PDA

View Full Version : Hell of a trade

chiefhog88
03-01-2009, 03:19 PM
I can't wait for this next year!!! I hope this will be a huge turn around for the team.I hope this will make Tony stay now.Cassel will need a huge target.

SDChief09
03-01-2009, 05:49 PM
If Tony goes, Cottam is by definition a huge target, with Bowe/Bradley and if LJ returned( I dont prefer it) I can see TG going to the Pats for their last 2nd round pick.

jmlamerson
03-01-2009, 06:11 PM
If Tony goes, Cottam is by definition a huge target, with Bowe/Bradley and if LJ returned( I dont prefer it) I can see TG going to the Pats for their last 2nd round pick.

I could too. The relative cheapness for which we got Cassel makes me suspicious that we're trading Tony G. to the Pats for below market value.

jmlamerson
03-01-2009, 06:31 PM
If TG is in time going to be traded to NE why didn't they just do the deal on Sat? To get our second round pick back for the best TE of alltime seems rather cheap and the fact is TG still has about 2-3 yrs left in his career. This doesn't make any sense to me at all .

The only possible reason I can think of is that Pioli is looking to keep the fan base happy, and a separate trade for Tony G. will have that effect more than including him with the Cassel/Vrabel trade.

I mean, the Pats could have gotten more for Cassel, much less Vrabel. Unless it really is just friendship, something has to be brewing, right?

AussieChiefsFan
03-01-2009, 06:37 PM
If Tony goes, Cottam is by definition a huge target, with Bowe/Bradley and if LJ returned( I dont prefer it) I can see TG going to the Pats for their last 2nd round pick.don't worry! Tony won't go!:mob:

ktmrider
03-01-2009, 06:48 PM
The only possible reason I can think of is that Pioli is looking to keep the fan base happy, and a separate trade for Tony G. will have that effect more than including him with the Cassel/Vrabel trade.

I don't really think Pioli is looking to keep the fan base happy this way? I do agree he is going to keep us happy in the way of wins and hopefully a championship, but I don't think he is worried about keeping a fan favorite just for the sake of not ruffling a few feathers. He is more concerned with building a winning team and will make moves as needed. :toast2:

KristofLaw
03-01-2009, 07:03 PM
I don't really think Pioli is looking to keep the fan base happy this way? I do agree he is going to keep us happy in the way of wins and hopefully a championship, but I don't think he is worried about keeping a fan favorite just for the sake of not ruffling a few feathers. He is more concerned with building a winning team and will make moves as needed. :toast2:

Ruffled feathers aside... there would have to be a pretty gooood offer otherwise we'll be getting the bad end of the shaft. No real upside in trading TG unless an offer comes along that's to good to let go. IMO

Pro_Angler
03-01-2009, 08:46 PM
I think Pioli is doing a heck of a job dealing YES with fan base and team needs. I would be sadenned to see Tony go, but if i was in his shoes I'd understand why.

prough91
03-02-2009, 10:39 AM
Tony has already said he's only going to play two more years, hasn't he?

Canada
03-02-2009, 10:41 AM

How is trading the best TE in the game away going to help that?