PDA

View Full Version : Bills interested in OG Brian Waters

franchisedotcom
03-01-2009, 05:16 PM
The Buffalo Bills (http://buf.scout.com/) are interested in trading for disgruntled Kansas City Chiefs (http://kan.scout.com/) guard Brian Waters (http://buf.scout.com/a.z?s=24&p=8&c=1&nid=3698880), according to a trusted source.
The Bills, in the market for a new left guard after releasing Derrick Dockery (http://buf.scout.com/a.z?s=24&p=8&c=1&nid=4210022) on Thursday, could be looking to land the four-time Pro Bowler for a deal similar to the Marcus Stroud (http://buf.scout.com/a.z?s=24&p=8&c=1&nid=3704010) trade last year, when they gave up third and fifth round draft picks.
Waters has become disenchanted with the additions to the Chiefs organization. According to Kansas City Star writer Jason Whitlock, Waters asked for his release after new general manager Scott Pioli (http://buf.scout.com/a.z?s=24&p=8&c=1&nid=3933332) said he had no interest in meeting him. Whitlock said that Waters was “offended and shocked.”
Also according to the report, several Arizona Cardinals (http://ari.scout.com/), including Anquan Boldin (http://buf.scout.com/a.z?s=24&p=8&c=1&nid=3628870) and Larry Fitzgerald (http://buf.scout.com/a.z?s=24&p=8&c=1&nid=3628881), gave new head coach Todd Haley less than glowing reviews. Haley was called “condescending and ignored by veterans.”
While Waters is 32 years of age and the Chiefs offensive line struggled mightily, there is little doubt about his ability to perform. He would be an instant upgrade over Dockery and could give Buffalo one of the finer left sides of the offensive line in the NFL alongside Jason Peters (http://buf.scout.com/a.z?s=24&p=8&c=1&nid=3661937).
The Bills would likely have to give Waters a new deal. He’s in the fourth year of a six year, $26.5 million deal and has made no bones about declaring himself underpaid.
While an interest in a Waters trade hasn’t been made public, a source inside the organization tells me the Bills are “very much interested in him.”
Pioli refused to honor his request to be released and weren’t open to trading him. But that could change after the Chiefs lost a second-round pick in acquiring Matt Cassel (http://buf.scout.com/a.z?s=24&p=8&c=1&nid=4210794) from the New England Patriots (http://nwe.scout.com/). By trading the displeased Waters, the club could recoup draft picks as well as not have their new franchise quarterback hampered

per Scout.com

thoughts?

SDChief09
03-01-2009, 05:28 PM
Waters is not happy, hes 32, and if they offer a 3 and a 5...KC outta take it...I know hes been great, but Herman Johnson in round 3 sounds good to me, plus, having another third lets KC have room to make some moves...

Not to mention Tony G could be on his way out...

Im more worried about Cassel's contract, but Waters should be dealt, at that age, with his morale....yep.

Whitlock can make references to the wire all he wants, 5-oh and soldiers, thats fine, but Waters doesnt fit here now, hes made that clear first day of free agency bashing the new head coach publicly.

franchisedotcom
03-01-2009, 05:30 PM
Waters is not happy, hes 32, and if they offer a 3 and a 5...KC outta take it...I know hes been great, but Herman Johnson in round 3 sounds good to me, plus, having another third lets KC have room to make some moves...

Im more worried about Cassel's contract, but Waters should be dealt, at that age, with his morale....yep.

Whitlock can make references to the wire all he wants, 5-oh and soldiers, thats fine, but Waters doesnt fit here now, hes made that clear first day of free agency bashing the new head coach publicly.

32 years old is the big negative against him. The Bills will probably overpay for him and :sign0153:

yashi
03-01-2009, 05:32 PM
I'd trade him for a 3rd and a 5th, but it would kind of suck only having 1 lineman on the roster who is anything more than terrible.

jmlamerson
03-01-2009, 05:33 PM

Also, the current Bills regime is looking to win now. The current folks have lost a lot of games and they want to make the playoffs in 2009.

