PDA

View Full Version : will brodie croyle be cut

marloweopatchiefs
02-16-2009, 01:26 PM
or will they keep him around? just wanted to know you guys opinions?i hope they cut him he stinks

jmlamerson
02-16-2009, 01:33 PM
or will they keep him around? just wanted to know you guys opinions?i hope they cut him he stinks

Me too. Some people want to hold onto him for reasons I'll never understand. He can't even finish a game anymore. He's a waste of a roster spot.

Ldub
02-16-2009, 01:43 PM
They will keep him around, He may not be durable enough to be a starter, but hes young and has showed some promise(when hes not flat on his back). Who knows, he might not be as bad as you think if we had a line that could protect him.

Huard will be the one to get cut.

CJ25
02-16-2009, 02:02 PM
Imo very few jobs r safe
He'll havta earn a spot like most others

honda522
02-16-2009, 02:38 PM
Pioli might try and buff him up so he might be an ok starter.

Coach
02-16-2009, 02:41 PM
I'd think he would be on the depth chart. Huard seems like the odd man out at this point. All this will change though depending on free agency and the draft.

For example, if we sign Leftwich or Simms. If we get one of those guys, then I'd guess the depth chart would be Thigpen, Leftwich or Simms, then Quinn Gray. Then Croyle and Huard would be on the outside looking in.

Coach
02-16-2009, 03:21 PM
Has Croyle ever won a game as the Chiefs starter?

HokieChief 09
02-16-2009, 03:22 PM
Yes. He will be cut. That's all I have to say. He sucks, has no composure, has brittle bone sydrome, and is a nervous wreck when pressured. Sad to say, but he just hasn't had a chance partially because of how horrid out O-Line has been...

Ldub
02-16-2009, 03:25 PM

nope

YZILLA
02-16-2009, 04:28 PM
He has a few great things going for him though. Hes a great person and does great charity work. Plus he has a Very Hot Wife . I just don't think he stands much of a chance of being on the roster . Maybe ? Who really knows ?

Canada
02-16-2009, 04:39 PM
Hes better than most third stringers we are gonna get. May as well keep him around to carry the clipboard.

Chiefster
02-16-2009, 06:23 PM
I have no idea. I'm kinda thinking that we're stuck with him, because he has zero trade value at this point. IMHO

hometeam
02-16-2009, 07:09 PM
Since they are already going to pay him, they might as well keep him on as third QB~

jmlamerson
02-16-2009, 10:35 PM
Since they are already going to pay him, they might as well keep him on as third QB~

If we cut him, we don't have to pay him. Whatever small amount is the prorated poriton of his signing bonus will count against the cap, but he won't receive another cent.

tornadospotter
02-16-2009, 10:41 PM
Hes better than most third stringers we are gonna get. May as well keep him around to carry the clipboard.
But we have Ingle Martin as clipboard carrier. :D

okikcfan
02-16-2009, 11:06 PM
Ya know Croyle and Thiggie were kinda screwed from the get go with the offense they had to work with. Now Thiggie did much more with what he had than Croyle did but with a few add on's @ offense both could do much better. The question remains, will Pioli and Haley pick up a QB in the FA or the draft and if so who will it be, this will tell us if Croyle will stay or go.

honda522
02-16-2009, 11:38 PM
HAHA, ask him if he has ever gone through an entire game without getting hurt.

AussieChiefsFan
02-17-2009, 01:59 AM
to be honest I think they should keep brodie and tyler atleast 2010 and then see how it turns out.

m0ef0e
02-17-2009, 02:02 PM
Don't cut Brodie. He would never quit bleeding!

Bike
02-17-2009, 02:28 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Codac
02-17-2009, 02:32 PM

Hahaha nice. But no I don't think they will cut him. He will be a decent 2nd/3rd string. Probably more 3rd with Gray in front. However if they draft ANY QB in the Draft he is gone.They will definitely get rid of Huard though.

hometeam
02-17-2009, 02:35 PM
Also keep in mind we have already resigned Ingle Martin this offseason..

