of each player from all these sites

Then, pair each team with the players ranked next to that team, then the player ahead and below that pick

Then, figure out which of those three players best fills or upgrades a position on that team, and then you'll have a better idea as to how the draft will go.

All these mocks are ridiculous because none of these guys follows all 32 teams as closely as they follow their favorite team. I've done mock Chiefs drafts before, but they're dumb because they just draft for need and that's not how drafts go. You need to pay more attention to player rankings.

Drunker Hillbilly
02-15-2009, 11:59 AM
I personally think when top 10 teams draft based on need they are doing their team a disservice! When you are that low in the draft, my opinion is that you need to take the best player available left on the board when it is your turn regardless of position.

jmlamerson
02-15-2009, 12:02 PM
I personally think when top 10 teams draft based on need they are doing their team a disservice! When you are that low in the draft, my opinion is that you need to take the best player available left on the board when it is your turn regardless of position.

Thankfully, the Chiefs need everything. No matter who we draft, it'll be for need and be the BPA.

I will blow a gasket if we draft even one TE this year.

Drunker Hillbilly
02-15-2009, 12:11 PM
Thankfully, the Chiefs need everything. No matter who we draft, it'll be for need and be the BPA.

I will blow a gasket if we draft even one TE this year.
I guess the bottom line is that they need to figure out what position is the biggest priority. Personall I think it is on the offensive side of the ball. I realize our D was possibly the worst in the league but I believe that to be Gunthers fault more than the players. If you can't score, you can't win!!!!!

Hayvern
02-15-2009, 12:46 PM

And I have to completely disagree. For instance, if I had Eli Manning at QB or someone of equal calibre at quarterback and somehow found myself with a top three pick (maybe trades or a bad year). I would in no way be thinking that I would or even should draft Stafford or Sanchez. Why would I want to spend that kind of money for a QB, when I have one of the best already?

On another question, if Sanchez is so good and we followed your statement, then the Rams should be taking him in the second round should they not?

marloweopatchiefs
02-15-2009, 01:17 PM
i completely disagree with it..i saw that to..i still say they get crabtree first....we dont need a quarterback...give thigpen the go and have quin gray as the backup

Drunker Hillbilly
02-15-2009, 06:50 PM
And I have to completely disagree. For instance, if I had Eli Manning at QB or someone of equal calibre at quarterback and somehow found myself with a top three pick (maybe trades or a bad year). I would in no way be thinking that I would or even should draft Stafford or Sanchez. Why would I want to spend that kind of money for a QB, when I have one of the best already?

On another question, if Sanchez is so good and we followed your statement, then the Rams should be taking him in the second round should they not?
I guess I didn't know I would need to be sooooooo precise when making a statement like that. I thought it went without saying if you have one of the best at a position then of course you don't draft that position. Now, having said that, you as an organization have to choose which player is the best left on the board. If you having Eli Manning don't think that Sanchez or Stafford is the best player available, then the rule still stands. PICK THE BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE!!!!

Why would the Rams pick him in the second round? If he was that good he wouldn't be there in the second round! Most NFL GM's will tell you they draft based on the best players available when they draft. They take both need and ranking into consideration but most times end up taking the best player in their minds.

Pro_Angler
02-15-2009, 07:10 PM
i completely disagree with it..i saw that to..i still say they get crabtree first....we dont need a quarterback...give thigpen the go and have quin gray as the backup

I agree 100% about crabtree and thig.

Drunker Hillbilly
02-15-2009, 08:22 PM
Crabtree will definetely not be our first pick. Not a chance!

Bike
02-15-2009, 10:35 PM
Crabtree will definetely not be our first pick. Not a chance!
Maybe we could draft him and trade him.

jmlamerson
02-15-2009, 11:17 PM
Maybe we could draft him and trade him.

When was the last time a team traded into the top-5 for a position that wasn't QB?

Yeah, that's what I thought.

topgonzo
02-15-2009, 11:54 PM
The Chiefs will NOT draft a QB with their first pick.

marloweopatchiefs
02-16-2009, 01:16 PM
I agree 100% about crabtree and thig.

yeah but on the whole QB thread i posted about crabtree and no one seems to want to get him. I however hope we do

CJ25
02-16-2009, 02:08 PM
At this point he has the Chiefs taking Mark Sanchez at #3. A lot of the names mentioned on this board he doesn't have going until about #10 and up. Not that this means jack I just thought I would post his latest mock up.

