PDA

View Full Version : wow... now we need to replace Waters!!

texaschief
02-27-2009, 01:22 AM
ugh!!!

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/story/1057650.html

Here's hoping Haley is a stop-gap coach and one of the big guys will be signed next season. Like I said before, the best way to develop an opinion of a coach is by how the vets feel about him. If Haley's guys in Arizona didn't like him and now BRIAN EFFING WATERS of all people want to get away from him.... things can't go well with this guy.

jap1
02-27-2009, 01:28 AM
Im hoping this is not true. Otherwise we can pretty much guarantee a 2-3 year "rebuilding" or "building" period. Whatever you want to call it, we will have way too many holes to fill. Too many to even plug in patchwork players. If he leaves, then we need at least 3 new linemen (im not convinced Niswanger is less than average).

Sigh :mob:

texaschief
02-27-2009, 01:45 AM
I'm sorry, but am I the only one extremely underwhelmed by the Pioli/Haley management thus far? They have yet to name a DC, haven't completed their coaching staff and took forever to get the guys who they DID hire. Then, these guys they hired were responsible for some of the most mediocre defenses in the last few years. They won't release ANY info, no matter how mundane it may be... (Like, who cares about the tenders the three RFA's got today? Their agents are about to let everyone know EXACTLY what they were offered... why not just save everyone the hassle and say what you offered them?)

Now, these jackasses are running off the NFL's GREATEST person. How effed up do things have to be to make Brian Waters ask for a release or trade?

I don't want to make any snap judgements, but this just seems like one big cluster#$%#. I have SERIOUS doubts about Haley's ability to be an effective HC. He's not bringing in a good staff to surround him and he's already got 2 of the 3 Pro Bowlers on this team asking for a trade. He's cut the other two (Surtain, Edwards). Not that I necessarily disagree with the Surtain, Edwards releases. I'm just saying, it doesn't look like this guy is going to do so well attracting vets or even coaching them.

Hayvern
02-27-2009, 01:46 AM
WOW, this was crazy, but I kind of have to laugh about this line:

And Haley began his hallway conversation with Waters by proclaiming that 22 players off the street could win two games, the source said.

Now that is pretty funny and pretty telling. I don't think this regime is in the mindset to treat these guys with kid gloves. This is a far cry from when Edwards was here and I like what I am seeing. These guys get coddled way too much for the money they are making.

I also fully expect to hear Pioli and Haley tell Waters to pack sand and get on board with the season.

hardcorechiefsfan
02-27-2009, 01:49 AM
... (im not convinced Niswanger is less than average).

Sigh :mob:
Niswanger the center??? Anyone can be the center. I would think it would be kinda like playing Hot Potato with the football!

texaschief
02-27-2009, 01:50 AM
Niswanger needs to be moved to guard

texaschief
02-27-2009, 01:58 AM
What can we get for Waters in a trade? mid-late 2nd rounder?

Big Daddy Tek
02-27-2009, 02:47 AM
Pioli could give a sh!t what any player thinks about anything. This is a guy who cut or traded Deion Branch, Ty law, Lawyer Milloy, Asante Samuel, Drew Bledsoe, and others. You think he cares if Brian Waters is crying? He!! no. Listen Tex, I love Brian and Tony and even LJ, but these guys do not mess around, your replacement is always right around the corner and if your under contract then you are owned! Brian better get ready for OTA's in a couple months.

Vandelay
02-27-2009, 02:49 AM
The Chiefs should not trade Waters. He's got two options, either man up and play, or refuse and don't get paid. Yes he's been a great player, as well as a great man in the community, but please STFU. It seem as if some of these players would rather have continued losing under good ole loveable, never say a mean thing Herm. Playtime is over, now it's time to be a real NFL team.

hometeam
02-27-2009, 03:00 AM
damn.. hes our best player!

warcrychief
02-27-2009, 03:36 AM
He isnt going anywhere. So what if he is aloof! We just had warm hearted and players coach Herm Edwards. And look at where that got us. If Waters wants a hug, tell him to go look for another Cards player. Its aparent that they can hold each other.

Three7s
02-27-2009, 03:37 AM
Haley and Pioli just sent a message, something that we haven't had for years. It's about time we get a GM and HC in here who mean serious business. Players coaches fail most of the time.

DT14PRIEST
02-27-2009, 03:54 AM
If any of this is true Pioli (and Haley to a degree) have just shown the rest of the franchise that this isn't a family buisness where everyone is content with being terrible and we all just want to be friends from top to bottom with everyone else anymore. If you're a Chief in this new regime it doesn't matter if you're the NFL player of the year runner up or a pro bowl player, you're still a player and you're under contract and you're now expected to produce results (i.e. win games).

