PDA

View Full Version : give us thigpen...

pantherfan
02-28-2009, 03:03 PM
as a panther fan i must say i like tyler thigpen we would not mind haveing him on are team...so spread the word the carolina panthers want tyler thigpen..

and good luck next year KC

bigpoppachief
02-28-2009, 03:06 PM
Thanks and we would love to for thigpen and Lj for Williams or stweart :D

Chief Tyler
as a panther fan i must say i like tyler thigpen we would not mind haveing him on are team...so spread the word the carolina panthers want tyler thigpen..

Give us Jordan Gross!

theaxeeffect4311

What are you willing to trade for him?

pantherfan
02-28-2009, 03:16 PM
What are you willing to trade for him?
astar DE that wants out of here.thigpen plus some draft picks and you can have jp

Coach
02-28-2009, 03:26 PM
If we pull off a Thigpen/Peppers trade then I would be doing backflips.

windwalker
02-28-2009, 03:27 PM
Wish the Bears would trade for Thigpen...

pantherfan
02-28-2009, 03:41 PM
or if KC is going to a 3-4 what are you going to do with dorsey i dont see him fiting in a 3-4 and we need a QB and DT...here in carolina

Coach
02-28-2009, 03:42 PM
or if KC is going to a 3-4 what are you going to do with dorsey i dont see him fiting in a 3-4 and we need a QB and DT...here in carolina

Dorsey for Peppers in a heartbeat. Dorsey/Thigpen for Peppers...not so fast. Although I think it could make sense.

jmlamerson
02-28-2009, 04:01 PM

We can't trade Dorsey. The cap hit would kill us. We'll give you Tank and Thigpen for Peppers.

Coach
02-28-2009, 04:03 PM
No way would I give up Dorsey for Peppers, we need a run stuffer and if we get a DE that can rush the QB, it makes Dorsey's job easier which is one of the reasons why he had a poor year in his rook year. We have nobody that can rush on our line other than Dorsey but if we add that DE , it gives him help and less men in his face. Thigpen for Peppers, maybe a late draft pick but I like it straight up personally.

The problem is finding a place for Dorsey in a 3-4.

jmlamerson
02-28-2009, 04:07 PM
The problem is finding a place for Dorsey in a 3-4.

I think he'll be tried at DE and in a DT rotation. My gut says we keep him for 2009 and 2010 simply because it's too expensive to get rid of him.

yashi
02-28-2009, 04:17 PM
Dorsey will play DE and shift to DT on passing downs... he certainly has a place in a 3-4. Peppers on the other hand should go nowhere near a 3-4 if he has any sense.

jmlamerson
02-28-2009, 04:21 PM
He is a natural DT so put him in the middle of the line as the DT. With a good rushing DE that can get penitration around the LT, all OL will need to compensate and that will leave Dorsey in the middle to ram up the gut. That also works the other way, if he is getting too much penitration in the middle teams will double team him and the DE can get in there for the sack. If our LB's are upgraded like I hope with DJ, Vrabel and Curry as well as maybe going after Brooks from Tampa who is currently a FA we could have one of the best LB crews in the league. We certainly have the cap room for it. Our Defense could shape up to be better than we thnk it could be. Some of this is speculation but hey we know what we have lets only hope LOL.

Well, a NT in a 3-4 doesn't really need to get to the passer. We need a space eating guy who can collapse a pocket and draw double teams. Dorsey really isn't that. He needs a 4-3 system in which he can be lines up in the gap. Not to mention that he's smaller than most 3-4 DEs, much less NTs.

Codac
02-28-2009, 05:56 PM
Dorsey, Glenn (http://www.kcchiefs.com/player/glenn_dorsey/) DT 6-1 297 08/01/85 2 LSUI think he is plenty big enough and he can always put more bulk on. He needs to have a D Coach that will take the time to work with him and develop him into a NFL calibur DT-NT. I am not argueing your point, I just wouldn't try to convert him into something he didn't do at any level in the game. Let him do what he is meant to be and aquire the things we need.

Not even. I don't think you know what your talking about. He needs about 30 more pounds to be a 3-4. Not to mention a wee bit short.

jmlamerson
02-28-2009, 05:59 PM
Not even. I don't think you know what your talking about. He needs about 30 more pounds to be a 3-4. Not to mention a wee bit short.

Dorsey's 6'1" in high heels. He wasn't measured at the combine, remember.

KU4LIFE
02-28-2009, 06:15 PM
Like mentioned, I think Dorsey is going to be tried at DE first and foremost. I think with his burst, he might turn into a pretty nasty 3-4 DE. Guys like Canty and Oshansky are literally Dorsey's size already and Dorsey has the motor to get pressure on the QB from the outside imho.

jmlamerson
02-28-2009, 06:18 PM
We all know that a NFL player isn't just measured by how big you are in a physical measure but how big the heart is. Dorsey has alot of heart IMO and with the right coaching behind him I think he can do it. It wouldn't hurt to have another DT to have on the roster to come in every now and then to give him a breather, I never said he would do it on every down I just said I think he can do the job.

No, you can measure a NFL player by his size. There will never be a 160 lb. LB, no matter how much heart he has.

