PDA

View Full Version : Haynesworth to Washington

texaschief
02-24-2009, 10:33 PM
http://blogs.chron.com/fantasyfootball/

"My source tells me to look for a contract that could break $100 million with an average of $15 million to $16 million per. My guy is almost never wrong and Dan Snyder gets what he wants."

At least we're not the one who'll be stuck with this bill... good lord. I knew he'd get a big contract, but this is ridiculous for a player who has yet to play an entire season during his 8 year career.

yashi
02-24-2009, 10:44 PM
Leave it to the Redskins to overpay for him.

Coach
02-24-2009, 11:18 PM
Free agency hasn't begun, so no deal is done yet. But Snyder has never been afraid of spending money.

chiefsfreak4life
02-24-2009, 11:19 PM
When the NFL has no salary cap, the Redskins will become the Yankees of the NFL.

texaschief
02-24-2009, 11:23 PM
When the NFL has no salary cap, the Redskins will become the Yankees of the NFL.

If the NFL goes uncapped, it won't last long. MAYBE a season. But honestly, I see a lockout before even THAT happens. There are too many small market teams for the owners to allow that to happen. They've seen what baseball has become and the NFL wants no part of that.

kuchief
02-25-2009, 03:30 AM
If we draft a QB we would probably have to pay around 3/4 of that contract. Not that I think it's smart, but I'd rather shell out a ton of cash to a proven stud then to a rookie

tornadospotter
02-25-2009, 03:40 AM
Giving any player that kind of money is not only a huge risk but right down stupid. That is going to make anyone that gets a bunch of sacks think he cango out and get $100 million contracts. It isn't any wonder the league is about to be on strike. It seems every year another player gets one of these huge contracts then the other half of the players want more money or to be released so they can try and get a huge pay. Just crazy as Hell!

Al the crypt davis and snyder, trying to buy a super bowl with overpaying players, and screwing up other players with inflated egos of what they are worth.
:11:

Seek
02-25-2009, 09:59 AM
Free agency hasn't begun, so no deal is done yet. But Snyder has never been afraid of spending money.

Wasn't there a player last year who signed at 12:01. The deal could be done, just not official until Friday.

yashi
02-25-2009, 10:17 AM
If we draft a QB we would probably have to pay around 3/4 of that contract. Not that I think it's smart, but I'd rather shell out a ton of cash to a proven stud then to a rookie
apples and oranges... QBs make over twice what DTs make. Proven schmoven, the guy suddenly becomes the best defensive lineman in the NFL in the last 2 years of his contract, and is "pretty good" the rest of the time. Not to mention he's never played a full season.

I'm really glad it's the Redskins and not us. Let him stomp on people in the NFC.

prough91
02-25-2009, 11:30 AM
apples and oranges... QBs make over twice what DTs make. Proven schmoven, the guy suddenly becomes the best defensive lineman in the NFL in the last 2 years of his contract, and is "pretty good" the rest of the time. Not to mention he's never played a full season.

I'm really glad it's the Redskins and not us. Let him stomp on people in the NFC.

No. No. He played a WHOLE season his rookie year.

dbolan
02-25-2009, 03:26 PM

Amen to that!

I noticed on NFL LIve via ESPN yesterday that the cronies are saying the same thing I was saying about AH only having one good year and they also uestioned his durability factor.

I think they said that his only full year in which he was available to play every year was either his rookie year or his 2nd year but he was not a starter, so the downs were limited. After that, he has had injury problems and of course, the foot stomp incident.

I say let the Redskins take the gamble with $100mil.

dbolan
02-25-2009, 03:29 PM
No. No. He played a WHOLE season his rookie year.

He was not a starter. It was a limited role unlike the following years. So, in essence, he was "available to play" every game but he was not taking that many downs either. Thus, the durability questions once his role began to increase.

dbolan
02-25-2009, 03:35 PM
Giving any player that kind of money is not only a huge risk but right down stupid. That is going to make anyone that gets a bunch of sacks think he cango out and get $100 million contracts.......

What do you mean "it is going to make them" go out and ask for that kind of money?????

EVERY player that has a good or great year has been doing it since Reggie White made the FA move years ago!!! Particularly the WR's, QB's, RB's, DE's, LB's and DB's!!!!!!!!!!

Now the lineman are getting in the mix...Do I blame them..NO! But it is morons like Schneider that cause the market value to skyrocket because he will pay them!

N TX Dave
02-25-2009, 06:18 PM

Don't forget ol Jethro down here in Dallas and Art in Oakland.

Coach
02-25-2009, 10:00 PM
Wasn't there a player last year who signed at 12:01. The deal could be done, just not official until Friday.

Technically, it's tampering. But........

If everyone's doing it, free-agent tampering is OK - NFL - ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=yasinskas_pat&id=3263750)

Seek
02-26-2009, 05:22 PM
I am curious if the economy is also going to hit NFL players like it supposedly hit MLB.

People are commanding money and not getting it.

touchdown bowe
02-26-2009, 07:28 PM
Washington is insane for giving him that much

DT14PRIEST
02-27-2009, 05:01 AM
Washington is insane for giving him that much

Nah its just what Redskin management does since the dawn of time. Signing big name players to big time deals and getting little to show for it but a hit to the salary cap.

DT14PRIEST
02-27-2009, 07:19 AM
I just saw on ESPN bottom bar that Haynesworth agreed to a 7 year/100$ million dollar deal with the redskins.

I can't find an official report but it was breaking news on the bottom bar on ESPN News.

So anyone who even had a thought of Albert coming here can let it go now cause it was never gonna happen.

:11:

pbatrucker
02-27-2009, 08:07 AM
From the sporting news, Haynesworth signed with the skins, 7yr, 100 million

Bike
02-27-2009, 10:40 AM
From the sporting news, Haynesworth signed with the skins, 7yr, 100 million
Snyder is a freakin' idiot.

Chief Tyler
02-27-2009, 10:48 AM
ESPN reported that KC was "in on the sweepstakes." I just hope we weren't dumb enough to bite in and offer something ridiculous, maybe we just threw out offers to test the waters. But man, I sorta hope to Haynesworth injured early on, if only for the sake of irony. Worst cap hit ever!

Bike
02-27-2009, 11:05 AM
Man I'm glad we don't have that Snyder/Jones/Davis mentality in KC. These guys want to buy their wins. I think Pioli has a history of producing - not buying - football players and championships.

dbolan
02-27-2009, 11:17 AM

He pays dearly for sub-par teams, that is for sure.

I confirm my stance on the value of Haynesworth. We will see over the next couple of years if it was worth it.

AkChief49
02-28-2009, 12:45 AM
Yeah and now the precedence has been set. You will pay dearly for the next one!:mob:

Canada
02-28-2009, 01:22 AM
I wish I had 100 million dollars.

tornadospotter
02-28-2009, 02:18 AM
Maybe Obama gave the home team some of the stimulus money.:mob: :D

hermhater
02-28-2009, 03:17 AM

They will only end up paying him $48 million.

Snyder is as smart as Al.

Canada
02-28-2009, 12:53 PM
Davis or Bundy?