PDA

View Full Version : Warner to stay with Arizona (Leinart?)

warcrychief
02-20-2009, 11:08 PM
Warner will return, expected to head back to Arizona :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: Football (http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/1441797,warner-returns-022009.article)

How does us trying to trade for Leinart? Im sure he must be pissed and want out.

Chiefster
02-20-2009, 11:10 PM
This surprises me not.

Bike
02-21-2009, 12:13 AM
I need a cold one.

tornadospotter
02-21-2009, 08:35 AM
I need a cold one.
This surprises me not!

wubfree
02-21-2009, 12:15 PM
Leinart's a screwup (hollywood friends, beer bongs, etc) and more importantly he has no arm. Thigpen better and 6/7 rnd draft picks can turn into our backups IMO.

Canada
02-21-2009, 01:30 PM
Hey, I resent that. I have no arm and I hit a lot of beer bongs (as well as other bongs) although I don't think that I am a better QB than Thigpen, so...carry on, I guess I don't resent that. I love bongs

wubfree
02-21-2009, 04:23 PM
Lol..

Unsterblich856
02-21-2009, 06:40 PM
If Leinart wants to be traded, he won't get one. The front office still considered him their future. Kurt Warner is 38 and has a bit of a history with injuries. At any point in the season he can be hit with an injury or run straight into the age wall, and if Leinart isn't there, their season is doomed. Also, Rod Graves never trades away players.

chiefsfreak4life
02-21-2009, 08:14 PM
Warner will return, expected to head back to Arizona :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: Football (http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/1441797,warner-returns-022009.article)

How does us trying to trade for Leinart? Im sure he must be pissed and want out.

I would rather draft Sanchez if we are thinking about a USC QB.

prough91
02-22-2009, 01:03 AM
I would rather draft Sanchez if we are thinking about a USC QB.

Pbbtttt. No Sanchez.

AussieChiefsFan
02-22-2009, 01:33 AM
Pbbtttt. No Sanchez.yes sanchez:bananen_smilies046:

Vandelay
02-22-2009, 01:36 AM
yes sanchez:bananen_smilies046:
Well which is it, Sanchez or Curry?

AussieChiefsFan
02-22-2009, 01:42 AM
Well which is it, Sanchez or Curry?both, but if i need to pick one. Curry.

prough91
02-22-2009, 01:43 AM
Well which is it, Sanchez or Curry?

Curry. Sanchez had one decent, not even great, year.

Vandelay
02-22-2009, 01:47 AM
Just so it's not Sanchez, Stafford, or Crabtree, I'll be happy.

prough91
02-22-2009, 01:49 AM
Just so it's not Sanchez, Stafford, or Crabtree, I'll be happy.

Amen. We're the only people here that seem to share this opinion. Let's become BFFs.

AussieChiefsFan
02-22-2009, 01:49 AM
Just so it's not Sanchez, Stafford, or Crabtree, I'll be happy.don't worry it won't be crabtree

Vandelay
02-22-2009, 01:53 AM
Amen. We're the only people here that seem to share this opinion. Let's become BFFs.
:lol: :D :toast2:

prough91
02-22-2009, 02:02 AM
Now I sound like my daughter.

prough91
02-22-2009, 02:03 AM
Now I sound like my daughter.

AussieChiefsFan
02-22-2009, 02:04 AM
I have to say that I doubt we will draft a QB ,definately not WR Crabtree due his SF. I am starting to feel we will go defensively unless they go with some OL people.good, i don't want a #1 pick QB to be honost

warcrychief
02-22-2009, 07:11 AM
To me using a #1 or in our case #3 overall pick on a QB that has not been tested in a game at NFL speed. It's a terrible thing really because if we do and they don't pan out we get screwed outta our high pick but if they don't bomb out we have our franchise QB. The thing is though if we don't use it for a chance at a great QB, someone else gets that chance and if it works for them there would be no chance in hell of getting a chance to make a deal for them unless they become unhappy and want traded. Most teams will do what it takes to keep talent at that position over all others in the NFL as it is a rare thing to find a guy like Ryan for the Falcons or a Flacko, those types of QB's are not easy to get hold of.