Huard is most likely gone, and Thig is gonna be in. So that leave gray, martin, croyle for second AND third QB, and with Ingle resigned, what do that say about the fate of the other two?

Bike
02-17-2009, 02:35 PM
At least Huard has won in the NFL. I really think Croyle is gone.

tornadospotter
02-17-2009, 02:40 PM
:funnypost: about time you decide to post something.:D

Bike
02-17-2009, 02:43 PM
Also keep in mind we have already resigned Ingle Martin this offseason..

Huard is most likely gone, and Thig is gonna be in. So that leave gray, martin, croyle for second AND third QB, and with Ingle resigned, what do that say about the fate of the other two?
I think its Thig, Huard, and Martin. Gray and Croyle are gone.

tornadospotter
02-17-2009, 02:45 PM
I think its Thig, Huard, and Martin. Gray and Croyle are gone.
:sign0153: huard, no.

Bike
02-17-2009, 02:51 PM
[quote=tornadospotter;118720]:sign0153: huard, no.[/quote
We need some kinda experience that has won in the NFL behind Thig. Gray doesn't have the experience Huard has. JMHO.:bananen_smilies046:

balto
02-17-2009, 03:05 PM
Ya cause Huad has TONs of exp winning in KC hehe.

Just because the Chiefs resigned Ingle does not mean he won't be cut.

I see Pioli and Haley doing this.

Draft/FA QB, Thigpen, Croyle

Huad, Gray, Ingle will be gone.

Unless the chiefs try a later round trade for Thigpen. If they get our QB in FA or draft that means we are going to a NFL type O and Thiggy will be worth nothing to us. Maybe Pioli can work with his father-n-law and trade them Thigpen for say a 5th rounder because they run the wild cat alot hehe.

WIth our Oline getting fixed this offseason Pioli and Haley will go with Croyle over Thigpen IF we don't draft or sign a QB in FA.

Codac
02-17-2009, 03:07 PM
Martin has never played at this level. I'm not sure if he even has preseason experience. Besides he was signed as a practice squad guy. Huard is out and Croyle for one more year. Next year they dump him to help make room for our Franchise QB we get in the draft.

tornadospotter
02-17-2009, 03:07 PM
[quote=tornadospotter;118720]:sign0153: huard, no.[/quote
We need some kinda experience that has won in the NFL behind Thig. Gray doesn't have the experience Huard has. JMHO.:bananen_smilies046:
NFL experience will not help, if you are one game or less and done! :character00264:
I would rather do with out the NFL QB vet back up, and get a NFL retired QB like DeBerg, to coach our young QB's.

hometeam
02-17-2009, 03:39 PM
If we cut Huard it will give us some cap back that we can use on someone else. IMO that fact alone will get him gone~

DT14PRIEST
02-17-2009, 04:03 PM
I actually liked Quinn Gray on his one drive in the pre season! I think the QB situation of 09 will be either one of 3 situations listed (in no particular order)

1: Thigpen, Gray, FA
2: Thigpen, Gray, Draft Pick
3: FA, Thigpen, Gray

Remember this is just theory. Huard most likely will be released this year (he's got a ring already, he's old and taking up cap space) and Croyle proved his critics right with his inability to take any form of punishment. Ingle Maritn is just Ingle Martin...Whoever he is >.>

hometeam
02-17-2009, 04:18 PM
I am not saying he should or will stay, I just dont see why they would resign Martin just to cut him.

DT14PRIEST
02-17-2009, 04:20 PM
I am not saying he should or will stay, I just dont see why they would resign Martin just to cut him.

You'll have to ask Carl Peterson on that one

jap1
02-17-2009, 05:00 PM
You'll have to ask Carl Peterson on that one

Actually he was resigned after the season but before we got Pioli. Dont know how that one worked, but unfortunately we cannot blame CP for that one.

