PDA

View Full Version : Vrabel/Cassel

NEpatriots
02-28-2009, 04:01 PM
Just wanted to say congrats and good luck to your team. I'm sad to see these 2 guys go... and for a 2nd round pick!? That is crazy. The Pats do have 3 2nd round picks as well as their first rounder now, but I was expecting something more in return. Vrabel is one of those legendary Patriots I was lucky enough to watch for 8 seasons. One of the smartest players to ever play the game. And Cassel, he deserves to be a starter. He is NOT a product of the NE system. He knows how to play the game and he learned it from some of the best to ever play it. I look foward to watching him succeed and help turn the KC franchise around. 2 class acts. Good luck to the Chiefs.. unless its against New England, of course ;)

Coach
02-28-2009, 04:02 PM
Thanks and welcome to the site. Class act.

warcrychief
02-28-2009, 04:04 PM
Just wanted to say congrats and good luck to your teams. I'm sad to see these 2 guys go... and for a 2nd round pick!? Crazy. The Pats do have 3 2nd round picks as well as their first rounder now, but I was expecting something more. Vrabel is one of those legendary Patriots I was lucky enough to watch for 8 seasons. One of the smartest players to ever play the game. Amazing. And Cassel, he deserves to be a starter. He is NOT a product of the NE system. The kid knows how to play the game and he learned it from some of the best to ever play it. I look foward to watching him succeed and help turn the KC franchise around. 2 class acts. Good luck to the Chiefs.. unless its against New England, of course!

Thx im sure its going to be an awesome year this year. and Im sure the pats will do awesome with all that cap room and pick. I will so enjoy seeing the Chiefs and Pats going head to head in the up coming years. Hopefully in the playoffs :bananen_smilies046:

KottkeKU
02-28-2009, 04:51 PM
now that we have Cassel, i wonder if we are trying to shop Thigpen....he has pretty good value now after a pretty good season. Lots of teams need QBs now too and theres really only two elite QB prospects in the draft....

Xeticus
02-28-2009, 06:32 PM
Man I'm almost sorry for the Patriots fans after this trade. I think they got rooked badly. But this is great news for the chiefs. Matt Cassel alone was worth the 2nd rounder. GL Chiefs!

Patsfan8362
03-01-2009, 10:17 AM
Congrats on landing Cassel and vrabel Chiefs fans! I wish they both remained Patriots but can't have TFB and King of the Cassel using 20% of our cap. Cassel reminds me a lot of Brady, and he's quicker on the scramble he should be solid for you guys. And Vrabel was my 2nd favorite player behind Bruschi and he's a class act. Good luck to the future years with these players and hopefully see you in the Playoffs!:bananen_smilies046:

yashi
03-01-2009, 10:38 AM
I'm really surprised by the classiness of the Boston fans... you guys get a bad wrap because well, all of your teams dominate. Everyone is just jealous. :)

Patsfan8362
03-01-2009, 10:53 AM
Yeah every team has their fair share of idiots, we're not an exception. When I went to a Pats/Bills game in Buffalo 2 years ago we had fans throwing crap at us and even wanting to fight us as we were leaving it was pretty bad, and apparently they have some of the nicest fans from what I've heard haha. I'm not much of a Baseball fan but I love Football and Hockey and it's been amazing watching the Patriots, and Bruins(#1 in the NHL!!!) this year. I wish I could get descent priced Pats tickets at Gillette though soooo expensive!

honda522
03-01-2009, 11:21 AM
Yeah every team has their fair share of idiots, we're not an exception. When I went to a Pats/Bills game in Buffalo 2 years ago we had fans throwing crap at us and even wanting to fight us as we were leaving it was pretty bad, and apparently they have some of the nicest fans from what I've heard haha. I'm not much of a Baseball fan but I love Football and Hockey and it's been amazing watching the Patriots, and Bruins(#1 in the NHL!!!) this year. I wish I could get descent priced Pats tickets at Gillette though soooo expensive!
Yay, a NE fan with Class!!!! I havn't meet many with class. I met a few who had no class what so ever. It made me feel like their were all the same way. :(