My thoughts exactly. So why is everyone so scared of drafting a QB when we have Haley to coach him. Sure Haley is untested. But, if you dont take the chance than everyone else gets the better QB's. Like i mentioned earlier that every team in the AFC Playoffs had a 1st round QB. Just as much as we need defense, we also need a offense to keep the defense fresh and off the field. Thats what i thought that Herm did horrible for out D. Never ran the ball to keep the defense off the field for long.

Sure Thigpen had some good games. But when it was crunch time he didnt have the mental game to keep the offense on the field. Although we hardly ran the ball in the second half. But i would rather have a couple of good guns on the shelf. rather than just one. And say we lose him to a injury. Then what? We havent had a good stable of QB since... i cant remember.

windwalker
02-22-2009, 07:11 AM
good, i don't want a #1 pick QB to be honost

Does that mean you want a #1 pick QB to be dishonest???:lol::lol:

warcrychief
02-22-2009, 08:41 PM
Montana and Grbac at the sametime was the best we have had ,maybe Grbac and Gannon but, I am failing to remember when we had 3 capable QB's at the sametime. Maybe Bill Kenny and Blackledge? LMAO!!!!

what good is 1 going to do if he gets injured. The rest are even lucky to have a paycheck from the Chiefs. Sure we need alot of other holes filled. But if Stafford is our anwser at QB. What is everyone afraid of picking him up? Yeah, yeah, i can hear the rest of you. We have no O-line. But put Thigpen out there and let #1 hold the clipboard. And if we have 2 good qb's well thank goodness we have that problem out of the way.

Hayvern
02-23-2009, 02:04 AM
what good is 1 going to do if he gets injured. The rest are even lucky to have a paycheck from the Chiefs. Sure we need alot of other holes filled. But if Stafford is our anwser at QB. What is everyone afraid of picking him up? Yeah, yeah, i can hear the rest of you. We have no O-line. But put Thigpen out there and let #1 hold the clipboard. And if we have 2 good qb's well thank goodness we have that problem out of the way.

I don't think anyone is scared of picking one up, the point is that even a mediocre quarterback can look awesome behind a killer OL. Look at Cassel for an example.

The point is that no matter who you put behind our line, they are not going to perform well. Many on this board think Thigpen cannot play, I don't know why personally, when you consider what he was able to do when the #1 and #2 QBs on this team both went down due to this swiss cheese line.

The thing most of us want to avoid is putting out that much money for a quarterback a year before the contract rules change. We have a guy that can play, a couple of other guys who we thought were the future or at least could hold us through, I don't see any reason to waste 13 or 14 million on untested QB when next year we could get one for a much more reasonable salary.

Why would you pay 13 or 14 million or more per year for a guy to hold the clipboard, only to see him go down to injury the minute you need him as was the case with Brady Quinn this season.

I think that is why very few want to take on a QB this season, especially when there are very good quality players that we can use immediately to make a difference.

warcrychief
02-23-2009, 02:15 AM
I don't think anyone is scared of picking one up, the point is that even a mediocre quarterback can look awesome behind a killer OL. Look at Cassel for an example.

The point is that no matter who you put behind our line, they are not going to perform well. Many on this board think Thigpen cannot play, I don't know why personally, when you consider what he was able to do when the #1 and #2 QBs on this team both went down due to this swiss cheese line.

The thing most of us want to avoid is putting out that much money for a quarterback a year before the contract rules change. We have a guy that can play, a couple of other guys who we thought were the future or at least could hold us through, I don't see any reason to waste 13 or 14 million on untested QB when next year we could get one for a much more reasonable salary.

Why would you pay 13 or 14 million or more per year for a guy to hold the clipboard, only to see him go down to injury the minute you need him as was the case with Brady Quinn this season.

I think that is why very few want to take on a QB this season, especially when there are very good quality players that we can use immediately to make a difference.

I for one, refuse to think that Pioli will not adress the O-line. No matter how blue in the face any of us get, about talking about what we should do. Im glad that we have Pioli doing it. For once we have someone that will take this team serious and not treat it like his own fun house. and killing anychance at FA and our own Draft picks.