PDA

View Full Version : How many Chiefs players have you met?

honda522
03-01-2009, 08:46 PM
I went to the Tony Gonzalez football camp, I think it was in 06.

I met Gonzo, Brian Waters, Trent Green, Eddie Kennision, and I think Kawaika Mitchell. It was a linebacker, but I cant remember who.

Heres an old ugly picture of me TD man. :D

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2009/03/3.jpg

PawnshopMarimba
03-01-2009, 09:01 PM
I remember meeting Harvey Williams and Christian Okoye at either the Bannister or Oak Park Mall when I was a kid, and we saw Neil Smith hanging out at Independence Center a few years later.

Oh, and I met Dan Saleaumua at an airport in Arizona of all places.

Edit: Just wiki'd. Dan lives in Arizona, apparently.

Pro_Angler
03-01-2009, 09:01 PM
I have met many many of them. I go to the Charger/Chiefs game every year here in SD. I always have players comming to the rail and shaking my hand. 2 years ago Bowe jumped into my arms after the game..

honda522
03-01-2009, 09:02 PM
Oh yea, Neil Smith...shook his hand after a brigade game. He owns half the brigade I think.

Canada
03-01-2009, 09:06 PM
I met Jamaal Charles last year and DBowe the year befor the vikings game. I also got to hang out with Derrick Johnson at Sports Nutz before the 49ers game.

AussieChiefsFan
03-01-2009, 09:42 PM
I met Jamaal Charles last year and DBowe the year befor the vikings game. I also got to hang out with Derrick Johnson at Sports Nutz before the 49ers game.YOU LUCKY THING!!!!!!!!:armee_smilies092:

honda522
03-01-2009, 09:50 PM
I met Jamaal Charles last year and DBowe the year befor the vikings game. I also got to hang out with Derrick Johnson at Sports Nutz before the 49ers game.
DJ seems like he would be a cool guy.

Canada
03-01-2009, 10:14 PM
DJ seems like he would be a cool guy.

He was so down to earth. He seemed genuinely suprised that I would fly all the way from Canada just to watch him (and the chiefs) play. I was impressed that he took as much time to sit and talk with me as he did. Class act all the way!! :bananen_smilies046:

Coach
03-01-2009, 10:29 PM
I met Jamaal Charles last year. That's it for me. I've been collecting a lot of autographed merchandise here lately though. Jerseys, footballs, etc. It's been gong on the cheap on ebay here lately.

stricken721
03-01-2009, 11:09 PM
This may seem hard to believe but as we all know Bam Morris was locked up in a TX prison. Well.. My father was the warden at the prison Bam was locked up in during 2003. So that's how I met Bam Morris. Nice guy just made bad choices.

That was the first and only chiefs player I have met. Odd how it happened though...

DT14PRIEST
03-01-2009, 11:35 PM
I met Martin Bayless...

>.>

If you know him I'd be more then a little shocked xD

honda522
03-02-2009, 12:17 AM
My dad worked for Delta Airlines as a mechanic..and he was one of the last people to see his casket loaded onto the plane. That week they had, "a public visitation" I guess you would call it at Arrowhead. So they had his body up here again before they sent it back down to Miami.

The accident happened a few miles from my house.

dale6734
03-02-2009, 12:42 AM
I met Ty Law at Gates BBQ. He was very friendly. We had a 3 or four minute conversation, He gave my son an autogragh and we parted ways.:cook::cook::cook::cook:

tornadospotter
03-02-2009, 12:44 AM
I met Deron Cherry and have a personally signed pic.
Deron Cherry, 1996 Hall of Fame Inductee, Kansas City Chiefs (http://www.kcchiefs.com/hall_of_fame/deron_cherry/)

josh1971
03-02-2009, 01:19 AM
I met Martin Bayless...

>.>

Heck yeah, I remember Bayless!

As a wee cub scout, I met an OT named Charlie Getty.

Then, while at a KC Royals game in the late 80s/early 90s (can't remember it exactly), I discovered after 3 innings that I was sitting right next to Nick Lowery! He was cool as hell, and autographed my baseball scorecard.

Haven't met any others.

jb

YZILLA
03-02-2009, 04:10 AM
I met :

1.Tank

2.Turk

3.Dantrell Savage

4. Jamal Charles

5. Tamba

6. Sippio

7. DBowe

8.Larry Johnson

9. Herm edwards

10. Boomer Grigsby ( hung out in the parking lot numerous times with him after the game ).

kuchief
03-02-2009, 04:13 AM
I have never met one. I did see Glenn Dorsey in public a few months ago, but I didnt say anything.

AussieChiefsFan
03-02-2009, 04:14 AM
I met :

1.Tank

2.Turk

3.Dantrell Savage

4. Jamal Charles

5. Tamba

6. Sippio

7. DBowe

8.Larry Johnson

9. Herm edwards

10. Boomer Grigsby ( hung out in the parking lot numerous times with him after the game ).

I met Deron Cherry and have a personally signed pic.
Deron Cherry, 1996 Hall of Fame Inductee, Kansas City Chiefs (http://www.kcchiefs.com/hall_of_fame/deron_cherry/)

I met Martin Bayless...

