PDA

View Full Version : Thigpen - too early to say but could end up like Brees

wubfree
03-01-2009, 01:44 PM
I like what Thiggy's agent said and I really hope it's how TT feels as well.

“Tyler’s not going to be like some players who are put in this position,” Turner said. “He’s not going to ask to be traded or released or anything like that. He’s going to work as hard as he always has.”

If TT keeps his head on straight, things will work out for him. One of my favorite non-Chief players in the league is Drew Brees. He's good yes but what I love about Brees is his determination and how he never gave up on himself even though his organization gave up on him. SD had Brees and drafted Rivers very high. Brees didn't appear to give two sh!ts. He hunkered down and played like a STUD. Ultimately, SD dumped him after his shoulder injury. But he's continued to light it up. Keep ur chin up, TT. You just never know what's going to happen.

josh1971
03-01-2009, 01:48 PM
I'm glad to hear that Thigpen didn't throw a fit about this (at least not publicly). I hope he stays on our roster.

jb

warcrychief
03-01-2009, 04:42 PM
I'm glad to hear that Thigpen didn't throw a fit about this (at least not publicly). I hope he stays on our roster.

jb

Where does he have room to throw a tantrum? Thigpen is a good #2 player. Still learning. For us before we got Cassel, he was a starter. Because everyone else wasnt up to the task. He is right where he should be.

KottkeKU
03-01-2009, 05:25 PM
dont you think if tyler thigpen was on the patriots, he would have done just as good (if not better) than what Matt Cassel did??? Matt Cassel isnt going to have a good defense, Randy Moss, or a solid offensive line next year (in all likeliness)like he did last year....*but he does have Bowe, and TG (crosses fingers...without Tony, we are screwed...)*

....its nice to get Vrabel, but i would think Thigpen shouldve atleast been given a shot at becoming the starter...he is pretty much the same player as Cassel anyways...very similar skill set. and it wouldnt have cost us a 2nd round draft pick to get him (Maualuga, Laurinitis, Cushing, and a few other really good looking linebackers may be available at no.34 overall...)

SDChief09
03-01-2009, 05:48 PM
Honestly, I like Thigpen, I thought he had another year as starter, but Cassel is hands down a better QB...Thiggy can make things happen with his feet, but his arm is pretty inaccurate....Cassel is also the face of a franchise, Thigpen isnt the best at that, watching him complain on a late hit on a TD run with a 30 point defecit clinched it for me...

Realize, this is a guy who had a lot of chances to win games this year, but he didnt show up in the 2nd half, in a spread built to his strengths, he only hit 54 percent of his passes...

Those who say the pats were stacked last year are dead wrong, they were hurt, and not a complete team....not to mention, Thiggy played Oakland/Denver/SD...NE had it a lot tougher with the AFC East Twice a year....

See, Cassel has almost the scrambling ability of thigpen, he just has 3 inches on thigpen, and doesnt run as often...less injuries will happen this way...

the deal was made, thiggy is a number 2. period.

KristofLaw
03-01-2009, 06:20 PM
It's funny how the comparisons are drawn between these two QBs. It's simple really, they both came from nowhere last year and earned either a great deal of respect or a cautious amount, well earned none-the-less.

The Chiefs and the Patriots also had a similarity in our constant state of in-repair. The Pats just had more leadership which I believe attests to SDchief09s comments on why M.Cassell won and T.Thigpen lost. As a team the Patriots were able to rally and maybe the football gods have been in there corner and gave a W here and there.

Point is our QB situation is better, the possibility that Cassell won't start is there but it's miniscule. Who knows maybe Haley is the guy Croyle needed and he'll start.

Pro_Angler
03-01-2009, 08:53 PM
cutler should talk to thig and get some pointers..lmao... I would still love to see thig start next year..

HokieChief 09
03-01-2009, 08:57 PM
Thig will be a good backup.

AussieChiefsFan
03-01-2009, 09:47 PM
Thig will be a good backup.exactly:bananen_smilies046:

yashi
03-01-2009, 10:09 PM
I prefer us having one of the better backups in the league.. especially since Cassel could be boom or bust.

DT14PRIEST
03-02-2009, 12:04 AM
I'm sure Thigpen will see some playing time next season. Not as the starter but as a misdirection/gadget play guy like JML keeps saying.

He's a good athelete and you can't tell me that Gailey/Haley would keep him out all the time.

EDIT: And to echo the crowd. There is nothing better then to have solid depth at the Quarterback position

prough91
03-02-2009, 11:51 AM
Cassell was sacked (47) times & Brady (1) and Thiggy (26) times with Huard and Croyle adding (11) more sacks to our total. That says our line may have been doing better than we all think. We just didn't have a defense ranked number 11 ours was ranked 31.

How many games could we have won last year if our defense was ranked 11th? Guarantee, it would have been enough that everyone would have been on the Thigy bandwagon. We could have easily been 10-5.

prough91
03-02-2009, 12:04 PM
I don't deal in shoulda or could of type scenrio's. Honestly speaking, we had a defense that was ranked 31 in the NFL and wishing and hoping that wasn't the case doesn't matter. Thigpen will back up Cassell , his manager has stated he isn't complaining about it and unless Cassell stinks up the place nothing about that will change so just face facts and try to accept what the reality of the situation is. We have our franchise QB and his name is Matt Cassell.

Pbbbttttt.

tornadospotter
03-02-2009, 12:14 PM
We of all, NFL Team Fan's, know that there is not to many QB's on the roster! Last season, we lost a starting QB, the #2 QB, and the #3 was the starter, and thankfully survived the rest of the season.

hardcorechiefsfan
03-02-2009, 03:28 PM
I like what Thiggy's agent said and I really hope it's how TT feels as well.

“Tyler’s not going to be like some players who are put in this position,” Turner said. “He’s not going to ask to be traded or released or anything like that. He’s going to work as hard as he always has.”

If TT keeps his head on straight, things will work out for him. One of my favorite non-Chief players in the league is Drew Brees. He's good yes but what I love about Brees is his determination and how he never gave up on himself even though his organization gave up on him. SD had Brees and drafted Rivers very high. Brees didn't appear to give two sh!ts. He hunkered down and played like a STUD. Ultimately, SD dumped him after his shoulder injury. But he's continued to light it up. Keep ur chin up, TT. You just never know what's going to happen.
Thiggie has alot of promise and I believe that if he had another QB that he can watch win games for the chiefs that he might be inspired to show his full potential and give the chiefs other QB a run for his money. That is all that Thiggie needs.