PDA

View Full Version : Pioli willing to make trade deals on draft day

okikcfan
02-22-2009, 01:06 AM
Pioli willing to make trades with draft picks - Kansas City Star (http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/story/1047043.html)

prough91
02-22-2009, 01:19 AM
Isn't every GM willing to make trades on draft day?

AussieChiefsFan
02-22-2009, 01:20 AM
Isn't every GM willing to make trades on draft day?probably:lol:

okikcfan
02-22-2009, 01:23 AM
Isn't every GM willing to make trades on draft day?

Yes but Pioli is very good at it. I think this could be a very good year!!, beside would you rather have Herm trade and pick or Pioli?

AussieChiefsFan
02-22-2009, 01:27 AM
Yes but Pioli is very good at it. I think this could be a very good year!!, beside would you rather have Herm trade and pick or Pioli?PIOLI

[and also we have a HC that was in the super bowl a month ago]

Pro_Angler
02-22-2009, 11:50 AM
I read a lot of it as him in a rebuilding mode for the next 3-4 years. I don't know about that.

chiefsfreak4life
02-22-2009, 11:54 AM
Reading that story leads me to believe that Pioli is looking to make the Chiefs into a serious contender. I always hated the way that CP would just not discuss things like Scott just did in this story. I am starting to feel good about the changes made so far, at first I was a lil skepticle but maybe this is a great thing. WHAT AM AI SAYING?!?!?!?! This RULES!

I'm with you!!!

ChiefMojo
02-22-2009, 12:00 PM
To be honest we are so use to the dog and pony show the King would bring out. It got really tiring, but frankly it was the only thing we knew for so long. It is amazing to be able to listen to someone that doesn't seem pissed off, paranoid, and confrontational. :bananen_smilies046:

DT14PRIEST
02-22-2009, 01:24 PM
I read into it as being two things:

+Rebuilding through the draft means he's more then willing to dump some veteran guys this year (watchout Tony)

+No fear of packaging draft picks consisting of the current draft year as well as future draft picks

I really think that Pioli is savvy enough that if he wants to trade down he'll find a way to trade down. I for one wouldn't be suprised if a scenario such as him packaging this years pick with another pick from the latter rounds in next years draft (if he had too) if he wanted to trade down to a more favorable position to help the team through FA to preserve some cap space in near future to further the teams quality with free agents rather then unproven rookies.

Just a thought

hometeam
02-22-2009, 02:15 PM
The pats have recently done a good job with trading for and against 'next years draft picks'. Look for Pioli to adopt the same attitude in KC~

okikcfan
02-22-2009, 11:54 PM
Pioli is in charge of all football operations meaning he trades who he wants to, if it's a good deal, he'll do it. No matter who it is he wants to trade. Also it sounds as if he wants to keep LJ, maybe as a deal maker or maybe to keep him for another year. One never knows....

prough91
02-23-2009, 10:53 AM
Pioli is in charge of all football operations meaning he trades who he wants to, if it's a good deal, he'll do it. No matter who it is he wants to trade. Also it sounds as if he wants to keep LJ, maybe as a deal maker or maybe to keep him for another year. One never knows....

Or there might be 4 or 5 women in the greater Kansas City Metro area that he hasn't spit on.

Seek
02-23-2009, 12:41 PM
I read into it as being two things:

+Rebuilding through the draft means he's more then willing to dump some veteran guys this year (watchout Tony)

+No fear of packaging draft picks consisting of the current draft year as well as future draft picks

I really think that Pioli is savvy enough that if he wants to trade down he'll find a way to trade down. I for one wouldn't be suprised if a scenario such as him packaging this years pick with another pick from the latter rounds in next years draft (if he had too) if he wanted to trade down to a more favorable position to help the team through FA to preserve some cap space in near future to further the teams quality with free agents rather then unproven rookies.

Just a thought

What kind of trade value to you think Tamba or Pollard could get us.

Bike
02-23-2009, 06:47 PM
What kind of trade value to you think Tamba or Pollard could get us.
We're screwed thanks to the Herm/CP braintrust. Its gonna take a couple years and more than a couple dollars to get some football players in here....
I don't even want to think of all the missed tackles and backpeddling I seen with these 2 guys. They would both be reserves anywhere else.