I we can get a 2nd or 3rd rounder, we need to take it.

jmlamerson
03-01-2009, 05:38 PM
I'd trade him for a 3rd and a 5th, but it would kind of suck only having 1 lineman on the roster who is anything more than terrible.

It would - but I have a feeling Pioli's burning his anytime minutes trying to sign some decent FAs. Also, we can use these draft picks to pick Waters's successor.

Anyway, and it sounds terrible to say, although Waters is a great LG, he hasn't won us any games. He's replaceable. I don't want to lose him, but we can replace him.

And Haley may be all kinds of @sshole. So was his mentor Parcells. So is Belichek. So are most winning coaches not named Dungy. I don't care if Haley is the meanest sumb!tch alive, so long as he puts a good disciplined team on the field and wins playoff games.

balto
03-01-2009, 05:58 PM
LJ and Waters to Philly for one of there 1st rounders. Philly needs Oline help and a power RB

jmlamerson
03-01-2009, 06:08 PM
LJ and Waters to Philly for one of there 1st rounders. Philly needs Oline help and a power RB

Philly just signed Stacy Andrews for their OL. And there's no way they pay LJ's salary.

HokieChief 09
03-01-2009, 06:10 PM
I'd say this would work out for us...our O-Line is putrid, but Waters is going on 33 years old, and a couple more draft picks would definitely be a plus. I would take it if it was offered.

ktmrider
03-01-2009, 07:02 PM
It would - but I have a feeling Pioli's burning his anytime minutes trying to sign some decent FAs. Also, we can use these draft picks to pick Waters's successor.

And Haley may be all kinds of @sshole. So was his mentor Parcells. So is Belichek. So are most winning coaches not named Dungy. I don't care if Haley is the meanest sumb!tch alive, so long as he puts a good disciplined team on the field and wins playoff games.

AMEN brother! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

jap1
03-01-2009, 07:50 PM
I think he is worth a 2nd rounder to mid 3rd rounder. The way I see it, rookies that are considered "guaranteed" stud interior lineman are usually taken in the late 1st and early 2nd rounds. Duke Robinson is considered a mid 1st round prospect. Alex Mack is a late 1st rounder, Mack Unger is an early 2nd rounder.

If you get Waters, you are pretty much guaranteeing a pro bowl caliber player. Which is probably more than you can say about those guys I listed above. Yes he is older and has maybe 3 more quality years left, unless he gets injured. So for that reason he is not quite as valuable as those guys because his long term potential isnt there. But to a team that is "close" to contending, he may be worth as low as a late 2nd rounder.

That is how I think, but I am not a football GM, so who knows how they value these things.

I hope he stays though so we can draft some people and he can teach them how to be pro-bowlers.

honda522
03-01-2009, 07:59 PM
If they are going to trade, get a pick. I heard that OT from Baylor was good lookin the combine.

Big Daddy Tek
03-01-2009, 08:13 PM
We already have too many holes to fill on the O-line. Trading Waters just adds another one. This wouldnt make sense.

AussieChiefsFan
03-01-2009, 08:15 PM
Exactly! too many hole in our offense and defense is just NOT what we need right now! that's why we traded for cassel and vrabel.

Pro_Angler
03-01-2009, 08:37 PM
I agree losing waters would hurt us even more. restructure his contract for 3 more years and pay him.

Coach
03-01-2009, 08:54 PM
I would rather keep him. But if he is going to be dealt, it had better be for at least a 2nd rd pick so we can replace him with the pick. A 3rd and something is not enough IMO.

djlewis0714
03-01-2009, 11:07 PM
I do not think Waters is the type of guy to come out and talk down about anyone around the franchise he is a big part of the community and for haley and pioli to treat their best offensive lineman like that is almost unbelievable. I hope it is not true and he stays on the team no third round pick could replace him right now.

