PDA

View Full Version : Deuce is free.

honda522
02-17-2009, 02:05 PM
Saints release RB Deuce McAllister - NFL - Yahoo! Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Av0bZ3Xg6ncS0KPk0MT2erJDubYF?slug=ap-saints-mcallisterreleased&prov=ap&type=lgns)

I think the Chiefs should dump Johnson and have the trio of Charles, Kolby, and Deuce.

What do you think?

Chief Tyler
02-17-2009, 02:08 PM
no

He was dumped for a reason.

hometeam
02-17-2009, 02:11 PM
Id take him over LJ. Hes a power back, with a good attitude.

That being said, I dont think we need to or should get him, im just saying if we had him in place of LJ I would be happy :P

also.. better title for the thread would be.. The Deuce is loose~

honda522
02-17-2009, 02:15 PM
no

I didn't say he should be a starter. Limit him the ball since he is injury prone.

Codac
02-17-2009, 02:29 PM
Id take him over LJ. Hes a power back, with a good attitude.

That being said, I dont think we need to or should get him, im just saying if we had him in place of LJ I would be happy :P

also.. better title for the thread would be.. The Deuce is loose~

No I'd much rather have LJ. Deuce is much slower than LJ, not to mention how much his game has declined since his surgery. I'm pretty sure he is way past his prime.

I bet the Browns get him. The have a thing for getting old used up backs, like Jamal Lewis.

We don't need to waste money on another RB anyway.

yashi
02-17-2009, 02:31 PM
Deuce's career is essentially over... no way we should sign him or ever sign a RB his age for that matter.

hometeam
02-17-2009, 02:33 PM
Like I said, im not advocating going out and getting him, but he would better for the team than a cancer like LJ~

Bike
02-17-2009, 02:39 PM
Like I said, im not advocating going out and getting him, but he would better for the team than a cancer like LJ~
Yep. Just cut LJ and take the hit. We can shop him till the cows come home until this summer - but nobody will trade anything for him.

Codac
02-17-2009, 03:09 PM

LJ isn't a cancer. He isn't a great locker room influence, but a lot of the team likes him. He has made poor personal choices off the field but still can play. I don't think he is going anywhere.

No offense but Deuce would have NO impact on the team, it was silly even thinking about it.

tornadospotter
02-17-2009, 03:21 PM
Yep. Just cut LJ and take the hit. We can shop him till the cows come home until this summer - but nobody will trade anything for him.
Let just sign vick as a back up qb, make lj and vick live togather. That way vick can explain to lj how screwing up outside of football can put you in the slammer, and if lj needs to slap a female dog, vick will be there.:D

tornadospotter
02-17-2009, 03:33 PM
Let just sign vick as a back up qb, make lj and vick live togather. That way vick can explain to lj how screwing up outside of football can put you in the slammer, and if lj needs to slap a female dog, vick will be there.:D
YouTube - LTCG Lord I Apologize

DT14PRIEST
02-17-2009, 03:45 PM
Unless he can take a significant pay cut (he's been cut from a ~$52 million dollar deal) there is no way he is worth the money he'd be asking for. As it stands his contract details would have him making about $3.5 million in 09, $5.2 in 2010, $6.8 in 2011, and $7.3 in 2012 when it expires. He's basically commanding money like LJ except he's on the back nine of his career.

Not worth it. Locker room presence or not injured veterans do not make a winning franchise.

hometeam
02-17-2009, 03:47 PM
Codac.

listen to the words that are coming out of my mouth.

I was not talking about anything other than I would switch them in a fantasy alternate reality. I am not talking about in any way signing Deuce and putting him on this team. And if you ask me having a player who hates the town and fans, is a cancer on the organization, whether alot of guys like him or not~

jmlamerson
02-17-2009, 05:09 PM
Unless he can take a significant pay cut (he's been cut from a ~$52 million dollar deal) there is no way he is worth the money he'd be asking for. As it stands his contract details would have him making about $3.5 million in 09, $5.2 in 2010, $6.8 in 2011, and $7.3 in 2012 when it expires. He's basically commanding money like LJ except he's on the back nine of his career.

Not worth it. Locker room presence or not injured veterans do not make a winning franchise.

Right now, as he's been cut, he has no contract. We could sign him one-year for minimum if we wanted.

DT14PRIEST
02-17-2009, 06:30 PM
Right now, as he's been cut, he has no contract. We could sign him one-year for minimum if we wanted.

Right, I was just outlining what he was due to be paid and what he is (most likely) looking for if he's going to sign with a new team.

I doubt he'd sign for minimum wage with anyone.

hometeam
02-17-2009, 06:34 PM
He will end up playing somewhere this year, but not as a feature back, he will be put into the role that pretty much everyone sees him as; A situational power back, and, he will do an adequete job, and maybe, if he goes to the right place, he can help some younger guys out in the locker room/film room.

jmlamerson
02-17-2009, 06:43 PM
Right, I was just outlining what he was due to be paid and what he is (most likely) looking for if he's going to sign with a new team.

I dunno. If I were him, I'd sign with Philly pretty cheap and be their power back. He gets on a pretty probable playoff team and gets to show his worth for 2010.

Codac
02-17-2009, 09:16 PM
I dunno. If I were him, I'd sign with Philly pretty cheap and be their power back. He gets on a pretty probable playoff team and gets to show his worth for 2010.

Maybe the Colts, Broncos, Miami, maybe Tampa. But my best guess would be the Texans. They released Ahman Green. So they need someone to give Slaton a break. Plus they could use a powerback.

Chiefster
02-17-2009, 09:52 PM
no

Kinda what I was thinking.

jtandcrew
02-18-2009, 10:12 AM

ATM, it doesnt matter what he is looking for. He is looking for a job atm and not many teams looking for a starting RB. He will have to settle for a back-up role, just as the same as he had in New Orleans. Its a matter if he wants a paycheck at all, plus you have to take into account of his injury status. He seems to be injury prone now.

chief31
02-18-2009, 10:17 AM
I didn't read all of the replies, and I like the guy. But no thanks. I don't need a QB, nor a RB.

dbolan
02-18-2009, 10:57 AM
Why all the tough love on Duece? Jeeezzz...The guy had a season ending surgery, then this past year gets bumped to the sidelines for that Bush guy and Pierre Thomas.

He put on some weight, I noticed but most do that ride the pine and don't get the carries.

I agree that he would be a good, productive addition to our team as a veteran leader and very well could be a starter.

MANY have come back that were older than him.

AkChief49
02-19-2009, 07:18 PM
would not be the first time New Orleans dropped a deuce? Lord I apologize...