PDA

View Full Version : Who is our def. coordinator??

budde
02-26-2009, 09:03 AM
Any news on this?? Its been a while since there have been coaching announcing

Is he on our team all ready? if yes why isn't he shown to the media?

Bike
02-26-2009, 09:11 AM
I don't know yet. The team hasn't announced it. When they do I'm sure someone will start a thread about it...

yashi
02-26-2009, 09:12 AM
No announcements. I can tell you that it's certainly going to be either Gibbs, Pendergast, or Crennel if he's hired.

The likely scenario that's going on right now is that Pioli is trying to hire Crennel to be the DC, and that's why Gibbs and Pendergast's positions have yet to be announced.

budde
02-26-2009, 09:17 AM
No announcements. I can tell you that it's certainly going to be either Gibbs, Pendergast, or Crennel if he's hired.

The likely scenario that's going on right now is that Pioli is trying to hire Crennel to be the DC, and that's why Gibbs and Pendergast's positions have yet to be announced.

but isn't pendergast and gibbs only proven coordinators and LB coaches??? aren't one of them going to teach a new position if crennel is hired

yashi
02-26-2009, 09:35 AM
but isn't pendergast and gibbs only proven coordinators and LB coaches??? aren't one of them going to teach a new position if crennel is hired
Pendergast did a lot of work with the DBs when he was on the Cowboys. So he'd likely become the DB coach and Gibbs the LB coach if Crennel's hired.

EDIT: oops, Joel Collier is DB coach... but he has a lot of experience as a RB coach as well, so maybe he'd move over to coach RBs.

yeah there could be a lot of shuffling.

Coach
02-27-2009, 10:42 PM
Seriously, why so long on Crennel? Get it done already.

KristofLaw
02-27-2009, 10:44 PM
Seriously, why so long on Crennel? Get it done already.
Exactly, there brilliance and then you cross the line into redundancy?.!?

Coach
03-06-2009, 12:20 AM
Romeo's agent has reported that Crennel is no longer a candidate for the DC job in Kansas City for 2009. He wants to rest his hip following his surgery.

Look for the Chiefs to name Gary Gibbs or Clancy Pendergast as DC sometime tomorrow(Friday).

Bummer, I really wanted Crennel. But I'll be glad to have some closure around the issue.

Jetski
03-06-2009, 09:19 AM
That is a bummer. I was a little excited about the prospect of getting Crennel. Oh well, and life moves on!

budde
03-06-2009, 11:39 AM
Romeo's agent has reported that Crennel is no longer a candidate for the DC job in Kansas City for 2009. He wants to rest his hip following his surgery.

Look for the Chiefs to name Gary Gibbs or Clancy Pendergast as DC sometime tomorrow(Friday).

Bummer, I really wanted Crennel. But I'll be glad to have some closure around the issue.

the agent only said that how situation looked now he will focus on his rehab.. Maybe in a couble a month he will be ready...

will it effect the team that they don't announce the position until then?

Coach
03-06-2009, 02:13 PM
the agent only said that how situation looked now he will focus on his rehab.. Maybe in a couble a month he will be ready...

will it effect the team that they don't announce the position until then?
If we were hired it would be as a consultant, not as a DC.

Sn@keIze
03-06-2009, 03:22 PM
No Crennell. Dang!

It would be awesome if we get Greg Robinson! Go for it Pioli!

Just kidding:D

Jetski
03-06-2009, 08:37 PM
No Crennell. Dang!

It would be awesome if we get Greg Robinson! Go for it Pioli!

Just kidding:D

Thats not funny!! (well, maybe a little)

okikcfan
03-07-2009, 07:57 PM
I'm sure we will know before too long, the draft is in April and you would want everyone in place and on the same page by that time, so I would say we will know in 2 or 3 weeks...

jason1981
03-08-2009, 04:37 AM
2 or 3 weeks is still a long time to wait in my book atleast. i want to know now. lol

prough91
03-09-2009, 11:07 AM
Fine. You guys will find out anyway. It's me.

Chief Tyler
03-09-2009, 12:42 PM
I haven't given up hope yet on Crennel. Pioli is going to wave the magic stick and Romeo will be healed to brand new so he is left with nothing to do except help lead our defense to victory.

Coach
03-09-2009, 04:11 PM
I haven't given up hope yet on Crennel. Pioli is going to wave the magic stick and Romeo will be healed to brand new so he is left with nothing to do except help lead our defense to victory.
That would be nice.

prough91
03-10-2009, 11:05 AM

And I want a pony.

budde
03-13-2009, 11:57 AM
It looks like Pendergast as the new defensive coordinator | Red Zone (http://chiefsblog.kansascity.com/?q=node/731)

It looks like Pendergast as the new defensive coordinator
The Chiefs will be naming Clancy Pendergast as their new defensive coordinator, perhaps as soon as today.
Pendergast was the coordinator for the last five years for the Arizona Cardinals and worked the last two with new Chiefs head coach Todd Haley.
The Cardinals played versions of both the 4-3 and 3-4 last season, so it's possible the Chiefs could be doing the same.

tornadospotter
03-13-2009, 12:15 PM
Fine. You guys will find out anyway. It's me.
You have been fired.:D

AussieChiefsFan
03-13-2009, 11:31 PM
KANSAS CITY CHIEFS NAME CLANCY PENDERGAST DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR

MAR 13, 2009, 2:14:52 PM

The Kansas City Chiefs announced on Friday that the club has named Clancy Pendergast defensive coordinator on head coach Todd Haley’s coaching staff.
“Clancy was instrumental in the Arizona Cardinals run at the end of last season that led to our appearance in the Super Bowl,” head coach Todd Haley noted. “The fact that we have experience working together along with Clancy’s previous experience working with Gary Gibbs will be a big factor in our continuity as we move forward.”
Pendergast owns 14 seasons of experience in the NFL coaching ranks and he spent the past five campaigns as defensive coordinator with Arizona (2004-08). The Cardinals defense was opportunistic under Pendergast’s direction in 2008, leading the league by recovering 17 opponents’ fumbles. The club also tied for fifth in the league a year ago with 30 total takeaways. In 2007, Arizona ranked ninth in the NFL in run defense by allowing 97.9 yards per game.
Prior to guiding the Cardinals defensive unit, Pendergast spent one season as the linebackers coach with Cleveland (2003) and he enjoyed a seven-year tenure with Dallas (’96-02). He began his NFL coaching career as a defensive assistant/quality control coach with Houston (’95).
The Phoenix, Arizona native started his coaching career in the collegiate ranks as a graduate assistant with Mississippi State (’91). Pendergast enjoyed stops at Southern California (’92) as a defensive assistant and at Oklahoma (’93-94) as a graduate assistant and tight ends coach. Pendergast graduated from the University of Arizona in ‘90.

marloweopatchiefs
03-14-2009, 01:31 PM
its pendergast..they already announce it