DT14PRIEST
03-01-2009, 11:47 PM
It pains me to say this but Chiefs aren't going to be a contender next year or in 2010 so if the Bills are willing to trade us a 2nd or some variance of multiple picks I say take it there are moves still to be made in Free Agency that can sure up the line and we can adress line throughout the draft as well.

texaschief
03-02-2009, 12:29 AM
In-house options exist for the O-line. I think we need at least two starting OL between FA and the draft. I could see a combination of Albert, Niswanger, Herb Taylor, and McIntosh on a starting OL. I'm not sure there are any other players on this team that I could see as a starting OL. In time, perhaps Richardson could become a starting RT, but that's another season or two off, IMO. If they had planned to replace McIntosh at RT, I think they would've released him by now.

If I'm building the line without Waters or any FA's, the line could look like this:

LT-Eugene Monroe/Jason Smith
LG-Branden Albert
C-Antoine Caldwell (3rd Rd)
RG-Rudy Niswanger
RT-Herb Taylor

Of course, I'd have to see which combination is the best for the team and which combination we could get the best result from as a whole, but I'd be ok with a combination of those players for a season or more. I think we need AT LEAST two outside players for the line this season if we lose Waters.

AkChief49
03-02-2009, 01:30 AM
Is it possible that Pioli dissed Waters on purpose? Knowing Waters could be worth a 2nd rounder to replenish the one spent on the Cassel trade. Is he that shrewd? Like the new lion of the pride is he weeding out the offspring of the old lion?(watching way too much animal planet!!)

DT14PRIEST
03-02-2009, 02:12 AM
Is it possible that Pioli dissed Waters on purpose? Knowing Waters could be worth a 2nd rounder to replenish the one spent on the Cassel trade. Is he that shrewd? Like the new lion of the pride is he weeding out the offspring of the old lion?(watching way too much animal planet!!)

I dont think Pioli is that petty to just diss him, he was just coarse and business like with him from whats being reported and Waters wasn't used to being treated as such with CP/Herm.

tornadospotter
03-02-2009, 02:22 AM
This whole Waters incident is, maybe Waters, was at the wrong place at the wrong time. Because we now know Pioli and Hailey, were rather busy on other things.
So BW, worry about being ready to play, and be in shape to play. Leave the team management where it belongs!

warcrychief
03-02-2009, 02:29 AM

na Pioli has business to do and he doesnt need to be weighed down by someone that is already on the payroll. "See me after the Draft and FA" type of additude, is how i see it. Waters is on the bottom of the totempole and he needs to know what the pecking order is. Herm and Peterson never showed him that.

SDChief09
03-02-2009, 02:34 AM
KC Star is a bad source, but Whitlock was the one saying these things...As far as ANY story covering it, even Bob Gretz, Brian was told by Cardinals that Haley was Arrogant, he ran with this after being "blown off" while KC was trying to deal for Cassel...

I understand standing up for him

but the point is

hes not happy
hes a 32 year old guard that has good value to a team that needs players.

The fact Whitlock continues to bring up Waters in an article about Cassel is proof....hes a soldier remember.

Eydugstr
03-10-2009, 02:13 PM

My feelings exactly. All the people speculating about the draft have been talking about linebackers or wide recievers, but IMHO the o-line is what needs the most help.

Maybe we could set up a deal to get rid of Waters & LJ both for really good draft picks. Jerry Jones, are you listening?????

hometeam
03-10-2009, 04:20 PM
Being 32 isnt much of a knock against waters. O-lineman are known to play at a high level longer than any other position but maybe some QB's

3rd and a 5th is insulting if you ask me, hes a first ballot hall of famer in my book~

SDChief09
03-10-2009, 08:15 PM
first ballot hall of famer? Are you kidding me? you have to be joking...good player....at times was great, but one of the best ever at his position? No way...let alone FIRST BALLOT.

hometeam
03-10-2009, 09:50 PM
my bad i was getting him confused with will shields.

still. great player, worth more than a 3rd and 5th :P

Big Daddy Tek
03-10-2009, 10:02 PM

Anyway, and it sounds terrible to say, although Waters is a great LG, he hasn't won us any games. He's replaceable. I don't want to lose him, but we can replace him.

Waters is a great LG that HAS won us many games, Or atleast helped. Think back please.... Thankyou. LG's dont win you games single handedly, especially with the supporting cast that he had the past two years. We have too many holes as it is and as of right now, he is NOT replaceable.

Three7s
03-10-2009, 10:12 PM
Being 32 isnt much of a knock against waters. O-lineman are known to play at a high level longer than any other position but maybe some QB's

3rd and a 5th is insulting if you ask me, hes a first ballot hall of famer in my book~
Not true at all. Most O-linemen are done by the time they hit 34. The grind gets to them more than any other position on the field. WRs and QBs can play at an extremely high level, well into their 30s, in some cases, 40s. The only other position that players naturally retire from earlier than most is RB.

DT14PRIEST
03-10-2009, 11:27 PM
Brian Waters should take some advice from Bruschi

What Gets You Motivated Before You Hit The Field?

Tedy Bruschi, New England Patriots

Winning championships. That's all it should be about for any player.

kcmostwanted
03-11-2009, 12:20 AM
You guys are crazy if you think Brian Waters is only worth a 3rd and 5th...

Who the heck are you going to get to replace Brian in the 3rd round...maybe in the future they can help but I'm not sure about right away???

I know he's getting old but he still has about 2-4 good years left in him...I think he's more important to the O-line the next 2 years than most people think...

Our line would be miserable the next 2-4 years if we filled our O-line w/ low round draft picks...

Our biggest mistakes last year was passing on 2 O-line guys in the Big 12...

Anthony Collins in the 4th (we took Will Franklin instead)
and
Carl Nicks in the 5th (We took Brandon Carr.. which was a solid pick)...

I just felt like these 2 guys were very good value picks and were 2nd round talent but fell because of some off-field issues.... Turns out, after their first year, they're pretty solid starters and should be around in the NFL for a long time.

All I'm saying is ...I wish we would have invested lots of our 9 or 10 picks last year on the aging O-line, but Herm and Queen Carl f'ed us up by waiting till the 12th round to look at Brian Waters' replacement...

KottkeKU
03-11-2009, 01:08 AM
i couldnt disagree more than about Brandon Carr...talk about value. Say what you want about Herm, but he drafted some great corners last year...I agree with you about Collins though, i would have much rather had him that Will Franklin...i think receivers like him are available all the time. But we needed more lineman...bad. that was one of the few draft choices i really didnt like last year (or Cottam)

And theres no way that the Chiefs trade Waters....Pioli said himself "hes under contract, hes going to be a Chief...hes important to our team, etc....i was just busy finding the coaching staff.."...this was in an interview at the senior bowl or something a few weeks back...so waters is going nowhere...if anybody gets traded it will be tony probably... :(

bigpoppachief
03-11-2009, 01:21 AM
Can you give me any links or proof that he actually made these bashings in public? I would perfer direct quotes from Brian himself not the rumors that were posted on this board a few days back. KC Star makes a living of printing stories about rumors from a reliable source when they think that a player is either getting old or they just need a story so I would like to see the story that says he actually said it in a interview or similiar surroundings as I don't believe that Brian would be that unprofessional as to publically bash the KC Chiefs staff simply because he doesn't like the people Clark Hunt brought in to run the show.

I agree I want to see some direct quotes but if so so be it send him on his way to Buffalo maybe him and TO can whine together.

