PDA

View Full Version : Free Agents Who should we get and who do we need

JDKCfan
02-20-2009, 05:23 PM
with all the free agents coming up who should we go after imo RAY LEWIS would be a great D leader for our young team

hometeam
02-20-2009, 06:02 PM
I wouldnt mind having him for a couple of years, yes everyone is gonna say he is old and all this, but if there is one thing Ray Lewis can do, its help mentor young guys into a 3-4 scheme~

texaschief
02-20-2009, 06:32 PM
Jonathan Vilma (probably gonna resign with NO and cost the Saints a first round pick)

Bart Scott OLB

Devery Henderson WR

Bertrand Berry DE

Michael Boley OLB

Channing Crowder ILB

Dawan Landry S

Sean Jones S

Max Starks OT

Jari Evans OL

Those guys should be toward the top of the Chiefs' list

honda522
02-20-2009, 08:30 PM
Well it would be really nice to pick up a vet OL and DL as well as an LB.

marloweopatchiefs
02-21-2009, 01:42 PM
julius peppers, ray lewis

jap1
02-21-2009, 02:15 PM
Jonathan Vilma (probably gonna resign with NO and cost the Saints a first round pick)

Bart Scott OLB

Devery Henderson WR

Bertrand Berry DE

Michael Boley OLB

Channing Crowder ILB

Dawan Landry S

Sean Jones S

Max Starks OT

Jari Evans OL

Those guys should be toward the top of the Chiefs' list

My thoughts on the above guys:

Jahri Evans was tendered for a 1st and 3rd round picks ... that is too expensive in my opinion.

Max Starks was franchised by the steelers, therefore probably will cost us draft picks that wont be worth his talent, IMO.

Dawan Landry and Sean Jones are both strong safeties, so I wouldnt want to throw huge money at them because I dont think they are leaps and bounds better than Pollard. If we were going to go for an upgrade, I would prefer Gibril Wilson. He was cut and MAY be available cheap.

Channing Crowder is promising. The only knocks on him I have are that he has had injury problems in the past. He had his best year yet in 2008, but there is always the question of whether he was playing for a contract.

Michael Boley looked good at the beginning of the season, but he went downhill and lost his starting spot. That makes him a bit of a risk to me.

Bertrand Berry is 34. He is decent, but he would be nothing more than a stop gap FA. Our past history with stopgaps make me a little trigger shy. I would rather have Antonio Smith, but the Cards are not likely to let him go.

Devery Henderson would be a nice luxury pick. He would be a nice compliment to DBowe since he can stretch the field.

Bart Scott would also be a great pickup. He could bring some leadership and talent to our LB corps.

I wrote about some other people that I like left in FA on another thread I started this morning. I'll put the link because Im too lazy to re-type it. It is post #1 on this thread:
Whats left in Free Agency? - Kansas City Chiefs Forums (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7116)

kuchief
02-21-2009, 03:13 PM
Bart Scott
Bertrand Berry
Max Starks

that's my list of who I would like

Chief Tyler
02-21-2009, 03:29 PM
Starks was tagged a few days ago wasn't he?

AussieChiefsFan
02-21-2009, 04:06 PM
someone reliable

JDKCfan
02-22-2009, 05:11 AM
I think with RAY lewis he can help help Curry ( Who i would like to see drafted) and DJ become All stars and maybe a good DT to help Dorsey trans to the NFL

Xeticus
02-22-2009, 08:54 AM
Heya all. I'm a fins fan who wanders in here from time to time. Channing Crowder will almost certainly be available. He's smart and a good player but he's no Ray Lewis or Zach Thomas. He is good though. We got him in the 3rd round but he was originally expected to go 1st or 2nd.

Con- He has injury issues. He did play well for the Phins this past year though.

Pro- And this is a big one. He's still young. Only 25 years old, a 4 year starter coming off of his rookie contract. He's a proven defensive leader and the next 4 or 5 years are probably going to be his most productive. And for the money he'll probably be a better value than Ray Lewis who is closer to the end of his career. That is if you can get him without breaking the bank for him.

Regardless of what happens the future looks brighter for the chiefs. I'm just really happy you guys nabbed Pioli from the *spits* Patriots. If you guys can rook Matt Cassel from them somehow I'd be much obliged. :)

chiefsfreak4life
02-22-2009, 11:25 AM
Heya all. I'm a fins fan who wanders in here from time to time. Channing Crowder will almost certainly be available. He's smart and a good player but he's no Ray Lewis or Zach Thomas. He is good though. We got him in the 3rd round but he was originally expected to go 1st or 2nd.

