PDA

View Full Version : Tyler the `future` in KC?

CJ25
02-16-2009, 02:35 PM
Poll question

honda522
02-16-2009, 02:37 PM
Wheres the poll? :$

I think they should atleast start em this year and wait till next year to draft a QB.

jmlamerson
02-16-2009, 02:38 PM
Wheres the poll? :$

I think they should atleast start em this year and wait till next year to draft a QB.

Agreed entirely.

Coach
02-16-2009, 02:39 PM
I'm not sure if he is the future. But he deserves a shot to prove that he isn't. I'd hate to use a 1st rd'er on a QB only to find out that Thigpen is the future.

Ldub
02-16-2009, 02:45 PM
I'm not sure if he is the future. But he deserves a shot to prove that he isn't. I'd hate to use a 1st rd'er on a QB only to find out that Thigpen is the future.

Agreed, we have alot bigger holes to fill than QB.

HokieChief 09
02-16-2009, 03:27 PM
The future? No. For the time being, I think he deserves a legitimate shot just like Huard/Croyle. Nobody expected him to play that well last year, beef up the O-Line and see how he excels. Then ask this question.

RedJohnson
02-16-2009, 03:47 PM
As a QB absolutely not, but if they wanted to use his speed elsewhere I'd be fine with that.

YZILLA
02-16-2009, 04:20 PM
How do you guys judge last years performance and say he's not the future. It was his first Year, he threw more Touchdowns than Flacco and Ryan. Also he had a pisspoor line to work with and Dick Curl for a QB Coach ! Tell me thats not a feat in itself. This kid is only going to get better and better and if we let him go elsewhere we will regret letting him go. Hes got a year under his belt, A new head coach, hopefully a talented QB Coach and hopefully a Defense that will stop them from scoring more points then we put up.If he struggles, Grey is more than capable to come in and keep us moving down the field. Im not nervous at all about our QB situation. I would be more nervous if we spent $70 million on a junior coming out of college has never played a game at NFL Speed ! Get crabtree if hes there or get an O-lineman or DE or OLB and we will be better off.

hometeam
02-16-2009, 07:15 PM
He at least deserves a shot this year... is he a franchise QB? He hasnt shown that. He also hasnt shown he deserves anything other than to start for the team this year.

Lazeye
02-16-2009, 09:56 PM
Give Tyler the goods on the OL and he will deliver the goods in the End Zone I am sure of it. He was very close to Matt C. numbers and higher than other rookies that played. Tyler will be in the top 5 QBs at the end of next season and most improved of the season IMO, just give the man a better OL/DL cause he has weapons already.

hometeam
02-16-2009, 10:13 PM
I dont know about top 5 Qbs, your talking Manning, Brady, Manning, Rivers, Palmer (this could be up for discussion but lets not hijack the thread)

But he still deserves the start~

jmlamerson
02-16-2009, 10:36 PM
I dont know about top 5 Qbs, your talking Manning, Brady, Manning, Rivers, Palmer (this could be up for discussion but lets not hijack the thread)

But he still deserves the start~

I can't help this: Brees has to be on the list ahead of most of those.

Bike
02-17-2009, 12:16 AM
Thig should and will be our qb this season. He really needs to beef himself up - get some meat in those shoulders/arms. I'm afraid one of these times he's gonna get blindsided and thats all folks. Not that couldn't happen to anybody but he needs to add some lbs to withstand the punishment he can't run away from...
That being said a full year with his recievers and a coach that knows what he is doing should improve Thig this season.

AussieChiefsFan
02-17-2009, 12:34 AM
i think they should keep Tyler atleast until 2010.

yashi
02-17-2009, 10:12 AM
There should be an answer for "Who knows yet?".

Nobody knows for certain if he'll be any good if we switch from the spread or if the OL is improved at this point.

prough91
02-17-2009, 10:34 AM
I can't help this: Brees has to be on the list ahead of most of those.