That's it...thats all you have to do as a player.

I find it rather disconcerting that Brian Waters had the audacity to just stroll into the front office unannounced (presumably) and ask for a meeting with the Head Coach and the GM to talk about the teams future less then 24 hours before the opening of Free Agency. I respect Brian Waters, he's a great guy and has done much to earn the respect and loyalty of Chiefs fan everywhere and the people of the greater KC area but where does he (or any other player) come off thinking that his opinon on the matter has any relevance to the direction of the Chiefs Franchise?

He's a contract player. He makes millions of dollars. The Chiefs were 2-14. They were awful and it pained me (as well as others across the nation) to watch them let alone drive to Arrowhead (it pains me to say that after all these years). Yea some of it was Carl/Herm Edward and Co. fault but the blame also falls on them as players as well.

Lets be frank here. If you're an employee for Joe Schmo business do you really think that you have any business walking into your Boss's office without an appointment to talk about the future if your sales were down for the past two years? Not really.

These high dollar veteran players really need to learn that they are a commodity to a franchise and not necessarily a necessity and Pioli/Haley are proving this. You may be a veteran player but at the end of the day you're paid to play and "play to win the game!" (guess who!) not to run an orginization.

Of course my opinion on this would change if this was like a Tom Brady and he'd lead my team to 4 Superbowls and 3 victories and he was dissapointed in the coaching staff or something like that...but thats an entirely different can of worms that the Chiefs haven't had to deal with.

yashi
02-27-2009, 08:05 AM
Regardless.. it is kind of upsetting that Pioli couldn't give a 10 minute meeting to one of his best players.

My guess? Waters had flown to KC to ask to be traded or released in the first place, and Pioli knew that's what he was doing.

The players should have known Pioli and Haley were *******s. They did work with Belichick, after all. :)

chiefnut
02-27-2009, 08:34 AM
Waters was quiet during that disgrace of a season last year trying to do his job. i don't think he planned on asking to be traded when he flew to KC. he probably did just want to here what their plan was for him and the team. if they were not ready to tell him they should at least have met w/him and told him the standard platitudes ie..."we are going to be moving forward", "this is a brand new beginning", "last year is behind us"...etc
the orginization owes Waters at least 10 min's of their time. i am extremely concerned that they just blew him off, coupled w/the comments of the card's players we could be in for a rough ride. Waters is not going anywhere, he is still under contract and they have no intention of trading him. so we will have three disgruntled probowlers on the team who will stay that way until we start winning.

Drunker Hillbilly
02-27-2009, 08:45 AM
NOBODY and I mean NOBODY has the right to ask to be traded because of what these guys are doing!!!!!!! They are running things the way they need to be ran. PUT UP OR SHUT UP!!!! This isn't a fricken daycare center it's a football team where guys are making more money than most business'! Waters doesn't want to play? SIT HIS A$$!!!! You won 2 games last year!! You haven't earned the right to ask for a trade. Man of the year....YES. FOOTBALL player of the year.........HAAAA HAAAAAAA!!! Shut up and play!!!!!

chiefnut
02-27-2009, 09:02 AM
NOBODY and I mean NOBODY has the right to ask to be traded because of what these guys are doing!!!!!!! They are running things the way they need to be ran. PUT UP OR SHUT UP!!!! This isn't a fricken daycare center it's a football team where guys are making more money than most business'! Waters doesn't want to play? SIT HIS A$$!!!! You won 2 games last year!! You haven't earned the right to ask for a trade. Man of the year....YES. FOOTBALL player of the year.........HAAAA HAAAAAAA!!! Shut up and play!!!!!

actually everyone has the right to ask to be traded, its like asking for a transfer at work, does not mean its gonna happen. if you are the senior employee with a glowing record at a company and all of a sudden all your management is changed, it is not unreasonable to go to your new boss to see what changes are in store and how it will affect your job. the response of "this companies profits sucked last year, i could get a bunch of homeless in here to do the same, now get out and don't bother me" would pi$$ you off too. add to that at a convention earlier star employees who worked for your new boss at his former job told you he is an s.o.b., i'm sure your knee jerk reaction would be, "get me outa here"!!!

Ldub
02-27-2009, 09:34 AM
People like Brian Waters, Tony Gonzalez, and even Larry Johnson (to a point) are used to coaches blowing sunshine up there @sses. Dick Vermeil could pull it off because people wanted to win for him, But it didnt do Herm Edwards any favors. Thats pretty much all these guys know.
Well THIS is how most teams run things, its hard nosed and it may seem mean, but these guys won 2 games last year. I love Brian, but hes getting paided millions of dollars to play a game. Man up and stop crying because you got your feelings hurt.
It does the team NO favors to have this sh!t in the news every week. STFU AND PLAY FOOTBALL!

Bigmoe
02-27-2009, 09:38 AM
Hmmmm.. A little glimpse behind the curtain.
I guess it all wont matter as long as the Chiefs win.

jmlamerson
02-27-2009, 09:49 AM
Haley and Pioli just sent a message, something that we haven't had for years. It's about time we get a GM and HC in here who mean serious business. Players coaches fail most of the time.

Yep.

This is just like the Bill Parcells/Jason Taylor fight last year on the Dolphins. The new GM and coach are sending a message that no one is safe.

Bike
02-27-2009, 09:59 AM
Regardless.. it is kind of upsetting that Pioli couldn't give a 10 minute meeting to one of his best players.

My guess? Waters had flown to KC to ask to be traded or released in the first place, and Pioli knew that's what he was doing.

The players should have known Pioli and Haley were *******s. They did work with Belichick, after all. :)
Couldn't agree more. Players get paid millions of dollars to play and win football games. Waters shoulduv stayed home till ota's and let his agent deal with contract matters if in fact he had his mind made up to leave...

honda522
02-27-2009, 10:24 AM
Well there is one thing, he is worth a second rounder. But if we lose him, we are ROYALLY F*UCKED.

I don't believe the papers tho, remember Gonzalez didn't say things the way they came out.

Plus if this is true, why are we hearing about it 2 months after Haleys hiring?

dbolan
02-27-2009, 10:29 AM
Remember...The Patriots way makes winners. There are plenty of players that want to be a Super Bowl Champ and are willing to work hard and/or eat some humble pie after years of being over paid to get it.

Someone said something about all of the star players NE has released and look at their record last year. They had a damn high school QB and had a better record than MOST teams in the NFL. It was a tough division that kept them from being in the play-offs.

I agree with another poster that many of these guys have been pampered too long and not only do they need to take the diapers off, they need to get off the tit and man-up.

ktmrider
02-27-2009, 11:43 AM
I seem to remember Pioli saying something to the fact that no one player is above the team, I think that we have just witnessed this philosiphy. If Pioli and Haley needed Brians input, I'm sure they would ask for it. The days of these players being coddled and the team being a democratic society are over. I am also wandering how much of this is being blown out of proportion. Remember, we have heard only one side of this second hand story (don't know how much stock I put into J.W. as a reporter, afterall he is a columnist).

chiefnut
02-27-2009, 12:22 PM
I think everyone is over reacting, including Waters. if the CHIEFS improve considerably all will be forgiven and forgotten, if not there will be a clammering to replace our new mgmt.

Sn@keIze
02-27-2009, 01:35 PM
If Waters wants to be able to talk to Pioli, then dammit, he should be able too.

Its not just about $$. Waters wants to win, therefore, he wants to get on teh same page. But Pioli said they have nothing to talk about? WTF?!

How would any of you who have been a part of this forum for some time(or even noobies) feel if you Post Something you think is important, but the Coach or head mods erase it and say "you have nothing important to say."or "we have nothing to talk about".

You would feel spit in teh face and try to go another forum.

Im taking Pioli down a notch if this is true...not impressed!

SDChief09
02-27-2009, 02:02 PM
Honestly, I think everyone here is going way over the top...

Do you know Waters? do you know the situation?

No...no one knows what REALLY happened, but if Pioli doesnt want to take a meeting with a 32 year old guard who is under contract in a time when hes busy figuring out our roster and who to go out and get?

Please...

jmlamerson
02-27-2009, 02:04 PM
If Waters wants to be able to talk to Pioli, then dammit, he should be able too.

Its not just about $$. Waters wants to win, therefore, he wants to get on teh same page. But Pioli said they have nothing to talk about? WTF?!

How would any of you who have been a part of this forum for some time(or even noobies) feel if you Post Something you think is important, but the Coach or head mods erase it and say "you have nothing important to say."or "we have nothing to talk about".

Im taking Pioli down a notch if this is true...not impressed!

Waters wanted to talk unannounced at the beginning of free agency began after being the veteran presence on a 2-14 team. What competent GM or HC would talk to him right now?

I like Waters. He's a good guy and a good player. But he's a 32-year-old LG that hasn't ever won anything. He has two years left on his contract and isn't talking about renegotiation. Pioli and Haley would have been out of their minds to waste their time with Waters right now.

And as much as I like Waters, yeah, 22 guys off the street could have taken us to 2-14 last year.

brish
02-27-2009, 02:04 PM

Worst comparison ever.. :sign0098:

This is a discussion board, we discuss. Chiefs is a football organization, they play football.

I'd hoped to hear positive things come out of KC, but I still have confidence in Pioli and Haley. It's about time things got a little tougher in that organization..

N TX Dave
02-27-2009, 02:43 PM
As someone once said to us fans "Get over it". It is time someone held these millionaires accountable for their product.

If your company put out a product like the Chiefs did last year it would probably be one of the companies looking for bailout money from the government.

jason1981
02-27-2009, 02:57 PM
if this is all true i wouldn't blame waters one bit for requesting a trade. that is just total disrespect. What Haley said maybe true about any 22 players could have won 2 games, However that wasn't what you tell one of few respected members of the team and community. was not tactful at all. Poili should have atleast just listen to what he had to say. Atleast he cares about winning and is willing to come in and talk.

jmlamerson
02-27-2009, 03:01 PM
if this is all true i wouldn't blame waters one bit for requesting a trade. that is just total disrespect. What Haley said maybe true about any 22 players could have won 2 games, However that wasn't what you tell one of few respected members of the team and community. was not tactful at all. Poili should have atleast just listen to what he had to say. Atleast he cares about winning and is willing to come in and talk.

Do you want Pioli to focus on FA and the draft, or placating his 32-year-old OG? Because you can't have both.

Sn@keIze
02-27-2009, 03:01 PM
Worst comparison ever.. :sign0098:

This is a discussion board, we discuss. Chiefs is a football organization, they play football.

I'd hoped to hear positive things come out of KC, but I still have confidence in Pioli and Haley. It's about time things got a little tougher in that organization..

:iamwithstupid:
Your opinion means piss to me or anyone else on this forum. Sorry...Denied...

You have nothing to say...and we have nothing to talk about...

I was trying to make a point. Forum or Prof. athelete or not. If a leader feels he has something to say, Pioli should at least give him 10 min.

jason1981
02-27-2009, 03:13 PM
taking 5 minutes of your time is not going to hurt anything

honda522
02-27-2009, 03:16 PM
taking 5 minutes of your time is not going to hurt anything
Kinda off topic, but people do it often. Do you really live in Hawaii?

Bike
02-27-2009, 03:22 PM
I don't think Pioli or Haley give a sh!t about ANY player on this 2-14 team. They are not there to cater to or have sunday afternoon socials with any of these guys. They are here to build a team to win the Superbowl. I think when you have a record as bad as ours the last couple years, everybody becomes both equal and dispensible...Sounds ugly, but hey. Do your talkin' on the field.

jmlamerson
02-27-2009, 03:25 PM
I don't think Pioli or Haley give a sh!t about ANY player on this 2-14 team. They are not there to cater to or have sunday afternoon socials with any of these guys. They are here to build a team to win the Superbowl. I think when you have a record as bad as ours the last couple years, everybody becomes both equal and dispensible...Sounds ugly, but hey. Do your talkin' on the field.

Agreed. And everyone b!tching now will be right back on the bandwagon when we start winning games.

Sn@keIze
02-27-2009, 03:51 PM
I don't think Pioli or Haley give a sh!t about ANY player on this 2-14 team. They are not there to cater to or have sunday afternoon socials with any of these guys. They are here to build a team to win the Superbowl. I think when you have a record as bad as ours the last couple years, everybody becomes both equal and dispensible...Sounds ugly, but hey. Do your talkin' on the field.True, but you keep your strengths and ditch the weakness. Waters is a strentgh we need to keep happy. Waters does his talkin on the field, which is why he deserves his say...

Equal and Dispensible? Gonzalez and Waters are no equal to a Mcintosh and Croyle.

jmlamerson
02-27-2009, 04:02 PM
True, but you keep your strengths and ditch the weakness. Waters is a strentgh we need to keep happy. Waters does his talkin on the field, which is why he deserves his say...

Equal and Dispensible? Gonzalez and Waters are no equal to a Mcintosh and Croyle.

Think about this way. If Waters and Gonzales weren't on our team last year, the worst possible result would have been a two-game swing. They are nice pieces of the puzzle - but they are obviously replaceable.

