PDA

View Full Version : Canton Enshrinement...I'll be there!!

Connie Jo
02-24-2009, 03:15 PM
When we Chiefs fans tragically lost DT (RIP), my sorrow eventually turned to focusing on DT's induction into the NFL HOF...it was all we had left to hope for related to DT and his NFL Career.

I promised myself and others that when that day I came I would be there to witness DT's induction, and I'm keeping that promise. :)

Hotel reservations are made, Fawcett Stadium tickets to the Enshrinement purchased! Also purchased from the HOF online gift shop...DT's HOF shirts & caps to wear on the trip, but more than likely will wear my beloved #58 jersey to the actual enshrinement.

Finally...a dream come true for DT's family and fans. Words can't express how thrilled I am DT will be enshrined this August. The honor is very much earned and deserved, for his NFL career accomplishments and his personal accomplishments off the field related to his charity work.

Miss you DT.

chiefnut
02-24-2009, 03:19 PM
I will see you there!!!

Connie Jo
02-24-2009, 03:35 PM
AWESOME!! :)

I presumed many Chiefs fans would be there, or at least hoped so anyway. It would be wonderful to flood the stands with #58, or at the least a sea of red in DT's honor! :)

Canada
02-24-2009, 04:03 PM
My buddy Dan and I will be there and YZILLA may be joining us as well. We will be posting a thread about where to meet up, party etc for anyone who cares to join us!!

CheKC out our home opener party thread!!
CHIEFSCROWD 2nd Annual Home Opener Tailgate party attendence list - Kansas City Chiefs Forums (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6949)

chiefnut
02-24-2009, 04:20 PM
My buddy Dan and I will be there and YZILLA may be joining us as well. We will be posting a thread about where to meet up, party etc for anyone who cares to join us!!

CheKC out our home opener party thread!!
CHIEFSCROWD 2nd Annual Home Opener Tailgate party attendence list - Kansas City Chiefs Forums (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6949)

lookin forward to it [HOF], will be bringin my steeler lovin daughter w/me [woodson fan], she's pretty cool though and she likes beer!!:bananen_smilies046:

Connie Jo
02-24-2009, 06:08 PM
I'll keep my eye out for the meet up info here. We don't drink beer these days due to health issues, but certainly have a good time any way with fellow Chiefs & DT fans!! :)

tornadospotter
02-24-2009, 06:21 PM
I'll keep my eye out for the meet up info here. We don't drink beer these days due to health issues, but certainly have a good time any way with fellow Chiefs & DT fans!! :)
Canada will be relieved, his beer is safe.:D

kuchief
02-24-2009, 06:44 PM
I'm jealous of you guys, have fun. wish I could go, maybe I'll make it for the Tony G one when it happens

Coach
02-24-2009, 07:50 PM
I'm going to try to make it as well.

tornadospotter
02-24-2009, 08:00 PM
I would love to go, you all better post some pics and vids for all of us. Just out of curiosity, if a bunch of crowders in the kc area are going, I wonder if it would be more economical to book a bus? If I win the lottery I would do it, but I think I have to buy a ticket to win.:11:

chiefsfreak4life
02-24-2009, 08:36 PM
I'll be there as well! Got my hotel and enshrinement tickets too! Not going to the game, just the Hall of Fame and the enshrinement, a quick 16 hour drive there on Friday and then back home on Sunday!

My DT jersey is White not red so I can't help the sea of red, but I will be one of the 58's!!!

Connie Jo
02-25-2009, 02:35 AM
I'll be there as well! Got my hotel and enshrinement tickets too! Not going to the game, just the Hall of Fame and the enshrinement, a quick 16 hour drive there on Friday and then back home on Sunday!

My DT jersey is White not red so I can't help the sea of red, but I will be one of the 58's!!!

Those are pretty much our plans too. Plan on leaving sometime late Thursday, driving till tired...may make it straight through, just depends. Attend the Enshrinement Sat. night, no game Sunday since we need to start the drive home.

We drove straight through to Canton in 2002, specifically to visit the NFL HOF, saw the R&R HOF in Cleveland while there too. Took us about 14 hrs, with a dinner stop & potty stops. Drive home was longer since we went out of the way to visit Notre Dame's Campus in Southbend, IN. on the drive back.

ChiefMojo
02-25-2009, 10:22 AM
I'll be there with Freaks in Canton! I can't wait for the day to come. We have been waiting for quite awhile now for Derrick to be enshrined.

I'm sure it will be a great time by all Chiefs fans! :beer:

Canada
02-25-2009, 12:33 PM
Anyone know of a good place to meet up and maybe have a few beers and hang out?