Agreed. I don't understand why Brees always seems to be underrated.

Thig should and will be our qb this season. He really needs to beef himself up - get some meat in those shoulders/arms. I'm afraid one of these times he's gonna get blindsided and thats all folks. Not that couldn't happen to anybody but he needs to add some lbs to withstand the punishment he can't run away from...
That being said a full year with his recievers and a coach that knows what he is doing should improve Thig this season.

TyThig isn't very big, but, man, he took some hits this year and always seemed to bounce right up.

honda522
02-17-2009, 10:38 AM
And yet, another reason why to run the Bootleg

wubfree
02-17-2009, 06:38 PM
TT is no Brady but he looked at least as good as Cassel IMO.

Pro_Angler
02-17-2009, 07:12 PM
I like Thig and think he deserves a shot at a whole season next year with a beefed up OL.

Hayvern
02-17-2009, 08:15 PM
I too believe that Thigpen should be considered the future until he proves he is not. I just don't understand the disrespect for the kid, no one has yet been able to explain to me why a first year rookie QB coming in here without ever taking a snap in the NFL would be expected to do any better.

Thigpen might end up sucking at the end of the season, but I would be surprised if he did.

AkChief49
02-17-2009, 08:26 PM
I think Thiggy gets the nod, maybe on a short leash. But with an improved, not re-shuffled o-line. I think he does well. Whether he stays or not depends on our draft order next year.

AussieChiefsFan
02-17-2009, 11:29 PM
In the draft i think 1st pick should be DT or DE and 2nd should be QB and so on.

Coach
02-17-2009, 11:38 PM
In the draft i think 1st pick should be DT or DE and 2nd should be QB and so on.
If they decide to move to a 3-4, I think they will take Raji, DT.

AussieChiefsFan
02-17-2009, 11:43 PM
that would be good

chief31
02-18-2009, 10:37 AM
Due to a lack of options here, I selected 'yes'.

As far as I'm concerned, he is the future, meaning '09. But I honestly don't think that he will be in '10.

jtandcrew
02-18-2009, 10:43 AM
I voted no since we need to have a QB that can play in a regular offense and not have to change to the spread. The spread will work for another year or maybe 2 just like the run and shoot did. Then its all down hill. We need a QB, whether it Thigpen or someone else, that can come from center and survey the field. Not start in a shotgun or even deeper. We really have to look at our options in the draft and not free agency for a QB.

DT14PRIEST
02-18-2009, 07:26 PM
Depends on what the definiton of future is in this scenario

Future as in next year or two? : yes

Future as in the next decade?: no

I voted...guess :11:

CJ25
02-19-2009, 12:54 AM
Sorry guys.

By `future` I meant '10 and beyond

chief31
02-19-2009, 08:32 AM
Sorry guys.

By `future` I meant '10 and beyond

With that in mind, I would say no. He does have poor mechanics all around. I don't think he can be the long-term answer.

But I am rooting for him anyway.

chiefnut
02-19-2009, 08:49 AM
I voted no since we need to have a QB that can play in a regular offense and not have to change to the spread. The spread will work for another year or maybe 2 just like the run and shoot did. Then its all down hill. We need a QB, whether it Thigpen or someone else, that can come from center and survey the field. Not start in a shotgun or even deeper. We really have to look at our options in the draft and not free agency for a QB.

the reason we went to the spread was brilliantly simple, we have no pass blocking to protect any QB, no run blocking to slow a pass rush, 3rd and longs were the norm, a rookie QB w/o the benefit of training camp and preseason w/the first team, a non mobile QB [even a vet] would get killed back there. now the light goes off....not only is this kid mobil, he knows how to run the spread. hmmmmm a mobil QB to avoid the constant rush, the spread offense to add more time and room to scramble against heavy pressure. yes it might just work!
this doesn't mean if we fix our line problems we still run the spread, i'm sure we go to our version of the west coast like everyone else and the kid will do just fine.