PDA

View Full Version : ChiefsCrowd.com Article : # 3 Pick? Who will it be?

Coach
02-17-2009, 11:40 PM
ChiefsCrowd.com -Terry Ambroson Looking at all the mock drafts, I have seen a wide variety of opinions on who the Chiefs will pick. I know, trading down seems like a good idea to get more picks but that also requires someone to want to trade up. Plus someone wants to trade up when they feel that there is a can't miss player. I myself really don't see anyone that would make someone want to give up a #1 this year and #1 next year, because really if someone is going to give up the #3 pick you better...

More... (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=10752&Itemid=2)

jmlamerson
02-18-2009, 12:07 AM
Will be: Aaron Curry (LB)

Should be: Eugene Monroe (LT)

texaschief
02-18-2009, 01:39 AM
You know, the more I look at this class and the situation this team is in, I just don't think Pioli is going to take a LT. If I were drafting, I'd have to take a LT or LB. I just don't see Pioli doing it. Pioli took Mayo last season and the pick is considered a homerun.

Mayo is 6'1, 242 and runs a 4.54

Curry is 6'3, 247 and runs a 4.6
http://www.draftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/olb/Aaron-Curry.php
Possesses a terrific blend of size and bulk...Exceptional speed, quickness and athleticism...Very physical and tough...Excellent strength and power...Extremely aggressive...Outstanding instincts and awareness...Offers a lot of versatility...Reliable tackler who will deliver the big hit...Really uses his hands well...Does a nice job of taking on and shedding blockers...Superb pass rusher and blitzer...Has sideline-to-sideline range...Will attack and fill against the run...Comfortable in space...Can match up and make plays in coverage...Has a lot of experience...Durable and never missed a game due to injury...Smart...Hard worker...Team leader...Super productive.

Here's the thing. I think the Chiefs are going to fill their LB spots before the draft arrives. I just don't think there's going to be a need for an OLB when we're set to pick. I think Pioli will rely on his ability to find a QB later than in the first round. So, that removes LT, OLB and QB. There isn't a RB worth taking #3, plus we still have LJ and JC.

So........ that really just leaves two names. Jenkins and Crabtree. Given that we just hired an offensive coach who was used to calling plays for big time WRs like Fitzgerald and Boldin... it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out which player Haley would push for.

For the record, my perfect draft would be: (assuming no trades)

#3- Aaron Curry
#34- Michael Johnson

In free agency, I'm still wanting a LB or two. Namely, Jonathan Vilma and/or Bart Scott. Aaron Curry is going to be one of those OLB who can also play DE like Shawn Merriman. Michael Johnson is top ten talent, but there are questions about his motor. He absolutely DOMINATED Eugene Monroe, even when he was double teamed... and Monroe might be the first LT taken this year. But Johnson seems to take plays off as well. So, his draft stock could very well dive low enough to grab him at #34. He is kind of light to play the DE in the 3-4. He's Julius Peppers minus 20lbs. But with his ability, I'd rather take him and tell him to hit the weights, than let someone else find a 2nd rd. steal. If the Chiefs switch to a 3-4, DJ, Scott, Vilma and Curry would comprise the most devastating LB corp in the league. That would be exciting.

As of now, what I think will happen is:

#3- Michael Crabtree
#34- Max Unger

Pro_Angler
02-18-2009, 08:51 AM
Yes someone who agrees with me Crabtree!!!!!!!!!!!!!

warcrychief
02-18-2009, 08:58 AM
I think Stafford falls to us and Pioli cant pass him up.

chief31
02-18-2009, 09:18 AM
I am kinda with TC on this.

But I fear becoming the Arizona Cardinals.

This is a team that has sucked mightily, for a long time. But then played four good games, at exactly the right time, after winning the only division in the NFL that was worse than ours, with a 9-7 record.

If there has ever been a "flavor of the month" team, the Arizona Cardinals are it.