Canada
03-01-2009, 11:39 AM

I live in Niagara Falls and fubbalo is the closest place to watch football. (I only go when it is the Chiefs or one of mu buddies team, just so i can the bills fans why they suck) I have never left that stadium without getting in a fight. I peed on the seat in front of me before I left at the last game I was at in Ralph Wilson. (I made sure no one was sitting back down there.)You should check out a game at Arrowhead!! It is an unforgettable experience. We have a Steelers fan that attends the home opener with us too!! :bananen_smilies046:

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6949&page=14

JMDChiefs58
03-01-2009, 11:43 AM
now that we have Cassel, i wonder if we are trying to shop Thigpen....he has pretty good value now after a pretty good season. Lots of teams need QBs now too and theres really only two elite QB prospects in the draft....

I think getting rid of Thigpen would be a huge mistake. I have high hopes for Cassel but if for some reason he fails, it would be nice to have Thiggy to go to.

Cardinals Krew
03-01-2009, 11:54 AM
Good day from Canada! I am a die hard Cardinals fan. But when you landed Todd Haley, I decided to keep an eye on the Chiefs.

Now you guys land what could be the biggest impact free agents this year. W@W! I am inpressed.

It should be fun to watch the chiefs this year & years to come.

You guys also have a former CFLer (Calgary Stampeder) as a wr, do you not?

Good Luck from a Cards fan.:sign0098:

Pro_Angler
03-01-2009, 09:06 PM

that sounds like every Kc / chargers game i go to in SD..
thanks for your support goodluck this season..

Canada
03-01-2009, 09:11 PM
Good day from Canada! I am a die hard Cardinals fan. But when you landed Todd Haley, I decided to keep an eye on the Chiefs.

Now you guys land what could be the biggest impact free agents this year. W@W! I am inpressed.

It should be fun to watch the chiefs this year & years to come.

You guys also have a former CFLer (Calgary Stampeder) as a wr, do you not?

Good Luck from a Cards fan.:sign0098:

Hey man, welcome to the crowd. I think you are referring to Boerighter (sp?) He is not longer with us. Waht part of Canada u from?:bananen_smilies046:

Mumbly_Joe
03-01-2009, 11:00 PM
Pats fan here

I said the whole year I would root for who ever Matt ended up with, so I guess you win the lottery

so...go...cheifs?

Also, you got my favorite athlete in Vrabel, good luck you guys, hope they bring you the same success they brought us

josh1971
03-02-2009, 01:43 AM
Pats fan here

I said the whole year I would root for who ever Matt ended up with, so I guess you win the lottery

so...go...cheifs?

Also, you got my favorite athlete in Vrabel, good luck you guys, hope they bring you the same success they brought us

Hey, you gotta spell the team name right if you're going to wish us well! :welcome:

JB

Patsfan8362
03-02-2009, 01:47 AM
so...go...cheifs?

He's right, my 5th grade English teacher would always tell me "I before E, except after C" maybe I'll eventually check out a game at Arrowhead that would be fun, I want to get a couple tickets to Gillette again this year but they're getting expensive!

AussieChiefsFan
03-02-2009, 04:12 AM
Pats fan here

so...go...cheifs?

Also, you got my favorite athlete in Vrabel, good luck you guys, hope they bring you the same success they brought uswelcome joe:welcome: :bananen_smilies046:

Canada
03-02-2009, 08:33 AM
Thats cause he's Canadian!! :)

Canada
03-02-2009, 08:52 AM
No , that wasn't why I liked him it was because he could actually catch the ball no matter what the situation. He would be falling down or jumpin through the air and always grab that pig skin ;)

Yeah, but the reason he could do that is cause he came from the CFL!! They throw the ball all the time!! :bananen_smilies046:

Ricky Santos rules!! :D

Canada
03-02-2009, 09:22 AM
Thats true, the ball getting rushed there requires a pound of really mean stanky nuggs and Ricky Williams LMAO!