Drunker Hillbilly
02-27-2009, 04:28 PM
actually everyone has the right to ask to be traded, its like asking for a transfer at work, does not mean its gonna happen. if you are the senior employee with a glowing record at a company and all of a sudden all your management is changed, it is not unreasonable to go to your new boss to see what changes are in store and how it will affect your job. the response of "this companies profits sucked last year, i could get a bunch of homeless in here to do the same, now get out and don't bother me" would pi$$ you off too. add to that at a convention earlier star employees who worked for your new boss at his former job told you he is an s.o.b., i'm sure your knee jerk reaction would be, "get me outa here"!!!
I didn't sign a contract at my job nor do most regular people therefore I would have the option of just quitting! While he has that option as well, he should man up, shut his mouth and play out the contract that he willingly signed!!

m0ef0e
02-27-2009, 04:36 PM
The top 3 players on our roster (ok, not so sure about LJ) have already displayed discontent. With all the secrecy lately the fans are starving for info. It's really frustrating that the only damn thing we see is negative press from our team 'leaders'. I'm actually getting pissed off about next season already and we haven't even made it to the draft yet! The Chiefs Kingdom needs hope. The organization needs to throw the fans a bone. All we want is to be able to at least believe in our team. All these overpaid @$$holes are making that no easy task.

Seek
02-27-2009, 05:28 PM
Waters was quiet during that disgrace of a season last year trying to do his job. i don't think he planned on asking to be traded when he flew to KC. he probably did just want to here what their plan was for him and the team. if they were not ready to tell him they should at least have met w/him and told him the standard platitudes ie..."we are going to be moving forward", "this is a brand new beginning", "last year is behind us"...etc
the orginization owes Waters at least 10 min's of their time. i am extremely concerned that they just blew him off, coupled w/the comments of the card's players we could be in for a rough ride. Waters is not going anywhere, he is still under contract and they have no intention of trading him. so we will have three disgruntled probowlers on the team who will stay that way until we start winning.

Waters was never quiet. He was constantly on the radio after every game making excuses for Herm.

Screw Brian. This is a business. Brian went to the head fo the business asking for a meeting, the Head of the company said. You are under contract there is not need for a discussion, you are not going anywhere and I won't even discuss it.

Then he went to the coach, complaining. So the Coach let him have it. They mean business.... take your crying ace home. Trade his butt... He hasn't been worth all the credit he gets since Roaf retired.

marloweopatchiefs
02-27-2009, 05:38 PM
well i am kinda torn here. As in the thread i started a long time ago about hayley being a hard ***. I told everyone he wouldn't put up with any of theplayers crap. And if they didn't like it they wouldn't be playing with kc. But the reason i'm torn is becasue i like waters alot BUT...it's pioli and hayley's team now not softbelly edwards team anymore. If players dont' wanna be here no point in keeping them around.

Sn@keIze
02-27-2009, 05:40 PM
Waters was never quiet. He was constantly on the radio after every game making excuses for Herm.

Screw Brian. This is a business. Brian went to the head like a man fo the business asking for a meeting, the Head of the company said. You are under contract there is not need for a discussion, yes there is, because Brian asked for it you are not going anywhere and I won't even discuss it.

Then he went to the coach, complaining. So the Coach let him have it. They mean business.... take your crying ace home. Trade his butt... He hasn't been worth all the credit he gets since Roaf retired.That is sooooo lame Seek. Brian, in dark times, still has sweat blood for us. And to think that Waters who has been here for how many years, givin us pro bowls, doesnt deserve 10 min with two people who havent even been here two months?!!!!

warcrychief
02-27-2009, 05:47 PM
If you ask me, Waters was asking for it. He knew ahead of time that Haley was aloof. So what does he do? waits for the most busy time in the year for the coachs time, and sets off what he knew what was coming. kinda sad if you ask me. lame way to want out of your contract.

jmlamerson
02-27-2009, 05:56 PM
That is sooooo lame Seek. Brian, in dark times, still has sweat blood for us. And to think that Waters who has been here for how many years, givin us pro bowls, doesnt deserve 10 min with two people who havent even been here two months?!!!!

Given us pro bowls?! Is that the best you have?!

Waters has been a good-to-great OG for the past ten years. The Chiefs have never won anything with him. His best years are behind him. Our new GM/HC are now more important to building a winner than he is.

Sn@keIze
02-27-2009, 05:56 PM
If you ask me, Waters was asking for it. He knew ahead of time that Haley was aloof. So what does he do? waits for the most busy time in the year for the coachs time, and sets off what he knew what was coming. kinda sad if you ask me. lame way to want out of your contract.
Waters was asking for a short meeting, just a second.

You telling me he hasnt earned that?

When is he suppose to talk? During Draft? During Training Camp?

How bout Now?!!

Why the Hell is everybody like " He shouldnt talk to Pioli such a busy time"? It should be the other way around..we are glad we got Pioli because he puts forth the effort to make sure our play makers are happy! But no, CP said fvck Jared Allen. And Pioli said fvck Waters.

jmlamerson
02-27-2009, 05:57 PM

How bout Now?!!

Why the Hell is everybody like " He shouldnt talk to Pioli such a busy time"? It should be the other way around..we are glad we got Pioli because he puts forth the effort to make sure our play makers are happy! But no, CP said fvck Jared Allen. And Pioli said fvck Waters.

There's more than a little difference between a 26-year-old DE and a 32-year-old OG. Just saying.

Sn@keIze
02-27-2009, 06:00 PM
Given us pro bowls?! Is that the best you have?!

Waters has been a good-to-great OG for the past ten years. The Chiefs have never won anything with him. His best years are behind him. Our new GM/HC are now more important to building a winner than he is.Uhmmm, when someone gives you a pro bowl season I consider that something special.

And yes, you said it yourself, Waters has been a good-to-great OG the past ten years!!!

JM your not listening, I dont care if youre 23 or 32,,My point is, hes earned time to talk...thats it, Pioli should have given it to him.

warcrychief
02-27-2009, 06:06 PM

How bout Now?!!

He was trying to talk to Haley not Pioli. Who is Waters to walk in and say i demand your time? He is busy trying to put a coaching staff and a NFL team together. Chances are Waters will make the team. But when he is told by Arizona players that he is disconnedted with vets, he runs his wideload in and sets himself up to be pushed aside. This is a business, not ill push everything aside for you (even if it was the Hunts on the phone) for you type of business. LAME

jmlamerson
02-27-2009, 06:11 PM
Uhmmm, when someone gives you a pro bowl season I consider that something special.

And yes, you said it yourself, Waters has been a good-to-great OG the past ten years!!!

JM your not listening, I dont care if youre 23 or 32,,My point is, hes earned time to talk...thats it, Pioli should have given it to him.

The NFL is not a small family business. There's no loyalty for winning franchises. The question is what you've done for me this year, this week - not what you did before.

Waters is a guard. He's not in the top ten most important positions on the team. He's earned a paycheck - nothing more, nothing less.

And Pro Bowls are meaningless, except as popularity contests.

Sn@keIze
02-27-2009, 06:18 PM
He was trying to talk to Haley not Pioli.

Who is Waters to walk in and say i demand your time? He is busy trying to put a coaching staff and a NFL team together. Chances are Waters will make the team. But when he is told by Arizona players that he is disconnedted with vets, he runs his wideload in and sets himself up to be pushed aside. This is a business, not ill push everything aside for you (even if it was the Hunts on the phone) for you type of business. LAMEhmmmm, well WarCry, according to the article originally posted in the thread, Waters did try to contack Pioli. Pioli deliberatly turned downd Waters to talk. Saying "we have nothing to talk about." So I invite you to read it again, get your facts straight, then post.

Oh and Waters didnt demand...he asked... your right, who is he to do that...what has he done for this org?....

Sn@keIze
02-27-2009, 06:20 PM
The NFL is not a small family business. There's no loyalty for winning franchises. The question is what you've done for me this year, this week - not what you did before.

Waters is a guard. He's not in the top ten most important positions on the team. He's earned a paycheck - nothing more, nothing less.

And Pro Bowls are meaningless, except as popularity contests.
So youre telling me a good GM cant spare 10 min. for a good player right now?!

warcrychief
02-27-2009, 06:24 PM
hmmmm, well WarCry, according to the article originally posted in the thread, Waters did try to contack Pioli. Pioli deliberatly turned downd Waters to talk. Saying "we have nothing to talk about." So I invite you to read it again, get your facts straight, then post.

Oh and Waters didnt demand...he asked... your right, who is he to do that...what has he done for this org?....

Are you saying that Waters is above the TEAM? Bull. He is not important right now. Yeah he has done great things for this Org. but not enough for the front office to stop the world. dude he is not that great.

Bike
02-27-2009, 06:29 PM
True, but you keep your strengths and ditch the weakness. Waters is a strentgh we need to keep happy. Waters does his talkin on the field, which is why he deserves his say...

Maybe so. And they get paid for their contributions with the contracts they sign. Nothing more. This is a business - not Romper Room.

Sn@keIze
02-27-2009, 06:34 PM
Are you saying that Waters is above the TEAM? Bull. He is not important right now. Yeah he has done great things for this Org. but not enough for the front office to stop the world. dude he is not that great.NO im not saying hes above the team. I never alluded to that or anything.