Canada
02-17-2009, 05:46 PM
awwww....the blame CP sydrome still lingers. Don't forget Herm!!

Canada
02-17-2009, 05:53 PM
:lol:

tornadospotter
02-17-2009, 05:55 PM
I actually liked Quinn Gray on his one drive in the pre season! I think the QB situation of 09 will be either one of 3 situations listed (in no particular order)

1: Thigpen, Gray, FA
2: Thigpen, Gray, Draft Pick
3: FA, Thigpen, Gray

Remember this is just theory. Huard most likely will be released this year (he's got a ring already, he's old and taking up cap space) and Croyle proved his critics right with his inability to take any form of punishment. Ingle Maritn is just Ingle Martin...Whoever he is >.>
:sign0153:He was not a Chief in the preseason!

DT14PRIEST
02-17-2009, 06:05 PM
:sign0153:He was not a Chief in the preseason!

brain fart :S

was the buffalo game my bad. still looked good though for that series even if it was end of the game

><

wubfree
02-17-2009, 06:30 PM
Brodie is done IMO. He's proven that he's not good enough or tough enough. I think we'll see Thigpen, a draft pick or two - no clue what round, hopefully late, and some FAs.

it seems to be Pioli's MO to find ppl late in drafts...low expectations, good upside if they work out. He almost has no incentive to pick a QB early.

marloweopatchiefs
02-20-2009, 01:26 PM
actually quinn gray only played one series this past year and it was at the end of the buffalo game. I can't remeber exactly what he was like 8 for 8 he was perfect and they scored a touchdown and the guy looked like he could throw a ball pretty far. I say he should be the backup still.

marloweopatchiefs
02-20-2009, 01:26 PM
brain fart :S

was the buffalo game my bad. still looked good though for that series even if it was end of the game

><

yeah sorry didn't see that post lol

JDKCfan
02-20-2009, 05:08 PM
i think hes a second rate back up at best CUT him save a spot we Gray and thigpen draft a QB like 5 round

yashi
02-20-2009, 06:31 PM
Thigpen, Gray, Bomar. Cheap and easy.

I liked Croyle when he was healthy. Problem is he's worthless in the NFL because he can't take a hit.

texaschief
02-20-2009, 07:00 PM
I know there are concerns about Croyle's ability to stay healthy, and rightfully so, but I think he has the most talent of all the QBs we have. There's a VERY strong possibility that the Chiefs don't draft a QB and Croyle has the ability to outperform any FA or current QB the Chiefs would have.... while in spring training and during the pre season. I can't say that I'd be completely shocked if Croyle put on weight and vied for that starting position again.

If the Chiefs ABSOLUTELY don't want Croyle as the starter, they need to get him out before practices start, because he could cause a QB controversy inside the franchise if he consistently outperforms the expected starter.

AkChief49
02-20-2009, 08:32 PM
Schwartz gets rock-star treatment at combine - NFL - Yahoo! Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-thegameface022009&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)

if this was posted elsewhere, I apologize. but here is another rumor.....read Take It To the ATM

AkChief49
02-20-2009, 08:35 PM
looks like coach did post it already. So if it is true, is Derek Anderson on his way to Arrowhead?

jmlamerson
02-20-2009, 09:03 PM
I know there are concerns about Croyle's ability to stay healthy, and rightfully so, but I think he has the most talent of all the QBs we have. There's a VERY strong possibility that the Chiefs don't draft a QB and Croyle has the ability to outperform any FA or current QB the Chiefs would have.... while in spring training and during the pre season. I can't say that I'd be completely shocked if Croyle put on weight and vied for that starting position again.