Ricky Williams broke his vagi...uh I mean arm playing with the Canadians!! Besides, he only came here for the :SmokinBanana:

yashi
03-02-2009, 09:35 AM
Boerigter was a beast in the end zone, whatever happened to that guy?

prough91
03-02-2009, 11:05 AM
Boerigter was a beast in the end zone, whatever happened to that guy?

He was legitimate so King Carl let him go.

Canada
03-02-2009, 12:27 PM
He was legitimate so King Carl let him go.

Its almost like you miss having him around!

prough91
03-02-2009, 12:33 PM
Its almost like you miss having him around!

I do. I liked Boeritger.

Canada
03-02-2009, 12:35 PM
I do. I liked Boeritger.

Me too. :cook:

tornadospotter
03-02-2009, 12:37 PM
I did to!!!!!

tornadospotter
03-02-2009, 01:05 PM
Marc Boerigter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marc_Boerigter)

honda522
03-02-2009, 02:51 PM
Boerigter was AWESOME.

Only WR in Chiefs history to have a 99 yard TD catch.

Chiefster
03-07-2009, 03:09 PM
Thanks and welcome to the site. Class act.

Ditto that! :D

warcrychief
03-07-2009, 06:11 PM
News (http://blogs.nfl.com/category/news/)
Vrabel: ‘I will help the Chiefs’ (http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/03/06/vrabel-i-will-help-the-chiefs/)

Posted: News (http://blogs.nfl.com/category/news/) | NFL.com Staff | Tags: New England Patriots (http://blogs.nfl.com/tag/new-england-patriots/), Kansas City Chiefs (http://blogs.nfl.com/tag/kansas-city-chiefs/), Mike Vrabel (http://blogs.nfl.com/tag/mike-vrabel/)
The trade of veteran LB Mike Vrabel by the Patriots to the Chiefs last week was met by shock and surprise around New England. Vrabel, a team leader and known favorite of coach Bill Belichick in New England was shipped, along with franchise-tagged QB Matt Cassel, to the Chiefs for a second-round pick (http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80efe755&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true) (34th overall) in next month’s draft — compensation that also produced shock and surprise.
The Chiefs have remained very quiet about the details of a deal (http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80f07e50&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true) that several reports questioned as lopsided. On Friday, Vrabel made his first comments as a Chief when he was introduced to the media via a conference call.
Vrabel effectively sidestepped a question asking if he wanted out of New England, saying “the situation is what it is.”
“To be anything but excited wouldn’t be giving the Chiefs, players and the fans the respect that they deserve,” Vrabel continued. “I am playing for the Chiefs. Whoever I was going to be playing for this year, I would give them the same effort.”
Vrabel, who as recently as 2007 was named to the Pro Bowl when he posted a career-high 12.5 sacks, sounded like a veteran who was ready to help a young Chiefs squad that finished 2-14 last season.
“I know that I have got some more football left,” Vrabel said. “I can still play and I can still help the Chiefs and I will help the Chiefs. I have never gone into a season and said, ‘I am going to do this, this and this.’ I will promise you that I will work, I’ll be consistent and, God willing, I will be durable. Those are the things that I like to think that I brought to the table in New England and will bring to the table in Kansas City.”
Vrabel went on to comment on Cassel, his leadership style and the definition of “The Patriot Way.” The Chiefs’ official Web site posted a transcript of the conference call (http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2009/03/06/qa_with_lb_mike_vrabel__36/).

cpac22
03-11-2009, 03:55 AM
Hey KC fans! Lifelong NE fan here. I have to say, I really am sad to see both #16 and #50 leave our team, but I do hope they provide you guys with as much fun and excitement as they did us. Looking forward to seeing those guys succeed with your team as much as they did with mine. Best of luck next season and hope to see the Chiefs on the opposite end of the field during the playoffs.

Good luck guys! You definitely got two great players, on and off the field.

AussieChiefsFan
03-11-2009, 04:20 AM
:welcome: to the crowd. Thatnks for the players btw.:lol: :bananen_smilies046: