PDA

View Full Version : Bart Scott Agrees to Terms with Jets

yashi
02-27-2009, 09:26 AM
Not sure what Pioli is doing lately, but it doesn't seem to be meeting with players we need.

The National Football Post | Breaking: Scott Signs With Jets (http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/2009/02/breaking-scott-signs-with-jets/)

Sn@keIze
02-27-2009, 01:43 PM
Dangit! I thought they would only be in the "meeting" phase.

What happened to players shoppin around?

Where are teh Jets gettin the doe?

Bart may have gotten more here...

jmlamerson
02-27-2009, 02:06 PM
Not sure what Pioli is doing lately, but it doesn't seem to be meeting with players we need.

The National Football Post | Breaking: Scott Signs With Jets (http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/2009/02/breaking-scott-signs-with-jets/)

Maybe he and you disagree as to whom we need.

Codac
02-27-2009, 02:52 PM

Everyone needs a Bart Scott. You honestly thought Pioli would even think about him? We aren't getting any big name guys.

And no Scott wouldn't have gotten more here. We aren't proven winners yet. At NY he gets a slightly better chance to win and the money.

honda522
02-27-2009, 02:53 PM
Free agency will soon run dry. :|

Codac
02-27-2009, 02:54 PM
The free agency has been dry since all the Franchise tags.

DT14PRIEST
02-27-2009, 03:02 PM
Everyone needs a Bart Scott. You honestly thought Pioli would even think about him? We aren't getting any big name guys.

And no Scott wouldn't have gotten more here. We aren't proven winners yet. At NY he gets a slightly better chance to win and the money.

That and Rex Ryan was his DC last year so more leverage for the Jets to get Baltimore FA's

Codac
02-27-2009, 03:03 PM
That and Rex Ryan was his DC last year so more leverage for the Jets to get Baltimore FA's

Not just Baltimore but any good defensive player. Everyone wants to play for a genius DC like Rex.

Bike
02-27-2009, 03:37 PM

I don't think aquiring big name guys is Piolis' style. He would rather find guys that he can develop into big name guys.

yashi
02-27-2009, 03:38 PM
I don't think aquiring big name guys is Piolis' style. He would rather find guys that he can develop into big name guys.
well, he did sign Adalius Thomas and Rodney Harrison.

Bike
02-27-2009, 03:42 PM
well, he did sign Adalius Thomas and Rodney Harrison.
I was just stating his overall philosophy as I see it. I'm sure if the situation and player was right, he would go after the guy..:bananen_smilies046:

Sn@keIze
02-27-2009, 03:57 PM
I don't think aquiring big name guys is Piolis' style. He would rather find guys that he can develop into big name guys.That is so true.

Thats how he built his 1st two SB teams. No big names.

And when someone got too big, like Deion Branch, hed trade him and get two more players or younger players.

Codac
02-27-2009, 04:01 PM

You don't need superstars to win. You need good players, in the right environment. The few big name guys he has signed in the past like Randy Moss, fit. He didn't sign them because they were good. Thats Pioli's style, and thats why his team won.

NWA Chief
02-27-2009, 04:26 PM
Its the first day of the free agency....we do have a lot of money under the cap, but that doesn't mean we need to spend it all in the first day. We didn't get Haynesworth or Bart Scott. Big deal, I mean we are going to get some players but don't think the best players are asking KC to offer them money. We just won 2 games last year so it's going to be hard to sell right now. In due time we will find some guys that want to come here and I think Pioli will get some guys that can help us out. I think Vrable will help our case in signing new defensive players. I hope noone on here says Vrable is too old and overpaid because that guy gets it done.

KristofLaw
02-27-2009, 10:40 PM
You don't need superstars to win. You need good players, in the right environment. The few big name guys he has signed in the past like Randy Moss, fit. He didn't sign them because they were good. Thats Pioli's style, and thats why his team won.
Exactly, and I'd be hard pressed to say Bart Scott is a superstar. The guy the Ravens need to concentrate on is the guy they are.. Ray Lewis.

I have my own opinions about him but he does win and bring leadership.

Good ups on the Jets for doing the losing thing yet again.