>.>

I met Jamaal Charles last year. That's it for me. I've been collecting a lot of autographed merchandise here lately though. Jerseys, footballs, etc. It's been gong on the cheap on ebay here lately.

Oh yea, Neil Smith...shook his hand after a brigade game. He owns half the brigade I think.

I have met many many of them. I go to the Charger/Chiefs game every year here in SD. I always have players comming to the rail and shaking my hand. 2 years ago Bowe jumped into my arms after the game..

I remember meeting Harvey Williams and Christian Okoye at either the Bannister or Oak Park Mall when I was a kid, and we saw Neil Smith hanging out at Independence Center a few years later.

Oh, and I met Dan Saleaumua at an airport in Arizona of all places.

Edit: Just wiki'd. Dan lives in Arizona, apparently.

I went to the Tony Gonzalez football camp, I think it was in 06.

I met Gonzo, Brian Waters, Trent Green, Eddie Kennision, and I think Kawaika Mitchell. It was a linebacker, but I cant remember who.

Heres an old ugly picture of me TD man. :D

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2009/03/3.jpgAll you guys are so LUCKY!!! escpecially you Honda.

windwalker
03-02-2009, 06:22 AM
I have met one.. Tyler Thigpen..

prough91
03-02-2009, 11:20 AM
I never actually got to meet a Chiefs player. I worked at a factory one time and they were doing a lot of new construction and remodeling. DT owned a roofing company and they were working on the roof. He came in and talked to a friend of mine's girlfriend and she didn't know who it was until like 3 or 4 days later. I told her if he came back to call me cause she only worked about 50 ft away from me in a trailer. He died that winter.

chiefnut
03-02-2009, 12:11 PM
i was at the ravens game in baltimore and wnet to their hotel, got to meet quite a few to get autographs, most memorable; Lenny Dawson, Trent green, Big Willie [i'm like up to his waist], Dante Hall [i'm bigger than him], Dick Vermiel, CP, best of all ...Lamar Hunt..had a picture w/him and he suggested my wife get into the picture so he had someone take it of the three of us.

dbolan
03-02-2009, 12:28 PM
I met Derrick Thomas and Neil Smith at a Tommy Morrison "after fight" party. Also met Micky Rourke there as well and chit chatted for with him for about 5 minutes. Of course, I asked him how much he enjoyed making 9-1/2 weeks with Kim Basinger and he said he loved it, what else? LOL! Cool dude, no doubt!

DT, hate to say it but was not very sociable at all.

Neil Smith was cool as well. We talked for a while and laughed it up

honda522
03-02-2009, 02:36 PM
All you guys are so LUCKY!!! escpecially you Honda.
Hey! My dad paid quite the load of cash to get me signed up for the camp.

honda522
03-02-2009, 02:40 PM
I met :

8.Larry Johnson Women beater punk

9. Herm edwards Douchbag wanna be.
Thats what I think of them.

hardcorechiefsfan
03-02-2009, 02:46 PM
I've never met any chiefs but I've met 2 Royals, Frank White and 'Flash' Gordon. The Royals still suck since the strike.
A chief that I would love to meet is Tony Gonzalez. Is he still a chief? I heard about the chiefs getting CASSEL and someone else. Even if the chiefs traded him to get someone else I would want to meet him because he is a great human being.

P.S. - Do you think I could get a kiss from him? I would pay him whatever I had to and never wash my cheek ever again!

honda522
03-02-2009, 02:49 PM
I've never met any chiefs but I've met 2 Royals, Frank White and 'Flash' Gordon. The Royals still suck since the strike.
A chief that I would love to meet is Tony Gonzalez. Is he still a chief? I heard about the chiefs getting CASSEL and someone else. Even if the chiefs traded him to get someone else I would want to meet him because he is a great human being.

P.S. - Do you think I could get a kiss from him? I would pay him whatever I had to and never wash my cheek ever again!
HAHAHA, I hope your a girl. Yes, he is still a Chief for the moment. I doubt he is going anywhere now.

hardcorechiefsfan
03-02-2009, 03:57 PM
HAHAHA, I hope your a girl. Yes, he is still a Chief for the moment. I doubt he is going anywhere now.
:lol:Of course I am a girl.
I am thrilled that TG is still a chief.:yahoo:Lets hope that Pioli didn't leave his brains with the patriots.