Years of garbage, overshadowed by a quick flash of success.

I think we will take the WR, get an O-lineman in the third round, and continue the spread offense fad.

Hopefully, I am wrong, or it winds-up working out for us.

dbolan
02-18-2009, 10:18 AM
Curry!

prough91
02-18-2009, 10:33 AM
I was against taking Curry at #3. Then, I watched video of him. I think with his combination of size and speed that he's too good not to take at #3. He could be used in so many ways and really disrupt an offense.

tornadospotter
02-18-2009, 01:02 PM
Yes someone who agrees with me Crabtree!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reread the post! TC did not agree with you on Crabtree.

texaschief
02-18-2009, 01:08 PM
Well, at least we now know what these coaches plan to do with the defense. If we're switching over to the 3-4 defense, B.J. Raji is now in the mix. This has to of dwindled our choices down to Raji, Curry, or Crabtree.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/02/18/what-will-move-to-3-4-mean-to-chiefs-dorsey/

yashi
02-18-2009, 01:22 PM
Now that the scheme is going to be a 3-4, there's no question in my mind that Raji is the guy. He's a 335 lb NT who was the most dominant player at the senior bowl. NT is the most important position in a 3-4, and we currently have nobody capable of playing the position.

jmlamerson
02-18-2009, 02:13 PM
Well, at least we now know what these coaches plan to do with the defense. If we're switching over to the 3-4 defense, B.J. Raji is now in the mix. This has to of dwindled our choices down to Raji, Curry, or Crabtree.

NFL.com Blogs » Blog Archive What will move to 3-4 mean to Chiefs’ Dorsey? « (http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/02/18/what-will-move-to-3-4-mean-to-chiefs-dorsey/)

Sooooooo . . . you willing to reconsider on that whole you're being right all the time?

And Raji has to be the pick.

Codac
02-18-2009, 02:55 PM
Sooooooo . . . you willing to reconsider on that whole you're being right all the time?

I have a feeling we will just draft the best available player. I don't think Raji is worth #3, and I doubt we get Curry now. I'm gonna put my money on Crabtree, Monroe, or Andre Smith.

hometeam
02-18-2009, 03:43 PM
It will and should be curry~

And i would bet an outside chance on Raji, after reading the 3-4 switch thing~

tornadospotter
02-18-2009, 03:58 PM
YouTube - DT BJ Raji Highlights Boston College 2008

Canada
02-18-2009, 04:32 PM
Will be: Aaron Curry (LB)

Should be: Eugene Monroe (LT)

I guess we see how u consider yourself right all the time. Hard to be wrong when you say all three guys!! :bananen_smilies046:

jmlamerson
02-18-2009, 04:40 PM
I guess we see how u consider yourself right all the time. Hard to be wrong when you say all three guys!! :bananen_smilies046:
I never thought they'd have the guts to go the 3-4 this season, and basically admit that most of Herm's defensive drafts were sh!t.

Canada
02-18-2009, 04:41 PM

yashi
02-18-2009, 04:44 PM
YouTube - DT BJ Raji Highlights Boston College 2008 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UQ2YGE9SLM)
How many 335 lb guys have you seen with a spin move like that? He's not just some big fat run stuffer, that man gets penetration.

jmlamerson
02-18-2009, 06:15 PM

About predicting draft picks? Sure, I'm wrong about things like that all the time.

About player and scheme evaluations, however, I'm batting pretty near to a thousand this season/offseason.

Canada
02-18-2009, 06:27 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: You sure do have a pretty high opinion of yourself!!

Bike
02-18-2009, 06:28 PM
About predicting draft picks? Sure, I'm wrong about things like that all the time.