Con- He has injury issues. He did play well for the Phins this past year though.

Pro- And this is a big one. He's still young. Only 25 years old, a 4 year starter coming off of his rookie contract. He's a proven defensive leader and the next 4 or 5 years are probably going to be his most productive. And for the money he'll probably be a better value than Ray Lewis who is closer to the end of his career. That is if you can get him without breaking the bank for him.

Regardless of what happens the future looks brighter for the chiefs. I'm just really happy you guys nabbed Pioli from the *spits* Patriots. If you guys can rook Matt Cassel from them somehow I'd be much obliged. :)

Thanks for the insight on Crowder. I would be very happy to see him in Red and Gold next year. He is a young stud who is only going to get better. Not the big glamor name like Lewis or Dansby, but definately someone who would improve the Chiefs defense immediately.

SDChief09
02-22-2009, 01:10 PM
Crowder, Brown, Keomeatu(spelling)...if we could land Crowder and one of those 2 lineman I'd be a happy guy.

If we lose out on Crowder, I'd look at Scott, but would hate to overpay...if we strike out on LB's in free agency, and can nab those other 2 OL, then in the draft, going Curry then another LB is possible, however I'd prefer Curry then Jackson then Mathews 1/2/3.

bonesjackson
02-22-2009, 02:28 PM
Ray Lewis is the guy we need. We need on field leadership on the defensive side.
Offseason Wish List (http://ddsuperblog.blogspot.com/2009/02/offseason-wish-list.html)

Chiefs blog (http://ddsuperblog.blogspot.com/)

Bigmoe
02-22-2009, 06:15 PM
Another thing on Landry, he suffered a spinal cord concussion early in the 2008 season. Last I read he still wasn't cleared to play. What about possibly bringing Gibril Wilson in and sliding Pollard down to LB.

bigpoppachief
02-22-2009, 06:23 PM
If we nab Arron curry in the draft then I think we should grab ray Lewis if possible because that would be a pretty scary core wether we stay 4-3 or swap over to a 3-4

NWA Chief
02-22-2009, 09:01 PM
Who we pick up defensively will be determined by what we decide to run. I am not sure why Gibril Wilson was cut but I wouldn't have a problem seeing him in red along with Pollard and Page. I also saw that the jets released their starting guard Brandon Moore, I don't see why we shouldn't put in some effort to get him in KC. I like Curry is we don't trade out of the top 3 but it seems less likely since Andre Smith left the combine hurting his draft status. I would like to see Everette Brown or Orakpo but drafted in the teens. Everette is fast off the edge and when I see Orakpo I hear them say he gets less productive thru the year but he reminds me of Mario Williams a little. I like defense in the first but definitely not a WR.

chief31
02-24-2009, 06:59 AM
I don't really think that we need any LBs, except to fill the fourth spot in a 3-4.

I don't have a problem with the guys we had there in '08.

The 3-4 defense is awfully flattering to LBs in general. And last seasons defense certainly wasn't.

If we can get solid play from the D-line, then the LBs will look good.

The big guys up front make the "skill position" players look good, or look bad, on both sides of the ball.

rustfan76
02-24-2009, 04:50 PM
Since when has it been okay to be involved in a murder and drug trafficking , and go on living your life like nothing happened. And besides living your life like nothing happened, your treated like a football god. I personally want Ray Lewis to have nothing to do with this team, because I don't want any young LB's that we might bring in being taught anything by this man. On top of everything else about him, he is a dirty football player that comes from a team of dirty players. He is also a locker room cancer that will fit right in with T.O. destroying that team from the inside out. I say let them have him. JMO

texaschief
02-24-2009, 10:08 PM
Since when has it been okay to be involved in a murder and drug trafficking , and go on living your life like nothing happened. And besides living your life like nothing happened, your treated like a football god. I personally want Ray Lewis to have nothing to do with this team, because I don't want any young LB's that we might bring in being taught anything by this man. On top of everything else about him, he is a dirty football player that comes from a team of dirty players. He is also a locker room cancer that will fit right in with T.O. destroying that team from the inside out. I say let them have him. JMO

Personally, I want a dirty playing murderer leading my defense. lol. I'd love for all my LBs to learn from this guy. He's heavily involved in his community and his church. I've never heard of ANYTHING about this guy tearing apart a locker room or heard him labeled as a "locker room cancer." I just think he's a bit too old to contribute a whole lot to this team on the field.