Sn@keIze
03-11-2009, 02:58 AM
We already have too many holes to fill on the O-line. Trading Waters just adds another one. This wouldnt make sense.Yep

I agree losing waters would hurt us even more. restructure his contract for 3 more years and pay him. yep

I would rather keep him. But if he is going to be dealt, it had better be for at least a 2nd rd pick so we can replace him with the pick. A 3rd and something is not enough IMO.me too

It pains me to say this but Chiefs aren't going to be a contender next year or in 2010 so if the Bills are willing to trade us a 2nd or some variance of multiple picks I say take it there are moves still to be made in Free Agency that can sure up the line and we can adress line throughout the draft as well.oh yes they will! u have to believe. ever heard of the 2007 to 2008 Dolphins?

KC Star is a bad source, but Whitlock was the one saying these things...As far as ANY story covering it, even Bob Gretz, Brian was told by Cardinals that Haley was Arrogant, he ran with this after being "blown off" while KC was trying to deal for Cassel...

I understand standing up for him

but the point is

hes not happy
hes a 32 year old guard that has good value to a team that needs players.

The fact Whitlock continues to bring up Waters in an article about Cassel is proof....hes a soldier remember.Thats right. hey, i know a team that needs value players! The Kansas City Chiefs would be a great fit.

oh wait, we already have him.

I know he's getting old but he still has about 2-4 good years left in him...I think he's more important to the O-line the next 2 years than most people think...

Our line would be miserable the next 2-4 years if we filled our O-line w/ low round draft picks...

...Yep.

DT14PRIEST
03-11-2009, 06:30 AM
oh yes they will! u have to believe. ever heard of the 2007 to 2008 Dolphins?

I said 'contender' as in Superbowl. Making the playoffs either by winning the AFC West or a wild card berth would be a monumental step in the right direction and really sell the Chiefs to the rest of the league as an up and coming contender with Pioli/Haley at the helm but aside from that its just a flash in the pan (like the Dolphins were last season).

The fastest timetable in which I could feasibly see the Chiefs becoming a legitimate superbowl threat would be the 2010 season at the earliest.

Unless Pioli strikes gold with every pick in the draft and FA signing and all are considered selfless Chiefs loving pro bowl caliber players I can't say in all good faith that the Chiefs make the Superbowl in 09. I'll support the Chiefs till my dying day but I can't let my irrational addiction to everything Chiefs swamp my common sense...At least not during the off season :D

Seek
03-11-2009, 07:26 AM
Brian Waters has done nothing noteable since Willie Roaf Retired. Without Willie Roaf, Waters was nothing but an average LG. He is still making the pro-bowl because it is a popularity contest.

Take off your homer glasses folks and look at this team from they eyes of Piolo and Haley. They are evaluating him based on his play last year. Not what he did years ago where many of you built your loyalty towards him.

If you can get a 3rd or 5th for him. Send his arse packing... If he wants to shut up, stay and play. Fine...

Sn@keIze
03-11-2009, 08:26 AM
Brian Waters has done nothing noteable since Willie Roaf Retired. Without Willie Roaf, Waters was nothing but an average LG. He is still making the pro-bowl because it is a popularity contest.

Take off your homer glasses folks and look at this team from they eyes of Piolo and Haley. They are evaluating him based on his play last year. Not what he did years ago where many of you built your loyalty towards him.

If you can get a 3rd or 5th for him. Send his arse packing... If he wants to shut up, stay and play. Fine...No way. Waters is the last remnant of the best line in the NFL. Now hes the veteran and proven player the rest of the O line needs.

Hes still got what it takes. Why, if he didnt, why would teams be willing to give up picks for him? A 3rd round pick (alone) is pretty special.

Canada
03-11-2009, 08:51 AM
I said 'contender' as in Superbowl. :D

The Cards were 9-7 last year. I dont know how people can saw we will not contend yet we have not even seen who is gonna be playing in September. Call me a homer if u must but 9-7 does not seem like a real strech to me!! :bananen_smilies046:

DT14PRIEST
03-11-2009, 10:25 AM
The Cards were 9-7 last year. I dont know how people can saw we will not contend yet we have not even seen who is gonna be playing in September. Call me a homer if u must but 9-7 does not seem like a real strech to me!! :bananen_smilies046:

9-7 isn't a stretch its what I expect from the Chiefs in 2009 but I don't think it'll win the divison. But with Denver collapsing from within, JMarc still at the helm in Oakland, and Norv Turner still shooting blanks in should win games it could happen the Chiefs take the division.

