PDA

View Full Version : You know who I would like to have........

fairladyZ
02-15-2009, 02:33 AM
BACK!!!...

Dante Hall.
I was watching some highlights of his old days and man what a game changer he was. Why did we get rid of him again? Granted his production went down but did we get better or worse in kick/punt returns without him? I liked him I would like to give STL a Hot Dog and Beer and bring dante back. I bet they would except that trade.

Great vid, but unfortunately breaks the language rules.

texaschief
02-15-2009, 02:44 AM
Great vid. too bad you're probably getting reprimanded for it. :lol: :sign0096:

hermhater
02-15-2009, 02:50 AM
What's going on in here?

What will get him reprimanded?

Hayvern
02-15-2009, 02:57 AM
BACK!!!...

Dante Hall.
I was watching some highlights of his old days and man what a game changer he was. Why did we get rid of him again? Granted his production went down but did we get better or worse in kick/punt returns without him? I liked him I would like to give STL a Hot Dog and Beer and bring dante back. I bet they would except that trade.

YouTube - Daunte Hall Highlight (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecKwLU6BYtI&feature=related)

I have to believe this was one of those moves by the brilliant managers we once had on this team. I believe they called it, "Getting Younger".

texaschief
02-15-2009, 03:08 AM
I have to believe this was one of those moves by the brilliant managers we once had on this team. I believe they called it, "Getting Younger".

... yeah, that one sure backfired on us... cuz he's done SOOOOOO much in St. Louis and all...

fairladyZ
02-15-2009, 03:34 AM
Maybe nws cause language??? I didnt even listen to the song before i posted whoops!!! Sorry i forgot!!!!! Cant think of any other reason to get in trouble.

Yeah dantes production has fallen off dramatically. Sad he used to be so good. I can still hope right!? Give st louis a nice washing machine in trade for him back and he returns to his old form! I can wish right? He had good attitude to. I liked him

Edit i just watched the video with sound n whoops!! My bad sorry!! If i could edit it i would. Crapola

jap1
02-15-2009, 05:59 AM
One of the big reasons we have no return game anymore is our personnel. Back then we had great personnel on offense and average on defense.

Special teams players are usually made up of backup OL, backup LBs and DBs. Until we solidify those positions, and then get some talent and stability in the back-up roles, we will never have a consistent return game until we have consistency and talent as backups and therefore in the return game.

This last year, we have backup quality players on the OL. No depth at DB other than McGraw who is a decent special teamer (he was always around the ball on kickoffs and punts). And LB was a revolving door so anyone who was on ST ended moving to a starting spot and there was no consistency.

Coach
02-15-2009, 08:23 AM
I would like to have Dante back when he was good. Just like the Chicago Bears would like to have Destin Hester from 2006 & 2007.

These KR's seem to have a short shelf life.

I will probably get ridiculed for this opinion, but I think Pat White could be a great KR. He has avergage NFL speed(4.5), but his acceleration and ability to change directions is unreal.

He is just a pure athlete and could probably play half of the positions on the field.

YouTube - Pat White Highlights

chiefsfreak4life
02-15-2009, 10:05 AM
Dante Hall sure did give us alot to cheer about, but I do believe we got the best of the trade. Dante just hasn't returned to form while in St Louis.
Nice to watch the clip, back when we had decent special teams.

honda522
02-15-2009, 11:19 AM
I think those type of guys only last for a year. Look at Hester, he had one good year and now he hardly gets anything.

We need to pick up Sproiles and improve our special team blocking.

drstandley31
02-15-2009, 11:46 AM
That's an example of the follie of Carl/Herm. Would get rid of guys to get draft picks, or watch them retire, but never replace them. The OL's a good example. Or Tony Richardson. How do you go into a season losing a pro-bowl FB and not replace him. Wondery why L J's numbers dived and injuries rose, because he had no FB or OL to run behind. How freakin simple is that to see for professional coaches. Dante is another example. How do you not replace a kick returner. They just figured somebody would do it. I understand the trade regarding Jarred Allen, but to not back fill the DE position was amazingly stupid. It goes on and on. At the end of that 3 year experiment we have a very good secondary, and that's it. Wonder if they ever wonder why they got fired.
Good times are around the corner. I believe in these guys. I think we've got some Football guys now, and it's going to make a difference! And I'm so glad Chan is staying! We need coaches like him.

honda522
02-15-2009, 12:03 PM
That's an example of the follie of Carl/Herm. Would get rid of guys to get draft picks, or watch them retire, but never replace them. The OL's a good example. Or Tony Richardson. How do you go into a season losing a pro-bowl FB and not replace him. Wondery why L J's numbers dived and injuries rose, because he had no FB or OL to run behind. How freakin simple is that to see for professional coaches. Dante is another example. How do you not replace a kick returner. They just figured somebody would do it. I understand the trade regarding Jarred Allen, but to not back fill the DE position was amazingly stupid. It goes on and on. At the end of that 3 year experiment we have a very good secondary, and that's it. Wonder if they ever wonder why they got fired.
Good times are around the corner. I believe in these guys. I think we've got some Football guys now, and it's going to make a difference! And I'm so glad Chan is staying! We need coaches like him.
I agree with the loss of Richardson to some extent, in 2006 LJ had an ok season. But it got progressively worse from the effort prospective of it all. LJ runs into his blockers and falls down, he use to wait for a hole to open up, now he just runs striagth.

But I will totally agree with you that you cant get rid of a play maker and NOT replace them.

Chiefster
02-15-2009, 02:14 PM
I would like to have Dante back when he was good. Just like the Chicago Bears would like to have Destin Hester from 2006 & 2007.

I will probably get ridiculed for this opinion, but I think Pat White could be a great KR. He has avergage NFL speed(4.5), but his acceleration and ability to change directions is unreal.

He is just a pure athlete and could probably play half of the positions on the field.

YouTube - Pat White Highlights (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0YPDFmcp5Y)

NICE!

hometeam
02-15-2009, 02:51 PM
Hester can and will do more, unfortunately they are wasting his insane KR ability by not letting him concentrate on it.

As for Sproles, there is no need. We can get a decent KR for much less money. In fact, if we would give him a chance Charles could be a good KR for us~

jmlamerson
02-15-2009, 03:00 PM

Yeah. A good KR/PR is usually lightning in a bottle. You're never set at the position for more than two to three years anymore (not since the Brian Mitchell era). Like the RB position, the KR/PR position has changed from a permanent sort of job into a transient one. An endless supply of fresh legs is more important than any one man at the position.

honda522
02-15-2009, 03:11 PM
Hester can and will do more, unfortunately they are wasting his insane KR ability by not letting him concentrate on it.

As for Sproles, there is no need. We can get a decent KR for much less money. In fact, if we would give him a chance Charles could be a good KR for us~
Charles did a few times, he just can't seem to hang onto the ball.

kuchief
02-15-2009, 03:41 PM
ya Dante was great for a couple of years but seemed to lost his burst or other teams had him figured out.