PDA

View Full Version : KCChiefs.com : Huard exceeded expectations

Coach
02-26-2009, 12:30 PM
The Chiefs developed a self-destructive habit in recent years of signing veterans who had much less gas left in their tanks than projected. Quarterback Damon Huard was one of the exceptions. A career backup when the Chiefs signed him in 2004, Huard

More... (http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2009/02/26/huard_exceeded_expectations/)

N TX Dave
02-26-2009, 02:59 PM
Yes he gave everything but with the supporting cast he had in 2007-2008 it was not enough. I am kind of srorry to see him go he managed to win more that any of the other QB's we had but at 35 it is time.

hardcorechiefsfan
02-27-2009, 01:52 AM
Yes he gave everything but with the supporting cast he had in 2007-2008 it was not enough. I am kind of srorry to see him go he managed to win more that any of the other QB's we had but at 35 it is time.
Also, he wasn't very well liked by the fans.

Hayvern
02-27-2009, 03:05 AM
There is something good to be said about a guy that is a professional, that goes out everyday and works. He might not have the fame or support of the fans because he is not asking for a trade or to be released every other week, but he certainly earned my respect.

While I had no doubt, nor did anyone for that matter, that he would be released this season. Still he did a lot for the team and is probably one of my favorite players over the last couple of seasons.