That being said...

9-7 might might merit a playoff berth if they were to not win the divison but then again it might not especially in the AFC. Just going by last years playoff teams look at New England, 11-5 and left in the dust because the Colts went 12-4 and scooped up the wild card berth since the Titans rocked the divison.

8-8, 9-7 gets you in the playoffs when your divison is in the process of rebuilding/just plaing bad but I don't think it'll be a consistent formula for success. Besides Chiefs got a pretty beastly schedule this year. I'll consider .500 or better a giant leap forward for the Cheifs in building a dynasty.

We'll see...Off season just began, so my assumptions as of right now are all premature and speculative at this point, so don't jot anything down as official.

Canada
03-11-2009, 10:34 AM
9-7 isn't a stretch its what I expect from the Chiefs in 2009 but I don't think it'll win the divison. But with Denver collapsing from within, JMarc still at the helm in Oakland, and Norv Turner still shooting blanks in should win games it could happen the Chiefs take the division.

That being said...

9-7 might might merit a playoff berth if they were to not win the divison but then again it might not especially in the AFC. Just going by last years playoff teams look at New England, 11-5 and left in the dust because the Colts went 12-4 and scooped up the wild card berth since the Titans rocked the divison.

8-8, 9-7 gets you in the playoffs when your divison is in the process of rebuilding/just plaing bad but I don't think it'll be a consistent formula for success. Besides Chiefs got a pretty beastly schedule this year. I'll consider .500 or better a giant leap forward for the Cheifs in building a dynasty.

We'll see...Off season just began, so my assumptions as of right now are all premature and speculative at this point, so don't jot anything down as official.

I am not looking at 9-7 every year and hoping to make the playoffs, I am saying that if we win our division and the team gets hot in the playoffs then we can contend for the SuperBowl. I also think this will be a pretty damn good team come the 2010 season when we start winning double digit games and we become much more serious contenders!! :bananen_smilies046:

DT14PRIEST
03-11-2009, 10:51 AM
I am not looking at 9-7 every year and hoping to make the playoffs, I am saying that if we win our division and the team gets hot in the playoffs then we can contend for the SuperBowl. I also think this will be a pretty damn good team come the 2010 season when we start winning double digit games and we become much more serious contenders!! :bananen_smilies046:

I didnt mean for the Chiefs to go 9-7 year in and year out what I meant was 9-7 in the NFL as a whole won't gaurentee you a playoff berth in a typical year.

I can see the Chiefs going under double digit regular season wins and still taking the AFC West if it continues its downward slump as it has been taking on as of late, but I'd be a little suprised if it did happen.

And I'll take post season success of the Cardinals over a double digit regular season win total any day. Let the Chiefs squeak in during the regular season and get hot during the playoffs and all is right. Superbowls cure all potential woes.

kcmostwanted
03-11-2009, 10:56 AM
I think we have an excellent chance of winning the division next year... I'm not all that impressed w/ any team in the AFC west, and all AFC West teams play the same schedule so hopefully we can come out on top. Just look at how many games we lost last year by one possession (or something close to that)

-New England
-New York Jets
-Tampa Bay
-@ San Diego
-@ Denver
-San Diego
-Miami (we had only a FG in the 2nd half after scoring 4 TD the first half)

All these games w/ the 2 we won and we could have easily been 9-7...

As bad as we were I think this team is oozing w/ potential... if Pioli and Coaching staff can get these young guys together I think we should have a bright season in the AFC West...

And ultimately we need Waters on our O-line leading the way!