As soon as he retires, I would tab him as my next LB coach. But, if it's an ILB that we're trying to sign, we have to get Vilma.

Coach
02-24-2009, 10:29 PM

It only costs the Saints a 1st rd pick if they sign him prior to free agency which they clearly won't do.

texaschief
02-24-2009, 10:35 PM
It only costs the Saints a 1st rd pick if they sign him prior to free agency which they clearly won't do.

well, that blows

SDChief09
02-24-2009, 11:36 PM
Crowder to me, is the top option, and Keomeotu(spelling) the guard from the steelers...bring those 2 in, check to see if Boley is a fit and if Demorrio is cuttable and replacable with Boley, and definitely find a 4th corner if possible....

But Crowder/Keomeatu, would be a win in my book, even with a lot of extra cash, there arent many great free agents honestly, If Dansby were there, sure, but Crowder and Keo are the only two who will be available and are at a high talent level and of good age...at least at LB/G.

Sn@keIze
02-25-2009, 12:27 AM
I don't really think that we need any LBs, except to fill the fourth spot in a 3-4.

I don't have a problem with the guys we had there in '08.

The 3-4 defense is awfully flattering to LBs in general. And last seasons defense certainly wasn't.

If we can get solid play from the D-line, then the LBs will look good.

The big guys up front make the "skill position" players look good, or look bad, on both sides of the ball.ya but you got a extra LB spot then that [generally] means you have to have an extra LB to back him up.

And you know what, I wouldnt mind seeing ol Keith Brooking over here if Falcs dont retain him.

Take him and get Curry, and our LBs are set.

prough91
02-25-2009, 10:56 AM
What about Bironas?

Codac
02-25-2009, 02:39 PM
If we nab Arron curry in the draft then I think we should grab ray Lewis if possible because that would be a pretty scary core wether we stay 4-3 or swap over to a 3-4

Umm LOL? Your not serious are you. Just because he is a FA doesn't mean you look at him like one, because he isn't coming here. See you make a list of possible players you want and can get. He isn't on there. Too old, too expensive. There really IMO isn't much in this FA. The ridiculous Franchise Tag messed everything up. Not that we would get anyone that was Franchised, but still.

I say ditch the 3rd if anyone wants it, maybe send a few players around to get a few more picks, and build through the draft yet again. Because I look at the FA Board and see absolutely nothing worth our time. But hey, maybe thats just me.

brish
02-25-2009, 02:55 PM
Cato June (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=4656) was released by the Bucs today. His last 2 years have been a little stale, but I remember him as playing rather well before that.
He's 29 now, but should still have some good years in the tank. But maybe he is too far past his prime? What do you think? Atleast he comes with experience from a rather good defence..

AkChief49
02-25-2009, 03:51 PM
REPORT: ROGERS WANTS OUT OF CLEVELAND (http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/02/25/report-rogers-wants-out-of-cleveland/)

Posted by Mike Florio on February 25, 2009, 6:57 a.m.
In 2008, several teams made deals for oversized defensive tackles who had worn out their welcomes in the cities that drafted them.
Specifically, the Jets traded for Kris Jenkins of the Panthers, the Broncos traded for Dewayne Robertson of the Jets, the Bills traded for Marcus Stroud of the Jaguars, and the Browns traded for Shaun Rogers of the Lions.
After, of course, the Bengals tried unsuccessfully to do so.
If Rogers has his way, only two of them will remain in place a year after the fact. Recently, the Broncos cut Robertson — and Rogers reportedly wants the Browns to do the same.
According to Adam Schefter of NFL Network, Rogers wants out of Cleveland in the wake of the regime change from Phil Savage-Romeo Crennel to George Kokinis-Eric Mangini.
Schefter specifically reports that Rogers has asked the Browns not to pay a $6 million option bonus owed to him next month. The payment is part of $15 million in guaranteed money that Rogers is still due to receive.
Rogers’ nose is out of its normal joint in part because of two perceived incidents of disrespect involving the new coach. First, Mangini allegedly entered the team’s training room and failed to greet Rogers. (Maybe they should adopt a “kiss hello” program to avoid such issues.) Then, at a charity event for which both were in the “green room,” Mangini didn’t speak to Rogers.
Mangini later said that he didn’t know Rogers was there.
Yeah, he’s easy to miss.
The Browns, per Schefter, don’t intend to part ways with Rogers. He excelled in his first season as a 3-4 nose tackle, and the Browns will need him as they continue to use that same defensive approach.
But maybe Rogers is eyeing another situation in which the 3-4 is going to be adopted. Perhaps a situation where Crennel has been linked as a potential consultant. Perhaps a situation where the future is perceived to be much brighter with the addition of one of the architects of those these Super Bowls in four years that the Patriots won earlier this decade.
The possibility of Rogers fleeing to the Chiefs is all the more reason, in our view, for the Browns to refuse to let him go. Though both Mangini and Scott Pioli are now with new teams, we’ve got a feeling that the bad blood from the Jets-Pats feud runs very deep, and that Mangini will do nothing if it can directly or indirectly help Pioli’s new team succeed.