I wouldn't mind Mark at all

Coach
02-16-2009, 02:52 PM
The Chiefs will NOT draft a QB with their first pick.

You'd like to thinkso, but the reality is that we don't know how this organziation wil draft considering we have a new GM and a new HC. We can't really base it off of prior drafts.

HokieChief 09
02-16-2009, 04:29 PM
You'd like to thinkso, but the reality is that we don't know how this organziation wil draft considering we have a new GM and a new HC. We can't really base it off of prior drafts.

I agree. We shouldn't know what to expect with this draft..with the collaboration of Pioli/Haley, its kinda tough to predict who we will take #1 this year. I think it's 50/50 whether we take Sanchez or not.

TheLateGreat#58Fan
02-17-2009, 10:03 AM
You dont want to take a QB but you want to take a WR number 1? Just b/c the Rams dont take the best QB available at their spot doesnt mean he isnt any good. They have many needs and still have Marc Bulger. Everyone on here has to atleast partially agree that not drafting a first round QB in the last 20 years has hurt us. Was the last first round QB Todd Blackledge?

yashi
02-17-2009, 10:11 AM
Personally I don't want to take a QB in round 1 because that position was one of few strengths last season, and there are many positions where much more of an upgrade is possible. With that said I wouldn't mind drafting someone like Bomar in a later round if we don't get a decent free agent.

jmlamerson
02-17-2009, 10:26 AM
You dont want to take a QB but you want to take a WR number 1? Just b/c the Rams dont take the best QB available at their spot doesnt mean he isnt any good. They have many needs and still have Marc Bulger. Everyone on here has to atleast partially agree that not drafting a first round QB in the last 20 years has hurt us. Was the last first round QB Todd Blackledge?

The last QB drafted (in any round) by the Chiefs to win a game for us was Blackledge.

Chief Tyler
02-17-2009, 11:10 AM

We haven't had a first round QB in 20 years, but we've had guys like Gannon, Green, Grbac, DeBerg, and Montana come through here. Under Vermeil it wasn't quarterback issues that set us back... Our last first round QB was part of the terrible 80's yet we witness the best Chiefs decade since the 60's without one. That hurt us real bad.

and btw, the Rams can afford to skip out on a QB because they still have Bulger, but we have to draft one because we're stuck with Thigs? lol?

warcrychief
02-18-2009, 09:32 AM
I would figure that you would have to consider that Green was our 1st round draft pick, because we traded for him with our 1st round. And i feel he didnt disappoint. Only Manning had better #'s than him. but talk about horrible defensive drafts from that time.

hometeam
02-18-2009, 09:50 AM
He also came with a fourth round pick, and came in as a vet.. not quite the same thing~

chief31
02-18-2009, 09:56 AM
I guess I didn't know I would need to be sooooooo precise when making a statement like that. I thought it went without saying if you have one of the best at a position then of course you don't draft that position. Now, having said that, you as an organization have to choose which player is the best left on the board. If you having Eli Manning don't think that Sanchez or Stafford is the best player available, then the rule still stands. PICK THE BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE!!!!

Why would the Rams pick him in the second round? If he was that good he wouldn't be there in the second round! Most NFL GM's will tell you they draft based on the best players available when they draft. They take both need and ranking into consideration but most times end up taking the best player in their minds.

He also came with a fourth round pick, and came in as a vet.. not quite the same thing~

Better.

warcrychief
02-18-2009, 10:04 AM

But he was unknown as to what he could do. Only Vermil knew as to what he was able to do. Alot of teams didnt want to take a chance on him. Even with QB needs, like Miami. They said of him that he was not worth the risk. How well would have they done if they did take him then.

chief31
02-18-2009, 10:24 AM
But he was unknown as to what he could do. Only Vermil knew as to what he was able to do. Alot of teams didnt want to take a chance on him. Even with QB needs, like Miami. They said of him that he was not worth the risk. How well would have they done if they did take him then.

They would have sucked, and he would have sucked. They refused to take pass protection seriously.