If the Chiefs ABSOLUTELY don't want Croyle as the starter, they need to get him out before practices start, because he could cause a QB controversy inside the franchise if he consistently outperforms the expected starter.
:iamwithstupid:

ktmrider
02-20-2009, 09:40 PM
I feel for the guy, but I think Brody should and will be gone. He is simply a CP/HE experiment that went horribly wrong. He has a very strong arm but thats where the positives end. He has absolutely NO touch on a throw when he needs it and is as fragile as fine china. He was tagged as the old regimes answer.........he was their man no matter what.......so they had no choice but to stick by him and give him every opportunity, more than most would have recieved. He seems like a nice enough guy, but that is not going to cut it at this level. I really don't know if he'll get any other shots at it.

AussieChiefsFan
02-20-2009, 10:22 PM
He has been injured for a long time and he is a waste of cap room, but i think we should give him another season then make our decision. Unless he get's hurt again.

Bike
02-21-2009, 12:21 AM
He has been injured for a long time and he is a waste of cap room, but i think we should give him another season then make our decision. Unless he get's hurt again.
Why? He's been here 3 years now and has yet to win a game.

Canada
02-21-2009, 12:44 AM
How many games have you won Bike?

Bike
02-21-2009, 12:47 AM
How many games have you won Bike?
Rummy? Just a sec. I need a cold one.:drunkhb:

texaschief
02-21-2009, 03:14 AM

:sign0162:

Canada
02-21-2009, 08:39 AM

:sign0162:

You guys are arguing with smilies now? Why don't you just kiss and get it over with!!

tornadospotter
02-21-2009, 08:48 AM
You guys are arguing with smilies now? Why don't you just kiss and get it over with!!
:undwech:

AussieChiefsFan
02-22-2009, 03:52 AM
Tyler Thigpen has won more games in 1 partial Season than Brodie Croyal has won in 3 Seasons. That alone should send his packin........fair enouph:undwech:

chiefsfreak4life
02-22-2009, 12:01 PM
Tyler Thigpen has won more games in 1 partial Season than Brodie Croyal has won in 3 Seasons. That alone should send his packin........

A quote just now on NFL network:

5 players for the Kansas City Chiefs threw touchdown passes last season, but not one of them was named Brodie Croyle!! See ya Brodie!

My QB's for KC next year:

QB1-Tyler Thigpen
QB2-Quinn Gray
QB3-Rhett Bohmar

AkChief49
02-22-2009, 06:31 PM
Interesting, who is Rhett Bohmar ? LOL forgive me but that is just a name that I am seeing here or anywhere for the first time.He was the QB that was dismissed from Oklahoma for taking pay for hours not worked

chiefsfreak4life
02-22-2009, 07:25 PM
He was the QB that was dismissed from Oklahoma for taking pay for hours not worked

But has played really well for Sam Houston State the past two years. He has the tools, just not till the 4-5th rounds.

AkChief49
02-22-2009, 07:39 PM
But has played really well for Sam Houston State the past two years. He has the tools, just not till the 4-5th rounds.
he would not be a bad pick at all in these rounds. from The Sports Exchange: "Bomar's arm strength has been impressive, although it's no surprise given what he shows on film. His mobility is excellent, especially outside the pocket where he looks not unlike his two favorite players, John Elway ans Brett Favre. Bomar has the tools to be the top senior QB drafted". He's 6'2" 224 lbs. (wish he was a couple inches taller)put 225 up 25 times and ran the 40 in 4.82

warcrychief
02-22-2009, 08:53 PM
A quote just now on NFL network:

5 players for the Kansas City Chiefs threw touchdown passes last season, but not one of them was named Brodie Croyle!! See ya Brodie!

My QB's for KC next year:

QB1-Tyler Thigpen
QB2-Quinn Gray
QB3-Rhett Bohmar

he had his shot and i feel he needs to go.