Would this gut be of any service? his numbers are not too bad. I do not know much about him...attitude etc.

yashi
02-25-2009, 03:57 PM
I'd love to have Rogers.. he's a 3 time pro bowler, and could anchor our defense in the 3-4 at NT. Then we can draft Curry or a LT without worrying about the NT position.

I don't think he's going anywhere though.

Codac
02-25-2009, 06:12 PM
REPORT: ROGERS WANTS OUT OF CLEVELAND (http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/02/25/report-rogers-wants-out-of-cleveland/)

In 2008, several teams made deals for oversized defensive tackles who had worn out their welcomes in the cities that drafted them.
Specifically, the Jets traded for Kris Jenkins of the Panthers, the Broncos traded for Dewayne Robertson of the Jets, the Bills traded for Marcus Stroud of the Jaguars, and the Browns traded for Shaun Rogers of the Lions.
If Rogers has his way, only two of them will remain in place a year after the fact. Recently, the Broncos cut Robertson — and Rogers reportedly wants the Browns to do the same.
According to Adam Schefter of NFL Network, Rogers wants out of Cleveland in the wake of the regime change from Phil Savage-Romeo Crennel to George Kokinis-Eric Mangini.
Schefter specifically reports that Rogers has asked the Browns not to pay a $6 million option bonus owed to him next month. The payment is part of $15 million in guaranteed money that Rogers is still due to receive.
Rogers’ nose is out of its normal joint in part because of two perceived incidents of disrespect involving the new coach. First, Mangini allegedly entered the team’s training room and failed to greet Rogers. (Maybe they should adopt a “kiss hello” program to avoid such issues.) Then, at a charity event for which both were in the “green room,” Mangini didn’t speak to Rogers.
Yeah, he’s easy to miss.
The Browns, per Schefter, don’t intend to part ways with Rogers. He excelled in his first season as a 3-4 nose tackle, and the Browns will need him as they continue to use that same defensive approach.
But maybe Rogers is eyeing another situation in which the 3-4 is going to be adopted. Perhaps a situation where Crennel has been linked as a potential consultant. Perhaps a situation where the future is perceived to be much brighter with the addition of one of the architects of those these Super Bowls in four years that the Patriots won earlier this decade.
The possibility of Rogers fleeing to the Chiefs is all the more reason, in our view, for the Browns to refuse to let him go. Though both Mangini and Scott Pioli are now with new teams, we’ve got a feeling that the bad blood from the Jets-Pats feud runs very deep, and that Mangini will do nothing if it can directly or indirectly help Pioli’s new team succeed.

Would this gut be of any service? his numbers are not too bad. I do not know much about him...attitude etc.

If we go 3-4 he could be of use. Especially because NT are so hard to find.

Coach
02-25-2009, 07:42 PM
well, that blows

Yes it does. Vilma is not leaving the Saints.

What about Bironas?

Before they had to designate their kicker as their franchise player, the Tennessee Titans reached agreement with Rob Bironas on a four-year, $12 million deal.
NFL.com Blogs » Blog Archive Titans, K Bironas agree on four-year contract « (http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/02/18/titans-k-bironas-agree-on-four-year-deal/)

Coach
02-25-2009, 07:50 PM

Yeah, he’s easy to miss.

I'm really glad you posted this article. I heard this today and instantly got excited. Rogers is one of the best 3-4 NT's in the league. He'd be a huge deal if we are moving to a 3-4.

As the article correctly points out though, their is no love lost between the Browns/Mangini and Pioli/Chiefs. Pioli turned down the Browns job to come to the Chiefs.

If Crennel came to the Chiefs to be the DC after turning down the same offer from Clevelend, then there would be even more blood in the water. They will not let Chiefs get him for free. There will need to be compensation at the VERY least.

