PDA

View Full Version : Chan is our man - bodes well for Thigpen, Offense...

wubfree
02-20-2009, 06:33 AM
I'm actually happy that Hal-oli retained Chan Gailey.

I give Gailey credit for recognizing that the power running game with Larry Johnson (who I hate w/ a passion as a role model but that's another post) was not going to work and for mixing it up w/ the spread. Who knows what would have happened had we gone into training camp with the spread in mind.

I also think that Haley's move to keep Gailey bodes well for the offense being run through Thigpen. If Haley can stoke the desire to win that we saw in Warner last season and Gailey calls the plays w/o ultra-conservative and often boneheaded Herm (who I love as a role model btw) in his way, I think we have reason to be excited on offense in KC.

I think we need a new RB tho.

valley_22
02-20-2009, 12:07 PM
I think Charles and Smith are good running backs for a spread offense.

I do agree that you may need one more back to compete. LJ isnt the type of back to run this offense. Man, could you imagine what Priest could do in the spread :-)

YZILLA
02-20-2009, 12:52 PM
Jackie Battle is a stud aslo , and Savage is no slouch either. Along with Cox I think we are prett good on backs !

Kolby needs to pound the rock this season !

prough91
02-20-2009, 01:29 PM
Chan is grand.

marloweopatchiefs
02-20-2009, 01:33 PM
i'm glad now thigpen will remain the starter hopefully or at least be given a chance.

prough91
02-20-2009, 01:34 PM
Thig will be big.

valley_22
02-20-2009, 02:49 PM
At least the offense will be fun to watch. The NFL, to me, is kinda bland. I'm a huge fan, but I love college ball for all the variations of offense.

JDKCfan
02-20-2009, 05:14 PM
I think thigpen did a great job last year it would be wrong to not give him a shot with a whole trainning camp under his belt as a starter.

hometeam
02-20-2009, 05:23 PM
Chan did very good considering what he had to work with, he deserves the call this year.

yashi
02-20-2009, 06:27 PM
Not only did Chan make a significant and risky move trying the spread in the middle of the season, but he somehow convinced Conservative Herm to go along with the idea, which may be even more impressive.

Most underrated OC last season, in my opinion.

JDKCfan
02-22-2009, 05:13 AM
i agree GO CHAN UR THE MAN

chiefsfreak4life
02-22-2009, 11:43 AM
I think thigpen did a great job last year it would be wrong to not give him a shot with a whole training camp under his belt as a starter.

I agree. Chan did a great job making the offense fit to Tyler's skills and Tyler deserves the shot at the QB1, even if we draft a QB. Tyler really has not got very much experience on the football field, did not play much in high school or college. He does have room for improvement and keeping Chan Gailey as the OC will only help that development.

ChiefMojo
02-22-2009, 11:53 AM
To be honest I'd much rather stay in this spread. I know many cry it isn't a NFL offense, but more teams are going to some form of a spread in the NFL every year. Look at the Patriots, the Cowboys, the Colts, etc. They all basically run the spread now. You can still run the ball effectively in the spread.

wubfree
02-22-2009, 12:09 PM
I like the spread too...It keeps defenses off balance and is fun to watch. The Patriots were winning super bowls with the spread - it's not necessarily just a gimmick. I did notice however that we were unable to close out games last year in the spread with no running game. That's something that we'd need to work on. That's why I think a stout OL could really help us. If we could have run spread and then bowl them over in the 2H with the running game, we could have won an additional 4-5 games last year.