Asking for a quick min is not saying youre above the team.

I dont care if it Tony Gonzalez is asking for a quick word with Pioli or if its Niswanger or Croyle.

Waters knows more bout the way offseason works more than we do. he knows when GM are busy, and they are busy. But give the guy the time of day for christ sake. Dont spit in his face saying you have nothing to say to him when he has something he wants to communicate with you on. Just wants to geton the same page.

Bike
02-27-2009, 06:44 PM
NO im not saying hes above the team. I never alluded to that or anything.

Asking for a quick min is not saying youre above the team.

I dont care if it Tony Gonzalez is asking for a quick word with Pioli or if its Niswanger or Croyle.

Waters knows more bout the way offseason works more than we do. he knows when GM are busy, and they are busy. But give the guy the time of day for christ sake. Dont spit in his face saying you have nothing to say to him when he has something he wants to communicate with you on. Just wants to geton the same page.
What about the other 56 players? Should Pioli/Haley maybe put everything on hold for - say 3 days - and have one-on-ones with everybody?
Or should they try to build a football team that won 2 games last year?
No offense snake. I just think Waters was out of line coming in unnounced demanding a meeting with Pioli...

Coach
02-27-2009, 08:09 PM
he should man up, shut his mouth and play out the contract that he willingly signed!!

I can understand Brian's feelings getting hurt, but he's a big boy. He should do the following as quickly as possible:
1. Look at his bank statement.
2. Apologize for reacting like LJ would have.
3. Report to camp on time and in shape.

It's called a contract.

Canada
02-27-2009, 08:52 PM
This would be an interesting thread if anyone actually knew exactly how it went down but I have heard Waters asked for a meeting. I have heard he demanded a meeting. no one knows if Haley told him to F off or if he said now is not a good time. Everyone is arguing about sepculation on what might have been said. At the end of the day , if u have a contract, shut up and play. No matter who you are.

hometeam
02-27-2009, 08:57 PM
I will just say this.

I am a salesman at a car dealership. I have alot to do with how much money the dealership makes. In that way, I am a "player" in my own way. if i went to the owner of the dealership, or the general manger (who i am comparing as pioli/haley) and said hey i want to talk to you about what direction the business is goin gin, they would tell me the same thing. None of my business, get back to work. :/

chiefnut
02-27-2009, 08:58 PM
try to HONESTLY think what your reaction would be if it was Tony G instead of Waters and Carl P instead of Pioli. and be honest w/yourself, i'm sure most if not all would be cursing peterson as being the bad guy and crucifying him unmercyfully, heyna or no?? and please no excuses "that it would be different"

Bike
02-27-2009, 09:11 PM
try to HONESTLY think what your reaction would be if it was Tony G instead of Waters and Carl P instead of Pioli. and be honest w/yourself, i'm sure most if not all would be cursing peterson as being the bad guy and crucifying him unmercyfully, heyna or no?? and please no excuses "that it would be different"
I probably would be cursing Peterson. But then again, I was always cursing Peterson.
Pioli has a couple rings. He knows what he's doing...

Barnett89
02-27-2009, 09:18 PM
If Scott Pioli is here for 20 years and wins nothing and we are in the middle of our worst season ever, then i'll probably start cursing him a bit more also.

Bike
02-27-2009, 09:23 PM
If Scott Pioli is here for 20 years and wins nothing and we are in the middle of our worst season ever, then i'll probably start cursing him a bit more also.
You got that right! But I don't see it. Pioli knows how to win. Thats why he's here.

Barnett89
02-27-2009, 09:31 PM
You got that right! But I don't see it. Pioli knows how to win. Thats why he's here.

let's hope so

brain1081
02-27-2009, 11:39 PM
I hate to be like this but after everything that's happened today (I might change my mind depending on what they gave up for Vrabel, but right now this trade is unimpressive at best), nobody that has come from New England has done squat. I think that it might be time to start thinking that there was a real collection of people perfect for the job they had there and that led to the success. I hope I regret saying this but Pioli has not made any moves that make me think this franchise is going to be a long time contender....of course they have yet to play a single game under his watch so I guess I could be wrong :)

Coach
02-27-2009, 11:55 PM
I hate to be like this but after everything that's happened today (I might change my mind depending on what they gave up for Vrabel, but right now this trade is unimpressive at best), nobody that has come from New England has done squat. I think that it might be time to start thinking that there was a real collection of people perfect for the job they had there and that led to the success. I hope I regret saying this but Pioli has not made any moves that make me think this franchise is going to be a long time contender....of course they have yet to play a single game under his watch so I guess I could be wrong :)

Pioli has been GM for 15 minutes and you are already jumping off the bandwagon. The team is moving to a 3-4 defense and needs someone that has played at least one snap of it. I can understand the logic of a Vrabel trade. I just hope we didn't give up to much for it.