Maybe something like swapping 1st rounders and the Chiefs sending them Dorsey and a 2nd round pick. Not really sure how it will work out. But he would be the biggest FA acquisition we make this season if we are moving to a 3-4.

Lots of things would have to go right for this deal to happen though.

Thanks for posting the article.

texaschief
02-25-2009, 07:57 PM
I'm really glad you posted this article. I heard this today and instantly got excited. Rogers is one of the best 3-4 NT's in the league. He'd be a huge deal if we are moving to a 3-4.

As the article correctly points out though, their is no love lost between the Browns/Mangini and Pioli/Chiefs. Pioli turned down the Browns job to come to the Chiefs.

If Crennel came to the Chiefs to be the DC after turning down the same offer from Clevelend, then there would be even more blood in the water. They will not let Chiefs get him for free. There will need to be compensation at the VERY least.

Maybe something like swapping 1st rounders and the Chiefs sending them Dorsey and a 2nd round pick. Not really sure how it will work out. But he would be the biggest FA acquisition we make this season if we are moving to a 3-4.

Lots of things would have to go right for this deal to happen though.

Thanks for posting the article.

I'm not interested in losing draft position, last year's first rounder and a 2nd this year for one player.

Coach
02-25-2009, 08:48 PM
I'm not interested in losing draft position, last year's first rounder and a 2nd this year for one player.

I'm not sure what the draft consideration would be. But I would guess something in that ballpark. We'd move down a few spots and likely still get what we want for less guaranteed money. It's all just food for thought anyhow. Too many variables.

fairladyZ
02-25-2009, 09:03 PM
Channing Chrowder and the fins reached a new 3yr deal. so he's out now

Coach
02-25-2009, 09:06 PM
Channing Chrowder and the fins reached a new 3yr deal. so he's out now
Source: Miami Dolphins re-sign linebacker Channing Crowder - ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3934941)

jap1
02-25-2009, 09:19 PM
Source: Miami Dolphins re-sign linebacker Channing Crowder - ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3934941)

Sigh.

Looks like we are down to, in order of importance IMO:

Jason Brown, C, Ravens
Jon Vilma, LB, Saints
Chris Canty, DE, Cowboys
Antonio Smith, DE, Cardinals
Bart Scott, LB, Ravens

We NEED to get at least two of these guys. I think with our 50 mil of space we can totally throw a bunch of $$ at Brown and secure two spots on our OL (move Niswanger to RG). Plus, I dont think Baltimore can afford both him, Lewis, and Scott.

Not sure if Vilma wants to leave, but I would love to have him here too. But I wouldnt go insane with the money for him.

I think we need to get one of these DEs. We need someone that can contribute now, and no drafted DL is going to be a contributor for a couple years.

AkChief49
02-25-2009, 09:23 PM
was hoping for a shot at him-dang it!

Coach
02-25-2009, 10:14 PM
Sigh.

Looks like we are down to, in order of importance IMO:

Jason Brown, C, Ravens
Jon Vilma, LB, Saints
Chris Canty, DE, Cowboys
Antonio Smith, DE, Cardinals
Bart Scott, LB, Ravens

We NEED to get at least two of these guys. I think with our 50 mil of space we can totally throw a bunch of $$ at Brown and secure two spots on our OL (move Niswanger to RG). Plus, I dont think Baltimore can afford both him, Lewis, and Scott.

Not sure if Vilma wants to leave, but I would love to have him here too. But I wouldnt go insane with the money for him.

I think we need to get one of these DEs. We need someone that can contribute now, and no drafted DL is going to be a contributor for a couple years.

Everyone I've heard and read about the Vilma situation feels like Vilma is just waiting for free agency to begin before he resigns with the Saints. If he were to sign before FA begins then the Saints would have had to give up a 1st round pick.

Our best chances on that list are Bart Scott, Chris Canty, and Antonio Smith. I'd like Canty the most of those names.

jap1
02-26-2009, 01:13 AM
Everyone I've heard and read about the Vilma situation feels like Vilma is just waiting for free agency to begin before he resigns with the Saints. If he were to sign before FA begins then the Saints would have had to give up a 1st round pick.

Our best chances on that list are Bart Scott, Chris Canty, and Antonio Smith. I'd like Canty the most of those names.

Agreed. Although I really want to pickup Brown too.