Dorsey has potential as a 4-3 DT. But he isn't strong enough or big enough to be a 3-4 NT. He may work as a DE, and we should try him as such.

DT14PRIEST
02-28-2009, 06:26 PM
I won't knock his height so much as his weight. Dorsey is a bantam weight when it comes to playing inside on the 3-4 at NT. I think he tipped the scales at 297? On average the starting NT in the NFL last year was 325. Unless he starts pounding away at the table he'll never be an effective NT.

KristofLaw
02-28-2009, 06:38 PM
No, you can measure a NFL player by his size. There will never be a 160 lb. LB, no matter how much heart he has.

Dorsey has potential as a 4-3 DT. But he isn't strong enough or big enough to be a 3-4 NT. He may work as a DE, and we should try him as such.
:funnypost: That cracks me up. :lol:

Chief Tyler
02-28-2009, 08:18 PM
I think the only real measure of an NFL player is the size of his contract. Just ask Haynesworth and Dan Snyder. You're never going to see a guy unlike Haynesworth make $100 million in 7 years, no matter how much heart he has....

:fatlock:

honda522
02-28-2009, 08:52 PM
Good luck with that, there is going to be a Qb competition this year.

jmlamerson
02-28-2009, 08:58 PM
Good luck with that, there is going to be a Qb competition this year.

Um, no, there won't.

EVERYONE.

I know that many of us believe that Thigpen played well enough to merit consideration for the starting job in 2009. I understand and appreciate this view.

But it ain't happening.

We traded a 2nd rounder for Cassel and will sign him to a long, expensive extension soon. He is our starter. Thigpen is our backup or he'll be traded.

If you think otherwise, you want things to be one way, when they're another.

Coach
02-28-2009, 08:59 PM
He is a natural DT so put him in the middle of the line as the DT. With a good rushing DE that can get penitration around the LT, all OL will need to compensate and that will leave Dorsey in the middle to ram up the gut. That also works the other way, if he is getting too much penitration in the middle teams will double team him and the DE can get in there for the sack. If our LB's are upgraded like I hope with DJ, Vrabel and Curry as well as maybe going after Brooks from Tampa who is currently a FA we could have one of the best LB crews in the league. We certainly have the cap room for it. Our Defense could shape up to be better than we thnk it could be. Some of this is speculation but hey we know what we have lets only hope LOL.

Don't forget that other teams also can call running plays. And when they do, Dorsey will get eaten alive at NT in a 3-4 scheme. I'm open to the idea of seeing what he can do at DE in a 3-4.

We all know that a NFL player isn't just measured by how big you are in a physical measure but how big the heart is. Dorsey has alot of heart IMO and with the right coaching behind him I think he can do it. It wouldn't hurt to have another DT to have on the roster to come in every now and then to give him a breather, I never said he would do it on every down I just said I think he can do the job.

I'm not ripping on Dorsey. I like him and if we were sticking with a 4-3, then I think he has a bright future. But I think his future is brighter in a 4-3 scheme vs the 3-4. We'll see. I hope he can light it up at DE in a 3-4. That would be ideal.

chief31
02-28-2009, 09:08 PM
Give us Jordan Gross!

BINGO!

Don't forget that other teams also can call running plays. And when they do, Dorsey will get eaten alive at NT in a 3-4 scheme. I'm open to the idea of seeing what he can do at DE in a 3-4.

I'm not ripping on Dorsey. I like him and if we were sticking with a 4-3, then I think he has a bright future. But I think his future is brighter in a 4-3 scheme vs the 3-4. We'll see. I hope he can light it up at DE in a 3-4. That would be ideal.

Agreed. I think he has alot of potential as a 3-4 DE.

I know I will prolly get pounded by everyone applying for a media position here on the forum but I am sticking to my guns about this. Dorsey is a strong young buck and I have confidence in him. Then again , if I am wrong so be it......:bananen_smilies046:

But I also think that he could put on weight and be pretty effective as a NT.

It's kind of a longshot. And likely wouldn't be any good immediately. But I can't rule him out.

DT14PRIEST
02-28-2009, 09:15 PM
I hope he can light it up at DE in a 3-4. That would be ideal.

I seriously hope so, even though my spirits are high right now I'm having a hard time picturing Dorsey as a DE.

I could be wrong, maybe he is a stud in the making.

balto
02-28-2009, 09:22 PM
Dorsey/Thigpen/Hali

FOR

Gross/Peppers

pantherfan
03-01-2009, 09:49 AM
Give us Jordan Gross!
if you want a player like gross you should check out
jamon merdith OT from south carolina he is in the same mold as gross and he had a very good combine

or jarred cook TE from south carolina i want to see him go to a team that he can become something in..his 40 was faster than some WR he will be very good at the next level at 6,5 he ran a 4.5

wubfree
03-01-2009, 11:28 AM
only someone from Carolina (or a fantasy football fanatic) would say "give us Thigpen"! jk.

Pro_Angler
03-01-2009, 09:08 PM
If we pull off a Thigpen/Peppers trade then I would be doing backflips.

Coach we disagree on a lot of things but I must say that wouldn't be bad at all, as much as i love thig.