Ldub
03-02-2009, 04:43 PM
I live in Nebraska, Will Shields used to live 2 houses down from my aunt and uncles and Ive talked to him several times. I also met Neal Smith and Keith Cash and a charity basketball game.

honda522
03-02-2009, 08:02 PM
:lol:Of course I am a girl.
I am thrilled that TG is still a chief.:yahoo:Lets hope that Pioli didn't leave his brains with the patriots.
Well you never know sometimes. I don't know to many girls that like football...I don't know many girls. :(

Wski Girl
03-02-2009, 09:01 PM
i would like to meet TG and former chief Hall, but i did meet the cheerleaders a few years back, thats all

Bike
03-02-2009, 09:05 PM
I met Albert Lewis at the former Piggly Wiggly at 40 hwy and Blue Ridge Cutoff. It was on a Tuesday after practice and he was buying Gatorade. I was buying beer. I asked him if he wanted to trade and he shook my hand and introduced himself. Pretty cool.

Wski Girl
03-02-2009, 09:09 PM
I live in Nebraska, Will Shields used to live 2 houses down from my aunt and uncles and Ive talked to him several times. I also met Neal Smith and Keith Cash and a charity basketball game.
where at?

Bike
03-02-2009, 09:11 PM
where at?
I'm from Atkinson. Not a large metropolitan area when i was a kid...

hardcorechiefsfan
03-02-2009, 09:15 PM
Well you never know sometimes. I don't know to many girls that like football...I don't know many girls. :(
It took me awhile before the family hobby took hold. I know that it isn't "lady-like" for a girl to show her passion for football, especially in public but I love the chiefs and I'm not an ordinary girl. When I caught the "bug" I had to put up with my mom giving me dirty looks when I just wanted to cheer for my team. I could never understand why only the guys could react to plays. It wasn't fair. And then I found this site and I feel like I'm in heaven!

Chiefster
03-02-2009, 09:16 PM
I have met zero Chiefs Players. :(

hardcorechiefsfan
03-02-2009, 09:18 PM
I have met zero Chiefs Players. :(
When I get to meet TG I will let you meet him too:lol:

Wski Girl
03-02-2009, 09:28 PM
im from aurora, thats not exactly a huge metropolis

Chiefster
03-02-2009, 09:29 PM
When I get to meet TG I will let you meet him too:lol:

Alrighty then!

Bike
03-02-2009, 09:33 PM
im from aurora, thats not exactly a huge metropolis
HAHA. My parents use to take us to Valentine or Oniel for the real excitement!!!:bananen_smilies046:

Wski Girl
03-02-2009, 09:35 PM
HAHA. My parents use to take us to Valentine or Oniel for the real excitement!!!:bananen_smilies046:hmm isnt Valentine up by the Niobrara (sp?) if so i think i may have been there

Ldub
03-02-2009, 09:40 PM

O Town here, I got alot of family near Atkinson though. Bassett, Ainsworh.

Wski Girl
03-02-2009, 09:42 PM
O Town here, I got alot of family near Atkinson though. Bassett, Ainsworh.
i know ive been to ainsworth. I was in Omaha this weekend

Bike
03-02-2009, 09:44 PM
hmm isnt Valentine up by the Niobrara (sp?) if so i think i may have been there
I don't know. Its in north central nebraska is all I remember. I was 8 when my parents decided to move to Sioux City. So I decided to tag along...:bananen_smilies046:

tornadospotter
03-03-2009, 01:39 AM
hmm isnt Valentine up by the Niobrara (sp?) if so i think i may have been there
Yes, you have been there.:11:

chiefnut
03-03-2009, 10:38 AM
It took me awhile before the family hobby took hold. I know that it isn't "lady-like" for a girl to show her passion for football, especially in public but I love the chiefs and I'm not an ordinary girl. When I caught the "bug" I had to put up with my mom giving me dirty looks when I just wanted to cheer for my team. I could never understand why only the guys could react to plays. It wasn't fair. And then I found this site and I feel like I'm in heaven!

My daughter is a rabid steeler fan and my wife a big jets fan and they both scream at the tv, even in public. if you want to really see "ladies" in rare form go to a hockey game. when the wife and i go to beaver stadium for a Penn State game SHE is usually one of the loudest in our section.:yahoo:

chief31
03-03-2009, 01:50 PM
I went to training camp in '06. So I met many of them.

Jeff Webb, Eddie Kennison, Tamba Hali, Bernard Pollard, Derrick Johnson, Kyle Turley, Will Shields, Jordan Black, Ron Edwards, Jason Dunn and a slew of others.

But the players whos personalities really stood out where Trent Green, (Very friendly with the kids.) Dante Hall, ( Seemed to love being around fans.) and Jared Allen.

Jared seemed to love everything about his entire NFL experience. He was always laughing and enjoying his time during practices. He was staying around for autograph sessions longer than required. He spoke to fans as if he was with a large group of friends.

Those three guys really gave the impression that they were appreciative of the fantastic situation that they had been put in, as NFL players.

On a side note, Jared Allen was in my area the other day, to play a few rounds of golf with his friend Boomer Grigsby.

No annoucements made about it. No big charity event. Just came to hang out with his buddy Boomer.