AussieChiefsFan
02-26-2009, 01:51 AM
At the moment all I want them to draft is 'Aaron Curry'. But other people will be very good to draft.

yashi
02-26-2009, 09:20 AM
Scott, Canty, Curry, and Jason Brown would make this a successful offseason for me.

chiefnut
02-26-2009, 01:29 PM
chris cante DE/dallas and igor olshansky DE/sd can play either in a 4-3 or 3-4
jason brown is a beast at center who can also play guard
these would be great acquisitions

SDChief09
02-26-2009, 02:27 PM
To me, Crowder is a huge loss, he was my number 1 option..

Now..Jason Brown, Igor Olshansky, Chris Keomatu(spelling)...would solve C/RG issues, let waters man LG for 3 more years...Albert stays at LT, and RT is a position we monitor...

Igor is an obvious 3-4 upgrade who can also go 4-3. I would love to add Vilma to the list since hes number 2 for me behind Crowder at LB, however I think being realistic, we overpay for Brown, give a nice deal to Chris, and Igor...then find a few other guys coming off their first deal, maybe Nate Washington, and thats that for this year...I would look to deal LJ NOW to get a pick so we figure out the 3rd RB slot with charles/smith assumed to have roles.

I would then use money to resign Page to a 3-4 year deal, nothing huge, but deserving of a non pro bowl starter....I would NOT pay DJ top money since he has not earned it.

The draft arrives, we take Curry, then in the 2nd, if we cant get Brown, we take Mack, if we get Brown, we look hard at RT, then land on hopefully a guy like Larry English falls...If we cant find a number 2, since I think that Bradley is a 3, then maybe in the 2nd round we surprise and take Robitsky(spelling), or maybe Alphonso Smith falls due to size and we have no choice...never know. I think Nate Davis is possible there as well, If Curry wasnt so good, I'd prefer to deal back.

theaxeeffect4311
02-26-2009, 08:52 PM
Scott, Canty, Curry, and Jason Brown would make this a successful offseason for me.

That would be a great off-season. I actually want Brown most of all. We need good linemen, and I think Brown would be better served at RG. Then draft a guy like Alex Mack in the second and our O-line is almost set. Add a receiver like Coles or Housh, and we'll have a great team. Come on Pioli, pull off some magic.

AkChief49
02-26-2009, 11:35 PM

TIMES CONFIRMS CANTY-TO-SKINS RUMOR (http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/02/26/times-confirms-canty-to-skins-rumor/)

Posted by Mike Florio on February 26, 2009, 11:08 p.m.
The Washington Times has confirmed our report that the Redskins will be taking immediate aim (http://www.washingtontimes.com/weblogs/redskins/2009/Feb/26/cantys-play-redskins/) at Cowboys defensive end Chris Canty once free agency officially opens in less than an hour.
The most intriguing question about this one is whether and to what extent there has been advance contact between the Redskins and agent Brad Blank.
Technically, there should be none — not even regarding arrangements for a visit on Friday.
And the pre-free agency tampering has gotten so rampant that one media source has opined to us that the league is going to have to acknowledge the situation and either permit it or take action to stopt it.
The problem is that everyone does it. A high-level executive with one team told us a couple of years ago that his team never engaged in advance discussions regarding looming free agents until he realized that his team was at a competitive disadvantage because everyone else was doing it.
The media source with whom we spoke today shared a similar story regarding a G.M. who realized several years back that, if he didn’t tell agents before the process began that his team was interested in certain players, deals would be in place with other teams before the market actually opened.

So, it seems, do the Redskins:mob:

yashi
02-27-2009, 09:20 AM
Redskins cancelled their meeting with Canty after agreeing to terms with Haynesworth. But it looks like Canty's now going to meet with Tennessee.

pbatrucker
02-27-2009, 12:24 PM
I read THat Canty also is meeting with Denver

jap1
02-27-2009, 12:37 PM
Now with Waters being supposedly disgruntled, I have to say I REALLY think we could use Jason Brown.

Bike
02-27-2009, 01:31 PM
I read THat Canty also is meeting with Denver
Why aint he meeting in KC?
A. Pioli not interested
B. Canty not interested

jmlamerson
02-27-2009, 01:35 PM
Why aint he meeting in KC?
A. Pioli not interested
B. Canty not interested

My guess: a little from column A and a little from column B.

yashi
02-27-2009, 01:40 PM
Don't forget that it's very possibly Pioli is meeting/communicating with many of these guys and he's being very covert about it, just as everything else has been with the Chiefs lately.

SDChief09
02-27-2009, 03:53 PM
true, take a look at Vrabel, that was kept pretty quiet considering the connection between Pioli and the Pats.