About player and scheme evaluations, however, I'm batting pretty near to a thousand this season/offseason.
You know, a person thats as right as often as you seem to be really has no cause to keep reminding us of this fact. If you are truely rightous, we will already know.:bananen_smilies046:

AkChief49
02-18-2009, 06:29 PM
So, if we are indeed going to the 3-4, is Peppers in Pioli's cross hairs in FA?

josh1971
02-18-2009, 08:55 PM
I'm going to have to say that our 1st draft pic will be, in part, determined by what goes on in Free Agency.

jb

kcmostwanted
02-19-2009, 12:16 PM
I'm going to have to say that our 1st draft pic will be, in part, determined by what goes on in Free Agency.

jb

agreed!!.. Because Haynesworth wants to test the market now... I'm crossing my fingers for him!!

What do you guys think we'll get for Dorsey if he were to be traded??

hometeam
02-19-2009, 12:19 PM
agreed!!.. Because Haynesworth wants to test the market now... I'm crossing my fingers for him!!

What do you guys think we'll get for Dorsey if he were to be traded??

He wont be traded, mostly becuase hes not gonna be worth much of anything considering his huge contract and his performance last year~

jmlamerson
02-19-2009, 12:28 PM
He wont be traded, mostly becuase hes not gonna be worth much of anything considering his huge contract and his performance last year~

The $20M cap hit for trading him pretty much guarentees he'll be on the team at least through the 2010 season.

texaschief
02-20-2009, 01:14 AM
Lions might go OT with #1.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/don_banks/02/19/snaps/index.html

I will say this. If the Chiefs are going to take a QB with the 3rd pick, I'm glad Stafford will still be on the board. Although, if the Chiefs do have Stafford on the board at #3, the Chiefs might be able to trade down to perhaps #10 (San Francisco) or #18 (Chicago) or maybe even #22 (Minnesota).

AussieChiefsFan
02-20-2009, 01:28 AM
Detroit really need to work on their team.

theaxeeffect4311
02-20-2009, 01:34 AM
I do not think D. Bowe has an attitude like this guy implies. If anything, D. Bowe is a nice guy and is always trying his hardest. He may act confident, but he is not like T.O. or even an Anquan Boldin.

texaschief
02-20-2009, 04:09 PM
What if the Lions want Stafford.... at #3? The Lions draft the best LT #1, then trade up from #20 to take Stafford. The Chiefs get #20, #33, and LB Ernie Sims or more draft picks.

Could be fun. 3 picks in the top 34 would be great.

jmlamerson
02-20-2009, 05:06 PM
What if the Lions want Stafford.... at #3? The Lions draft the best LT #1, then trade up from #20 to take Stafford. The Chiefs get #20, #33, and LB Ernie Sims or more draft picks.

Not even the Lions are dumb enough to make that deal!

yashi
02-20-2009, 06:23 PM
Everyone might be interested to know that Jason Smith benched 225 33 times, 1st among the 4 big OT prospects. This coming from a former TE who has by far the quickest feet of the bunch, but whose strength was in question before that. Andre Smith, meanwhile, decided not to even participate in any portion of the combine. His stock is dropping quickly.

Jason Smith could very well be the 1st tackle taken in the draft.

wubfree
02-21-2009, 06:37 PM
I watched and agree with Mayock (or was it Casserly?)...I thought OL Eugene Brown looked the best at the combine...moved more fluidly, I thought. I also got a glimpse of Michael Oher (profiled in the book 'Blindside')...he looked ok, definitely athletic but a little jerky in his movements. eh, but what do I know.

chiefsfreak4life
02-21-2009, 08:21 PM

What ever you are smokin' I want some of that!! your trade sounds great, but don't think it's gonna happen:34:

Bike
02-21-2009, 09:54 PM
Not even the Lions are dumb enough to make that deal!
Now that Millen is gone, you're probably right.:bananen_smilies046:

prough91
02-22-2009, 12:55 AM
Is there anything more boring than watching OL run 40's?

AussieChiefsFan
02-22-2009, 01:30 AM
Is there anything more boring than watching OL run 40's?yes, everything.