Seek
03-12-2009, 09:24 AM
No way. Waters is the last remnant of the best line in the NFL. Now hes the veteran and proven player the rest of the O line needs.

Hes still got what it takes. Why, if he didnt, why would teams be willing to give up picks for him? A 3rd round pick (alone) is pretty special.

Yes Way... Take the Homer Glasses... You are living in the past. He made the pro-bowl thanks to Willie Roaf helping him. You can't tell me with a straight face that Brian Waters was oustanding last two years. If you can, you don't watch the line. Brian Waters himself even said he hasn't been playing like he is used.

The bills are interested in him because he would be a good pick up for a team looking to fill one whole on the line to win now. He is not a building block. You could get a viable guard to replace Waters in a year using the 3rd round pick. He could already be replaced with a player on this roster. The Chiefs gave up even more for John Welbourne...If that means anything to people willing to trade for him.

Sn@keIze
03-12-2009, 11:04 AM
Yes Way... Take the Homer Glasses... You are living in the past. He made the pro-bowl thanks to Willie Roaf helping him. You can't tell me with a straight face that Brian Waters was oustanding last two years. If you can, you don't watch the line. Brian Waters himself even said he hasn't been playing like he is used.

The bills are interested in him because he would be a good pick up for a team looking to fill one whole on the line to win now. He is not a building block. You could get a viable guard to replace Waters in a year using the 3rd round pick. He could already be replaced with a player on this roster. The Chiefs gave up even more for John Welbourne...If that means anything to people willing to trade for him.Im not living in the past.

trust me. When Will Shields was gettin blown off the line I looked and said hey he just aint what he used to be. If anybody is a "what have you done for me lately" guy..its me.

And its not Waters time. If it was Waters time, teams wouldnt be trying to obtain him.

chief31
03-12-2009, 02:02 PM

If you can get a 3rd or 5th for him. Send his arse packing... If he wants to shut up, stay and play. Fine...

Yeah. Like things haven't been bad enough with only one real o-lineman, let's get rid of him and run with none.

(Jury's still out on Albert.)

Seek
03-13-2009, 08:08 AM
Yeah. Like things haven't been bad enough with only one real o-lineman, let's get rid of him and run with none.

(Jury's still out on Albert.)

he isn't the only real one.. Albert actually made him better, but before Thigpen and the spread where Thiggy rolled out of the pocket, Waters was looking Will his last year. The change in the offense complimented with Thigpen hid a lot of inefficiencys of Waters. The running game was still crap and they tried to run behind Waters.

If you can get a third and fifth Take it.

prough91
03-13-2009, 10:36 AM
Im not living in the past.

trust me. When Will Shields was gettin blown off the line I looked and said hey he just aint what he used to be. If anybody is a "what have you done for me lately" guy..its me.

And its not Waters time. If it was Waters time, teams wouldnt be trying to obtain him.

When did Will Shields get blown off the line?

Seek
03-13-2009, 12:30 PM
When did Will Shields get blown off the line?

His last season, specifically toward the end was a slight reseblence of Jordan Black. Most fans knew he would retire because it was obvious his body was ready to.

Chiefzfan
03-13-2009, 01:48 PM
Can you give me any links or proof that he actually made these bashings in public? I would perfer direct quotes from Brian himself not the rumors that were posted on this board a few days back. KC Star makes a living of printing stories about rumors from a reliable source when they think that a player is either getting old or they just need a story so I would like to see the story that says he actually said it in a interview or similiar surroundings as I don't believe that Brian would be that unprofessional as to publically bash the KC Chiefs staff simply because he doesn't like the people Clark Hunt brought in to run the show.

Dont think he ever did, just said he wanted out. I agree with the fact that he doesn't make much of an impact, but how can losing him improve the Chiefs at all, our O-line has been terrible since we lost Roaf and Shields. I have to disagree on the round 3 and 5 pick for him..he'll get over it and play hard.