AkChief49
02-27-2009, 11:58 PM
Pioli has been GM for 15 minutes and you are already jumping off the bandwagon. The team is moving to a 3-4 defense and needs someone that has played at least one snap of it. I can understand the logic of a Vrabel trade. I just hope we didn't give up to much for it.
why is this such a secret? I (too) hope it is nothing higher than a 4th. The info stream has certainly dried up.

DT14PRIEST
02-27-2009, 11:59 PM
why is this such a secret? I (too) hope it is nothing higher than a 4th. The info stream has certainly dried up.

It could be a leverage type of deal to see how the market is responding to the deal as a whole.

DT14PRIEST
02-28-2009, 12:04 AM

I posted this earlier but Free Agency thus far for the Kansas City Chiefs has played out exactly as Clark Hunt said it would play out for us. Hunt said they (the Chiefs) were not going to do anything drastic on the opening day of Free Agency. SO while many fans had stars in their eyes dreaming of Ray Lewis, Bart Scott, Albert Haynesworth, Jon Vilma, Julius Peppers etc, all wearing Red and Gold the truth of the matter is that it was all wishful thinking.

Hunt outlined the plan for the Chiefs in Free Agency as clear as he could without devulging to much information. Chiefs would play the chess match of Free Agency, using their leverage in cap space on the second wave of free agency to sign multiple guys to fill out the roster rather then blowing the bank on a couple of big name players. Like it or not the Chiefs have more holes to fill then their are star players to sign. While the prospect of bringing in a celebrity to KC has some people going ga-ga the reality is if you want to build a winner you have to play the market smart.

So for now we have to wait...as frustrating as it is to not be in the loop its how things are going to be from now on.

Chiefster
02-28-2009, 12:05 AM
I really like Waters, wished he didn't feel that way.

brain1081
02-28-2009, 10:29 AM
If Whitlock's story isn't true, then I imagine Waters would have not only "declined to comment publicly" but probably would have said that everything in the story is a complete lie and he wants to stay in KC.

Pro_Angler
02-28-2009, 10:44 AM
Quote:

I don't want to make any snap judgements, but this just seems like one big cluster#$%#. I have SERIOUS doubts about Haley's ability to be an effective HC. He's not bringing in a good staff to surround him and he's already got 2 of the 3 Pro Bowlers on this team asking for a trade. He's cut the other two (Surtain, Edwards). Not that I necessarily disagree with the Surtain, Edwards releases. I'm just saying, it doesn't look like this guy is going to do so well attracting vets or even coaching them.[/quote]

read somne of my past post's I HATE THE HALEY HIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!! I THINK IT WAS STUPID AND RETARDED NOT TO KEEP CHAN AS INTERUM AND SEE NEXT YEAR WHEN THERE ARE ACTUALLY CIOACHES AVAILABLE NOT ONE YEAR WONDER COORDINATORS THAT CAN'T EVEN HOLD A CONVERSATION WITH THE PRESS.

Sn@keIze
02-28-2009, 12:47 PM
I didnt like Haley being considered before he was hired.
Simply because of our defensive woes. And didnt see an offensive guy be the one who fixes the problem.

But Im not going to be so quick to say he or Pioli is bad.

I think this all depends who our DC is and how its run.

This whole thing could be something the Star has something to write about to cause drama and job security while its NFL offseason.

Three7s
02-28-2009, 02:29 PM
Quote:

I don't want to make any snap judgements, but this just seems like one big cluster#$%#. I have SERIOUS doubts about Haley's ability to be an effective HC. He's not bringing in a good staff to surround him and he's already got 2 of the 3 Pro Bowlers on this team asking for a trade. He's cut the other two (Surtain, Edwards). Not that I necessarily disagree with the Surtain, Edwards releases. I'm just saying, it doesn't look like this guy is going to do so well attracting vets or even coaching them.

read somne of my past post's I HATE THE HALEY HIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!! I THINK IT WAS STUPID AND RETARDED NOT TO KEEP CHAN AS INTERUM AND SEE NEXT YEAR WHEN THERE ARE ACTUALLY CIOACHES AVAILABLE NOT ONE YEAR WONDER COORDINATORS THAT CAN'T EVEN HOLD A CONVERSATION WITH THE PRESS.[/quote]
Does caps lock help prove a point? Boo hoo.