NWA Chief
02-22-2009, 09:10 PM
Brodie can't be on the chiefs still. I really wanted to see him do good but he had way too many chances. Why don't we just draft Pat White and run the option?? THAT WAS A JOKE......I hear things about Nate Davis and I'm hoping Nathan Brown. He would be as high as 3rd but could go later. Height in a QB is not as big of deal as I used to think. Drew Brees changed my thoughts on needing a kid as big as Jamarcus Russell. He's done nothing and I will be pissed if we were to get Freeman. He is just another Jamarcus. Big body and can throw it far, not good otherwise.

AussieChiefsFan
02-23-2009, 03:38 AM
Brodie can't be on the chiefs still. I really wanted to see him do good but he had way too many chances. Why don't we just draft Pat White and run the option?? THAT WAS A JOKE......I hear things about Nate Davis and I'm hoping Nathan Brown. He would be as high as 3rd but could go later. Height in a QB is not as big of deal as I used to think. Drew Brees changed my thoughts on needing a kid as big as Jamarcus Russell. He's done nothing and I will be pissed if we were to get Freeman. He is just another Jamarcus. Big body and can throw it far, not good otherwise.i say, keep thigpen and keep croyle for 1 more seasojn and see what happens. if croyle gets injured again; please get rid of him. ('bit harsh i know):fatlock:

Chief4Ever&Ever
02-23-2009, 02:15 PM
Enoug of Brodie! He has had his shot, he is always hurt and has not impressed anyone when he does play! Drop him!!

chief31
02-24-2009, 06:40 AM
Enoug of Brodie! He has had his shot, he is always hurt and has not impressed anyone when he does play! Drop him!!

Nobody looks good trying to run an NFL-style offense without an NFL-style O-line.

Alot of guys are always hurt with that situation too.

I don't think that Croyle has been given any chance at all. Nor do I think he will be given a chance here.

I would keep Thigpen, Huard and Croyle, if it were up to me.

Thig performed well enough to get another shot at starting. Huard has plenty of experience with this team, and has done pretty well overall.

So, I see no reason to bother making a change at that position. Just change the positions around that one, and take a look at what we really have there.

balto
02-24-2009, 09:00 AM
I would cut Huard or trade him to Greenbay with LJ for Brohm (they get a vet QB behind Rodgers and a RB, we get Brohm)

I would keep Croyle and Thigpen on and let ALL three battle it out.

I agree Croyle just gets hurt to much, but that was playing in our NFL style O NOT College that we went to for Thigpen. If you can remember teh game at Atlanta when we still used our NFL Offense you can see Thigpen is not that great hehehe.

I really think Thigpen should get his shot if we stay with a Spread Offense, but if we don't Croyle and Brohm (or just Croyle if the Brohm trade doesn't happen) should get the Job.

texaschief
02-24-2009, 10:18 PM
With Huard's departure, that has to make Brodie breathe a little easier. Croyle is an inexpensive and talented QB to keep around just in case. Gray hasn't been re-signed but Martin has. So, right now, we've got Thigpen, Croyle and Martin. Can't see those players being the guys we head into the season with.

On a side note, I read an article at SI.com by Peter King that said Cassel had a better chance of becoming the starter for USC than he did for KC. That's a relief.

SDChief09
02-24-2009, 11:42 PM
Croyle will stay through camp, then will either get cut or be 3rd string...its just a fact of his life right now...so fragile.

marloweopatchiefs
02-25-2009, 08:17 PM
i hope he gets cut

warcrychief
02-25-2009, 08:22 PM
Nobody looks good trying to run an NFL-style offense without an NFL-style O-line.

Alot of guys are always hurt with that situation too.

I don't think that Croyle has been given any chance at all. Nor do I think he will be given a chance here.

I would keep Thigpen, Huard and Croyle, if it were up to me.

Thig performed well enough to get another shot at starting. Huard has plenty of experience with this team, and has done pretty well overall.

So, I see no reason to bother making a change at that position. Just change the positions around that one, and take a look at what we really have there.

dude Croyle is made of glass. Thigpen made it behind that line. Croyle has the tools but when a stiff breeze comes along he falls to pieces.